00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,519 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-29 12:26:17

How do you make a drum roll without using the piano roll, i'm using the express version and i can't figure it out, and also how to you make sytrus stop echoing?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-29 12:30:47

and also how do you hook up a mic so that you can speak and instantly hear it through the vocoder, i've been trying this for forever, but i cant figure it out

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-29 12:35:40

At 8/29/07 12:26 PM, koopaclock wrote: How do you make a drum roll without using the piano roll, i'm using the express version and i can't figure it out, and also how to you make sytrus stop echoing?

Just put the drums repeatedly on the step sequencer after another the way you want them, that should be fairly asy for a drum roll and to make sytrus stop echoing you have to mess with the knobs on the bottom right of it try right clicking them to turn them off and finally for vocoder just check this link out VOCODER

I hope i helped

Greeksta

Check out my newest song HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-29 12:37:21

If your talking about a buzz drum roll your going to need a sample. If you mean 16th or 32nd note drum rolls or doubles or other rudiments just use the piano roll. A non-buzz drum roll is just playing really fast on a drum.

come support us at the newgrounds.com irc chat room! - just type your nick, and your in!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-29 12:41:25

At 8/28/07 05:31 PM, DragonsGrief wrote: Hmm. I think I may have figured out what I was doing wrong all along.

I'm using the MIDI - MIDI interface on my sound card, rather than MIDI - USB.

I have a cable from my keyboard's Output to my sound card's input, and can't hear anything.
Am I supposed to connect another cable from my keyboard's input to my sound card's output? So that it kind of like makes a circuit thing? Is that why my damn thing won't work?

there is no need to connect the input of your keyboard to the output of your USB interface unless you want to control it through FL. Check your synthesizer settings, there is usually a setting to turn midi on or a midi switch. Also, tell me what synth you are using.

come support us at the newgrounds.com irc chat room! - just type your nick, and your in!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-29 13:50:11

At 8/29/07 12:41 PM, ListenToMyMusic wrote: there is no need to connect the input of your keyboard to the output of your USB interface unless you want to control it through FL. Check your synthesizer settings, there is usually a setting to turn midi on or a midi switch. Also, tell me what synth you are using.

No such switch on my keyboard..I already connected the cables together anyway, dosen't seem to be working, no input OR output. I know for a fact the I/O drive is working fine, it sends sound to my headphones if I plug it in.
I'm using an old Yamaha keyboard, do I need drivers for that?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-29 14:03:38

nope, I have a yamaha dx21. Tell me your model number

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-29 15:57:14

At 8/29/07 02:03 PM, ListenToMyMusic wrote: nope, I have a yamaha dx21. Tell me your model number

It is a YPR-50. Pretty old, but no reason why MIDI shouldn't work. Too bad I spent $7 on another cable :<

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-29 23:24:52

I apologize if this has already been asked/answered but can any one suggest where i can get some decent bass guitar loops/generators?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-30 06:36:43

At 8/29/07 11:24 PM, Lyncho wrote: I apologize if this has already been asked/answered but can any one suggest where i can get some decent bass guitar loops/generators?

The BooBass built into fruity is a bass guitar generator while the FL Slayer is an electric guitar generator - Both come with FL studio.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-30 22:01:11

At 8/29/07 03:57 PM, DragonsGrief wrote:
At 8/29/07 02:03 PM, ListenToMyMusic wrote: nope, I have a yamaha dx21. Tell me your model number
It is a YPR-50. Pretty old, but no reason why MIDI shouldn't work. Too bad I spent $7 on another cable :<

lol, no it isn't my synth is from 1986, so don't say that yours is old. Mine has a MIDI enable options in the menus.

What you do is press the green button twice!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-30 22:09:40

The Green button which says "Start/Stop/PianistStyle/Select"

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-30 22:46:31

At 8/30/07 10:09 PM, ListenToMyMusic wrote: The Green button which says "Start/Stop/PianistStyle/Select"

Remind me if I ever see you that I will give you the best sex in your life imaginable.

Okay, now how do I make all the notes recorded of identicle velocity? It's kind of hard to edit it all bit by bit.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-31 00:17:07

in midi settings make link velocity to none

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-31 00:18:32

At 8/30/07 10:46 PM, DragonsGrief wrote: Remind me if I ever see you that I will give you the best sex in your life imaginable.

Seriously, I live very close to you, within 2 hours of your locale

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-31 00:20:57

nvm you fake female

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-31 01:57:54

At 8/31/07 12:20 AM, ListenToMyMusic wrote: nvm you fake female

I can still pass if I wear makeup!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-31 01:58:38

At 8/31/07 01:57 AM, DragonsGrief wrote:

maybe

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-31 02:11:45

At 8/31/07 01:58 AM, ListenToMyMusic wrote:
At 8/31/07 01:57 AM, DragonsGrief wrote:
maybe

I have an e-boyfriend, can he come too?

Can Reason load samples? I'm ReWiring Reason into FL, synthesizing and mixing in Reason, effects and mastering and sequencing and melodies in FL, so it's easier for me..

WILL REQUIRE MORE GOOD SAMPLES.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-31 02:15:19

yeah, just use the NN-XT or NN19

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-09-03 13:36:51

Just a question, is there a huge difference between lets say FL studio 5 (which i use) and FL studio 7? Anything monumental enough for me to invest in a new version?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-09-03 14:54:11

At 9/3/07 01:36 PM, DomesticTerrorist wrote: Just a question, is there a huge difference between lets say FL studio 5 (which i use) and FL studio 7? Anything monumental enough for me to invest in a new version?

If you bought FL5, then you should get FL7 free. It is worth it if you are making DnB, the parametric eq is awesome, but not worth it for trance, there really isn't too much difference,

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-09-03 17:25:41

Cool thanks mate ;D

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-09-03 20:04:31

I'm not sure if a question like this has been asked already. I've been using FL for a while now, and become pretty good at it and all of the features, but now im thinking about buying a new synthesizer as an add-on. Sytrus was my first though, and i was wondering if it would be helpful and productive for me, as someone who like to do a lot of electronic and realistic music. Would sytrus be worth it, and if not what other generator/synthesizer would you suggest?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-09-03 22:06:00

At 9/3/07 08:04 PM, afgc55 wrote: I'm not sure if a question like this has been asked already. I've been using FL for a while now, and become pretty good at it and all of the features, but now im thinking about buying a new synthesizer as an add-on. Sytrus was my first though, and i was wondering if it would be helpful and productive for me, as someone who like to do a lot of electronic and realistic music. Would sytrus be worth it, and if not what other generator/synthesizer would you suggest?

Hmm... Sytrus is good for beginners, is very powerful, and has lots of presets.
Vanguard is not too powerful, is easy to use, and can sound damn good if used correctly.
Z3ta is incredibly powerful, very expensive, and is probably your best bet for trance.

Choose whichever you like!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-09-03 22:15:43

thanks, i think i'll go with sytrus, seems like it should be a good way to start doing some new synth sounds. Hopefully i'll get more variety than with just the 3x Osc.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-09-04 00:34:53

At 9/3/07 01:36 PM, DomesticTerrorist wrote: Just a question, is there a huge difference between lets say FL studio 5 (which i use) and FL studio 7? Anything monumental enough for me to invest in a new version?

"Clone Selected Pattern"

i jumped from 4 to 6 and that was a monumental improvement. the amount of time it used to take to copy and paste automation data was such a pain.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-09-04 00:38:23

At 9/3/07 10:15 PM, afgc55 wrote: thanks, i think i'll go with sytrus, seems like it should be a good way to start doing some new synth sounds. Hopefully i'll get more variety than with just the 3x Osc.

the 3x Osc can be really good if u wanna learn more about synths. everything the sytrus can do it is possible to recreate using the 3x Osc and an FX channel. although it does require more effort. the pay off is u know exactly how to make a sound and u can change all aspects of it.
brrrp

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-09-05 18:37:04

I would vote Vangaurd/Absynth, you can get both from torrents pretty easy

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-09-05 19:51:01

Ok, a completely noob ass question thats probably been asked a million times... Why is my FL studio making crackling noises while im playing my music back through the program?