00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UnknownDegenerate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,440 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-10 14:18:07

I swear I've seen it before (like when you use the fruity slicer) but I have no idea how to do it, sorry.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-10 14:21:09

I dont think you can tbh. It works with midi drums because it's pre programmed in, but I don't think you can manually change it.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-10 17:23:06

How do I make more steps than just 64?

d2e3

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 01:31:35

Okay I got a question. My friend just taught me about the "make unique" option for automation, and he uses it for massive on a filter so he can switch up the pattern every four bars or whatnot. Anyways he has FL 9 and Massive ver. 2 and I have FL 8 and massive ver. 1 and when I click make unique and make a new automation, it doesn't automate the knob it was assigned to, and that ruins the whole make unique thing for me. Any ideas? I'm thinking it's a FL 9 thing.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 02:01:22

I need to know about realistic drumkit plugins. The usual FPC sounds kind of lame :(

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 02:23:21

Fruity DrumSynth Live I find to be good.
Then the best one I know of is NI Battery.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 08:01:15

At 10/11/10 02:01 AM, Arcaniel wrote: I need to know about realistic drumkit plugins. The usual FPC sounds kind of lame :(

1 - You dont neccesarily need a plug-in, you just need nice samples.
2 - My guesses are that you arent mixing down your drum tracks using conv reverb, regular reverb, stereo imaging, compressors, or EQs--beccause if you were then youd know that FPC drums are not THAT bad by any means. The default FL Studio stuff comes in a very dry form--thats so you can easily tweak it to what you want.

Battery was mentioned--its a bit expensive but definitely a great plug-in--especially if you get it with the Komplete package.

At 10/11/10 01:31 AM, Methreee wrote: problems with make unique function

Works for me...you really shouldnt be using FL8 anyways though--free updates for life baby!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 13:20:36

Also, you can download drum kits for free. I know I got a some a few months back where its just sampling of a whole drum set. The quality wasn't bad either.

NEEDS MOAR REVERB.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 14:37:33

Alright I have a question. I was searching around the internet for random tutorials on things I've been interesting in making and I stumbled upon a Reason tutorial for making a Wobble bass. I can make the bass already in FL, but what he had done was set the LFO retriggering to a step sequencer with a random LFO setting on key press. Video Here

It raised my general curiosity of being able to trigger various things like that in FL, but how would I go about creating a advanced link like that. I'm tempted to think I'll need a LOT of linked controller, but I'm up for anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 15:04:26

You could use a peak controller attached to the lfo, and just have several of them attached to different triggers to have a different lfo setting on each... however, I'm not sure how you'd go about making it random. I know you could use a single 3xosc as a trigger to set the LFO to whatever you have that 3xosc as...

I don't know if that made sense, but I do it with reverb (you have the 3xosc playing the same melo as... your melo, then when it isn't playing the peak controller turns on the reverb)

You could probably do something similar with lfo.

http://www.truploader.com/view/582026

I haven't tried it with lfo, but I assume it would work, albeit being a very indirect way of just creating automation clips.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 15:30:45

At 10/11/10 03:04 PM, Envy wrote: You could use a peak controller attached to the lfo, and just have several of them attached to different triggers to have a different lfo setting on each... however, I'm not sure how you'd go about making it random. I know you could use a single 3xosc as a trigger to set the LFO to whatever you have that 3xosc as...

I don't know if that made sense, but I do it with reverb (you have the 3xosc playing the same melo as... your melo, then when it isn't playing the peak controller turns on the reverb)

You could probably do something similar with lfo.

http://www.truploader.com/view/582026

I haven't tried it with lfo, but I assume it would work, albeit being a very indirect way of just creating automation clips.

That sounds interesting, I figured it would require a peak controller and some hardcore triggering. I might have to set a week aside to practice some extreme linking. I'm sure I could probably do it, like, linking controllers through Sytrus or something, but using the Wrapper for other VST's might make it more difficult.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 17:12:37

Formula Controller can do random equations I believe.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 18:01:35

Hey guys, anyone know how if theres a way to get rid of the the delay/reverb kind of "unce" sound you get when using bloody overdrive(on bass in this case, and alot of it :D), ive tried gating but that doesnt work too well for more complicating rhythms.

also whats the difference between tube distortion, overdrive, and bitcrushing(i know how they apply guitarwise, but in software im kinda lost).

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 18:04:23

FL won't close properly and freezes when trying to close, often after saving.

The work isn't lost but its annoying to wait 5 minutes for Task Manager to come up to terminate FL.exe.

How to stop this?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 18:06:28

At 10/11/10 06:01 PM, jpbear wrote: Hey guys, anyone know how if theres a way to get rid of the the delay/reverb kind of "unce" sound you get when using bloody overdrive(on bass in this case, and alot of it :D), ive tried gating but that doesnt work too well for more complicating rhythms.

also whats the difference between tube distortion, overdrive, and bitcrushing(i know how they apply guitarwise, but in software im kinda lost).

The reverb is kind of created from the distortion. However, you can turn down the volume of the blood overdrive itself to keep most of the effect but cancel out some of its harshness.

As far as the different types, I'm not totally sure, but a quick google search brought up This

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 18:32:23

The reverb is kind of created from the distortion. However, you can turn down the volume of the blood overdrive itself to keep most of the effect but cancel out some of its harshness.

As far as the different types, I'm not totally sure, but a quick google search brought up This

actually ive found turning it down on the mixer track does quite the opposite, the unce remains and the bass is less distorted. (yet helps somewhat true)
But that link regards guitar distortion, i know how that works(as i posted in my original question).

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 18:42:44

Why would they change depending on what system youre applying it to. They do the same thing in either situation.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 19:15:51

i do not want to get in any kind of a argument here, but real overdrive(in guitar) is simply gain at ridiculous volumes(requiring ridiculous volumes); so the higher the gain/volume the more distorted sound you get. Hence that is how "playing loud" became popular.(the louder the heavier your sound).

After overdrive became popular so did overdrive emulators, so distortion was invented which is an input effect rather than output such as "overdrive".

So why is bloody overdrive(in software) even called overdrive anyways, it has both pre and post?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 19:28:54

probably because of the effect it has on the sound, as it's similar to that of the overdrive on a guitar?

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 19:41:32

At 10/11/10 07:28 PM, Envy wrote: probably because of the effect it has on the sound, as it's similar to that of the overdrive on a guitar?

im sure the outcome or effect is similair, but how you get to that effect in the first place is what defines it(as in OVERdrive). My main problem is tube distortion vs overdrive, as in guitar im pretty sure their the same thing, but in heavier dance basses people never mention overdrive and always say tube(and i cant find one tube distortion vst arghh!)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 19:44:24

Maybe they just call it tube. However, you can always use Sytrus to create a custom waveform in order to clone the effect that distortion would have. I've never once added distortion to a dance bass.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 19:51:48

At 10/11/10 06:04 PM, Pounce wrote: FL won't close properly and freezes when trying to close, often after saving.

I think this might be a glitch on FL's end. It's been happening to me for a few months now and not just on the one pc either. You can try updating or re-installing FL but I don't think there's much you can really do about it (?)

At 10/11/10 06:01 PM, jpbear wrote: Hey guys, anyone know how if theres a way to get rid of the the delay/reverb kind of "unce" sound you get when using bloody overdrive(on bass in this case, and alot of it :D), ive tried gating but that doesnt work too well for more complicating rhythms.

I tested out a simple sawtooth bass using blood overdrive and didn't have any sort of decay so I think the problem may lie elsewhere. You can try shortening the bass' release by reducing it in the volume envelope and if the VST you're using has a built-in reverb or delay, have a look if they're enabled and turn them off if so.

If none of the above help then I guess you could try sidechain the bass which is an alternative to gating. Here is a tutorial on it.

And finally, I'm not completely sure of the differences between tube distortion, overdrive & bitcrushing. As far as I know, they're just different kinds of distortion you can use to achieve different sounds.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 19:52:14

At 10/11/10 07:44 PM, Envy wrote: Maybe they just call it tube. However, you can always use Sytrus to create a custom waveform in order to clone the effect that distortion would have. I've never once added distortion to a dance bass.

well by heavier dance i meant mostly electro house/ hard indy dance kinda stuff yknow? But anyways lol, ive never used sytrus for bass it just sounds so plastic and never gets gritty enough. Even though i use it for almost every lead i make

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 19:57:09

At 10/11/10 07:52 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 10/11/10 07:44 PM, Envy wrote: Maybe they just call it tube. However, you can always use Sytrus to create a custom waveform in order to clone the effect that distortion would have. I've never once added distortion to a dance bass.
well by heavier dance i meant mostly electro house/ hard indy dance kinda stuff yknow? But anyways lol, ive never used sytrus for bass it just sounds so plastic and never gets gritty enough. Even though i use it for almost every lead i make

Lol well its nice to have the ability to create your own waveform. You can make some pretty cool sounds. But like Nechura said, Tube and Overdrive can't be too different. I like to use decimate rather than bitcrushing, it creates a cool effect. Sylenth1 has it built in.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 21:03:32

ya i was thinking it was possibly the effect of 2 distortions, but it turned out to be maximus which ive noticed adds weird reverb in the past.
Problem solved yayz.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 21:18:50

ive noticed maximus adds weird reverb and is crazy if you turn down the volume of the maximus.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-11 21:36:16

ya i was thinking it was possibly the effect of 2 distortions, but it turned out to be maximus which ive noticed adds weird reverb in the past.
Problem solved yayz.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-12 03:37:28

Is there a way to make more steps than 64? I scroll on that little thing but it won't get past 64. Is there a way to make it longer? I need to know I want to make my electro songs! :(

d2e3

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-12 04:53:01

At 10/12/10 03:37 AM, spacenerd wrote: Is there a way to make more steps than 64? I scroll on that little thing but it won't get past 64. Is there a way to make it longer? I need to know I want to make my electro songs! :(

Doesn't work like that man. If you have a look on the right of the tempo in FL, you'll notice a little box with 'PAT' underneath it. This is the pattern selector. See, you don't have to try create a whole song on one pattern. You can split it up over many then arrange them in the playlist. Here's a video that might help you out a bit more.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-10-12 20:06:47

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

d2e3