00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

seaquester just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,529 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-25 08:24:10

At 4/25/09 01:09 AM, HarraH wrote: I asked this question before but nobody was able to help me... How do I prevent patterns making each other quieter? Like I have one pattern playing then another part of the song comes in and it makes the other pattern quiet even though it was loud before.

Need help asap, thanks!

Well, I think it's just a bunch of mixing issues you're having.
Try using an equaliser on the channels you're using.
Then just make sure they all have there own spot on the sound spectrum, so you don't have two things playing the bass, and thus messing up eachother. Hope that helps...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-25 11:44:30

Yeah also use a limiter..
Digital clipping can fuck up the levels.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-25 12:21:59

How do you get rid of the buzzing and popping sounds in FL Studio? Is there any other way other than increasing the buffer length without affecting the delays. Sometimes after I record songs I hear this silent buzzing. It makes it sound like I recorded my music in a big empty room...

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-25 12:56:21

At 4/25/09 12:21 PM, Murcielago1 wrote: How do you get rid of the buzzing and popping sounds in FL Studio? Is there any other way other than increasing the buffer length without affecting the delays. Sometimes after I record songs I hear this silent buzzing. It makes it sound like I recorded my music in a big empty room...

Other than getting a better processor/soundcard, you could try using the ASIO4ALL device instead of your Primary Sound Device, it will usually give better results but sometimes it's incompatible. Other then that there's nothing much else you can do other than be wise with which synths/effects/sounds you use according to how much cpu they use.

For the buzzing, have you tried EQing it out, you might be able to isolate the humming and notch it out, it's probably mains hum, background noise or the recorder itself.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-25 13:03:17

At 4/23/09 06:06 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
At 4/23/09 06:02 PM, MH16 wrote: I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work.
I set the ''snap'' option to Step and then i try to drag the point, but all it does is creating new points.
Uncheck this little one

Yeah, it works now.
Thanks Mich! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-25 22:48:25

Aight, I got a couple.

How do I make a bass dropoff with FL Studio 8?

And how do I use Reason 4.0 's instruments in FL?

Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most of them live the longest.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-25 22:58:09

Hi, I'm kinda new to FruityLoops, and I have two main questions.

One: Certain voices/instrument samples/etc. in FruityLoops have
this sorta... echo effect, I've noticed. It's like the sound keeps
playing on. Even if you don't put more notes in the Piano Roll, it
still echos out the last sound on the roll. Plus, with a looping of
sound, the longer it is, the louder the sound gets. (This is kinda
difficult to explain, but you can tell what I mean in one of my
audio submissions.) Is there any way to get rid of this?

Two: I want to try and make some music that sounds 8-bit... are
there any particular voices/instrument samples that you guys
would recommend using?

And in case this might affect anything, I'm using the free-trial
version of FL Studio 8. This means that as soon as I'm done
with a piece of music, I have to export into an .mp3/etc. format
in order to 'save' it. I'm not going to buy the full version until I
can make something decent. ^^;

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-25 22:59:07

At 4/25/09 10:48 PM, DisconnectedFromGame wrote:

Like a sample?

Rewire Reason into FL using the VST plug-in "Rewire" (Comes with FL)

Certified audiophreak, lv 60.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-25 23:16:07

At 4/25/09 10:58 PM, TachiSonata wrote: Hi, I'm kinda new to FruityLoops, and I have two main questions.

One:

That could be either the built in channel echo (on left of picture), or the ADSR envelop. I reccommend you read about ADSR envelops, as they will keep popping up in FL Studio in many different locations, and in many different soft synths.

Wikipedia ADSR

Two:

Take a look at this. Tweakbench's Peach. For a good example, listen this song, skip ahead to about 3/4 of the end.

To install this, put the .dll in the folder

C:/program files/vstplugins

In FL, right click a channel button->Insert->More... Then click refresh, and scroll down until you find tb_peach (highlighted in red), click the check box beside it so it says "F" and double click on it. It will now appear on the menu when you go Channels->Insert, along with all your other plugins.

Want a cool TF2-based and Minecraft gaming forum? Check us out WDZClan.com

We're the largest pub TF2 community on Steam!

Also, check out my Youtube!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-25 23:22:54

At 4/23/09 11:25 PM, snowclouds wrote: hey, can any 1 tell me how to slide notes in fl? (i thin it's not the scissors tool)

And to accompany MICHimself's lovely diagram, I would also like to mention that if you're holding a chord and you want to slide, a single slide note will transpose the whole chord. That is, unless you make the notes of your chord a different color. The slide notes color must match the color of the note you want to slide. You can make notes different colors by clicking on the button NEAR the top left corner of the window.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-26 03:06:45

What is the most efficient way to consolidate multiple projects?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-26 08:05:12

At 4/25/09 11:22 PM, Steven-Polley wrote:
At 4/23/09 11:25 PM, snowclouds wrote: hey, can any 1 tell me how to slide notes in fl? (i thin it's not the scissors tool)
And to accompany MICHimself's lovely diagram, I would also like to mention that if you're holding a chord and you want to slide, a single slide note will transpose the whole chord. That is, unless you make the notes of your chord a different color. The slide notes color must match the color of the note you want to slide. You can make notes different colors by clicking on the button NEAR the top left corner of the window.

Some side info ;) I never used sliding in the piano roll msyelf with that tool. :p
Nice to learn some new stuff here.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

At 4/25/09 10:48 PM, DisconnectedFromGame wrote: Aight, I got a couple.

I think you could do that best with the sliding method. Sliding has been explained earlier on the page.
Feel free to ask more about it though.

1) In FL, add a channel 'Rewired'
2) Under Client, select 'Reason'
3) Hit 'show panel', this will open up Reason.
4) In reason, add your instrument, tweak the settings how you like it. (and save the reason project file)
5) Go back to FL, to the rewired window, click 'Midi options'
6) Set it like this; Map Input Port 0, thenk click 'Add/change', there is now one line in that box.
7) On the right you see a list of devices in Reason, all with a number. Remember the number of the instrument you want to use.
8) Add a channel 'MIDI Out'
9) in the Channel window there's this box 'Channel', set that to the number of the reson device you just memorized. Set Port to 0
10) Now go to the piano roll for this Midi out and add your notes.

Should work.
Now when you reload your project later, you always have to go to your rewired channel, click show panel, then go into the reason instance that opened and there open your rns you saved.
Hope it works for you!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-26 08:07:05

At 4/26/09 06:53 AM, HarraH wrote: Question:

Is there a way to 'onion skin', so I can see the notes from one Piano Roll while I work on a seperate piano roll? (like the ghost of my other piano roll but so I'm not directly editing it). Thanks.

I don't think so, but what you could do is save your piano roll (the score) using the dropdown arrow in the top left of your piano roll window, file > save score.
Then open another instance of FL studio next to the one you're using, and load the score in a piano roll there.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-26 12:08:50

Is there a way to 'onion skin', so I can see the notes from one Piano Roll while I work on a seperate piano roll? (like the ghost of my other piano roll but so I'm not directly editing it). Thanks.

That feature is being worked on and planned to be released in FL 9

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-26 12:40:23

In the piano roll go to the top left corner and click on the upside down triangle, go to helpers > view ghost channels. This will show the notes from the piano rolls in the same pattern. (Or press alt+v)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-26 12:57:53

At 4/26/09 12:40 PM, xKore wrote: In the piano roll go to the top left corner and click on the upside down triangle, go to helpers > view ghost channels. This will show the notes from the piano rolls in the same pattern. (Or press alt+v)

Yet again I learned something new. Thanks xKore, how long have you been working with FL?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-26 15:49:08

At 4/26/09 12:57 PM, MICHhimself wrote: ...
Yet again I learned something new. Thanks xKore, how long have you been working with FL?

Just over a year now I guess.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-27 03:36:11

Hey I got a quick question, how can I make my bass louder, so some reason ( I am working on a hardstyle song atm :D), when I play my lead, chords and stuff the bass dosent sound loud at all, I have it EQ'ed nicley and its playing loud, I have tryed lowering the volumes of the other sounds but then the bass it too loud, Like how do I get my bass to sound powerful and undistorted?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-27 06:05:28

FUCKS SAKE
I am so close to smashing my monitor right now.

WHY THE FUCK would some samples that sound fine when you click on them in the browser to the right sound fucking retarded when i put them on the sampler?

example: [url=http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/14622 408/file.html]what the fuck.mp3[/url]
as you can see, the hats and snares are utterly fucked.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-27 06:53:53

Does the sample sound longer and eletronic? If so then change the time of it, Go to time scretching, and turn the time knob all the way down, it should do the trick

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-27 08:30:51

At 4/25/09 10:59 PM, Slipstreamer wrote:
Like a sample?

No, I was thinking by tweaking the wavelength so it just travels high to low, but it doesn't "ping pong" back and forth. Havn't found out how to do that.

Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most of them live the longest.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-27 10:28:35

At 4/27/09 06:53 AM, djsumara wrote: Does the sample sound longer and eletronic? If so then change the time of it, Go to time scretching, and turn the time knob all the way down, it should do the trick

Haha yeah thanks i figured that out straight after i posted >.<
Any idea why fl does this?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-27 13:38:12

At 4/27/09 08:30 AM, DisconnectedFromGame wrote:
At 4/25/09 10:59 PM, Slipstreamer wrote:
Like a sample?
No, I was thinking by tweaking the wavelength so it just travels high to low, but it doesn't "ping pong" back and forth. Havn't found out how to do that.

Didn't my answer earlier help you?

At 4/27/09 10:28 AM, ViceOfFire wrote:
At 4/27/09 06:53 AM, djsumara wrote: Does the sample sound longer and eletronic? If so then change the time of it, Go to time scretching, and turn the time knob all the way down, it should do the trick
Haha yeah thanks i figured that out straight after i posted >.<
Any idea why fl does this?

Maybe Fl thinks the sample should be stretched to sounds right, not sure. But I must say I've experienced it before lol

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-27 16:56:04

It does it because FL cant identify the correct way to play it, for example it might think its a 150BPM sample and you tempo is at 130BPM, it will automatically resample the sample to make it sound like its being play at 130, Its a common thing that happens to me, just fix the time and thats it.

Back to my question lol

How can I make my bass louder and sounds better? I lower the volumes on other sounds but when I play my bass it sounds low and not that kicky or punchy, any ideas? I tryed EQ'ing it a bit but nothing :/

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-28 13:32:27

ok guys ive been doing FL for several months now, but i really havn't progressed into using deeper tools past the piano roll, and minor/moderate editing of default sounds (you can tell from listening to my songs), so i'm just wondering if somebody could give me a rundown of essential/important tools & techniques i should know to help expand my musical capabilities (like, where to find them, how to use them, etc.)
btw im not fluent with the whole "music" lingo (i still understand the basics though) so if this could be put into layman's terms that would be great
sorry if its kind of a tall order, but i'd really apperciate it a lot.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-29 02:59:19

See the button right next to the words piano roll? That's a snap-to-grid button.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-29 03:03:47

At 4/29/09 02:55 AM, HarraH wrote: Quick noob question.

I have a piano roll like this and the bars aren't touching the lines properly, is there an easy way to automatically make the bars stuck to the lines?

You are looking to Quantanize (look at pic, the menu is accessed by clicking the little piano symbol on the top left corner of the window)

You can choose different grooves/bars to quantanize your notes to.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-29 03:04:47

Sorry forgot to add the pic----

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-29 03:07:09

At 4/29/09 02:59 AM, loansindi wrote: See the button right next to the words piano roll? That's a snap-to-grid button.

That'll work if you're programming notes via mouse, etc...

Quantanize can help keep everything solid after a live recording (especially if you have latency issues)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-29 03:14:14

Oh my god it's "quantize" not "quantanize".... why did I always think it was said like that?