00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Cody1993 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

661,979 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-27 02:49:29

At 3/22/09 05:42 AM, GamerMan7 wrote:
At 3/22/09 04:57 AM, Squll2 wrote: Hey guys, got a really weird problem here, I must have done some but I dont know what.

Anyway, the problem is, my panning knob (in my step sequencer) or any panning at ALL (including effects) results in the changing of volume, if I pan to the left = decreased volume, to the right = increased. My normal volume knob still works as normal volume as well.

Appreciate any help at all! Thanks.
options -> project general settings -> enable circular panning law.

Before you ask, if checked the circular panning is used, otherwise linear (pyramidal) panning is used if it is unchecked. If a sound is panned hard left or right, only one speaker will be active. This will sound quieter than the center position where both speakers are active, unless steps are taken to counteract this effect. Circular panning maintains a constant apparent volume by progressively lowering the combined volume of the L+R channels by 3dB as the pan passes dead centre. Pyramidal panning does not apply this compensation, so the apparent loudness will increase as the sound passes the centre position.

Also check out this video... just because it sounds louder with it off doesn't mean its better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnkyQsRiJ fI

hope that solves your problem

Sorry for the late reply, I was away last week, I have looked at your solution (and video) and have turned both the Circular Panning law on and off, makes no difference.

I know that both my speakers work, because if I put them next to my ear, and listen I can distinctly hear them from each speaker sepeartly.

However, I am still getting this strange problem where my Panning knob acts EXACTLY the same as my volume knob, its like having two volume knobs.

(Yes my panning knob did use to work in the past)

Music, yeah.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-27 12:33:29

"Fruity Love Philter isn't a generator... that is, it is not to be dropped on a channel."

Can anybody help me with this?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-27 15:01:24

At 3/27/09 12:33 PM, GoldbloodedDragon wrote: "Fruity Love Philter isn't a generator... that is, it is not to be dropped on a channel."

That's quite clear in my opinion.
The things you drop on channels are actual generators of sound, like the 3xOsc
Fruity love philter is an effect. This does not generate sound, but it alters the sound you run through it.
Try using the love philter on a mixer channel. :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-27 15:08:35

At 3/27/09 03:01 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
At 3/27/09 12:33 PM, GoldbloodedDragon wrote: "Fruity Love Philter isn't a generator... that is, it is not to be dropped on a channel."

That's quite clear in my opinion.
STUFF >:C
Try using the love philter on a mixer channel. :)

I apologise for my n00biness, but...
...what's a mixer channel?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-27 15:19:44

At 3/27/09 03:08 PM, GoldbloodedDragon wrote: ...what's a mixer channel?

The FX mixer.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-27 15:24:57

At 3/27/09 03:19 PM, modem wrote:
At 3/27/09 03:08 PM, GoldbloodedDragon wrote: ...what's a mixer channel?
The FX mixer.

Ah, thank you.

I basically need help with mixing and EQ'ing in general.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-29 17:35:20

Alright, here is one I'm hoping to solve because it's starting to annoy me.

Im using Fruity Loops as a sequencer. However, I can only load samples that force the RAM up to around 1758. Now that's great and understandable if I were using only 2 GB. But im using 4GB. and would like to try and encorporate more than splitting up the project. Im already using the 3GB version of the software so it should already allocate the extra ram. But it doesn't seem to.

Im also aware of the 3GB switch, however, im also aware that the 3GB switch could mess up the entire system registry. And since i just make music for a hobby, then it isnt worth risking it all for a task like this. So...is there anything I can do to enforce FL to the 3GB version?

The extra Gig, would help me work much more productively.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-30 00:24:37

How do I directly lower the volume of a channel?

There are two knobs left to each channel bar (you know, where you can add notes)
One is for panning, the other for volume.

Oh sweet jesus, how in the world could I possibly have missed that *facepalm*

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-30 00:52:08

@Peter

chances are you're using 32 bit OS. Vista home, or 32 bit XP. Hell, even if you were using 64 bit XP currently Fruity Studios 8.x is 32 bit only so the maximum you can use with it is 3 gigs (with the 3 gig version).

How can you make use of that extra gig? Right now you can't. When Image-Line decides that perhaps it's time to stop making new gadgets and get their damn shit together to make their flagship product 64 bit compatible, then you can use that extra gig.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-30 12:05:01

Yeah I'm using the a 32bit OS. I've been meaning to change to 64bit, and I had done at one point. However when I did, my Wacom tablet could not set up correctly. So I returned to 32bit.

It's annoying why Image-Line haven't included this. Grrr. Splitting up the project it is then. Bah! BAH I SAY!

>_<

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-04 15:16:52

Hey guys, I've composed a piano play in Fruity Loops, when making it, the melody sound great rythm, but when I listen to the whole thing, I hear some little mistakes, like notes not on the perfect timing... I believe there was some tool wich scans your file and corrects these mistakes, but I have no idea how its called and where I can find it anymore. Can anyone help me on this one?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-04 15:18:40

At 4/4/09 03:16 PM, Stannoman wrote: Hey guys, I've composed a piano play in Fruity Loops, when making it, the melody sound great rythm, but when I listen to the whole thing, I hear some little mistakes, like notes not on the perfect timing... I believe there was some tool wich scans your file and corrects these mistakes, but I have no idea how its called and where I can find it anymore. Can anyone help me on this one?

No, I have never heard of any such thing. If you're recording live from a midi keyboard, then you can quantize it. I believe it's Alt + Q when you're in the piano roll.

Want a cool TF2-based and Minecraft gaming forum? Check us out WDZClan.com

We're the largest pub TF2 community on Steam!

Also, check out my Youtube!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-04 22:15:50

Regarding the final renders of tracks, what do you guys set you sampler interpolation to?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-04 22:26:11

At 4/4/09 10:15 PM, S3C wrote: Regarding the final renders of tracks, what do you guys set you sampler interpolation to?

There is only one logical answer for that question:

512 POINT SYNC!!!!!!!

Highest quality possible.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-04 22:44:14

Is there a negligible difference between 512 sinc and 64 and if so, what exactly? I've googled the subject and have found mixed answers.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-04 22:47:43

*not negligible*, I mean

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-04 23:20:08

At 4/4/09 10:44 PM, S3C wrote: Is there a negligible difference between 512 sinc and 64 and if so, what exactly? I've googled the subject and have found mixed answers.

Well, the difference isn't very small, and is probably unnoticable to untrained ears, but you should always aspire to have the highest quality render on your final render. 512-point sync is just, well, better. Nothing more to be said.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-05 02:13:00

Fair enough answer BAB, thanks :)
i've rendered all my tracks with the default 6-point hermite option, oops....;)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-05 03:58:02

Can anyone tell me how to speed up.. or slow down the metronome :o?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-07 22:20:07

how do i blend notes together to make it sound like say a hammer-on or a smooth transition from one note to another?

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-08 08:03:58

You need a basic long note, say a 4 beat C5 note that will play for the entire 4 beats. Add a sliding note somewhere in the piano roll, and this will add a sliding effect to the clip.

See Dj-Comet's song Rapture to get a good feel of sliding. (Comet is here on NG)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-08 08:19:32

At 4/5/09 03:58 AM, Stannoman wrote: Can anyone tell me how to speed up.. or slow down the metronome :o?

Go up to the tempo box, right click on the number and push "Edit Events in Piano Roll".

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-13 22:52:43

okay. FL Goes OUT OF TUNE sumtimes and its bothering the crap outa me. Idk wut is going on for the sound to be thrown off.

-i alredy have the sound patterns and stuff, and sum times when i add instruments or edit sounds it goes out of tune when i hit play.....
any solutions or why and how it happens so i can prevent it would be helpful

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-13 22:57:01

Next to the main volume control up top

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-14 07:54:34

At 4/13/09 10:57 PM, Envy wrote: Next to the main volume control up top

you need to sort out your toolbar mate

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-14 09:41:26

Anyone ever get clicking issues with playback in FL7?
Sounds like a scratched record...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-14 09:53:11

Yeah, it happens to me when the CPU load is topping out. Also, alot of delays/crazy fx can do it too (I think)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-14 10:46:47

At 4/14/09 09:41 AM, Zenan wrote: Anyone ever get clicking issues with playback in FL7?
Sounds like a scratched record...

It's your CPU/Soundcard being worked too hard.

Go to options > audio settings and change the sound thingy to the ASIO ones and see if that helps, if your computer supports it then it will help with that alot. If that doesn't work, turn the buffer slider up on your original sound setting, it'll give you latency but play back will be smoother.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-18 16:36:25

here is a link of a question that i posted by the wrong topic:
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1051 400

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-18 18:29:54

At 4/18/09 04:36 PM, Dj-tom wrote: here is a link of a question that i posted by the wrong topic:
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1051 400

Let's first repost the question...

"

hello. i have a question thats difficult to explain...
its about FL. ok here it go's:
there is a plugin, sytrus. and if you than choos a saw, like silversaw or hypersaw (its by all samples but i like that one) than by modulation(left) if U chance something there the sample is going to chance too. and its cool that in my music its changing. but i dont know how. i know that u can make a lot of sytrus patterns but that isnt cool.

srry for the bad english, i hope u understand..."

I think you mean you want a parameter in sytrus to be automated over the song.
In order to do this... Right click the knob you want to change automatically, then click on 'Create Automation Clip'
In the playlist there now is a little clip where you can add points and such, tweak this to your liking.