00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Advertisements!

1,833,479 Views | 32,377 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-03 20:08:22

da pope don worry about ur bullshit voting score.

its hard to get KNOWN with scores like that, but it doesnt take good music to get a good score, it takes good luck.

u should judge your music by your reviews. (its the only REAL way to tell) besides, 1-5 isnt a very big voting range.... 5 must be good but then whats that make 4? average? lol the only thing voting is good for is getting u known on the site, and alot of the people with good scores have shit music and way too much time..... lol

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-04 11:12:17

At 5/4/05 10:56 AM, B0UNC3 wrote: Just thought i would say this....
If you want to make a really hot track but don't feel like u can do it, then set your expectations low enough, and you can achieve anything ;).

High scores doesn't mean good music, tho many think so.They key for what others think of your music are the reviews.

*Note*
I just noticed that i'm rank 1 for the moment on the trance list, but that doesn't make me good.

Oh i wrote this because i think i saw some post here mentioning it..:/

You're pretty much right. I got weekly number 1 with a high score, but I know about 40 people are gonna see it and go "Number one??? More like... number ZERO! *click*" So scores don't really mean a whole lot. I likes me some reviews.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-04 11:20:41

At 5/4/05 11:12 AM, TheNewGillenium wrote: You're pretty much right. I got weekly number 1 with a high score, but I know about 40 people are gonna see it and go "Number one??? More like... number ZERO! *click*" So scores don't really mean a whole lot. I likes me some reviews.

Damn straight. As for myself i've got mid scores lying around 3.00 - 4.00, but i've recieved some really good reviews recently ( no names mentioned, Chronamut ), and i'm very happy for them.

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-04 14:07:03

Ah... Damn.

How exactly do you get A-Bot's weekly favorites? Because the one that I submitted last week (Crossroads) had a higher score than "Not Again- Another Raindrop".

Fancy Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-04 15:21:40

At 5/4/05 12:20 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: Now, we could start discussing how u know if your well known :P

Hope u understand what im trying to say coz i can't find the words for it :(

That he's good but if he's dropped down like he is he doesn't mean anything at all.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-04 15:33:16

At 5/4/05 10:56 AM, B0UNC3 wrote: Just thought i would say this....
If you want to make a really hot track but don't feel like u can do it, then set your expectations low enough, and you can achieve anything ;).

High scores doesn't mean good music, tho many think so.They key for what others think of your music are the reviews.

*Note*
I just noticed that i'm rank 1 for the moment on the trance list, but that doesn't make me good.

Oh i wrote this because i think i saw some post here mentioning it..:/

Thogh I have to admit your music is pretty sweet, so I wouldnt be surprised if you were at the first place.

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-04 17:20:45

Someone comment on my music.

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-04 17:24:38

go check my grindcore tracks

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-04 18:53:04

Dude. I hate the scoring system on the BBS.

The thing with me singing is #2 on A-Bots weekley favs.
It's terrible! I did it 5 seconds and urgh...

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-04 21:09:21

Check out my music... ive only got good reviews this far... come and criticise!

I wanna thank Mydnite for creating my awsome sig!

And be sure to check out my music ^^

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-04 21:17:47

I'd like to advertise the ongoing Battle of the Audio Portal, I'd highly advise to all artists who haven't seen it check it out and compete, it's a great way to get noticed and even earn a few prizes, a lot of great artists are competing and genre does not matter, I'm trying to find a way for all competitors to benefit.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-04 23:21:21

Your Favorite Riffs #1

I played some of my favorite riffs and ya... Review it and tell me what riffs should be #2

This one has: Heartbreaker, Mr Brownstone, Killing In The Name, Sweet Child O' Mine, Voodoo Child, Ironman, Crazy Train, Slither and Sunshine Of Your Love

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-05 03:56:12

Hey all,

I'm new to newgrounds, the audio portal, music composition, and midi's. Pretty much the only thing i'm not new to is music (played the piano for over a decade). I've made a midi based on an original theme but just as a way to play around with my newfound software and addiction. I'd love to have some people review it an send some comments, hints, or tips on anything. I'll be reviewing some of your stuff too!

~Thanks for taking the time

-link to my song-
http://newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=1199066&sub=24129

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-05 06:16:40

u are very good bounc3 but u are also lucky.

most good (or fairly good) audio artists take way longer to get as popular as u (if u dont think u are, compare ur amount of reviews to other people's, and compare the reviews overall score lol)

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-05 16:52:41

At 5/4/05 05:20 PM, -api- wrote: Someone comment on my music.

Yea, I think its great

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-05 17:30:00

hey guys, all your songs sound great. Heres a bit of my music, im 14 and i play guitar in all of these. please tell me what you think, im trying to get some recognition. thanks again.

My music (its on purevolume)

-dominic

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-05 20:51:53

New song added... "First Level"

reviews are welcome

http://www.newgrounds.com/audi...9086&page=1&order=date

I wanna thank Mydnite for creating my awsome sig!

And be sure to check out my music ^^

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-05 21:03:44

Link in me sig, the new stuff on mixposure.. more coming soon!!!!

Nexus: 1. a means of connection; tie; link.

Nexus: 2. a connected series or group.

Nexus: 3. the core or center, as of a matter or situation.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-06 00:04:27

Hey thanks man! i love all your feedback and support.

have a good day.

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-06 08:07:52

sorry to bother all, but how can I respond to a review? when i sign in and i click on the link that says "respond to your audio reviews" it says:

You can respond to reviews of your Audio entries, and your comments will show up underneath the review. Click the submission below whose reviews you would like to respond to.

1. Crazy Dream

and when i click it, all i can see is the review, and no button or text box to click on or type in... can someone help me out?

(thanks psybot, for the review. I'm new and so i'd love to get feedback on how I can actually do those things you told me about...)

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-06 08:35:48

At 5/4/05 07:56 PM, Chronamut wrote: now everybody go check out my new song or no more reviews for you :P

I reviewed a couple for you. And fiven'd both.

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-06 17:19:02

Anyone Check This out?

Just me playing some of my favorite riffs (Heartbreaker, Mr Brownstone, Killing In The Name, Sweet Child O' Mine, Voodoo Child, Ironman, Crazy Train, Slither and Sunshine Of Your Love)

Review and tell me what riffs should be in the next one

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-06 17:52:34

I'd like to bring this to everyones attention, it is unlikely anybody will review your audio when you advertise it, why?

You can't sit back and wait for someone to review your material, that's just what you and just about everyone else is thinking, you can only get a lot of reviews if you initiate them.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-06 19:57:53

At 5/6/05 06:44 PM, Bjra wrote:
At 5/6/05 05:52 PM, Erkie wrote: I'd like to bring this to everyones attention, it is unlikely anybody will review your audio when you advertise it, why?

You can't sit back and wait for someone to review your material, that's just what you and just about everyone else is thinking, you can only get a lot of reviews if you initiate them.
erkie, the way the audio portal works makes it a nessesity to advertise. There are tens of thousands of songs in each category, and unless the first few people review with perfect scores, it will get bumped, sadly, down the list, where the chances of review are slim if none...

I'm aware of that, and it's not even what I said.

What I said is that you can advertise, but you have to review, you can't sit back and expect it to happen.

BBS Signature

Fancy Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-07 11:07:32

I' am the king of industrial.

Next to the other artists.

In that genre.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-07 13:53:23

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-07 18:06:14

May be a bit too "out there" for a few people, I tend to wander when getting to the end of a track.

Listen to "Dial-Up Sucks" and "Tour Et's Dream" first before listening to anything else, I consider those better than the rest of my crap. It will also give you an idea of what I make. Save you some time. If you like those two you have a better chance of liking my other stuff...Consolodate your time!
It'd be cool to get some constructive ideas/thoughts. If you have any, hah. I donno, I Like to hear suggestions.

*Feel free to enhance your musical experience*

Audio | Alter | It sounds like a fire hydrant went off in an old folks home with screaming babies field recorded, glitched, and spontaneously played back.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-07 22:24:09

You know, I just gotta laugh about that. Sorry, but it's funny that Floyd got it wrong again. Perhaps your user name is too difficult to remember? LOL!
Thanks to the few who have reviewed my music. I really appreciate the feedback.

Vote Quimby.....err.....five!!

Response to Audio Advertisements! 2005-05-08 01:08:40

At 5/7/05 09:52 PM, Chronamut wrote: PUNCHES pink_floyd in the stomach - GET IT RIGHT!

For that, you are going to claim the name of Shwardz rather to any Chromo-such name.

Fancy Signature