00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stolen Flash

23,934 Views | 199 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 10:26:26

id buy some stickers if i could pay with PAYPAL

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 10:54:03

Funniest thing ever.
lol. That movie made me LMAO.

ffs. that is all.

BBS Signature

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 11:09:27

At 4/9/05 03:39 AM, Tom_s00 wrote: Wade; making newgrounds a better place.... : P

Wade is our second king!1

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 11:13:18

how would i be able to aquire a cheap flash program so that i can make animations.
cheers james Burrington

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 11:16:33

yeah people who steal flash are ugly penis toucherS!

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 11:17:16

At 4/9/05 08:56 AM, dameonvx3 wrote: where do you get those really cool pics under your names

Yup, I can't see you staying here very long. :\

I watched the movie and it was actually very good, the funny thing is, he wasn't trying to steal it he was just trying to show it on another website for the creator, but he still stole it, what an idiot. XD

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 11:50:56

haha ya i saw that when it was in the portal i gave it a 5 though :( but I never saw it before turns out it was stolen

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 12:51:02

Well lets teach him a lesson!

Stolen Flash

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 13:30:47

WOW! he must have been PURE evil to do such a thing!

BBS Signature

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 14:15:31

At 4/8/05 12:53 PM, FrOzEn_FoX wrote: Really? Reminds me of that time that stolen Powerpuff girls flash was stolen.

Btw, I noticed Eatyourmumshead was deleted, why? Was he the one whom submitted it?

And another thing worth mentioning whilst I'm here, have you seen the abusive review that Doki (aka David Firth) left me?

That wasn't abusive, don't be stupid. Read the rules! Calling YOU names is abusive. Saying your Flash is a pice of shit may be harsh or it may be true. That doesn't matter, though, because the question is whether it's abusive. The answer is it's not.

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 14:34:11

At 4/9/05 02:15 PM, thelordofcheese wrote: That wasn't abusive, don't be stupid. Read the rules! Calling YOU names is abusive. Saying your Flash is a pice of shit may be harsh or it may be true. That doesn't matter, though, because the question is whether it's abusive. The answer is it's not.

Ok, take a moment and actually read the review rules.

First rule:

1. Stay on the topic of the submission and do not make personal remarks or insults towards the author. This is a big offense. Telling artists "You suck!", "You should go kill yourself!", "You are gay!", etc. will get you banned and you may lose your account. Without our contributors Newgrounds wouldn't be what it is, so we take seriously any insults directed at them by reviewers.

All he said was bollocks, a piece of shit leaching of the popularity of another piece of shit, don't tell me that wasn't abusive, he didn't even explain why he thought it was shit. Even if it is true that it was shit, that doesn't make it acceptable to call it shit literally, the review system is to help flash makers improve their work, not insult them for trying! :(

Sorry but about 14/144 people think that review was abusive or not helpful.

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 14:46:18

At 4/9/05 08:56 AM, dameonvx3 wrote: where do you get those really cool pics under your names

It's things like that which I think should also be suitable grounds for banning, or at least a deleted post and a warning or something.

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 14:53:05

Don't steal - just borrow.
I dont mind receiving abusive reviews personally as long as they can handle the abusive replys.

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 15:06:45

You picture spammers are such idiots.

Well, that Nightmare City flash...was stolen? Dang, and it got Daily Feature too. That'll teach the bastard who stole and submitted it to make his own flash. Lazy ass. :P

OUT

BBS Signature

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 15:09:37

What I don't get is this:

The person who submitted Nightmare City said he wasn't Clairvoyance--when I first saw the thing, it said they were submitting it for the actual author. The revised author's comments that are on its blammed page give MORE information about the actual author.

So, WHY did nobody check with the actual author before giving it a 5, giving it a good review, or GIVING IT FIRST PLACE?

This isn't an issue of "ZOMG we were fooled! BASTARD!!" At best, we may have been led to believe that the author actually wanted his/her pieces submitted...but then, isn't it we who are the fools? I didn't think ANYONE who read the author's comments would actually believe the submitter was the author. And anytime someone says "I'm submitting this for the real author," we should probably notify Tom or Wade and ask them to contact the "real author" so we can be CERTAIN it's OK with the artist.

Kicking the submitter in the groin when the majority of voters DIDN'T READ THE AUTHOR'S COMMENTS? (Or didn't question why someone else was submitting clairvoyance's work? or didn't think to contact Clairvoyance and ask if the submitter had permission?)

Every one of us who voted 5, despite the fact that it's obvious Clairvoyance didn't actually submit that piece to NG, is to blame for that piece surviving and winning.

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 16:32:24

*Hits dameonvx3 with a pie*

Figure it out yourself. And stop picture spamming with that shit.

In other news, good job Wade. Stealing is bad mmkay?

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 16:48:45

Wade ever thought of online sticker purchase? I'm sure it would be much easier and less of a hassle.

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 17:15:12

i hate it when ppl steal other ppls flash

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 17:41:06

Waaaaaaaade Heeeellppppp meeeeee!
Mmk I sorted out all my cash and envelopes and shit for stickers but then i realise I need US stamps for the return envelopes as I assume the US postal service doesnt take UK postal stamps, any ideas?

x

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 17:42:56

Darn dirty thieves!!!! Be gone with you!

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 17:43:58

At 4/9/05 02:34 PM, FrOzEn_FoX wrote:
At 4/9/05 02:15 PM, thelordofcheese wrote: That wasn't abusive, don't be stupid. Read the rules! Calling YOU names is abusive. Saying your Flash is a pice of shit may be harsh or it may be true. That doesn't matter, though, because the question is whether it's abusive. The answer is it's not.
Ok, take a moment and actually read the review rules.

First rule:

1. Stay on the topic of the submission and do not make personal remarks or insults towards the author. This is a big offense. Telling artists "You suck!", "You should go kill yourself!", "You are gay!", etc. will get you banned and you may lose your account. Without our contributors Newgrounds wouldn't be what it is, so we take seriously any insults directed at them by reviewers.

All he said was bollocks, a piece of shit leaching of the popularity of another piece of shit, don't tell me that wasn't abusive, he didn't even explain why he thought it was shit. Even if it is true that it was shit, that doesn't make it acceptable to call it shit literally, the review system is to help flash makers improve their work, not insult them for trying! :(

Sorry but about 14/144 people think that review was abusive or not helpful.

How about, instead, YOU take a moment to read the rules. That little bit you pasted up there? It says not to tell the ARTIST that he sucks. Not to tell the ARTIST to die, or that he's gay.

It doesn't say you can't say the MOVIE sucked.

"Your movie sucks! It's total shit! I can't stand it!" = fine

"You suck! You're total shit! I can't stand you!" = abusive

Understand the difference yet?

Also, just because that review has such a low "helpful" rating doesn't mean that everyone besides the 14 helpful clickers clicked "abusive." Many, if not most (I hope), clicked NOT HELPFUL. Which is not the same as abusive. It means the review should have and COULD have been better and more constructive, but that it wasn't abusive.

And it sounds like it was simply not helpful. Not abusive. So get over it, none of us review mods are banning him for your hurt feelings on BEHALF of your movie. If he insults YOU next time, then come running to us.

At 4/9/05 03:09 PM, Nonesuch wrote: What I don't get is this:

The person who submitted Nightmare City said he wasn't Clairvoyance--when I first saw the thing, it said they were submitting it for the actual author. The revised author's comments that are on its blammed page give MORE information about the actual author.

So, WHY did nobody check with the actual author before giving it a 5, giving it a good review, or GIVING IT FIRST PLACE?

This isn't an issue of "ZOMG we were fooled! BASTARD!!" At best, we may have been led to believe that the author actually wanted his/her pieces submitted...but then, isn't it we who are the fools? I didn't think ANYONE who read the author's comments would actually believe the submitter was the author. And anytime someone says "I'm submitting this for the real author," we should probably notify Tom or Wade and ask them to contact the "real author" so we can be CERTAIN it's OK with the artist.

Kicking the submitter in the groin when the majority of voters DIDN'T READ THE AUTHOR'S COMMENTS? (Or didn't question why someone else was submitting clairvoyance's work? or didn't think to contact Clairvoyance and ask if the submitter had permission?)

Every one of us who voted 5, despite the fact that it's obvious Clairvoyance didn't actually submit that piece to NG, is to blame for that piece surviving and winning.

Don't be a fool. Giving it a 5 was FINE. If you've ever read the message that NG gives you when you whistle something for being stolen, you'd know that you're SUPPOSED TO VOTE WHAT THE ENTRY DESERVES, NOT WHAT THE AUTHOR DESERVES.

As a result, if something is GREAT but you think it's stolen, you should whistle it as stolen and ALSO vote 5. The problem in this case isn't that people voted 5. The problem is that NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE HIT THE WHISTLE. Maybe it wasn't clear enough that it was stolen. From what you say, it sounds like it should have been. I personally wasn't on NG at the time it was UJ. I suspect most of the 200 voters were fairly noobish, and none of them realised that "submitting a movie for someone who doesn't want to submit it to NG, but it's really good so I had to submit it here!" is not an okay reason to steal a flash and submit it to the NG flash portal.

That's not the fault of the system, it's just bad luck and ignorance on the part of a hundred or so viewers and voters. 3 people may have whistled it as stolen, but it takes 4 people to take it off the portal... and sadly, no 4th person ever got to whistle it in time. That's what you should be angry about, if anything. Relax, jeez. O_o

gfoxCLOCK // wi/ht? BLOWS // 2x10k SUCKList (whatever, tl;dr) // Baha-MAN's List!

blahblah: 60000 b/p (#2), 36000 blams (#3), 24000 saves (#1) <---lolstatwhore!

BBS Signature

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 18:05:38

At 4/9/05 05:43 PM, gfoxclock wrote:
Also, just because that review has such a low "helpful" rating doesn't mean that everyone besides the 14 helpful clickers clicked "abusive." Many, if not most (I hope), clicked NOT HELPFUL. Which is not the same as abusive. It means the review should have and COULD have been better and more constructive, but that it wasn't abusive.

And it sounds like it was simply not helpful. Not abusive. So get over it, none of us review mods are banning him for your hurt feelings on BEHALF of your movie. If he insults YOU next time, then come running to us.

I understand, I could've sworn though that this was considered abusive. Yes my feeling were hurt but I thought just using verbal abuse to call something bad in a review was abuse, my bad. :P

Yes, the review could've been more helpful, I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up.

Man, having a review with that bad a rating can't look good on David Firth's review thing. :S

Btw, are you actually Gfoxcook/clock or is this your alt account? Just to clear up for future knowledge, you certainly do seem to be gfoxcook.

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 18:11:06

There should really be something to encourage the use of the "Not Helpful" review button. I rarely ever take the time to hit it.

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 18:30:52

Ok, forget David Firth, Transkar left me a HEAVILY abusive review.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/readreview.php3?id=228832

He said this.

You dont deserve anything you stupid piece of shit. Kill you self and slit ur balsac. Let the cum drip out into your dads mouth and make him scream. Eat shit and kill yourself fuckin nerdy ass piece of numa shit. Go fuck a dog cus you suck at flashes. Seriously you fail at life in general you fat fuck of shit. Fuck you and have a bad day.

Thats actual abuse repeatedly telling me to go fucking kill myself.

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 18:37:27

At 4/8/05 11:30 PM, ramagi wrote:
At 4/8/05 10:50 PM, Miikro wrote: So if you're cracking down on stolen flash again, how come Ozcar still has an account?
Sorry those details have been classified and sealed.

Too bad no oen relzied it was stolen why it was UJ.

So basically, you're covering for him and mods are above the rules?

How do I double standard here?

If Apple Jacks aren't going to taste like real apples, then they can get a regular job like everybody else.

BBS Signature

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 18:52:34

At 4/9/05 05:43 PM, gfoxclock wrote: Don't be a fool. Giving it a 5 was FINE. If you've ever read the message that NG gives you when you whistle something for being stolen, you'd know that you're SUPPOSED TO VOTE WHAT THE ENTRY DESERVES, NOT WHAT THE AUTHOR DESERVES.

As a result, if something is GREAT but you think it's stolen, you should whistle it as stolen and ALSO vote 5. The problem in this case isn't that people voted 5. The problem is that NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE HIT THE WHISTLE. Maybe it wasn't clear enough that it was stolen. From what you say, it sounds like it should have been. I personally wasn't on NG at the time it was UJ. I suspect most of the 200 voters were fairly noobish, and none of them realised that "submitting a movie for someone who doesn't want to submit it to NG, but it's really good so I had to submit it here!" is not an okay reason to steal a flash and submit it to the NG flash portal.

That's not the fault of the system, it's just bad luck and ignorance on the part of a hundred or so viewers and voters. 3 people may have whistled it as stolen, but it takes 4 people to take it off the portal... and sadly, no 4th person ever got to whistle it in time. That's what you should be angry about, if anything. Relax, jeez. O_o

I remember having voted on a submission, and then when I tried to blow the whistle I couldn't.

I've never tried it the other way around before. But, in the last few days, when I *have* blown a whistle, it says something to the effect of "We assume your vote is a zero, and if it's blammed you'll get your blam point."

So, as far as I know, you can't vote AND whistle...
...but maybe it's been a while since I tried the vote-then-blow method...

I dunno. Anyone else have experience in this matter?

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 19:18:01

At 4/9/05 12:02 AM, CrozzyBear wrote: did ne 1 else notice krbyfan1 did a quadruple post? well i did :D

thx for the notice. you, like my brother, have great eye sight.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 20:48:42

O i wanna kick his ass, PLZ!!!

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 21:11:08

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/230180 Look at TurboFiddler's comment (almost halfway down). Stole the words out of my mouth.

Response to Stolen Flash 2005-04-09 23:11:20

What was the users name?
what was the movie that was stolen?