00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LFCLIAM96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jeff Weise's Flash

65,587 Views | 616 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 02:23:44

At 3/25/05 12:55 AM, CaedoDeum wrote:

Thanks... this clears it up a little. The answer is yes. And it was so obvious... I didnt need to ask. Think about it... some guy goes rambo on his school in uzbekiwhogivesafuckistan and we will never know about, ten americans and BANG, What is wrong with us? Holy fucking shit, am I the only one who realizes how fucked up we all are?

I think youer the only one who cares. Lets be realistic, if this happened in Europe or Canada this would be just as horrible as if it took place in america. Were not talking about people blowing themselves up to get back at each other, were talking about a mental case going nuts and killing a bunch of kids and himself. Big difference. This isnt really the situation where the soapbox "I care cuz its america" crap applies. NG is an American site anyways, so even if it were to be like that, its your problem if it bothers you, not theirs. In either case, your an idiot to think that its just an american thing. People bitched their asses off over the Tsunami loot up and that was making fun of the tragedy (to some). This... this is a flash made by someone who went apeshit about a year later. Whoop dee fuckin doo. The kid likely wasnt plotting this back then, so the flash is irrelevant. People are reading too much into it.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 02:25:02

At 3/25/05 02:21 AM, Regis_Cartoons wrote:
Anw, I don't want to see his flash on a Front Page... Maybe it's a good way to increase traffic, but from now some pople will think about Newgrounds as a lair of sickos

Be honest. A lair of sickos is pretty fucking accurate if you look at the bbs and most of the submissions.

/cynicism, I've had a really cynicky day. Enough...

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 02:42:33

At 3/24/05 07:13 PM, WadeFulp wrote: After much debate we have decided to feature Jeff Weise's Flash entry, ...

Good for you guys! It's a fairly decent submission and if the shooting never happened,
nobody would even care. What about the Livecorpse tribute by Elfer? 178122.
You talk about wrong. Nobody seemed to care about that though. Why? Just because it
wasn't in a school? At what point do those hipocrits decide whose life has value?
I am proud to say that I have saved Regret's submissions and added them to my collection.
Tragic as it is, it is a true expression of self, and I respect that. All those who ridicule this
submission are you truly outraged because you believe the submission is wrong, or because
society expects you to feel that way? Look at some of the other submissions you have
evaluated. Can you really expect to hide from your hipocracy?

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 02:58:08

I think there both wrong, but thats just me.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 03:00:49

we can all agree that this was an awful thing, no question there.
but really, nothing is different about NG now. this site, nor any other flash animation site would be nothing without violent flashes. people dont make them because they are pre-meditating murders, or shootings, they make them because its something they CANT do in real life. in this case tho, he did do it. but this is ONE time. and judging by how shocked everyone is, people are more alert now. the media will die down after a while, and nothing is gonna happen to NG. in order for them to be sued they get a cease and desist order first, so they would just take it off the site. as far as shocking for me, yeah it is. i came on about 15 minutes ago and when i read what it was, i was absolutely speechless.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 03:03:10

ya i live around where he did that, pittsburgh, right?

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 03:07:24

jesus... i just saw that flash for the first time and damn... who could have known. one thing i would like to note: all this talk of who's fault this is, its completley useless. just be glad that you have a better life than he and mabey, talk to that one outcast person in your life.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 03:08:31

good idea

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 03:10:59

My life is worse than his but oh well :)

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 03:11:59

ya OK fuckhead

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 03:15:53

not just that, but people should be more aware of someones depression and such. what kind of people would make fun of a kid whos dad comitted suicide and whos mom is in the hospital anyway? just shows what people are coming to nowadays..
if anything, more people will be protesting GTA and violent flashes/drawings.. merciless gun control protests, security will be stepped up everywhere. my guess is we're all screwed, so if you want to make a fun flash with killing, be prepared to get arrested and questioned.

...there goes one of my flashes...

another good point brought up there^ would be, just be happy with what you got, because its more than many other people have. enjoy your life because really, its the most fragile and valuable thing you have.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 03:19:38

it's all for media. Wow numma numma now this. Gonna check it out later.

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 03:22:08

At 3/25/05 03:11 AM, Dorde_Ultima wrote: ya OK fuckhead

What a ignorant little post. I guess that just boosted your self confidence 3 fold.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 03:23:04

The animation it self wasn't bad, black and white and pretty violent, but that was like a year ago i guess it built up , and he couldn't control it anymore. I feel it's pointless to review a dead person's movie.

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 03:24:22

I wonder if people will see Madness Depredation and get a little worried after this. . . .

Just thought I would point that out because they are both front page.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 03:42:34

That flash is rather disturbing in retrospect. But of course, there are literally thousands of flashes on NG that are that violent, and how many other NG users have shot up their school? I mean really, I wouldn't be all that worried about a backlash towards NG, I'm more worried if NG can handle the increased traffic.

UNITE THE CLANS | space cheese | RG podcasts | also cocks

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 03:45:20

At 3/25/05 03:42 AM, Captain_Bob wrote: That flash is rather disturbing in retrospect. But of course, there are literally thousands of flashes on NG that are that violent, and how many other NG users have shot up their school? I mean really, I wouldn't be all that worried about a backlash towards NG, I'm more worried if NG can handle the increased traffic.

Several of the servers were shutting off because of the insanity earlier today

... LOL WOW this signature is ancient.

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 03:49:33

Newgrounds harboring violent youth?

At 3/24/05 08:00 PM, DarkArchon wrote:
NG didnt do anything. The Media isnt saying that NG did, the users arent saying that, The Fulps arent saying that, The only people that are, are dumb fucks that stop in here to post their two cents.

So they’re dumb fucks because their opinions are different from yours. What a coincidence. NG just happened to be the hang out of 2 guys with violent animations who just happened to shoot some people-9 fatally- & then kill themselves. You could say, “that’s a relatively small number. Most NG viewers are perfectly healthy & can distinguish fantasy from reality.” Well, have you even read the reviews for Jeff Weise’s submissions? A LOT of them are so shocking & sick. Too many people think he is cool for what he did & that the only tragedy is that he’s not around to make any more “kick ass animations.” Something’s wrong here.

Maybe his life was hard & that’s unfortunate, but a lot of people have it bad. & that doesn’t give anyone the right to destroy the lives of others as well as their community just because they aren’t happy for 15 minutes. In the age of liberal scum maybe it can be said that you do posses the right to destroy your own life-but how will that affect those who care for you?

The real victim here is not Jeff Weise--it's his grandparents & the teacher & security guard he MURDERED along with the kids that he was trying to protect.

& people think it’s great!!

Take for instance this little boy…

At 3/24/05 08:55 PM, bazzam wrote: Please save me from the flames

If the shootings where not random then the people got what they deserve. If it was random no one has the right to blame Jeff.

People should be blaming the Kids that picked on him and his abusive mother. they are the people responsible for this.

I fully understand what he went threw and im glad im out of the hell called school. I even had my own school shooting fantasies.

I wish i knew him maybe we could have been friends.

If i offended someone sorry about it.

Lots of people get picked on for a plethora of stupid reasons in highschool. Being too quiet, being too loud, being fat, being ugly, being stricken with bad acne, being sexually active, being a country bumpkin, being goth, being geeky, being poor... you get the point. The difference between the large number of people that get picked on & Jeff Weise is that he was insane, nutso, CRAZY, COMPLETELY FUCKING BONKERS!!

Even I got picked on but did I hurt anyone physically, let alone KILL THEM? Absolutely not.

Jeff Weise is a monster & so are you.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 04:02:12

At 3/25/05 03:42 AM, Captain_Bob wrote: That flash is rather disturbing in retrospect. But of course, there are literally thousands of flashes on NG that are that violent, and how many other NG users have shot up their school? I mean really, I wouldn't be all that worried about a backlash towards NG, I'm more worried if NG can handle the increased traffic.

It seems like having more traffic is good for NG, but at what price? Since we are promoting something very bad to watch.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 04:06:45

At 3/25/05 04:02 AM, someone_else wrote: It seems like having more traffic is good for NG, but at what price? Since we are promoting something very bad to watch.

Lets take Madness Interactive off the front page, too. It's just as bad. Also, we should delete Club-A-Seal altogether. I mean, people actually DO THAT!

Listen to yourselves.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 04:10:05

At 3/25/05 04:06 AM, Maus wrote: Lets take Madness Interactive off the front page, too. It's just as bad. Also, we should delete Club-A-Seal altogether. I mean, people actually DO THAT!

Listen to yourselves.

LIKE OMG BLAM PICO

UNITE THE CLANS | space cheese | RG podcasts | also cocks

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 04:10:24

At 3/25/05 03:49 AM, social_misfit wrote: Newgrounds harboring violent youth?

At 3/24/05 08:00 PM, DarkArchon wrote:
NG didnt do anything. The Media isnt saying that NG did, the users arent saying that, The Fulps arent saying that, The only people that are, are dumb fucks that stop in here to post their two cents.
So they’re dumb fucks because their opinions are different from yours. What a coincidence. NG just happened to be the hang out of 2 guys with violent animations who just happened to shoot some people-9 fatally- & then kill themselves. You could say, “that’s a relatively small number. Most NG viewers are perfectly healthy & can distinguish fantasy from reality.” Well, have you even read the reviews for Jeff Weise’s submissions? A LOT of them are so shocking & sick. Too many people think he is cool for what he did & that the only tragedy is that he’s not around to make any more “kick ass animations.” Something’s wrong here.

Maybe his life was hard & that’s unfortunate, but a lot of people have it bad. & that doesn’t give anyone the right to destroy the lives of others as well as their community just because they aren’t happy for 15 minutes. In the age of liberal scum maybe it can be said that you do posses the right to destroy your own life-but how will that affect those who care for you?

The real victim here is not Jeff Weise--it's his grandparents & the teacher & security guard he MURDERED along with the kids that he was trying to protect.

& people think it’s great!!

Take for instance this little boy…

At 3/24/05 08:55 PM, bazzam wrote: Please save me from the flames

If the shootings where not random then the people got what they deserve. If it was random no one has the right to blame Jeff.

People should be blaming the Kids that picked on him and his abusive mother. they are the people responsible for this.

I fully understand what he went threw and im glad im out of the hell called school. I even had my own school shooting fantasies.

I wish i knew him maybe we could have been friends.

If i offended someone sorry about it.
Lots of people get picked on for a plethora of stupid reasons in highschool. Being too quiet, being too loud, being fat, being ugly, being stricken with bad acne, being sexually active, being a country bumpkin, being goth, being geeky, being poor... you get the point. The difference between the large number of people that get picked on & Jeff Weise is that he was insane, nutso, CRAZY, COMPLETELY FUCKING BONKERS!!

Even I got picked on but did I hurt anyone physically, let alone KILL THEM? Absolutely not.

Jeff Weise is a monster & so are you.

I don't think that you know how to read but i said "Please save me from the flames".
Also please read my WHOLE post before you judge me. I did alot of research of Jeff Weise. If your going to blame someone why not blame the people that influence his rage? I sorry that everyone is'nt as perfect as you. and some people just can't take it for long before they snap. So you people need to think before you say BS like "OH THAT FAG KILLED ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT SOB!!!!" It's mostly people like that, that cause that kind of stuff to happen. But thinking is'nt really humanity's strong point.

You are the true monster.

And I find it funny that you called me a little boy with me being only a year younger than you.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 04:15:55

At 3/25/05 04:10 AM, Captain_Bob wrote:
At 3/25/05 04:06 AM, Maus wrote: Lets take Madness Interactive off the front page, too. It's just as bad. Also, we should delete Club-A-Seal altogether. I mean, people actually DO THAT!

Listen to yourselves.
LIKE OMG BLAM PICO

don't forget bunnykill 1 and 2

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 04:18:23

let me just say this:

social_misfit, i like the way you think. you make a very good point in that it was his own weakness that should be blamed, not the others' cruelty (if that was, in fact, your point) . Not to disrespect the dead, but if he should do what i did and just LET IT GO! I used to get teased to the point of wanting to slit someone's throat in the middle of class too, even now sometimes i still get teased in school. What i do is just laugh and pretend to go along with it, and when i get home, i PRETEND to be the shit out of whoever did so. Emphasis on PRETEND! find a better way to relieve your anger, whether it be on a punching bag or in a shooting range, whatever floats your boat. Believe me, it always makes you feel better afterwards. I, personally, choose a punching bag. Oh, and if you want, if it makes you feel better, yell at the punching bag.
Yes, you read it right, yell at the punching bag as if it were whoever you are angry at.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 04:20:09

At 3/25/05 02:21 AM, Idanbd wrote: Man i think you sould blam that thing

If you had read the thread, or the FAQ you'd know by now that once a flash passes judgement, it can't be blammed.

we don't want other people to get ideas from it, especially when its getting them "attention"

Seriously, are you even thinking? People think about this kind of stuff on occasion, I do, don't you? Haven't you ever had the though of killing someone? I'm sure everyone has at some point in life. The only difference is that Jeff took action when he should've been looking for help. And depression pills don't always help, but harm the person[depending on their body chemistry]in by making them more depressed. Taking it off the site would be foolish. It would cause even MORE strain on the server because people would be looking for it.

I honestly don't see why people are making a big deal over his flash. I mean there is tons and tons of these kinds of flashes on NG, like Roof Tilling, that was pretty meased up from a stand point. And Jeremy Lokeans latest flash too is pretty wierd from a stand point too. I'm tried of people lumping guys like Jeff into the crazy catagory. No one really knows what went on in his life for sure. No one knows what went on inside his house. For all we know, he could've been abused for most of his life.[and yes, his mother did mistreat him]So quit lumping these guys in with people like Hitler, Stalin, Sadam, Bin Laden, and other mass murderurs.

Someone else pointed out that this is a situation is being blow out of porportion. Terrorist attacks, suicide bombers, natural desasters taking tons and tons of lifes. Is it because this kid was looked uppon as different or something, the reason why this thing has gotten as big as it has? I mean sure it demands attention and looking into, to prevent this kind of stuff from happening in the future, thus why Wade has put his flash on the front page. And like Jeff said in a comment of his, flash like his are a sort of relife for some people, ones who are shuned and mistreated, looked down upon and made fun of untill the breaking point.

I guess what I'm trying to say overall is that this kind of stuff will happen again more than likely. Wade is doing the smart move by putting less stress on the server by making it[Jeffs flash]front page that way other people can view it. Who knows, doctors, phycologists, and whatnots are going to be looking at his flash and try to get a general idea of his mind, how kids like think, to try and keep this from happening. Deleting his flash is like getting rid of a artifact, an artifact that may prove usefull in helping out kids like Jeff. All we can hope is that stuff like this happens less frequent than every so number of years.

I'm sure I've made spelling errors, sorry.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 04:32:29

Putting it on the front page without much motivation why comes across as slightly ghoulish, really, especially because it's so high up on the page. I would never say "remove it from the site" or something, but I think it might be good towards the inevitable media attention, not to mention the families of those who died in Weise's shooting, that you'd make it clearer on the page WHY you put it up there, and that it has nothing to do with trying to cash in on the attention.

Funny enough, short-sighted adults will take this as cue to prove that EVERYBODY who makes these flashes is a potential hazard, even though 99.9% of them didn't shoot anyone.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 04:35:13

Just to clear this up,

I don't think it was right that Jeff killed all those people. but Jeff is a victim too. He had a severe mental illness, which is beyond his control. He even had consulting and was on anti-depressants. I wish people wouldn't damn his soul over somthing they don't understand clearly. I dont think it is right for anyone to take someone else's like, but MOST of them brought it on themself. (This saying that the shooting was not random)

A little peace, love and understanding can save the world.

Also please don't flame me.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 04:38:58

At 3/25/05 04:32 AM, FatSatan wrote: Putting it on the front page without much motivation why comes across as slightly ghoulish, really, especially because it's so high up on the page. I would never say "remove it from the site" WHY you put it up there, and that it has nothing to do with trying to cash in on the attention.

Read the first post.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 04:41:24

At 3/25/05 04:35 AM, bazzam wrote: Just to clear this up,

I don't think it was right that Jeff killed all those people. but Jeff is a victim too. He had a severe mental illness, which is beyond his control.

You know all of this how? Maybe he is just crazy and all that medical stuff was made up?

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 04:48:09

Who the fuck is Jeff Weise?