00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jeff Weise's Flash

65,593 Views | 616 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:13:24

After much debate we have decided to feature Jeff Weise's Flash entry, Target Practice on our front page. Now that the media is reporting Newgrounds.com as the site where Jeff posted his Flash entries we have had an increase in traffic. These visitors are heavily searching out Jeff's work so we have decided to make it easier for them to find. This will hopefully help alleviate the strain they are putting on our database server caused by their searches.

Jeff submitted these entries back in October of 2004. If you don't know who Jeff Weise is, pick up a US newspaper or check out this online article.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:15:58

Hmmm.. I understand your need to alleviate the strain on your servers, but doesn't this make it seem like you are trying to benefit from a tragedy? Don't get me wrong-- I know that's not your modus opperandi, but do outsiders? The media can spin things however they want, and I'd just be a bit worried at how they might spin this.

Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drum...

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:16:01

I just found this review, and this response by weise in the reviews....

oh the irony...

:\ October 2, 2004

Reviewed by: FoxyJ9 Overall Score: 5

Umm... ok. Was that like a warning message? Hmm dude you need help badly.

Regret's response:

Lol, you obviously can't tell the difference between Fantasy and reality. This cartoon was made for nothing more than Random violence, and believe it or not theres an audience out there that this appeals to. So don't try judging my Mental health based upon a simple animation, capisce?

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:17:33

I can't believe his flash still exist. He makes me sick. He killed his own grandparents. Next thing you know (if he is alive) he is going to kill his parents. Very sick.

At 3/24/05 07:13 PM, WadeFulp wrote: After much debate we have decided to feature Jeff Weise's Flash entry, Target Practice on our front page. Now that the media is reporting Newgrounds.com as the site where Jeff posted his Flash entries we have had an increase in traffic. These visitors are heavily searching out Jeff's work so we have decided to make it easier for them to find. This will hopefully help alleviate the strain they are putting on our database server caused by their searches.

Jeff submitted these entries back in October of 2004. If you don't know who Jeff Weise is, pick up a US newspaper or check out this online article.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:17:33

That cartoon is creepy.
I saw the halloween one he did aswell.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:17:40

At 3/24/05 07:16 PM, Toocool100 wrote: I just found this review, and this response by weise in the reviews....

oh the irony...

Yep, too ironic.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:17:55

Hmmm...I noticed. Figured it was put up just to get more traffic or something, though. I was wrong there. I find this foreshadowing so freaking errie...

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:18:16

This isn't that bad of an idea. I mean like Numa Numa or the oklahoma city bombing game, might as well bring out the flash so it's easier for people to see.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:18:23

wow another underdog.

I don't like that game

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:18:28

He was some talent. Too much he wasted them.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:19:31

At 3/24/05 07:17 PM, bakaman93 wrote: I can't believe his flash still exist. He makes me sick. He killed his own grandparents. Next thing you know (if he is alive) he is going to kill his parents. Very sick.

He killed himself, watch the news more.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:19:35

I know. This is like the next Numa Numa but with a crazy kid (not dancing) killing alot of people.

At 3/24/05 07:18 PM, Sir_Snark wrote: This isn't that bad of an idea. I mean like Numa Numa or the oklahoma city bombing game, might as well bring out the flash so it's easier for people to see.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:19:49

At 3/24/05 07:16 PM, Toocool100 wrote: I just found this review, and this response by weise in the reviews....

oh the irony...

I looked back and saw that also. I was wondering if anyone had looked back for author replies.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:21:27

At 3/24/05 07:15 PM, -Gooch- wrote: So you're doing the same thing with Jeff's flash as you did with Josh's "Oklahoma City Escapades"? Sounds like a good idea for those who want to view the flash in question.

Well, people want to see this stuff, so we might as well make it easier for them to find. Maybe it will help people understand more about people like Jeff and help prevent things like this from happening. Although I think that's wishful thinking. Just because someone makes a Flash entry like Jeff did doesn't mean they are going to carry out a violent act in real life.

Should we be afraid that Arnold is going to kill us all after watching how he portrays himself in his Terminator movies?

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:21:55

I know. I said that if he was alive.

At 3/24/05 07:19 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 3/24/05 07:17 PM, bakaman93 wrote: I can't believe his flash still exist. He makes me sick. He killed his own grandparents. Next thing you know (if he is alive) he is going to kill his parents. Very sick.
He killed himself, watch the news more.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:22:14

At 3/24/05 07:16 PM, Toocool100 wrote: Umm... ok. Was that like a warning message? Hmm dude you need help badly.

Yeah, pretty creepy, but the media has beaten you to this. That review is already in the papers.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:22:16

While NG has had people in the past try to shut down some of the sites content, they will try to nit pick the rest of this website including other content. I have a feeling that more new repeat vistors will use other content to justify internet censorship.
Soon the Media networks will come and pidgenhole this website as a site that fosters teenagers to emulate Weise's behavior.

This is not true. But when they look at all the other violent content, they will use this as a political stanz to futher their personal adgendas.

I think NG needs to contact the Electronic Frontier Foundation before the Media turns this site into their own personal freak show.

We are NOT pawns for the Media to manipulate interet content for political purposes!

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:22:30

Does the actions of Jeff counter back at Newgrounds, is the government able to shutdown Newgrounds because its promoting acts of violence in there flash animations.

I know this is a kind of stupid thought because people make movie as such, but to not have a rateing on the website or an payed membership for people 18 and over might inflict on Newgrounds in the time to come.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:22:33

At 3/24/05 07:21 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
Should we be afraid that Arnold is going to kill us all after watching how he portrays himself in his Terminator movies?

Yes.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:23:35

At 3/24/05 07:16 PM, Toocool100 wrote: oh the irony...

Well, a lot can happen in a year. That entry feels almost like literary foreshadowing. Really creepy how similar the flash is to what he supposedly did.

I think he was a messed up kid, but I don't think it was the result of this site. He put his content here, so what? Newgrounds has a lot of things on it that are innappropriate for the youngin's, so they aren't allowed on the site without parental consent (under 13). This site simply showcases things other people make, and aren't all scared of what people will think about it. I think that should be commended, instead of feared and hated.

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:24:01

At 3/24/05 07:16 PM, Toocool100 wrote: October 2, 2004

Reviewed by: FoxyJ9 Overall Score: 5

Umm... ok. Was that like a warning message? Hmm dude you need help badly.

Regret's response:

Lol, you obviously can't tell the difference between Fantasy and reality. This cartoon was made for nothing more than Random violence, and believe it or not theres an audience out there that this appeals to. So don't try judging my Mental health based upon a simple animation, capisce?

Fascinating... was he in denial or something?
I have respect for that FoxyJ9 person, they could see that this flash was a warning sign.

One thing though, this flash shouldn't be on the front page in respect to the victims of the shootings. Maybe you could have a link to it in this news post or you could have a text link but don't include it with the other fine submissions being showcased. It seems exploitative and like your trying to get more views for the site by putting up something relating to a media event. I don't know, just out of respect, it should have a text link or be seperate from the other flashes somehow....

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:25:21

Nice to see you made a desicion and are sticking with it, Wade. :) Eugh..I might skip going to NG for a few days until this is over and done with :( too scary for my tastes.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:25:58

yopu just know picos school will get some mention...

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:26:43

I made a topic that got banned, wade don't have AH, NUMA NUMA, and Jeffs flash all on the front page at the same time just to get media attention, make sure your doing it to show that NG and nothing to do with it.

I just don't want you guys to get banned or something

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:27:25

I never felt the need to watch that movie until you made this post and thats pretty creepy.. But thousands of people make flashes like that and only future can tell who and which people will actually go out and do it.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:29:15

Why the hell would you put an animation by the freaking gun man that killed 10 people! Dammit Wade!

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:29:48

I just reviewed them, and they are very frightening and messed up to say the least. I can understand though, as he lived a depressing life. But I am glad I live in central Minnesota and not up there.

God that would be freaky...*shivers*

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:31:09

Oh shit I just read the whole thing he took prozac. Shit I take prozac. But it is only small douces but still dammit!

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:34:06

I am afraid that the media will use us as a scapegoat. The media could burn us to the ground, ruin your guy's careers. They might try to say that we promoted these actitivities. I say we blam the submittion, Its bad enough that the flash was almost idenitcal events. The media will use us, we need to try to stop them.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-24 19:34:06

At 3/24/05 07:15 PM, -Gooch- wrote: So you're doing the same thing with Jeff's flash as you did with Josh's "Oklahoma City Escapades"? Sounds like a good idea for those who want to view the flash in question.

Who want to view the flash and to leave abusive reviews.
Speaking of that can we still still flag to reviews or not.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature