00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club

613,421 Views | 12,046 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2017-11-09 13:01:36


At 11/9/17 12:48 AM, 1DarkVoid wrote: Anyone into the Pokémon TCG? I never really got in the competitive side since the Diamond and Pearl era, but instead started collecting after returning while taking on a lighter side of collecting rather than competitive play nowadays.

The Sun and Moon sets are quite difficult with the pull rates than X and Y...

Have not been able to purchase cards in awhile but during the short period I was playing the TCG instead of collecting, I had a real fun time playing.


Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2017-11-15 17:45:19


At 11/9/17 12:48 AM, 1DarkVoid wrote: Anyone into the Pokémon TCG? I never really got in the competitive side since the Diamond and Pearl era, but instead started collecting after returning while taking on a lighter side of collecting rather than competitive play nowadays.

The Sun and Moon sets are quite difficult with the pull rates than X and Y...

I never really got into actually PLAYING the TCG. Some 15 years ago my friends and I were big into collecting and trading, but I think myself and maybe one other person I knew at the time actually understood how the game worked. I think I still have those cards somewhere though.


Sometimes the best solution is, simply, a swift kick in the ass.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2018-11-01 03:39:51


At 9/21/18 06:54 AM, RightTime wrote: So Ryan Reynolds is voicing detective Pikachu. It will be weird to hear Pikachu with an actual voice.

I might watch it just for Ryan Reynolds alone


Steam || SESHing || You like laundry detergent?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2018-12-22 21:05:47


Starting this back up since there's no reason why should this be dead


Has anyone been curious about the Gen 4 maps before?

It's hard to believe everything in made in 3D, Ethan's model here looks good enough to be in a 3DS game or something!


iu_379_4724625.jpg


Beginner's Guide to NG | Art Thread | NG Themes | someone make me a sig pls

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2018-12-28 23:28:54


At 12/22/18 09:05 PM, solitonmedic wrote:
Starting this back up since there's no reason why should this be dead
Has anyone been curious about the Gen 4 maps before?
It's hard to believe everything in made in 3D, Ethan's model here looks good enough to be in a 3DS game or something!


I've never looked at any of the maps broken down like this before. Personally my favorite mapping is either X/Y or Alpha Sapphire/ Omega Ruby though. I think they the engine used for that generation was done the best.


Sometimes the best solution is, simply, a swift kick in the ass.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2018-12-29 00:46:46


At 12/28/18 11:28 PM, Gamewiz wrote:
At 12/22/18 09:05 PM, solitonmedic wrote:
Starting this back up since there's no reason why should this be dead
Has anyone been curious about the Gen 4 maps before?
It's hard to believe everything in made in 3D, Ethan's model here looks good enough to be in a 3DS game or something!
I've never looked at any of the maps broken down like this before. Personally my favorite mapping is either X/Y or Alpha Sapphire/ Omega Ruby though. I think they the engine used for that generation was done the best.


It does take advantage of the 3DS' abilities, but I really don't like how pale the colors are on some of the Pokémon and Trainers though. I know it's meant to resemble the official Sugimori art but still...


Beginner's Guide to NG | Art Thread | NG Themes | someone make me a sig pls

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2019-05-07 19:10:13


It's been ages, but anyway. What's everyone's thoughts on Pokémon Sword and Shield so far? I really love Grookey and Sobble personally


Steam || SESHing || You like laundry detergent?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2019-05-09 08:18:54


At 5/7/19 07:10 PM, Void wrote: It's been ages, but anyway. What's everyone's thoughts on Pokémon Sword and Shield so far? I really love Grookey and Sobble personally


Sword and Shield looks great, the new Starters look good and I am hoping Scorbunny will be a Fire / Electric or Fire / Steel possibly.


Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

So one million players have beaten Zeraora in Max Raid... specially, over 1,400,000 so far. So if you haven't beaten Zeraora in Max Raid yet, now is a good time to do so as now it's guaranteed that everyone that participates will get that Shiny Zeraora. The only thing I'm confused on is something they never clarified on for Max Raid battles: do you actually need to team up with three other players for the Zeraora counter to register your defeat of it or does it also count the times you beat it when you're not with other players? I did the latter but not the former.


For those struggling to beat it, I suggest using a Rhydon or Rhyperoir with the Lightning Rod ability, that's what I've been using.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2020-06-24 13:34:46


At 6/24/20 08:22 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: The only thing I'm confused on is something they never clarified on for Max Raid battles: do you actually need to team up with three other players for the Zeraora counter to register your defeat of it or does it also count the times you beat it when you're not with other players? I did the latter but not the former.


You have to transfer something to or from Home during the event, and the only reason I can think that's a requirement is so that your game is forced to connect with the server so it can check if you've done one of the battles, even if offline.


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2020-06-24 13:36:19


At 6/24/20 01:34 PM, Absurd-Ditties wrote:
At 6/24/20 08:22 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: The only thing I'm confused on is something they never clarified on for Max Raid battles: do you actually need to team up with three other players for the Zeraora counter to register your defeat of it or does it also count the times you beat it when you're not with other players? I did the latter but not the former.
You have to transfer something to or from Home during the event, and the only reason I can think that's a requirement is so that your game is forced to connect with the server so it can check if you've done one of the battles, even if offline.

Well already did that before I posted, so...

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2020-06-26 13:35:18


I only started playing again recently, ran through Shield over the last few weeks. Got the Shiny Charm a few days ago and it's already paid off, because while breeding for a G-Max Venusaur today this guy popped up.


I'll need two bottle caps to max him out, but he's got 4 perfect IVs, a Modest nature and Chlorophyll so I'm pretty fucking pleased with him.


iu_136378_1212002.jpg


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2020-06-30 10:22:09


And got Shiny Zeraora now. I was lucky enough that it has my favored characteristic, which is high HP. It was probably stated somewhere that the Shiny Zeraora would be at level 100 but I didn't catch that as i was too focused on getting the criteria for receiving it. That's a bit of a shame as I love the experience of exploring the world with your Pokemon and gathering experience to level up. At least I haven't leveled up my regular Zeraora yet.


Speaking of that regular Zeraora, one of the reasons why I transferred it besides the fact it's obviously compatible due to the Zeraora event was because it is one of the many Pokemon I have that has the Pokerus that I've been cultivating in boxes ever since I obtained the virus in Heartgold. I can confirm that the virus remains active if you transfer a Pokemon with an active strain of it to HOME.


Heck, the Zeraora event was the reason why I just got HOME recently. Was holding off because of the price tag for having it for a year and I like to have my money priorities straight. Speaking of HOME I do want that original color Magearna, but pretty much the only Pokemon that puts a monkey wrench into the works is Meltan/Melmetal as I don't want to get Pokemon GO (or Let's GO as Let's GO allows you to get a better Meltan than just what Pokemon GO gets you). Hoping for a distribution or something in the future to remedy that, much like how G-Max Pikachu/Eevee became available as Max Raid Bosses and then became permanently available in the Isle of Armor thanks to Max Soup. Who knows, maybe they're saving those two for the Crown Tundra.


And since I mentioned distributions, what I don't like about the new way is thanks to immediately getting the gift, you can't soft reset or something to get the nature or characteristic you want, which is what I did previously before this.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2020-07-01 17:56:52


The Restricted Sparring on the Isle of Armor is fantastic. Was disappointed by how easy Battle Tower was this gen, I blitzed the whole thing in one afternoon with a half-arsed Sandstorm team, but this feels like a real challenge. I beat it with Poison types today (Venusaur, Tentacruel and Drapion) and came extremely close to wiping to a Mantine with Hurricane who confused my whole team.


Going to try Dark next since I have Drapion and a Tyranitar good to go already,.just need a third.


At 6/30/20 10:22 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: And since I mentioned distributions, what I don't like about the new way is thanks to immediately getting the gift, you can't soft reset or something to get the nature or characteristic you want, which is what I did previously before this.


I mean with Mints it's basically irrelevant now anyway. The game absolutely drowns you in them so as long as you're saving them for legendaries and shinies and the like you can set them to whatever nature you want. Same with bottle caps and IVs, although guaranteeing all legendaries have at least 3 perfect IVs now is a nice touch.


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2020-07-01 22:04:31


At 7/1/20 05:56 PM, Absurd-Ditties wrote:
At 6/30/20 10:22 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: And since I mentioned distributions, what I don't like about the new way is thanks to immediately getting the gift, you can't soft reset or something to get the nature or characteristic you want, which is what I did previously before this.
I mean with Mints it's basically irrelevant now anyway. The game absolutely drowns you in them so as long as you're saving them for legendaries and shinies and the like you can set them to whatever nature you want. Same with bottle caps and IVs, although guaranteeing all legendaries have at least 3 perfect IVs now is a nice touch.


The mints are for natures, not characteristics. The characteristics is what I'm really after.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2020-07-02 16:16:36


Two more Restricted Sparring sets down, Water (Urshifu, Tentacruel, Gyarados) and Dark (Tyranitar, Drapion, Grimsnarl). Tentacruel has been the real MVP, put in way more work in both Poison and Water than I expected.


At 7/1/20 10:04 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: The mints are for natures, not characteristics. The characteristics is what I'm really after.


I didn't think characteristics did anything, they're just an indicator of IVs aren't they?


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Not sure how well this post will age as I'd be amazed if I was right on the money with some of these suggestions, but for the eventual Diamond/Pearl remakes what would you like to see done in it besides just a graphical update and features from the newer games?


For starters, the regional dex would likely be expanded as it's a trend lately to have a huge regional dex. if that were to happen would be no excuse to not have no new (or just a few) more fire types.


Since walking with Pokemon has made a return, would like to see that in the remakes... but being more interactive like in Heartgold/Soulsilver as you can only make the walking Pokemon acknowledge you when you speak to it in Sword/Shield.


Some cues from Platinum would be nice such as Looker, Charon, and having a variant of Platinum's take on the Spear Pillar/Distortion World event. Considering that Giratina nabbed Cyrus due to not being pleased with his attempt at destroying the old universe and replacing it with his own, Giratina probably wouldn't be happy about what Cyrus did in the original Diamond/Pearl either.


As for version legendaries, I can see them doing a HG/SS and having one be available before the other. As for the status of the other one, would probably be part of a post-game episode much like ORAS Delta Episode. Maybe Cyrus making good on his threat of one day returning or something, such as having the version legendary you didn't catch.


Would like to see Arceus actually be plot-important or at least have more of a role. Maybe if Cyrus does make his return the post-game, whatever trouble he stirs up would be bad enough that a royally pissed-off Arceus shows up to dish out some Judgement. After that confrontation, the location of Arceus' temple is found which would be either around Spear Pillar or the Solacean Ruins due to the connection to the Unown established at the Ruins of Alph/Sinjoh Ruins. There not only would you be able to catch Arceus, but you can also have Arceus make a new Dialga/Palkia/Giratina like in Sinjoh Ruins.


As it's been revealed that even legendaries can have regional variants, it's possible they could add some Sinnoh versions. Mewtwo actually could work, as this is the region with the connection to the creation to the universe and it would make sense that the creation legendaries (whichever one is responsible for making Mew) did more than one attempt at creating Mew, with this Sinnoh Mewtwo being the natural counterpart to the Kanto Mewtwo's lab origins. I can see it being sealed away for enjoying a good fight too much for its own good. As for its typing, maybe Psychic/Dragon or something to reflect its connection to the creation legendaries.


As for what ultimately happens with Cyrus, he'll actually be arrested by the international police once his Pokemon are confiscated from him (probably won't happen but would be funny if Cyrus' confiscated Pokemon were given to you to keep). Heck, before his defeat I can see him going to Team Galactic and outright admitting to them all that he has no use for them anymore now that he wields creation.


Would also like to see the champion title defense from Alola to make a return here, with Cynthia being a new rival of sorts due to seeing you as a worthy foe. Heck, maybe even Elite Four members can challenge you, using a different set of Pokemon than their Elite Four battles to keep you on your toes. As for who else could challenge you, besides Gym Leaders and Barry maybe Lucas/Dawn (likely after helping them out with something so that wouldn't come out entirely out of left field), Cheryl, Mira, Riley, Marley (who I can see having a Gothitelle), Buck, and the Team Galactic Commanders should they genuinely turn over a new leaf (with some more varied teams to reflect that change). Heck, maybe a male and female Galactic Grunt as challengers because why not.


A Sinnoh wild area. Don't know how they'd introduce that but maybe a result of something Cyrus did, dunno.


And of course, would want the Battle Frontier from Platinum to return.