00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

9014793814 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Improving the Review System

1,020 Views | 12 Replies

Improving the Review System 2005-03-17 08:02:15

I think it would be kind of cool if the reviews were sorted by constructiveness somehow.
Mabye it could be the number of experience points the reviewer submitting them has, or the number of blam/protects, or better yet, the number of responses from the author their reviews have recieved. That way, the more constructive reviews that the authors want to read would usually be at the top, and the generic "This rox please make more" or "This sux I hate u" reviews would get sorted to the bottom, because they don't really have much of a point.
Not only that, but it would inspire the flash authors to respond to reviews and be active with the community feedback and whatnot, while also inspiring reviewers to be constructive so they get more feedback and get their reviews bumped higher on the list!
What do you guys think?

Response to Improving the Review System 2005-03-17 08:41:38

sounds like a good idea. maybe as a sorting option so the user can switch between that and normal chronological order.

Response to Improving the Review System 2005-03-17 08:45:58

Have you submitted this idea to the Ideas for the Newgrounds revoloution thread in WI/HT yet? I think they might like it.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to Improving the Review System 2005-03-17 08:50:26

At 3/17/05 08:45 AM, boloneyman wrote: Have you submitted this idea to the Ideas for the Newgrounds revoloution thread in WI/HT yet? I think they might like it.

Link:
Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Improving the Review System 2005-03-17 08:54:12

You know what would be better ? If we could sort them on how helpful they were. Like, you know, if a review was 15/0 in terms of being marked helpful then, zing, it goes to the top. But if like, it was marked 0/23 or whatever, it would go to the bottom.

Awesome stuff like that.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to Improving the Review System 2005-03-17 09:09:06

At 3/17/05 08:54 AM, Tremour wrote: if a review was 15/0 in terms

That number doesn't exist! :o

Anyway. I think the author should be able to choose Helpful/Not Helpful, but it wouldn't just count as a normal vote. Rather, it's kept in the reviewer's profile somewhere. That way, their reviews would be more highly acclaimed.

Although, I can see the potential problem with abuse there.
Ho hum.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Improving the Review System 2005-03-17 09:31:50

well the reviews are only meant to be for the author but i like to read them too. But i hate those idiots who put the most unthoughtful scores, like there was a 0 overall score for There She Is Step 2. Come on, not even 1 for the animation???? What an idiot!

Response to Improving the Review System 2005-03-17 10:20:05

Saying which review is more constructive might be a little diffecult, but on how helpfull they were is a very good idea. I do agree that some people think too black and white about reviewing and rating. I mean 10 10 10 10 10 10 10, like it is the perfect submission, and 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 for very good movies.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Improving the Review System 2005-03-17 10:34:31

Bump

Response to Improving the Review System 2005-03-17 10:41:57

At 3/17/05 09:09 AM, Zerok wrote: That number doesn't exist! :o

Oh Zerok, must you always push my buttons ? No innuendo included, by the way.

For Zerok's sake, read 15/0 as 15/15.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to Improving the Review System 2005-03-17 10:57:36

What about moderators go about reviews every now and then, marking how good they are, therefore putting the "Best" review for the movie/game in context as priority in viewing?

In other words, Reviews are arranged (Ranked by Mods only) by how good they are by default? By date and by Score would be extra?

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Improving the Review System 2005-03-17 11:00:00

That's great for finding whistle points a lot esier.

Response to Improving the Review System 2005-03-17 15:58:24

That's a good idea- having the moderators go over the reviews might be a good way to do it. After all, some movies get so many reviews the authors don't have the time to wade through them all. Add to that the fact that a few authors don't speak english...
I say either moderator votes, helpful/unhelpful ratings, or...
How about a new button next to the helpful/unhelpful/abusive buttons that would show up for users above a certain level to allow them to mark a review as constructive?
Most low level users wouldn't care about whether or not a review is constructive anyway, so they wouldn't feel too left out. Besides, if they did, it would just provide them with another incentive to keep racking up their Grounds Gold points by visiting NG!
Users, authors, and Newgrounds itself- It's win-win-win! C'mon Tom, whaddaya say?