00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Spam in Portal Entries

13,926 Views | 119 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:19:22

Be sure to read my post below if you were planning to attend the IGF show in San Francisco that Tom was attending! It is NOT free and open to the public like he originally thought!

We have recently had some people spamming links to websites, other than their own personal website, in the comments for their portal entries and also in their reponses to their entry's reviews. I won't mention the website, but it stars with Cyber. Anyone submitting content to the Portal in an effort to promote these types of sites will have their accounts terminated on the spot.

We are not telling our Flash artists to stop promoting their own personal websites, or websites that feature their work. We are concerned with people spamming links to specific sites that are rewarding them for traffic and sign ups.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:20:42

lol @ the bad guys.

BBS Signature

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:21:23

i dont really understand?
you still allowed to promote your own site right?

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:21:29

At 3/9/05 08:19 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Be sure to read my post below if you were planning to attend the IGF show in San Francisco that Tom was attending! It is NOT free and open to the public like he originally thought!

*Sigh* Tom lieing to us again....shamefull

We have recently had some people spamming links to websites in the comments

Bastards, they really need to read the rules... lol

BBS Signature

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:22:56

At 3/9/05 08:21 PM, XXXMATTXXX wrote: i dont really understand?

it's like goatse, but a new version!

BBS Signature

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:23:30

At 3/9/05 08:22 PM, -stem- wrote:
At 3/9/05 08:21 PM, XXXMATTXXX wrote: i dont really understand?

whats the actual site now im curious.......im one sick bastard

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:25:02

At 3/9/05 08:23 PM, XXXMATTXXX wrote:

view random poral entires under judgement, one is bound to pop up.

BBS Signature

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:25:19

Thank you, Wade.

So, so SO much!

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:27:00

and who can stand spammers? Be done with them all. As for having to pay for this event, i'm not concerned at all, i'm in Canadawhat's there to do here o_o

¤´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤[Rooby.22's Tunes]

BBS Signature

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:27:28

omg that is so bad

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:27:39

At 3/9/05 08:25 PM, -stem- wrote:

i checked the obituaries,that things stupid i was like the 9th person to sign up back whe it first came out......what do you mean it just like goatse lol?

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:27:41

cyberwars perhaps? Have you looked at the IP adresses, you will be surprised it is all one person :-D

Up for a game of Halo 2 saturday Wade, its my birthday!

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:28:33

At 3/9/05 08:19 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Anyone submitting content to the Portal in an effort to promote these types of sites will have their accounts terminated on the spot.

i real dont get cybering.Text sex is all it is.No fun anyway.Ya Wade...we have some really sick and stupid people on the internet....and theres alot of them!

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:28:41

Yea I noticed these unfortunatly. Glad somethign being doen about it.

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:32:46

Here's one for you...
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=239467
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/223082

There's a relevant thread in the Mods Fun Fun Hot Secks Zone.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:33:39

At 3/9/05 08:25 PM, -stem- wrote:

i checked the obituaries,that things stupid i was like the 9th person to sign up back whe it first came out......what do you mean it just like goatse lol?

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:34:21

the acadamy is the master of spam movies they should be terminated(just a thought

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:34:43

You can by all means promote your own website. We just don't want people spamming links to other websites because they are being paid to do it or benefit in some way. You should be linking to your personal website.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:37:21

Can we still post a link to our own site in the Author's Comments thing though? Like "For a larger version that is higher quality, go here" or something, right?

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:38:35

we can still promote are sites right

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:41:20

Fuck! I really wanted to see Tom! I live right by San Fransisco too.
Was planning to see him tommorow.

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:42:23

lol yeah i remember who was doing all that spaming

BBS Signature

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:49:31

At 3/9/05 08:37 PM, KupaMan wrote: Can we still post a link to our own site in the Author's Comments thing though? Like "For a larger version that is higher quality, go here" or something, right?

Of course. I've tried to make this point more clear in my post. It still amazes me that no matter what we say, people can't get it. I never said Flash artists can't promote their websites in their comments. We are talking about people spamming links to other sites. Like if you submit some crap entry just so you can post "GO TO GOLDENPALACE.COM!!!" or in this case "CYBER-SPACE.COM" or whatever. This person, or persons, are simply using Newgrounds to spam links to a website for financial gain.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:50:30

At 3/9/05 08:37 PM, KupaMan wrote: Can we still post a link to our own site in the Author's Comments thing though? Like "For a larger version that is higher quality, go here" or something, right?

If it's your own flash and you are giving your summery or whatever, it is completely fine to promote your own site. but you are not allowed to give any kind of url in a reveiw of someone elses's flash.

and by the way. i didn't know that there was another site that is being used to spam just one sick pcture like gotse and tubgirl do. what is this site called. mabye we get a petition going to stop the site before it used for further spamming.

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:54:18

"GO TO GOLDENPALACE.COM!!!" or in this case "CYBER-SPACE.COM" or whatever. This person, or persons, are simply using Newgrounds to spam links to a website for financial gain.

cyber-space?

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:55:48

At 3/9/05 08:49 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

or in this case "CYBER-SPACE.COM"

*cyberwar

law suite?

At 3/9/05 08:50 PM, Meoman wrote:

why the FUCK would you post a link to goatse when you say they are spamming it. I hate you! arghhhh.

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 20:58:07

At 3/9/05 08:49 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Of course. I've tried to make this point more clear in my post. It still amazes me that no matter what we say, people can't get it. I never said Flash artists can't promote their websites in their comments. We are talking about people spamming links to other sites. Like if you submit some crap entry just so you can post "GO TO GOLDENPALACE.COM!!!" or in this case "CYBER-SPACE.COM" or whatever. This person, or persons, are simply using Newgrounds to spam links to a website for financial gain.

Sorry. There was that little 4 word combination I skimmed over up there. Okay. Thanks. And, you can't expect brilliance, Wade. Have you seen the BBS lately? Or ever? On a website where I'm considered to be on the smarter end, you can't expect anything more than "ROFL LOL OMFG IEM TEH FUKNEN HAX0RZ UV TEH N00BGR0UNDZ ROFLOL KTHXBAI"

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 21:06:32

Yah that is unfair. People who submit to show thier own websites are okay but for proming other websites like I not going to name any is just plain wrong. I don't do that cause newgrounds is my favourite website to go on.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 21:08:20

I'm glad wade is helping rid the portal of spam finally

Response to Spam in Portal Entries 2005-03-09 21:11:13

no offense but sometimes i think wade should b suckin dick with dem fags in san francisco so you should have gone instead of tom. lol i'm jus kiddin i know you have wife an a daughter an you're completely straight (i think). but any way.... it's a good thing that you're doin this cuz a lot of people r spammin with reviews on flashes especially hentai an their accounts should b review banned.......