00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mcd410 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Numa Numa Dance

52,588 Views | 246 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 10:42:49

At 2/18/05 10:27 AM, WadeFulp wrote:
Tom was the first person to showcase Gary's movie and give it a lot of exposure. If Tom never put it on the front page of Newgrounds who knows what would have happened with it. We'll never know for sure.

Yeah your right. Congrats on the child by the way

BBS Signature

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 11:27:39

Thanks to Gary for submitting his Numa Numa Dance video to Newgrounds.com! We can also thank Tom Fulp for discovering Gary's video and deciding to feature Numa Numa Dance on the front page and make Gary into an instant celebrity! :)

This is a great movie on Newgrounds. We never knew that this would turn into instant fame, but congratulations for becoming famous!

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 11:44:06

that's awsome wade maybe NG will get some news coverage one day

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 11:54:48

At 2/18/05 05:54 AM, Xeofox wrote: As usual, i see you are all very keen to somehow elevate the status of Newgrounds by using the recent publicity of a movie that has been featured here. Sigh...

Don't get me wrong - you've every right to publicise yourselves: it is your website, but do you really have to keep doing it month in and month out?

Sorry if I seem to lash out here, but what the hell is your problem with promoting websites? How the hell do you think websites get recognized? Yeah, NG has been around for a while but there's ALWAYS opportunities to gain more of an audience. Press is always good.

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 12:32:31

I loved numa numa It was hilarious.

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 12:33:04

At 2/17/05 11:23 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 2/17/05 11:09 PM, DrunkCat wrote: Numa apparntly the only one raking this "reward" of new thraffic[No matter how gradual the graph may make it seem]... Hm. Ah well, your site, you can set whatever image you want for it then. Good or bad, that was my two cents. ;) [By the way, I don't hate it; nothing specified really against it, I just like to point irony with some humour.]
Dude, seriously. Read your post. What are you basing your statements on? How do you know what kind of traffic the other entries are getting? Yes, Numa Numa is getting more views than any other single entry at the moment, but who's to say how many other entries are getting additional views as a result?

We watch the stats, we know for a fact that when one entry does very well it pulls everything else up with it. We've been monitoring this kind of thing for years. Are you going to sit there and tell me you know more than I do about our traffic patterns? :)

Why do you have to be so bitchy? Honestly, I just said what I said was my point of view, and the first part was basically reitterating what you said/showed to me[Which really didn't have anything to do with the point of my first post. Quite the opposite.]. I didn't add anything new other than the last part. I mean damn. Lighten up a bit. If you would've double posted that you would've tried to bitch at yourself. ;)

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 13:04:08

At 2/18/05 12:33 PM, DrunkCat wrote: Why do you have to be so bitchy? Honestly, I just said what I said was my point of view, and the first part was basically reitterating what you said/showed to me[Which really didn't have anything to do with the point of my first post. Quite the opposite.]. I didn't add anything new other than the last part. I mean damn. Lighten up a bit. If you would've double posted that you would've tried to bitch at yourself. ;)

Why do you have a habit of challenging whatever we say? It's not my problem that you make ridiculous statements. If you didn't make them I wouldn't be bitchy.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 13:05:17

At 2/17/05 04:22 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 2/17/05 04:14 PM, NotYouZ wrote: Didn't Tom already make a topic about this? >.>
Yeah, but it wasn't about Numa Numa on the Today Show. :) That's pretty big.

suppose so...but Diane Sawyer ( i think thats her) is a bitch.

n i hate her, her n Katie Couric (SP?)

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 13:07:50

numa numa is so fucking overrated, its not htat funny at all, it takes a lot to make me laugh just in case you dont know.

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 13:09:29

At 2/18/05 01:04 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 2/18/05 12:33 PM, DrunkCat wrote: I LIKE TO BITCH :)
Why do you have a habit of challenging whatever we say? It's not my problem that you make ridiculous statements. If you didn't make them I wouldn't be bitchy.

the dude jus loves to question authority, Wade. what can you do, he makes no sence what so ever, and he jus "blahs" on making no point at all.

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 13:16:39

Gary should burn in hell for the numa numa

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 13:36:37

At 2/17/05 04:24 PM, AngryToaster wrote: That's pretty sweet. It's funny how a NG flash author can make it on the news.

He wasn't really a flash arthur he just put a video of himslef in flash.

I think it's sad that one person can get on the news for something that took him like 2 minutes to make (since all he did was film him danicnng to the song) and people who spend hours or days making animations that are just as good or better than the Numa Numa dance don't receive any news or pretty much any press at all like Madness, XIAO XIAO, decline of video games, joe zombie etc.. The only exceptions are jibjab and alien hominid but mainly because alien hominid has a console version.

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 13:37:19

damm you wade. i was gonna post this first! oh well.... great job!

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 13:45:15

At 2/18/05 01:36 PM, Father_Time wrote: He wasn't really a flash arthur he just put a video of himslef in flash.

I think it's sad that one person can get on the news for something that took him like 2 minutes to make (since all he did was film him danicnng to the song) and people who spend hours or days making animations that are just as good or better than the Numa Numa dance don't receive any news or pretty much any press at all like Madness, XIAO XIAO, decline of video games, joe zombie etc.. The only exceptions are jibjab and alien hominid but mainly because alien hominid has a console version.

Well, that's the way the world works isn't it? Do we turn on the news to see a report about some painter who just painted a master piece that took him 5 years to do? Nope. We just see that ass up in NYC who put up a bunch of metal gates and hung orange sheets from them and calls it art.

Political things and controversial things are more likely to make the news. I'm sure if we tried we could get things like the Bill Cosby game in the news, or other controversial games. As long as we can say "Look, it has over 100,000 views!" or better the media might bite. That sounds like a lot as far as they are concerned.

Part of what makes Numa Numa a news story is the fact that it is a simple video of some guy dancing, yet it's been viewed over 1 million times.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 13:47:13

At 2/17/05 04:27 PM, Aapo wrote: Kinda sad that most Americans heard that song for the first time this way. In Europe, Dragostea Din Tei was a huge hit even before NND.

In every possible way I disagree with you. It is a triumph des willens that Americans haven't heard of a Romanian pop song except for when a fat kid makes fun of it.

Is it just me or is your entire indentity structured on being the champion of all things european? That's all you talk about on the BBS. When you're at home do you just sit around and not talk until someone brings up something about American-European relations and then it's your time to shine?

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 13:49:43

Numa Numa is still going strong. Here's a graph of today's bandwidth in RED compared to yesterday's bandwidth in BLUE at the same time.

Numa Numa Dance

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 14:12:18

At 2/18/05 01:45 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Well, that's the way the world works isn't it? Do we turn on the news to see a report about some painter who just painted a master piece that took him 5 years to do? Nope. We just see that ass up in NYC who put up a bunch of metal gates and hung orange sheets from them and calls it art.

ROFL thats pretty fuckin funny. aint it the truith tho.

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 14:21:37

At 2/18/05 11:44 AM, stevezarebski wrote: that's awsome wade maybe NG will get some news coverage one day

It gotten some coverage in the past on Tech TV.

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 14:32:44

At 2/18/05 02:21 PM, ramagi wrote:
At 2/18/05 11:44 AM, stevezarebski wrote: that's awsome wade maybe NG will get some news coverage one day

how did you do that?

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 14:42:43

At 2/18/05 02:21 PM, ramagi wrote:

Newgrounds has had a lot of news coverage over the years. On TV, in magazines. We had a lot right after 9-11 from all the anti-usama games. Foxnews showed Diplomacy two nights in a row at the end of their 6-7PM news report, and both times gave out the newgrounds.com URL. Tom was on CNN Headline news as well.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 15:00:38

Holy cow forgot all about that coverage I remeber all that, would you ever want NG on the news again wade.?

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 15:03:21

i really fucking hate what ng is turning into, its all over the news, they wil take shitty flashes, put them on frontpage, just to be on tv, its getting to be ridiculous

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 15:04:48

I dont see what the fuckin problem is and why everyone is whining about a funny simple flash movie that gets alot of attention. If you want to become that popular too, why not be creative and try something hilarious, catchy and original yourself.

I am not too fond of it also, it was kinda funny but i think all the attention is just a lil bit silly. Its great for Newgrounds that they attract more people to their site because of this, but i hope they will continue to showcase a very diverse selection on the frontpage, so that not only the very popular movies get selected, but as well as the less popular - but clever - ones.

But since this has been the case with this website since i can remember, i dont see any reason why anyone should complain at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 15:06:15

just watched the video of NBC's report on it great coverage for gary and NG

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 15:11:05

yo numa numa i the best thing to happen to people like us scence the the starwars kid and iam just glad the NG finally got some recconintion

rawr

BBS Signature

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 15:15:01

At 2/17/05 04:14 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Newgrounds.com was shown on NBC's The Today Show this morning when they reported on the Numa Numa Dance. You can view the video here:

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Thanks to Gary for submitting his Numa Numa Dance video to Newgrounds.com! We can also thank Tom Fulp for discovering Gary's video and deciding to feature Numa Numa Dance on the front page and make Gary into an instant celebrity! :)

As I was sitting in my bed I heard it on the TV downstairs and I was like no way. I didn't know Gary was from NJ but thats cool because I'm from NJ

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 15:28:42

Great!
Now we got another Fat Bastard turned Online Celebrity!

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 15:45:50

Yay! You could see NG on TV :D

prepare yourself for 300% more n00bs :o

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 15:58:04

-_- Just what we need... More fatties to laugh at...

I'm sure someone will wear a Cheech mask and dance to a random DDR song... It'll happen. Eventually. And the people will laugh, as is their responsibility.

Response to Numa Numa Dance 2005-02-18 16:06:18

At 2/18/05 11:54 AM, MasterGehn wrote:

Press is always good.

Press is not always good in my opinion. Allow me to paraphrase KFC_Clock:

At 2/18/05 03:03 PM, KFC_Clock wrote: i really fucking hate what ng is turning into, its all over the news, they wil take shitty flashes, put them on frontpage, just to be on tv, its getting to be ridiculous