00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Snooze34 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

As: Main

710,572 Views | 1,500 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to As: Main 2005-08-26 18:49:50

AS: bouncing.... yada yada i'm accually unhappy at how this turned out. and i hate it when i miss a crap load of typos

Response to As: Main 2005-08-26 19:07:35

At 8/26/05 06:49 PM, ImpotentBoy2 wrote: AS: bouncing.... yada yada i'm accually unhappy at how this turned out. and i hate it when i miss a crap load of typos

Take your time, make it good, recreate the topic. I can delete these posts and your first version if you wish.

On another not, I just ventured into General for the first time in ages. Christ, it sucks.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to As: Main 2005-08-26 19:12:45

At 8/26/05 07:07 PM, Denvish wrote: On another not, I just ventured into General for the first time in ages. Christ, it sucks.

Bwa ha ha. Yes, it really does. I have some periods when I hang there for some time, but that's mostly because of a lack of posts in the FF. But really, nothing of any value whatsoever is going on "over there".

BBS Signature

Response to As: Main 2005-08-26 19:17:54

At 8/26/05 07:07 PM, Denvish wrote: On another not, I just ventured into General for the first time in ages. Christ, it sucks.

try going to some random club in the C&C forum, you'll appreciate general afterwards

Response to As: Main 2005-08-26 21:15:46

It's not much of a topic, but what about API Textboxes? I had trouble getting used to those. :P

These new signatures can suck on mah balls. My lolis don't fit in. Lol wut what are you guys still doing on NG, move on.

BBS Signature

Response to As: Main 2005-08-26 21:42:38

At 8/26/05 05:40 PM, mynamewontfitin wrote: If someone could make one for custom scrollbars (not a component) that would be sweet.

Before I write out the entire actionscript topic I wanted to make sure this is the kind of thing you were looking for: LINK If not then let me know and I'll try to revise it and write it.

Response to As: Main 2005-08-27 12:36:08

At 8/26/05 09:42 PM, BleeBlap wrote: LINK

The scrollbar was in reverse, when you pressed the up arrow the thing on the right went down and vice versa, also you had to keep clicking the arrow to make it work rather than just holding your mouse down, and you couldn't drag the box thing.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to As: Main 2005-08-27 12:42:21

At 8/27/05 12:36 PM, -liam- wrote:
At 8/26/05 09:42 PM, BleeBlap wrote: LINK
The scrollbar was in reverse

the scrollbar wasnt in reverse, when you press the up arrow, the screen moves down which if you try it yourself in another application, youll see that its correct

Response to As: Main 2005-08-27 12:51:41

At 8/27/05 12:42 PM, dELta_Luca wrote: the scrollbar wasnt in reverse

My bad, my brain is in reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 16:02:42

wow, this thread is so awesome more people should see it, don't you agree?

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 16:05:41

At 8/28/05 04:02 PM, Inglor wrote: wow, this thread is so awesome more people should see it, don't you agree?

There should be a link to it in the "read here first" sticky thread.

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 16:18:13

At 8/28/05 04:05 PM, T-H wrote: There should be a link to it in the "read here first" sticky thread.

We should e-mail Tom about that, he'll probably give if a few Flash regulars pester him about it.

BBS Signature

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 16:28:27

I just e-mailed Tom..

Hey, I'm e-mailing about the Newgrounds Flash help section. I don't know if you are aware of the thread 'AS:Main' in the Flash section of the BBS flash section, but Denvish (the moderator, I'm sure you know) has took it upon himself to start a thread where people can post tutorials on different ActionScript subjects and then give the links in the AS:Main and Denvish has organized them all so they are easily and readily available for anybody that wants to learn how to do something (E.G. Arrays, hitTests, etc).
Well my point is, it would be great if you could put a link to the topic from the Flash help section on Newgrounds, for people that want to learn actionscripting.

AS:Main - http://www.newground../topic.php?id=229808

AS:Main latest page (most up to date tutorial list) - http://www.newground..229808&page=9999

Thanks,

-liam-

BBS Signature

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 16:29:45

I'm pretty sure he already is aware of this thread

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 16:30:20

At 8/28/05 04:29 PM, Inglor wrote: I'm pretty sure he already is aware of this thread

So am I, but there is no harm in making him more aware.

¬¬

BBS Signature

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 16:38:14

At 8/28/05 04:28 PM, -liam- wrote: I just e-mailed Tom..

I emailed him a couple of weeks ago about it, and he said he was going to add this to the sticky. I'm guessing he's just a bit busy right now. Be patient.

BBS Signature

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 16:39:12

there is a difference between adding it to the sticky and making it a sticky

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 17:30:58

http://www.newground../topic.php?id=335033

AS: Animated Buttons by Inglor

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 17:42:56

Hey, any chance you could post up some needed tutorials Denvish? I would like to put my hand in, but I've got no idea where to go, know what I mean? I would have done something for newbies, but that area seems to have been taken up already :-/ Anyways, help'd be appreciated.

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 17:44:20

anyone is more then welcome to make AS: tutorials :)

(this kind of pwns the old system, doesn't it? lol)

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 19:17:20

if you're making a drawing pad do us all a favour and integrate it into APIT

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 19:19:44

Yeah, I'll make the Drawing Pad I guess. Thanks for the idea. Perhaps though I should make a basic one, then a more advanced one using MC's and the eraser ability, etc. Hmm... my brain waves sure are flowing right about now.

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 19:20:17

GENERAL CODE:

BASIC
AS: Animated Buttons by Inglor
AS: Bars (Health/Score/etc) by Inglor
AS: Basic A.I. by Dancing-Thunder
AS: ClipEvents by Inglor
AS: Drag & Drop by Inglor
AS: Duplicated Movie Clips
AS: Dynamic Color Changes by Rantzien
AS: Dynamically Resizing Objects by Spamburger
AS: Inventory 1 by Inglor
AS: Loops & Conditions by BleeBlap
AS: Loops - For... In by Inglor
AS: Loops - While by Ninja-Chicken
AS: Maths - Basic by T-H
AS: Movement - Basic
AS: Movement - Scrolling background by DrDeath2k3
AS: Movie Control by Spamburger
AS: Password by Dancing-Thunder
AS: Performance & Optimisation Tips by T-H
AS: Quality Toggling
AS: Random by -Reedo11-
AS: Replay Button by Inglor
AS: Sound
AS: Stop & Play Buttons by Inglor
AS: swapDepths by -liam-
AS: Symbols by Joelasticot
AS: Variables by Rantzien

INTERMEDIATE
AS: Arrays
AS: Camera Control by Inglor
AS: Collisions by Glaiel_Gamer
AS: Collision Detection by BleeBlap
AS: Creating Boundaries by Spamburger
AS: Debugging Syntax by Inglor
AS: Elasticity by Joelasticot
AS: Functions - Basic by Inglor
AS: Intervals by Inglor
AS: Linear Increasement by Inglor
AS: Load External Data/Cross-Domain
AS: Maths - Intermediate by Inglor
AS: Mouse Wheel by Inglor
AS: Movement - On slopes by Joelasticot
AS: Output Panel Manipulation by Inglor
AS: Platform Game Basics by Atomic_Sponge
AS: Save and Load
AS: SWF Right-Click Menu

ADVANCED
AS: 3Dimension - Basic by dELta_Luca
AS: 3Dimension - Intermediate by dELta_Luca
AS: Actionscripted Tweens by BleeBlap
AS: API by -liam-
AS: API Curves by Glaiel_Gamer
AS: API 3-Gradient Fills by Inglor
AS: Binary Increasement by Inglor
AS: Syntax Checking Stack by Inglor
AS: Modular Programming by Inglor
AS: Non-Tilebased Pathfinding by dELta_Luca
AS: Tile-based Pathfinding by dELta_Luca
AS: Tile-based Game Development Map by Inglor
AS: Tile-based Line-of-Sight Algorithm by zoohl
AS: Movement - Random by Begoner
AS: OOP (Object Oriented Programming) by Inglor
AS: System Capabilities (Flash-PC Communication) by Inglor
AS: Trigonometry by BleeBlap
AS: XML by Inglor

SPECIFIC EFFECTS/PROJECTS:

BEGINNER
AS: Clock by Glaiel_Gamer
AS: Preloader
AS: Photo Negative by Glaiel_Gamer

INTERMEDIATE
AS: Fireworks (API) by Inglor
AS: Game 1 - Moving and Jumping by Ninja-Chicken
AS: Game 2 - Shooting & Power-ups by Ninja-Chicken
AS: Maze by Begoner
AS: Flash Registration Form by bigftballjock
AS: Platformer: N00b to Pro by MusicianEXE
AS: Pong Physics & Gravity by Dark_Toaster
AS: Rain Effect (API) by Inglor
AS: Scoreboard by Inglor
AS: Starfield (API)
AS: Typewriter Effect by Atomic_Sponge
AS: Volume Slider by Star_Cleaver

BBS Signature

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 19:21:13

At 8/28/05 07:19 PM, Deathcon7 wrote: Yeah, I'll make the Drawing Pad I guess. Thanks for the idea. Perhaps though I should make a basic one, then a more advanced one using MC's and the eraser ability, etc. Hmm... my brain waves sure are flowing right about now.

How about you integrate it into apit? it's open source and it could really contribute, topic search for it (search for APIT )

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 19:22:23

wow there's a lot now.

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 19:25:52

At 8/28/05 05:42 PM, Deathcon7 wrote: Hey, any chance you could post up some needed tutorials Denvish?

I don't think loadMovie has been covered yet. If you covered the basic action and then maybe went into a bit more depth with MovieClip.getBytesLoaded() and stuff, that would be cool. It's great stuff for building websites, which there are a few questions about.

At 8/28/05 07:17 PM, Inglor wrote: if you're making a drawing pad do us all a favour and integrate it into APIT

I could really do with spending some more time on APIT, but other things keep stealing my time. Plus, the code is so bloody tricky, I think I'd get lost if I ventured in there again... =(

BBS Signature

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 19:28:01

I was talking to deathcon, I presumed you're busy... I figured since he wants to make a drawing pad tutorial he should at least make one that can export API and apit seems like a good platform, I mean it's like it's line feature only you keep ending the line and starting a new one every interval when the mouse is down

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 19:31:12

denvish one thing this thread needs is a description of each thing. for instance if a newbie is looking for "when enemies touch each other" and they want a hit test, there not just gunna no to look at a certain one.

it would be cool if you just made a website out of this so that the desciptions could be longer

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 19:33:04

At 8/28/05 07:28 PM, Inglor wrote: I was talking to deathcon, I presumed you're busy... I figured since he wants to make a drawing pad tutorial he should at least make one that can export API and apit seems like a good platform, I mean it's like it's line feature only you keep ending the line and starting a new one every interval when the mouse is down

I'd like to agree, but I think even relatively advanced coders will have trouble integrating anything into the way I've coded APIT. I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see someone else take it on and develop it until such time as I can spare a few days.

In terms of other tuts needed, there's still no simple jump/gravity/bounce thread, but I don't know if ImpotentBoy is still planning to do it or not... I think he found that it's one thing knowing the code, but another translating it into n00b-friendly form. Hopefully he'll come up with the goods.

BBS Signature

Response to As: Main 2005-08-28 19:34:25

I can make a very basic bounce/gravity thread if you want.

I'm 12 years old and what is this?