00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sk8er-Gaius15 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

English Gentleman's Club

338,921 Views | 6,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-10 17:37:23

At 12/10/06 07:43 AM, Spiked wrote:
At 12/8/06 09:57 AM, Id-826629 wrote: It's become the new fad - Iscrulz changed his to his own unique Id and I followed suit. Yours would be Id-1512112.

do it now!
One, question, you did make an alt, right?

I don't think it would be necessary. It's a good job he has no flash to his name, however, as any favouriteers would be most confused.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-11 09:03:33

At 12/10/06 07:43 AM, Spiked wrote: One, question, you did make an alt, right?

No, I just decided to change the name of my alt to Coop83, saving the name until sometime next week

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-11 09:50:45

At 12/11/06 09:03 AM, Id-826629 wrote:
At 12/10/06 07:43 AM, Spiked wrote: One, question, you did make an alt, right?
No, I just decided to change the name of my alt to Coop83, saving the name until sometime next week

Ah. Now I see the need for an alt. Save the name, so it's not snapped up by some noob.

In other news, it's coming near to the end of my first the Autumn term here at Lincoln University. I'll be heading home for the first significant amount of time since I started.

I'm curious as to what you other gents are going to be doing for the holiday season.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-11 11:19:08

At 12/11/06 09:50 AM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: Ah. Now I see the need for an alt. Save the name, so it's not snapped up by some noob.

Yes - there was a bit of a furror after someone stole the name "-poxpower-" from one of the mods :P

In other news, it's coming near to the end of my first the Autumn term here at Lincoln University. I'll be heading home for the first significant amount of time since I started.

I felt the same way 5 years ago. God it was bliss to spend time in my own room again and eat PROPER food

I'm curious as to what you other gents are going to be doing for the holiday season.

I'll leave the office on Friday the 22nd of December, only to return on either Tuesday 2nd (!) or Wednesday 3rd. In between then, I'll be spending more time than is strictly necessary, but still I'll need it, with my girlfriend

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-11 12:04:31

At 12/11/06 09:50 AM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: I'm curious as to what you other gents are going to be doing for the holiday season.

My Christmas to do list:

Eat, drink, sleep and with a bit of a luck and a following wind stop being single by early Janurary.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-11 15:17:13

Ah, so you'll both be "spreading the love". Highly seasonal. I can only hope the mistletoe brings me such luck this year.

Jennings! Have you prepared the mistletoe augmentation for my hat yet? You have? Jolly good. You may help yourself to a glass of sherry.

Nothing like being prepared, eh, chaps?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-11 17:43:45

At 12/7/06 08:18 AM, Lord-Kensington wrote: I find it amaizing that out of all the topics discussed on the forum, Adolf Hitler is probably ranked in the top five. The question is why? I believe that it is because people are fascinated by this man who, with such radical ideas, was able to gain control of a country and turn it into a global superpower. Its every school boy's fantasy!

Every school boys fantasy? I don't think so old chap. All my schoolboy fantasys as I recall involved nubbile young women and not many clothes. Still I understand your point. There would have been more than a few people who I'd have liked to have pointed my own private army at.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-12 04:10:43

At 12/11/06 03:17 PM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: Ah, so you'll both be "spreading the love". Highly seasonal. I can only hope the mistletoe brings me such luck this year.

A word of advice - mistletoe should be held above your head, not threaded into your belt buckle.

At 12/11/06 05:43 PM, Leap wrote: Every school boys fantasy? I don't think so old chap. All my schoolboy fantasys as I recall involved nubbile young women and not many clothes.

Ah, one which may come true for me over Xmas

Still I understand your point. There would have been more than a few people who I'd have liked to have pointed my own private army at.

Though it would be a waste of ammunition

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-12 11:38:46

At 12/11/06 09:50 AM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: Ah. Now I see the need for an alt. Save the name, so it's not snapped up by some noob.

Precicley my point old boy...

Congratulatons, I hope it has been a period of jubilation, no less.

At 12/12/06 04:10 AM, Id-826629 wrote:
At 12/11/06 03:17 PM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: Ah, so you'll both be "spreading the love". Highly seasonal. I can only hope the mistletoe brings me such luck this year.
A word of advice - mistletoe should be held above your head, not threaded into your belt buckle.

Classic.
Merry Christmas.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-12 12:12:16

At 12/11/06 03:17 PM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: Ah, so you'll both be "spreading the love".

If Santa grants my Christmas wishes I certainly will be. However, if the last 16 years are anything to go by,then he probably won't. I'm still waiting for him to bring me the N64 I asked for when I was 7 >:-(

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-12 15:04:18

At 12/12/06 12:12 PM, Tri-nitro-toluene wrote:
At 12/11/06 03:17 PM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: Ah, so you'll both be "spreading the love".
If Santa grants my Christmas wishes I certainly will be. However, if the last 16 years are anything to go by,then he probably won't. I'm still waiting for him to bring me the N64 I asked for when I was 7 >:-(

Oh dear oh dear. Among pther things I'm hoping for a Wii this christmas. Not likely, though.

In other news, Natasha Kaplinsky has just opened the TV showing of the Royal Variety Performance. Huzzah!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-13 04:22:55

At 12/12/06 11:38 AM, Spiked wrote:
At 12/12/06 04:10 AM, Id-826629 wrote:
Classic.

*sighs* Sainsbury's Xmas parties were a thing of beauty. It's almost a shame that I don't get to take pictures of the bosses getting 'romantic' with some of the members of staff.

At 12/12/06 03:04 PM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: In other news, Natasha Kaplinsky has just opened the TV showing of the Royal Variety Performance. Huzzah!

Thinking man's crumpet? On the telly? Jeeves, the remote control!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-13 16:43:52

In other news, I whole-heartedly suggest fans of satire check out WORLD DOMINATION BATTLE
on the front page, I had a meglomaniac of a time!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-13 16:59:11

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-13 18:31:32

Hello all.

Somthing rather inspiring happened to me today, I would like to tell you about it.

As I may or may not have mentioned, I am taking a philosopy course at collage. The class, even though its only one session of 3 hours a week is very interesting and my class mates are a good bunch.

One of the class mates is a girl called Lisa. Lisa is around 5 9'' , is slim of build (petite is the word) , has short black hair and is really quite attractive. Lisa, along with a couple of other people, is also taking an english course and they were comparing the essays they had written. II'm not sure of the exact title but the subject was along the lines of "the worst experences of their lives". All had to be true, no hint of fiction was permitted.

Basically Lisa's essay tell the story of how she was chucked out on to the street at 16 buy her father. The local youth housing scheme had a two month waiting list and with no where else to go that first night she ended up sleeping in the toilets in the train station.

She met a teenage boy who was also homless and he showed her the basics (i.e how to steal) he also got her addicted to speed (or some anphetamine vaireant) by giving her a free hit every day. This went on for about a week , untill she came back one day and was told that she had to start paying for her drugs.

I'm sure you can see where this is going.

I'm not sure if it would count as rape but it sounds pretty damn close to me. Sex for drugs and she wouldnt have been classed as a willing participant by any stretch of the imigination.

You are probably wondering how any of this has inspired me. Well, this happened but it was almost 3 years ago now. Lets take a look at Lisa today.

Lisa has a steady (part time) job, is due to finish her A levels with good marks, is plannning to go to university, lives with her boyfriend who she is going to marry late next year.

she is bright, witty and one of the most friendly and out going people I have ever met. My point is that if she can go through a horrible experence like and not come out the other side bitter twisted and carring more emotion baggege than a bell boy on steroids, then my problem paile into insignificance beside them.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-14 01:59:08

And good show to her.

The most I have to deal with is jealousy, and I'm not nearly as bad off as it appears she was.

It is often the case that bad experiance and bad feelings are what you make of them. Let them swallow you and you'll fail miserably at any attempt to break free. Let them motivate you to self improvement, to prevent such events in the future, and the world is yours, and the heavens beyond it.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-14 04:45:35

I say Leap, that's a rather inspiring tale you have there...gives me an idea for writing something as well.

To Microsoft Word!

<Insert spinning TNT symbol here>

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-14 06:39:26

At 12/13/06 06:31 PM, Leap wrote: she is bright, witty and one of the most friendly and out going people I have ever met. My point is that if she can go through a horrible experence like and not come out the other side bitter twisted and carring more emotion baggege than a bell boy on steroids, then my problem paile into insignificance beside them.

What an inspiring tale. Kudos to Lisa.

It is time for me to ressurect the England report

The Ashes 3rd Test, Perth, Day 1
Australia 244 All out
England 51-2

Monty Panesar enjoyed his first taste of ashes cricket, taking 5-92, the best figures for an England spinner at Perth (Ian Botham's 6-78 in 1979-80 and Bob Willis' 5-44 in 1978-79 being the only two better) Mike Hussey (73*) put up resistance, but the regular fall of wickets at the other end ensured that his damage was limited. Steve Harmison (4-48) showed that he is back to his controlled best, with Sajid Mahmood (0-28) showing why he warranted selection with a resonably controlled display off seven overs.

Englands reply to the hosts faltering total almost stalled, vindicating Aussie captain Ricky Ponting's decision to bat first, when Alistair Cook (15) and Ian Bell (0) fell early on. Andrew Strauss (24*) and Paul Collingwood (10*) guided us to stumps at 51-2. At least we have avoided the follow on!

Tomorrow, we need to bat all day and reach a respectable total, gradually getting us into a position where we can consider our options for Australia's second innings.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-14 14:41:31

At 12/14/06 01:59 AM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote:
It is often the case that bad experiance and bad feelings are what you make of them. Let them swallow you and you'll fail miserably at any attempt to break free. Let them motivate you to self improvement, to prevent such events in the future, and the world is yours, and the heavens beyond it.

Thats exactly what i was getting at.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-14 18:31:31

At 12/13/06 06:31 PM, Leap wrote: Hello all.

Somthing rather inspiring happened to me today, I would like to tell you about it.

Thankyou Leap, a trully inspiring story there, one which will inspire those that life has kicked in the proverbial bollocks (excuse the French)

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-15 00:58:30

Well gents, it is the final day of the autumn term at Lincoln University. I shall be sleeping in my own bed tonight, and I shall finally be joining the usual christmassy cycle. I dare say this is the first year I have gone without an advent calander...

I say Tnt, is it an illusion, or have you removed capitals?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-15 03:06:07

At 12/15/06 12:58 AM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: I say Tnt, is it an illusion, or have you removed capitals?

As far as I'm aware London, Paris and Berlin are all exactly where they were when I last checked old boy.

As for my alias, I tried out a new alias a while ago, for all of 30 seconds just to see if it was taken, and then typed in my current alias in again. I must have failed to capitalise certain letters. SHall be fixed toot-sweet as it looks silly otherwise. Thanks for pointing it out old boy.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-15 03:31:25

Oh Pip Pip Cheerio!

This is a right good club, I think I shall stick around for a spot of tea.

Goodness, Christmas is nearing eh boys?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-15 07:15:55

The Ashes, 3rd Test, Perth, Day 2
Australia 244 & 119-1
England 215

A stouthearted slog from Kevin Pietersen (70) couldn't spare England's blushes. Wickets fell with alarming regularity and England were dismissed for a frankly sub-standard 215. Monty Panesar and Steve Harmison spared some major embarrasment by putting together a partnership of 40 for the final wicket. Strauss being given out controversially did noting to improve the mood.

However, the mood did briefly improve, as Matthew Hoggard clean bowled Justin Langer in the first ball of the innings. Ricky Ponting (57*) and Matthew Hayden (57*) turned the screw and pushed the score to 119-1 at stumps.

England need (not want, this is now a need situation) to dismiss Australia as quickly and cheaply as possible in order to stand any chance of winning this match. If we lose the match, the Ashes will return down under for another 2 years, which cannot be allowed to happen!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-15 10:38:54

At 12/15/06 03:06 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: As for my alias, I tried out a new alias a while ago, for all of 30 seconds just to see if it was taken, and then typed in my current alias in again. I must have failed to capitalise certain letters. SHall be fixed toot-sweet as it looks silly otherwise. Thanks for pointing it out old boy.

And moved up a level perhaps?

At 12/15/06 03:31 AM, octobionics wrote: This is a right good club, I think I shall stick around for a spot of tea.

Ah, nice to see you old chap, have a drink, we are in abundance...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-15 11:11:41

At 12/15/06 10:38 AM, Spiked wrote: And moved up a level perhaps?

Well I know I did that.

It's still strange seeing myself with the baseball bat. I was so used to the old one that seeing anything else next to my alias is just strange...

Ah well. All for the good. one step closer to getting the Nunchuks.

Bottoms up chaps.

<downs brandy>

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-15 12:03:35

why you speaking like a prick?
not all english people speak like that, only the pretenders do...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-15 16:18:21

At 12/15/06 12:03 PM, InfamousA wrote: why you speaking like a prick?
not all english people speak like that, only the pretenders do...

Why are you talking like a moron? Real people use capital letters and puncuation.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-15 16:59:12

At 12/15/06 04:18 PM, Leap wrote: Why are you talking like a moron? Real people use capital letters and puncuation.

Good shot leap, old boy!
Release the mods!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-12-15 17:06:07

At 12/15/06 04:59 PM, Spiked wrote:
At 12/15/06 04:18 PM, Leap wrote: Why are you talking like a moron? Real people use capital letters and puncuation.
Good shot leap, old boy!
Release the mods!

Well I am the resident bullshit deflector.

One is off to a party this weekend, one hopes to find a reasonably attractive oyung lady with low enough standards. The suitation is getting rather desperate.

BBS Signature