00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JUBBAA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

English Gentleman's Club

338,358 Views | 6,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-15 04:10:32

At 11/14/06 07:06 PM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: TEA!!!
*glances at pocket-watch*
Blast. Four minutes past midnight. I cannot drink tea this late tonight, for I must be up at seven, and require at least five hours sleep.

Well, one can say the same about the old lack of sleep, but one's lady friend is certainly a most welcome distraction from the rigours of sleep

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-15 08:44:03

I say chaps one has been watching her majesty's opening of parliament. Makes one feel proud to be english! A most fantastic ceremony.

A toast! To her Majesty the Queen!

Nec Deficit Alter.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-15 09:23:07

At 11/15/06 08:44 AM, Lord-Kensington wrote:

To the Queen!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-15 11:00:00

At 11/15/06 09:23 AM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: To the Queen!

To the Queer old dean!

Wait...that didn't come out right...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-15 14:32:19

At 11/15/06 08:44 AM, Lord-Kensington wrote: I say chaps one has been watching her majesty's opening of parliament. Makes one feel proud to be english! A most fantastic ceremony.

Can't say I did old boy, but a toast a toast never-the-less!
Huzzah!

At 11/15/06 04:10 AM, Coop83 wrote: Well, one can say the same about the old lack of sleep, but one's lady friend is certainly a most welcome distraction from the rigours of sleep

Oh you dog you!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-15 15:04:44

At 11/15/06 02:55 PM, sapper119 wrote: this has got to be the shitest post i have ever seen lol i know im english and all but ive never ever talk like how your talking and also the guy whose hosting this is from Birmingham lol oh year his gentlemens accent must be great lol!!!

Shakespeare is rolling over in his grave due to your utter slaughtering of the English language.

If you don't find this post amusing, then, it's quite simple, don't post in it. Ignore it. Leave it alone.

This thread is a joke. It was designed to take the piss out of how the English are perceieved as talking. If you don't find it funny, then fine. Just don't spam up the place.

Oh, and for your information, just 'cause s Coop comes from Birmingham doesn't make a damned difference. This thread is a joke. No one here actually talks like this. Understand?

Now, do us all a favour and bugger off. If you post here again with seemingly malicious intent or try and start a flame war I will have no problems in getting the attention of mods.

Much <3

TNT

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-15 15:48:05

At 11/15/06 03:04 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: Shakespeare is rolling over in his grave due to your utter slaughtering of the English language.
Much <3

TNT

Please don't insult Coop or anyother members of this unique congrigation.
Please don't take this as a flame, so much as a critique, when I say SPAM!!
Please leave, and don't hurt our collective feelings.
Please don't make me pull out the SMRM

Best Wishes.

Spiked

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-15 16:53:47

At 11/15/06 03:48 PM, Spiked wrote:
At 11/15/06 03:04 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: Shakespeare is rolling over in his grave due to your utter slaughtering of the English language.
Much <3

TNT
Please don't insult Coop or anyother members of this unique congrigation...
Best Wishes.

Spiked

Kindly leave the premises with all haste, before I tell the butlers to release the hounds.

Yours forebodingly,

Leonardo-Da-Finchy

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-16 04:16:59

At 11/15/06 02:32 PM, Spiked wrote: Oh you dog you!

Jeeves, put an extra sugar in one's tea this morning. One is conserving energy levels!

At 11/15/06 02:55 PM, sapper119 wrote: this has got to be the shitest post i have ever seen lol i know im english and all but ive never ever talk like how your talking and also the guy whose hosting this is from Birmingham lol oh year his gentlemens accent must be great lol!!!

Two points I would like to make about this:

1) I am actually from a town called Kidderminster, but since no-one knows where that is, I say Birmingham. I don't have a Brummie accent, or a Black Country accent either. As you may have guessed, I don't have a posh accent, either. We're poking fun at the perceptions of how English people talk and act. If you would like further information, please PM me

2) Expect a visit from some mods

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-16 06:01:35

WOW

One Has Just found out about this wounderful English Club

England Power

Did you See
England Lose to Argentina At Rugby
How Embarrasing

Tally Ho good Fellows

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-16 09:56:03

Well I must be frank with you old bean, there is the door, close it on your way out!

And another point whilst I'm on the topic. Have you seen the length of this thread? Two words: TRIPLE FIGURES!!! So for it being the 'shitest' post, as you so eliquently put it, we havent done too bad.

Actually I fear I have a fair few points to raise here so bear with me fellow Gents.
1. your age on your profile is 14, now assuming that is correct (and judging by the childish display of language thereon I assume it is) what would you know about Englishness??? You have just got to an age where you can wipe your own rear without assistance, so dont be surprised if I dont take you seriously. (I'm ranting on like this just for pure pleasure rather than to prove a point)
2. This thread is a break from the norm of the childish nuance's that the youth of today seems to never be without on the BBS (lol, N00B etc...), so one would summise that this would be the perverbial 'diamond in the rough'. Therefore in summation you should embrace this quintessentially English thread with both hands fear we loose this wonderful dialect to the deamon that is 'NETSPEAK' <Recoils in horror>
3. What is wrong with this thread, compared to some of the others floating around the BBS this one does have decent conversations, topics and atmosphere. Something akin to that of the Gentlemens' clubs of the 20's and 30's; an age of refinement and class, something you, my dear sir, could do with learning.

Finally I shall close with a Latin prose I find useful in times like this:
'Nil illigitimus carborundum'

(Oh and COOP I know where Kidderminster is!)

Nec Deficit Alter.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-16 10:18:00

At 11/16/06 09:56 AM, Lord-Kensington wrote:

Whereabouts is it again? All I know and, indeed, knew, is that it is in the vicinity of Birmingham. Is it north, east, southwest? Approximately how far.

I live in Bingham, about 10 miles west of Nottingham. Though I am not currently there, I have residence in Lincoln currently.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-16 10:20:27

about 10 miles west of Nottingham.

Damn it!!

East, gents, I apologise.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-16 10:37:12

At 11/16/06 10:18 AM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote:
At 11/16/06 09:56 AM, Lord-Kensington wrote: (Oh and COOP I know where Kidderminster is!)

You're probably the third BBS member I know who does, other than myself and one of those is my brother.

Whereabouts is it again? All I know and, indeed, knew, is that it is in the vicinity of Birmingham. Is it north, east, southwest? Approximately how far.

About 20-25 miles Southwest of Birmingham

I live in Bingham, about 10 miles west of Nottingham. Though I am not currently there, I have residence in Lincoln currently.

Well, at least you don't live in Newark (and have the well know acronym for your town)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-16 11:07:12

At 11/16/06 04:16 AM, Coop83 wrote: 1) I am actually from a town called Kidderminster, but since no-one knows where that is, I say Birmingham.

I know where Kidderminster is. Used to go past it quite a bit but never actually went inside to visit the place.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-16 13:59:30

At 11/16/06 06:01 AM, geo177 wrote: One Has Just found out about this wounderful English Club

Welcome old chap, care for a drink?

At 11/16/06 09:56 AM, Lord-Kensington wrote: Well I must be frank with you old bean, there is the door, close it on your way out!

Some fine points there sir!

Me too old boy, never graced the vicinity though...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-17 21:45:08

Jennings, my warm milk and honey, if you will!

I fear I am becoming a creature of the night. Not good when a Friday's lectures span from 9 in the morning to 6 in the evening.

Does anyone have any suggestions for natural sleeping aids besides a hot-wattle boter?

... the hour is getting to me...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-17 22:25:33

Oh Ho! In my half-sleep-walkings about on the internet, I have stumbled across a remarkable array of... Remixes for the BBC News 24 theme! I'm sure we all recall Mr Bill Bailey's rendition, I must say that a 3 minutes long version has been officially adopted by the glorious news channel, and can be heard in full here:

BBC News 24 Remix Entries

Much glorious listening...

Jennings! My milk!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-18 13:51:18

At 11/17/06 10:25 PM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote:
BBC News 24 Remix Entries

Ha! Thats fantastic, never realised how intricate the song was!
Natural sleep remedies, hmmm... not really, unless you count herbal remedies. Or if all else fails you could try the jolly old night-cap, probably not a good idea though...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-18 16:00:51

At 11/16/06 01:59 PM, Spiked wrote:
At 11/16/06 09:56 AM, Lord-Kensington wrote: (Oh and COOP I know where Kidderminster is!)
Me too old boy, never graced the vicinity though...

It sounds like everyone in this club knows where my home town is! The point I was making is that no Americans have ever heard of Kidderminster, so if I say Birmingham, they might have a slight idea

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-18 16:18:05

At 11/17/06 10:25 PM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: BBC News 24 Remix Entries

Those are pretty good.

Though I can't help but think of Bill Bailey as well. That was a good night out when I went to see him live :-)

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-18 22:59:27

At 11/18/06 04:18 PM, Tri-nitro-toluene wrote:
At 11/17/06 10:25 PM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: BBC News 24 Remix Entries
Those are pretty good.

Though I can't help but think of Bill Bailey as well. That was a good night out when I went to see him live :-)

Live? Good show! Indeed, it was late, and BBC News 24 came on in the usual slot. I remembered Bill Bailey's rendition, and decided to look for a version I could download and play among other niknaks, such as the heavy metal version of the Countdown theme I found in the portal. Alas, no luck. But what I did find, and shared, was sufficient.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-19 05:14:17

At 11/18/06 10:59 PM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: such as the heavy metal version of the Countdown theme I found in the portal. Alas, no luck. But what I did find, and shared, was sufficient.

Heavy metal Countdown theme? That is something I have to hear.

Link?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-19 09:45:38

At 11/19/06 05:14 AM, Tri-nitro-toluene wrote:
At 11/18/06 10:59 PM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: such as the heavy metal version of the Countdown theme I found in the portal. Alas, no luck. But what I did find, and shared, was sufficient.

Link?

Here you go old boy

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-19 11:30:01

At 11/19/06 09:45 AM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: Here you go old boy

If that was the original theme tune, perhaps it would be slightly bearable...
Don't get me wrong I love words... but Noel... oh dear...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-19 13:20:47

At 11/19/06 09:45 AM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote: Here you go old boy

This needs to become the official themesong.

One ahs jsut returned from leafletting the Streets of Wallsall in ana ttempt to dissuade the voter sin their by-election there from voting BNP. I am frozen from head to toe yet feel content that I've done my bit to hinder the progress of the Facists.

Now pass the tea. I need a hot drink to warm me up!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-19 14:34:17

At 11/19/06 01:20 PM, Tri-nitro-toluene wrote: Now pass the tea. I need a hot drink to warm me up!

Right away sir! I hope no, skinheaded-neo-nazis turned up...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-19 14:51:41

At 11/19/06 02:34 PM, Spiked wrote: Right away sir! I hope no, skinheaded-neo-nazis turned up...

Actually they did. When the group iw as with were setting off after being given the leaflets some BNP leafletters started up a " Nick Girffin Rocks!" chant and began hurling abuse at us.

To which our response was to ignore them and carry on walking down the street and left them standing there like the idiotic chavs they are.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-20 05:53:55

At 11/19/06 09:45 AM, Leonardo-Da-Finchy wrote:
Here you go old boy

Richard_Whitely_Spinning_in_Grave.gif

At 11/19/06 02:51 PM, Tri-nitro-toluene wrote: Actually they did. When the group iw as with were setting off after being given the leaflets some BNP leafletters started up a " Nick Girffin Rocks!" chant and began hurling abuse at us.
To which our response was to ignore them and carry on walking down the street and left them standing there like the idiotic chavs they are.

And that is the English way of dealing with things! I saw something on TV which used DNA to prove that even if we claim to be English, we probably have more Middle Eastern and Southern European DNA in us than actual English

Some Illegal immigrants are probably more English than BNP members, that's for sure!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2006-11-20 06:49:58

At 11/20/06 05:53 AM, Coop83 wrote:
And that is the English way of dealing with things! I saw something on TV which used DNA to prove that even if we claim to be English, we probably have more Middle Eastern and Southern European DNA in us than actual English

Some Illegal immigrants are probably more English than BNP members, that's for sure!

Most likely. Someone chould send them a flag or banner or something enscriberd with the words "Bastard Ni***r Party". That'd throw them into such a frenzy they'd most likely genocide themselves out of existance.