00:00
00:00

English Gentleman's Club

272,889 Views | 6,721 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 06:45:41


Hello chaps!

One felt utterly compelled to create a gentleman's club, where English people can come and talk to one another about such niceties as English sport, like Cricket, Rugger and Football. We could also discuss the things which make our fair land so.

One naturally feels sorry for the demise of 'A Very English Post' She died a bloody death at the end, but she shall be remembered. Joxa's dream shall live on.

Naturally, any old members of Very English are quite welcome. (Those of you, who posted with a wizard English accent and did not perpetually flame.) One is not trying to usurp the British Club, as one thinks this is merely a continuation of Very English, as it should be.

So, chaps, do you think we have a chance of beating the springboks in the test? Day three is underway and England declared on 411-8. At the last look, South Africa were 117-2. Still on the knife edge, but I believe we shall triumph over these praetorian pretenders.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 07:01:50


Oh, yes. One completely forgot. Tea and crumpets for all!

Tally Ho!


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 07:51:50


At 1/15/05 07:01 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Tally Ho!

tally no. this is basically a very camp post again.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 09:15:12


I say we might moved, but this is not the end. Have any of you chaps been watching ultimate force lately. One doesn't think it was as good as the firts two series.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 09:35:50


Why the trailers seemed to be jolly good but in actual fact the show was a bunch of totters, why I do say that big brother is getting a jolly lot of attention, there are far too many feminists in there. pip pip, tally hoe lads.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 09:37:36


MWAHAHAHHA twas me and a couple of other english people that got joxa's thread locked, IRONY!


/

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 09:40:11


At 1/15/05 09:35 AM, vertmb wrote: Why the trailers seemed to be jolly good but in actual fact the show was a bunch of totters, why I do say that big brother is getting a jolly lot of attention, there are far too many feminists in there. pip pip, tally hoe lads.

One will see if it has improved tonight. The lenght has improved things and those ladies in the stream room where very nice indeed.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 09:41:45


Very English was locked for a reason. It became all flames.
This one may do better, but contact a mod before it reaches the level it was at before or this will be locked, too.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 09:45:12


At 1/15/05 09:41 AM, Ted_Easton wrote: Very English was locked for a reason. It became all flames.
This one may do better, but contact a mod before it reaches the level it was at before or this will be locked, too.

We shall. We would also like it if the mods could keep an eye on some of the users who may join here. It would be better if the flame war could be stopped with out us locking the topic.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 09:46:41


I SWEAR I SHALL FLAME IN THIS THREAD never! NEVER! I actually mean it, much love!


/

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 09:46:52


At 1/15/05 09:37 AM, -Zef- wrote: MWAHAHAHHA twas me and a couple of other english people that got joxa's thread locked, IRONY!

I say Zef clear off, you traitor you. As this is a club you must ask for member ship here. C83 has told me that you are not to be let in unless you change alot.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 09:52:41


Quikfox has now many enemies. If it wasn't for that dreadful man, and us who flamed him of course, then a very english post would have lived on until the end of the newground days. As one of the reasons for the topic's death, i would like to offer my humble apologies.
My aim in future is to ignore quikfox if he ever decides to send this club to the burning abyss. Can we settle this over some tea and crumpets?


BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 09:58:04


At 1/15/05 09:52 AM, darkmaster2000 wrote: Can we settle this over some tea and crumpets?

You weren't one of the ones C83 told me that could join, so you will have to wait and see. If you don't flame one can't see this being a problem.
Right tis tea for tea and crumpets one believes. Jeeves put the kettle on.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 10:17:53


awww lemme stay i am a changed guy! what what


/

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 10:23:53


At 1/15/05 09:58 AM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: You weren't one of the ones C83 told me that could join, so you will have to wait and see.

Dude, I dont like those two, but they were defending your english post thread. And you wont let them join? Thats pretty low.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 10:35:52


At 1/15/05 10:17 AM, -Zef- wrote: awww lemme stay i am a changed guy! what what

Sorry old bean, but like darkmaster2000 you will have to wait and see what Coop83 thinks. Any users with this sig see below are most likely not going to be let in on because they were likely one of the users whos flaming for no reason forced us to close the last topic. Now any flaming here will not do.

English Gentleman's Club

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 10:36:07


What what! well done coop old boy, congrats on an absolutely spiffing club, let us maintain the 'very english's' memory shall we!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 10:39:07


Well me and darkmaster are saddened indeed, we were defending your thread form quikfox, he was spammign and flamming everybody, and you treat us, the ones who fought for you, like we are the culprits. I am saddened!

If you do not want Zef in your club, there he shall NOT be!

Good day to you unkind sir!


/

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 10:40:27


At 1/15/05 10:36 AM, March_Hare wrote: What what! well done coop old boy, congrats on an absolutely spiffing club, let us maintain the 'very english's' memory shall we!

Indeed. You can't kill A very English Post, not as long a fine people still keep posting. We might have moved and changed name, but we will carry on from before and this time with no flaming.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 10:41:24


i do not believe zef to be any more responsbile for the closing of a very english post than you or i coldstream. It was the fault of those accursed medieval pillocks, and that infernal quikfox! plus, the post was rather on the large size, maybe the club will fare better.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 10:42:21


At 1/15/05 10:39 AM, -Zef- wrote: If you do not want Zef in your club, there he shall NOT be!
Good day to you unkind sir!

Now now Zef clam down. One didn't say you could join, one just said that you will have to wait for Coop83 to post again. Then we will find out who is in and who isn't.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 10:42:40


At 1/15/05 10:35 AM, ColdstreamCooper wrote: Sorry old bean, but like darkmaster2000 you will have to wait and see what Coop83 thinks. Any users with this sig see below are most likely not going to be let in on because they were likely one of the users whos flaming for no reason forced us to close the last topic. Now any flaming here will not do.

We weren't flaming for no reason. We were trying to put quikfox in his place. you saw what he was doing and you did nothing. It was like fighting in a war for our country. if anyone's to blame its the rest of theposters in the club not keeping up to the english alliance as it were. The topic would have been locked eventually, it was just a matter of time.


BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 10:46:04


nevermind, nevermind, i believe everyone should be allowed in this club until they start causing problems, through them out then, we should welcome these two with open arms, now lets end this disagreement, nip it in the butt early so to speak.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 10:48:29


March Hare I thank you for your kind words, ever since i noticed you posting on the ng BBS you have been witty and just, for that I thank you!


/

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 11:07:29


At 1/15/05 10:39 AM, -Zef- wrote: we were defending your thread form quikfox,

Just so you guys know, you didn't defend the thread at all. Your best move then would have been to ignore me and everything, but by flaming me you just helped and contributed to it getting locked.

You got your own English Post thing locked yourself.


BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 11:09:13


Things look better, now. If you're serious about keeping your club, email me ( ted@newgrounds.com ) once people do start flaming.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 11:11:01


At 1/15/05 11:07 AM, QuikFox wrote: You got your own English Post thing locked yourself.

We asked for it to be locked because we (The memebers who understand what the point of the thread was) became tired of the flaming. One couldn't hold a good conversation there.
This is not the end of A very English Post, but this is the end of the flaming.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 11:13:46


At 1/15/05 11:11 AM, ColdstreamCooper wrote:
At 1/15/05 11:07 AM, QuikFox wrote: You got your own English Post thing locked yourself.
We asked for it to be locked because we (The memebers who understand what the point of the thread was) became tired of the flaming. One couldn't hold a good conversation there.
This is not the end of A very English Post, but this is the end of the flaming.

Indeed it is, I will not even speak to anyone who attempts to flame bait me! I am english through and through like a pasty! (cornish)

I await the decision as of to whether or not i can remain here!


/

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 11:16:20


At 1/15/05 11:13 AM, -Zef- wrote: Indeed it is, I will not even speak to anyone who attempts to flame bait me! I am english through and through like a pasty! (cornish)

One is not a big fan of the cornish pasty. The smell most wonderful, but one has yet to find a filling that one enjoys. One will stay with ones crumpets and tea.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-15 11:17:19


At 1/15/05 11:13 AM, -Zef- wrote: I await the decision as of to whether or not i can remain here!

here, here (in a silent, background voice).


BBS Signature