00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who Loves Reverse Flash?

1,045 Views | 7 Replies

Who Loves Reverse Flash? 2004-12-20 18:21:00

I KNOW I SURE DO!

ohoohohoh

Who Loves Reverse Flash?

Response to Who Loves Reverse Flash? 2004-12-20 18:21:28

O_o Does he go really slow?

Response to Who Loves Reverse Flash? 2004-12-20 18:22:10

At 12/20/04 06:21 PM, b3nnic3 wrote: O_o Does he go really slow?

Nah he goes extremley slow.

Response to Who Loves Reverse Flash? 2004-12-20 18:23:01

At 12/20/04 06:22 PM, -deleted- wrote: Nah he goes extremley slow.

Well that's just awesome.

<3 the Reverse Flash.

Response to Who Loves Reverse Flash? 2004-12-20 18:23:34

At 12/20/04 06:21 PM, ObeyTrice wrote: I KNOW I SURE DO!

ohoohohoh

what makes him different from flash? evil? run's slow? boring and not so witty?

Newgrounds is probably the most gayest thing I ever heard of.

BBS Signature

Response to Who Loves Reverse Flash? 2004-12-20 18:28:13

At 12/20/04 06:23 PM, Kazzar wrote:
At 12/20/04 06:21 PM, ObeyTrice wrote: I KNOW I SURE DO!

ohoohohoh
what makes him different from flash? evil? run's slow? boring and not so witty?

Other Aliases: Professor Zoom
Past Group Affiliation: Secret Society of Super Villains
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
First Appearance: Flash (first series) #139 (September 1963)
Base of Operations: Central City of the 25th Century
Origin: c. 2450
Death: Neck snapped by Flash in attempt to prevent murder.
See Also: The Cobalt Blue Legacy, Zoom II

There are several conflicting accounts of how Eobard Thawne of the 25th Century became the Reverse-Flash. Since his origin lies in the future, the "true" events may still happen differently.

According to one account, Thawne was a criminal with a fixation on the second Flash who stumbled across a time capsule with his chosen enemy's costume. He amplified residual speed energy in the costume, granting him super speed when he wore it. He embarked on a crime spree only to be stopped by the coincidence of his nemesis traveling ahead to find the time capsule when it was opened.

Another account explains why he was drawn to Barry Allen in particular: The Thawne-Allen feud, five hundred years running by Eobard's lifetime, had its roots in the separation of twins Barry Allen and Malcom Thawne.

A third account has it that Thawne was fascinated by superheroes (who did not exist in his era), especially Barry Allen, the second Flash. He went to great lengths to make himself look like his idol and even duplicate his powers. Finally, he found the Flash's cosmic treadmill. He used it to travel back in time to meet his idol, bringing along a copy of his biography. The calibration, however, was off, and he was deposited, disoriented, in Central City years after Barry had died. Wandering toward the Flash Museum, and discovering that he was destined to be the most evil of the Flash's enemies, he went into psychological shock, convincing himself he was himself Barry Allen.

Whether this tale of idol-worship gone bad was true or not, he did convince even Wally West and Jay Garrick that he was a resurrected Barry Allen. Eventually, his anger broke through, ostensibly at Wally for replacing Barry, but really at Barry for betraying Thawne. He went on a destructive rampage, and it took a coalition of all the other speedsters to keep him in check. Once Wally determined his true identity, he shocked Thawne's memory back, and tricked him into returning to his own time in fear. The disorientation of the trip through time left him again amnesiac, save the deeply-ingrained hatred for Barry Allen.

Taking on the identity of Professor Zoom, the Reverse-Flash, he began to travel to the 20th century to battle the Flash. His knowledge of Allen's dual identity enabled him to strike at him by killing his wife, Iris, and later attempting to kill his fiancée Fiona. It was in saving Fiona's life that the Flash broke Zoom's neck, killing him.

Response to Who Loves Reverse Flash? 2004-12-20 18:33:14

I could tell he was some sort of criminal. he looked pissed at something.

Newgrounds is probably the most gayest thing I ever heard of.

BBS Signature

Response to Who Loves Reverse Flash? 2004-12-20 18:42:15

At 12/20/04 06:33 PM, Kazzar wrote: I could tell he was some sort of criminal. he looked pissed at something.

yea michael jackson molested him, with a monkey