00:00
00:00

Voice Acting Club

554,970 Views | 13,156 Replies

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 11:50:20

Im sorry guys but my stuff isnt getting through
I tried hard and everything
really happy i mightve gotten it through one time
-but im givin up, ill check out this club weeks later... and then some to see what people say about this.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 12:02:56

At 7/13/05 11:50 AM, cajunthief wrote: Im sorry guys but my stuff isnt getting through
I tried hard and everything
really happy i mightve gotten it through one time
-but im givin up, ill check out this club weeks later... and then some to see what people say about this.

Cajun, here are a few tips (Please don't give up yet!!!)

When you've finished editing your sound in Audacity, go to File->Save as WAV or File->Save as MP3. It will export your sound into one of those file formats, depending on which you choose. If you don't have the LAME converter installed on your machine, the WAV is the best you can hope for. But you really ought to have LAME in there. You do have the actual LAME.exe (or is it dll?) in the same directory as Audacity's program files, right? That way it'll be able to find it.

Once you've exported your sounds into MP3 format, you should get an account at www.thefilebucket.com, and upload them there. You can get the links from there too.

Where exactly are you getting stuck?

"Men don't grow up; they just grow out."

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 12:13:59

Some of you voice acted for Djj-Assholes E.A flash right? As i saw his post. Now it has been stolen and it passed judgement because he uploaded it with a link to it on his site. I'm upset this happened since he worked hard on it, AND i voice acted for the Ginger at the biggining.

I just want to make sure it is deleated so DJJ can finish his flash and submit it, it doesn't even have credits. Here is the stolen flash. http://www.newground..d=a&terms=djjass
I'm sure djj will be very upset when he gets back, i feel sorry for him :( he worked SO hard.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 12:58:31

Whew. It's been about 20 pages since I last posted something substantial and checked out submitted profiles and (hopefully) samplers. Obviously a lot has been said and done (and worse besides) but to preserve everyone's sanity (and my own, to be honest) I'm probably only going to reply to things that have happened in the last 10 pages or so. That, conveniently enough, allows me to avoid talking about when this thread turned truly unpleasant and many things of an inflammatory nature were said. Since everybody's said what I wanted to say about that already, and people are probably sick and tired of hearing about it, I shall move on. And I am not a coward at all. And so! Onwards to the megapost, I say! Starting from page 218! Hurrah!

Shuko: Sorry about the whole "Not checking out your profile and sampler submission" thing until now, that's my bad. I just avoided looking at the NG BBS for a couple of days while everything calmed down and was truly over, before crawling back here with my tail between my legs. But worry not, I have not missed reading your submitted profile! .... All three of them. You're a very enthusiastic gal, you know that? And as for who I am.... *I* am the shadow that creeps in the night! *I* am the darkness that all evil fears! *I* am the great, magnificient, most supremely gifted superhuman that has ever graced this world.... Edwyn. Boy is my name an anti-climax, sometimes. .... Most times. .... All the time. .... I'm sad now.

TVs_Slayer: I too wish I could speak to my fellow VAs with greater clarity and with open arms of friendship. The only problem is, I secretly hate everyone and everything. Including myself. Hence such opening of communications between peoples on the NGVAC will inevitably lead to ruin, chaos and decay. Ah well. It's a nice happy, shiney people thought, anyway. And just let go man. Let the anger flooooooow through you, in rants filled to the brim with caustic, sarcastic intent towards people with no samplers and even less intelligence. I would go free reign crazy on such people, but I believe I am done with theat phase of my life. Now, I must move on to being generally insane. Insane at your computer desk filled with STUPH. My god, that's a lot of STUPH you got there. I want that stuph. Be wary: For one day, when you return home from one of your trips interstate, all your STUPH may have been mysteriously vanished via mysterious sources.

MC_Huggies: I find it disturbing that you, D-Mac_Double and Depp_X have tried to imitate my voice and/or do so on a regular basis. It's flattering, yet disturbing at the same time. Why, the next time I wander into a Yahoo! Voicechat and hear someone talking just like me, I'll think to myself, "My god! What is my voice doing coming out of another person's name? Perhaps they have stolen my voice from me while I slept, and cloned it in some nefarious scheme!" And then I'd go cuckoo and break into people's houses and try cutting out their vocal chords screaming, "GIVE ME BACK MY WORDS, YOU THIEVER OF MY VOICE!" You can't say it won't happen because it hasn't happened yet. And that would make a darned good title for some steamy romance novel too: "Thiever of my Voice". Or maybe a comedic cat-burglar caper. I'm sane.

D-Mac_Double: Done and done, chibi_lila has been removed from the roster. And keep up the good work with the first post thang! Sure, people keep skipping it, but at least when we yell at them, we have a legitimate reason to do so when the instructions are RIGHT THERE AT THE TOP.

LeonTheAlchemist: What continues to boggle my mind is how many people come here, expecting to join a voice acting club, WITHOUT A MICROPHONE. I mean, it's easily rectified by a quick trip to any computer electronics store and plunking down some cash for a $10 mouthpiece but GAWD. People. Stop for a moment and think, "Do I have the proper equipment to demonstrate my voice acting mad l337 ski11z?". I suppose this club is a little "hands-on" than most in the Clubs & Crew section of the NG BBS though, so I guess people can be confused.... But then how do they expect to do voice acting for flashes when they do not possess a microphone? It's almost Zen-like: "What is the sound of one hand clapping?", "If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?", "How does one commit to the task of voice acting for flashes, when one possesses not a microphone?" Crazy.

topleka: *gasps* You doth praise me too much. That makes me extremely excited with LUST brought on by said PRAISE. I call it: PRAISE-LUST. Wear this Sailor Moon costume and let's get BUSAH! *holds up a sailor moon costume with a weird sparkle in my eye* Oh wait, this one's mine. I love the feel of skin-tight lycra and badly fitting coloured wigs on my body. @_@

Revenge_Is_Fun: A woman who collects action figures? You're my kind of lady. Rworl. Oh, why are the good ones always taken/young/an ocean away! It's an infernal fate, I tell you! ;_;

TESM: That Ren and Stimpy Season 1 and 2 DVD boxset will someday be mine. YES! IT WILL BE MINE! And it better not be nostalgia that's lying to me that it's good, damnit!

49Animations: I'm still here, just not posting as often as I used to, that's all! Still here and very much alive, much to the chagrin of those who secretly want me dead! I know who you are! You'll never get me, you filthy would-be psychic murderers! YOUR WAVES OF PSYCHIC MURDERING ENERGY DOTH NOT AFFECT ME IN THE LEAST! HA! Paranoia is what keeps me alive and sane. It's also what's for dinner. Mmmmmm.... A steaming pile of paranoia.

cajunthief: I have no idea why you're having so much trouble with uploading stuff and linking it here, but none of the links you posted so far work. Look, next time you upload something, try downloading it yourself to see if the link actually worked BEFORE posting it here. Saves you a lot of time and trouble posting and then getting frustrated afterwards when it doesn't work. And listen to D-Mac_Double, since he seems to know what he's on about.

THE MEGAPOST WILL RETURN

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 13:00:30

THE MEGAPOST IN: YOU ONLY POST TWICE

TripleArrow: I'd actually prefer it if you didn't link to specific sections because then it ruins the layout with a complete lack of a menu bar on the left-hand side. That's why there's a little warning in the title of the page. Just keep linking to http://homepages.ihu..m.au/~omahdon/NGVAC/
and tell people what sections they should be checking out by using the menu on the left, or something. Don't break my layout. It's much too elegant to be broken. Like art that isn't scratch-n-sniff.

AudioTransmitter7000: You've never actually submitted a proper "profile with a sample", I think, which is why I never added you. I mean it when I say that everyone who wants to be added to the NGVAC roster (either Temp or Mainstay) need to submit a pretty profile with all the trimmings. I'm a very hard man with hard rules and a hard drinking lifestyle. Sometimes I'm so drunk I meet sobriety on the other side.

Kerreck-Resputin: It would really help if you took deep, long breaths and not post in this thread at the speed of thought. This is a BBS messageboard, not an IM service. If you want to type one-liner posts, keep it in that IM chat program. That is where it belongs and that is where it should stay. When you have something to say here, try to make sure you try to get it all down in a single go and not have to come back ten seconds later with a mini update.... And then another.... And then another.... And THEN another. The thread isn't going to go any where, any time soon, and reading one big post is easier on the eyes than a lot of little posts that are only a couple of words long. Plus, wordy posts make you look smarter than you really are, especially when you type a lot like this. I must be an absolute friggin' genius with the size of my megaposts.

Jerma: The chaos that is "The Interweb" has invaded our little sanctuary, bringing us such wonderous gifts as "stupidity", "4th grade level education" and "l337". We are the poorer for its prescence.

BTW, as a general disclaimer if people want to get in contact with me (and its deadly urgent), please EMAIL me. I'm not checking up on this board as often as I used to, so I may miss some stuff. I have no idea why I've become this popular now that I'm not checking the thread that often (and hence liable to miss messages directed at me), but my email's at the top there linked to the "contact me" button.

Oh, and I'm glad some people are actually referring people with those frequently asked questions they keep asking to the FAQ on the Newgrounds Voice Acting Club Roster.... Where one's FAQs about the club are FAed. And good job to the people putting up those first posts on every page: D-Mac_Double and TripleArrow, I really appreciate the work you guys are doing there!

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 13:01:58

And now for the profiles with the samplers and the reviews and the things. First of all, the usual general warning disclaimer message thingie:

Every single bleedin' one of you right bloody bastards who submit a bleedin' profile without a bloody sampler! Imma gonna cut you right-bloody-up, you bleeder!
PROS: Nothing
CONS: Everything
VERDICT: If you want to join the club, check out the Want to Join? section of the Newgrounds Voice Acting Club Roster. It'll provide the details for how to join, as well as help on how to fill the requirements. PLEASE DO NOT POST A PROFILE WITHOUT A SAMPLER UPLOADED SOMEWHERE FOR DOWNLOAD. DO NOT SAY "I'LL MAKE ONE LATER" OR "I'll GET A MICROPHONE IN THREE MONTHS" OR "EMAIL ME FOR SAMPLES PLZ, K?". GET A SAMPLER, HAVE IT UPLOADED AND LINK IT BEFORE POSTING YOUR PROFILE. THIS IS NOT A NEGOTIABLE POINT. THIS MESSAGE IS IN ALL-CAPS AND BOLDED FOR A REASON. SORRY IF IT SEEMS REPETITIVE, I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE THIS POINT WAS CONVEYED PROPERLY. Finally, this is a VOICE ACTING club. It is not a I CAN DO ALL THESE VOICES THAT I DON'T HAVE TO PROVE I CAN DO BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A MIC club. Don't try and join if you don't have a working microphone. That's just plain stupid.

And now, for the rest!

Shuko (210 and 211)
PROS: You actually have an example. You have mastered the first step.
CONS: You have your examples in .wav format. You have stumbled and broken both your knees on the second step. Like, ow.
VERDICT: Get an mp3 encoder. Make sure you're recording in 44-KHz, 16-bit mono quality at LEAST. Check yourself in for some tender Audacity love and care.

errrrr... Whoops. This is the first time I've had to deal with someone who submitted their profile THREE TIMES. @_@;;; Gimme a break, I ain't gettin' paid none fer dis dang thang.

Shuko (212)
PROS: Your speaking demo shows off a variety of different voices you can do, and they ARE fairly different and distinct from one another in personality/age. Your singing clip is very pleasant to listen to, indeed! You have a very pleasant voice I can imagine many a softly whispered song with a quiet, underlying strength would go well with. Your recordings are clean and free of static and background noise, if a little bit on the quiet side.
CONS: I realise that you're trying to maintain the same speed in all your voices for the speaking demo because you're basically saying one sentence with all the different voices kicking in at various points.... However, mixing in a greater variety of emotions, tones and reading speeds could really liven it up and make the listener go "Wow! That IS a lot of different voices!". Maybe even putting a different BGM for each of the voices you do would make them stand out more. Like, switch BGM every time a new voice comes up. It's a sneaky method of differentiating and enchancing your performance, which is why every single pro VA does it for their demo.

I don't really know much about singing (I'm rather terrible at it) but I noticed that "high energy" doesn't really seem to be your thing. You have a very relaxed manner for singing, so your Japanese singing, while miles better than anything I can do, sounds a little strained. It sounds like you're trying not to belt it out and let go and keep the song down a certain level, which doesn't quite work for an upbeat and fast-paced song like "I'm a Pioneer".

Finally, your recordings are clean, but a little soft. Most Flash animators have no idea how to balance their volumes properly, so there's a possibility your voice will be lost in the EXTREMELY LOUD SFX AND MUSIC. My recommendation would be to up the current volume you have by about 6, 9 or even 15dB or so.
VERDICT: Welcome to the Mainstay Roster! You have two nicely done and organised samplers recorded especially for joining the club! Very well done, indeed! I will add you to the roster next time I update the roster page.

harleychic (217)
PROS: A nice variety of voices, good recording quality relatively free of noise. I like the melancholy mood of your voice sampler. Makes me think of a movie trailer for a summer blockbuster that hasn't been made yet.
CONS: Very much on the slow-paced side, with large gaps with nothing but music between speaking parts. Noticeable clicks when you turn the microphone/recording on and off. The swelling music completely overpowers one of your voices at some point, making it sound weak and ineffectual.
VERDICT: Well, I'm very much undecided as to whether I should put you in the Mainstay or Temp Roster. You have a good voice, and you seem to know what you're doing in terms of recording and getting roles, which should put you in the Mainstay. On the otherhand, your demo seems to need a little more work to be truly impressive. Try fitting more voices in that one and a half minutes. I can't really say how good I am, but I too tend to build up samplers around the theme of "A trailer for a movie that will never be, but you wish it would cause it'd be awesome", so if you want, you can try modelling your sampler after mine? Boy, that doesn't sound arrogant. Anyway, check this out.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 13:46:04

im getting stuck at the listening part

i downloaded the converter but it didnt do anything so i unistalled it.

so youre saying i have to download the converter, change it to a wav, and put it on filebucket.

ill try, what kind of converter did you use? the one i used didnt/seems to have not wroked.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 14:06:49

At 7/13/05 01:01 PM, Omahdon wrote:

:*I* am the shadow that creeps in the night!

Oh, so you're a DW Duck fan too, eh? :D Good taste!

At 7/13/05 01:01 PM, Omahdon wrote: Shuko (210 and 211)
PROS: You actually have an example. You have mastered the first step.
CONS: You have your examples in .wav format. You have stumbled and broken both your knees on the second step. Like, ow.
VERDICT: Get an mp3 encoder. Make sure you're recording in 44-KHz, 16-bit mono quality at LEAST. Check yourself in for some tender Audacity love and care.

errrrr... Whoops. This is the first time I've had to deal with someone who submitted their profile THREE TIMES. @_@;;; Gimme a break, I ain't gettin' paid none fer dis dang thang.

Gomen ne, Ohmadon-san! I'll be good! >_< Sorry for the boo-boos!

At 7/13/05 01:01 PM, Omahdon wrote: Shuko (212)
PROS: Your speaking demo shows off a variety of different voices you can do, and they ARE fairly different and distinct from one another in personality/age. Your singing clip is very pleasant to listen to, indeed! You have a very pleasant voice I can imagine many a softly whispered song with a quiet, underlying strength would go well with. Your recordings are clean and free of static and background noise, if a little bit on the quiet side.
CONS: I realise that you're trying to maintain the same speed in all your voices for the speaking demo because you're basically saying one sentence with all the different voices kicking in at various points.... However, mixing in a greater variety of emotions, tones and reading speeds could really liven it up and make the listener go "Wow! That IS a lot of different voices!". Maybe even putting a different BGM for each of the voices you do would make them stand out more. Like, switch BGM every time a new voice comes up. It's a sneaky method of differentiating and enchancing your performance, which is why every single pro VA does it for their demo.

I don't really know much about singing (I'm rather terrible at it) but I noticed that "high energy" doesn't really seem to be your thing. You have a very relaxed manner for singing, so your Japanese singing, while miles better than anything I can do, sounds a little strained. It sounds like you're trying not to belt it out and let go and keep the song down a certain level, which doesn't quite work for an upbeat and fast-paced song like "I'm a Pioneer".

*Sigh*... You noticed that, huh? :P Yeah, I think I'll just replace that with my Sailor Moon one or something. I wanted to try something different, but you're right; it's just not my style. Maybe I'll go with one that I used in an Anime Karaoke contest... the Laputa theme IS more to my taste anyway... *mumbles* ~_~

At 7/13/05 01:01 PM, Omahdon wrote: Finally, your recordings are clean, but a little soft. Most Flash animators have no idea how to balance their volumes properly, so there's a possibility your voice will be lost in the EXTREMELY LOUD SFX AND MUSIC. My recommendation would be to up the current volume you have by about 6, 9 or even 15dB or so.

Yeah, I wondered about that too. I have difficulties though; when I turn the volume up that much, it sounds weird and... "buzzy"? I don't know the real way to express it, lol. But I'll try harder. :D I wanna give a more accurate depiction of my range.

At 7/13/05 01:01 PM, Omahdon wrote: VERDICT: Welcome to the Mainstay Roster! You have two nicely done and organised samplers recorded especially for joining the club! Very well done, indeed! I will add you to the roster next time I update the roster page.

Thanks for the review! Its thoroughness leaves me awed and impressed much! :D When and if I make better demos, should I post the links to them here? When you go through and make another "Mega-post," that would be included, neee Ohmadon-sama?

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 14:19:50

At 7/13/05 01:46 PM, cajunthief wrote: im getting stuck at the listening part

i downloaded the converter but it didnt do anything so i unistalled it.

so youre saying i have to download the converter, change it to a wav, and put it on filebucket.

ill try, what kind of converter did you use? the one i used didnt/seems to have not wroked.

The converter on its own doesn't do anything. It's meant to work in conjunction with audio editing software. That's why I said to put it into your Audacity directory. ^_~ It's the software that'll use it.

If you're using Sound Recorder, your clips should already be in wav format, but if you want MP3, that doesn't help. You need to piece them all together in Audacity, and then convert the whole thing to MP3. And if Audacity can get to the LAME converter, that'll work. Here; lemme fish up the link...

*goes to download.com to find LAME...*

Okay. Here is the instructions page for installing the LAME encoder to be used with Audacity:
http://www-users.yor..dacityHelp.html#LAME

And here is the download page:
http://www-users.yor..0/audacity/lame.html

Once you've downloaded the lame decoder, just follow the instructions on the instructions page. It's really not that bad. ^_~ just remember which folder you've downloaded lame to, and everything else will fall into place. Good luck!

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 14:23:45

At 7/13/05 01:46 PM, cajunthief wrote: Blah blah blah.

Geez, not too computer friendly are we?!
It's been awhile since I did this so bare with my poor memory.

Down load the LAME 3.97 alpha 11 from here !!!

Once the file is downloaded you should see a file called "Lame_enc.dll" somewhere in the pile of files you just downloaded. Remeber where you save all this junk on your Hard Drive. You need to find it for Audacity.

Record something in Audacity.

To save as Mp3 go to "File" then "Export as Mp3". You'll be prompted for the "Lame_enc.dll" Find it for the stupid program. You only have to do this once.

I believe that's it. Now you can save as Mp3. Using that crappy program. Cheers!

/b/

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 14:26:08

I don't mind not being added but I'd respect that I could be in the temporary at least.. I have done hard work like many others.. I don't deserve it, I don't demand it.. I'd just respect it..

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 14:41:45

So none of you can help out with the Gir voice? Fair enough. But do you guys know anywhere else that offers voluntary voice acting?

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 14:54:47

thanks guys,
i will try this way out but im away from my computer(laptop)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 15:00:21

I've got a problem. I wanted to join the NGVAC and my computer has been working better, but for soem reason, I can't get my MP3 fiel to upload to any webpage and the e-mails wont go through to Eliar of chibli.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 15:04:45

At 7/13/05 01:46 PM, cajunthief wrote:
Blah blah blah.

You're also having trouble uploading !!!

Your using Ripway.com right?
That one sucks. I don't use that.

But here's what I'd do:

Create Account

Go to "My Files"

Go to "Upload Files"

Go to any of the "Browse... "

Find your MP3 you want to upload.

Upload.

Go to "Click here to continue!"

You should now see you file you just uploaded highlighted in blue. Right click on this file and go to "Properties"

Notice the "Address (URL)" Copy that entire link you see.

Paste that into the "Link" option at Newgrounds BBS.

That should work.
Now your voice better be good. Because everyone is listening...

/b/

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 15:18:04

At 7/13/05 03:00 PM, Kerreck-Resputin wrote: I've got a problem. I wanted to join the NGVAC and my computer has been working better, but for soem reason, I can't get my MP3 fiel to upload to any webpage and the e-mails wont go through to Eliar of chibli.

Hmm... Don't know.
You might have a pop-up blocker or something installed. Disable it or try holding down the "ctrl" key before/while uploading any file to bypass the pop-up blocker.

/b/

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 15:29:12

:At 7/13/05 03:00 PM, Kerreck-Resputin wrote:

I've got a problem. I wanted to join the NGVAC and my computer has been working better, but for soem reason, I can't get my MP3 fiel to upload to any webpage and the e-mails wont go through to Eliar of chibli.

Is it a file size issue? A lot of file hosting services have file size limits. I know that theFilebucket.com has a 2 megabyte limit... :| Anyway, try to be more descriptive. Exactly what is it you're having trouble with?

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 15:29:57

I see click here to continue but i dont see anything after that

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 15:45:18

At 7/13/05 02:41 PM, -Steven- wrote: So none of you can help out with the Gir voice? Fair enough. But do you guys know anywhere else that offers voluntary voice acting?

I couldn't get my voice that high pitched without helium, lol. And my brain cells are few and far between as it is; I don't need to inhale copius amounts of helium for a part...

I don't know of any other place that offers free voice acting. :( But surely there's someone around here who can do Gir's voice. Honestly, I didn't know what he sounded like, so I didn't reply, out of embarrassed ignorance. I don't watch Invader Zim, lol. Well, to help others who might have been in my predicament, here's a link to a Gir soundboard. This'll give you an idea of how his voice sounds:

http://www.theflashg.._soundboard-swf.html

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 15:48:57

I have finaly got Ripway to host my file thx to that tip abotu Ctrl. However, as a complete idiot, I don't know how to make a link......help? DOn't hate me. Alos, the reason I keep forgeting to put everything in one message is because, I have a horrible memory. I forget things 2 seconds after I'm told them, or I think them. If your happy, though, I stuck both of those ideas in one message.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 15:49:10

At 7/13/05 03:29 PM, cajunthief wrote: I see click here to continue but i dont see anything after that

What did you do up until the point that "Click here to continue" appeared?

Also, check the directory that you specified (if you've gotten to the point where you can export it). It's not very descriptive; it may have already exported your sound. Check to make sure your MP3 isn't already in that directory. :)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 15:50:11

Yes, people! USE THE SOUNDBOARD!

Please.

Also, you don't have to worry about the high pitch. If you're a few semitones in range, I can fix that anyway.

Then I need to find the 'robotic' sort of after-effects...

Well, don't be shy, folks!

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 15:55:18

Cajun thief. Ripway is ace and easy to use. Just make sure you signed up for free file sharing and not a website. MAke sure that when you record a sound byte You export it in the file menu from audacity as an MP3 I noticed in one of your earlier post that it was a .bak file... WTF mate whered you grab that file? Those are apart of a combination of files that make up adaucity project files which you can open up and edit, with out importing them like a sound file. On ripway just sign up and make sure you bookmark your file page, and make sure ripway remembers your name and password and its easy to use. Its never given me any of the troubles of which you seem to be havin. Once youve played and test your sound file for quality, Which all good voice actors should do, Upload it onto your files page on ripway then click the continue link. After that it should provide you with two seperate url's that will link to the sound bite and the sound bite should play in a sperate window if you click that url. It should be an Mp3 and nothin else. Test the link yourself before you post it as apart of your profile, simply paste the url into your browser and see what happens. If it dosent play your soundbyte like it should its verry unlikely that it will play for us. I hope this helps and dosent confuse you worse -_-'

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 16:04:56

I hvae fnaly got a voice demo up. I'm kinduv an amature at making voice demos, so I couldn't slash in music, so I played music in the background. If it sucks and someone has already said it, don't say it again. Once is enough.

My Newgrounds Username: Kerreck-Resputin, a.k.a. Colton Watt
Age Range:13-Realy Old(Actually 13......I lied in my file. So, sue me)
Speciality: Accents(Rustafarian, Scottich, Australian, ect.), Crying, Singing(definently singing) and any voice that makes fun of politicians(stupid bush)
Examples of Voice: http://home.ripway.c..3/VoiceSmaple4KR.mp3

Was to Contact: jugheadandrews@hotmail.com, same for MSN Messanger
Special Notes:I like to say CRAP!

So don't be offended by my swearing. I only say anytyhing higher than crap if I'm either realy ticked or its required! If my voice sample sucks, let me know. I can take it. I think it sucks myself.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 16:22:15

I work all day and I sleep all night,
Go to the bar and get in a fight.

I drive home, the woman nags,
Pockets full of cash and the woman's still a bag.

With the end of this song nearing.. I got much more to say..
But we all think this song.. is.. gay!

Whoa.. it's 4:21 PM and I am bored..

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 16:22:26

so wait

did my ripway page look like a free web sahring thingie

i honestly dont know.
im computer challenged (as everyone can see so far)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 16:30:14

Kerrick Rasputin

Well you should take a look at any of the girls demos, Elliars Toplekas and Kagomes ofcourse. They have what seem to be to me very professional souding demos. Mainly because they show case the wide variety of voices they can do with a music bed. Often times its amirriad of clips from stuff they've already done. What you did was a verry funny short Radio play and it showcased 4 or 5 of the voices you could do and this could indeed serve you as a demo reel. BUT! if you wanted to kick it up a notch you could try to model a different demo reel similar to the ones of the above peoples that I mentioned. I tried to model my demo reels after there format. even though mine still need a little work on levels or music bed.

When seeing if your lines sound right dose any one else here listen to something they've just recoreded with their eyes closed? Some times when A line sounds righ but something might be off I always close my eyes and listen to it a second time, and thats usually the final test for me. I dunno maybe im crazy-_-'

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 16:37:08

Well, I don't realy feel like making another ne just yet. That last one took me 2 hours to make, with bloopers and stuff. Then it took me another 3 hours to get it hosted. I'll work on another one....later....ya later.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 16:43:20

At 7/13/05 04:22 PM, cajunthief wrote: so wait

did my ripway page look like a free web sahring thingie

i honestly dont know.
im computer challenged (as everyone can see so far)

Actually, that might be it. And if you have Audacity, definetely save your file as an MP3. And then write your url similar to Kerreck-Resputin's demo.

Kerreck-Resputin That was good, but not great. It was funny, the impressions were decent but they all sorta sounded the same, except for slightly changed accents and stuff. And, in my opinion, (and this might be totally wrong so unless someone else says the same thing don't even listen to me) you should keep your demos politics free. Mainly because some people might disagree with your views and choose not to cast you...I don't know, that would be stupid but there are people who might do that. You also don't want people telling you that your views are incorrect saying crap like, "Bush isn't bombing Iraq for the sake of bombing Iraq! Let's fill the thread with a usless political debate!" and stuff. I don't know, I just think that a voice demo should server that purpose and only that purpose, to be a demonstration of your voice and not of your politics. I could be totally wrong and people will most likely tell me that is a dumb and pointless thing for me to say...oh well. Nice job overall, but it needs work.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-07-13 16:51:22

Well, unfortunetly its to late to delete it. I just did it because I can't do anything else. I can't copy any character si've heared in movies or video games......knwo that I think about it, I shouldn't even have thought I had a ghosts chance of getting inot this club. I cna't do any dcent impressions. I'm an actor, not a voice actor. My work shoyuld be on the stage not on the mic. I cna't be a voice actor.Plz disregard any wantings of me to be in this club.