00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mirenamak just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice Acting Club

665,388 Views | 12,685 Replies

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-06 11:27:29

We need to ask people to promote the VAC in their loading screens when we do voices for someone. I will be promoting it in mine if it ever gets finished.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-06 12:44:24

Frogs- If it were a REAL ninja party, you wouldn't have seen anybody there. :)

The VAC is not dead. It is, however, in a vegetative state on a hospital bed known as "summer," hooked up to intravenous pumps known as "sabbaticals." These so-called "sabbaticals" are pumping "fun" directly into it's bloodstream. The doctor said that the VAC should be walking again in a few. Let's just pray the hospital bill isn't too pricey.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-06 15:34:01

I wouldn't say the VAC is DEAD dead ... but it's something. Everyone is going through alot ... looking for jobs, graduating, let alone perhaps family issues at the moment or other personal stuff. It'll blow over I'm sure of it. I think our chat last night was cool ... it seemed alot of people showed up, no one was rude, and hey, Kagome said hey and stuff to everyone in just regular speaking voice. How much cooler can a chat get? Hmmm ... Elliair must pull the veil back and reveal herself!

-Hobbes

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-06 17:29:05

Yeah, the chat was fun, second one I went to. Though, like someone said, we not only got to the bottom of the barrel but dug a hole under it. I don't think the VAC is dying, its just summer. Give it a few months. I have been extremely busy lately and I assume most of us are. Things like this go in through phases, we are in the coma phase right now.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-06 17:58:19

At 6/6/05 03:34 PM, Hobbes_The_Prince wrote: Kagome said hey and stuff to everyone in just regular speaking voice.

Actually, I said I wanted to be whatever goes in Inuyasha's mouth. Because I didn't know what to say.
But I'm sure you didn't want to be reminded of that ;)

NG's Voice Actress! [ Resume | Voice Demo | Twitter ]

Formerly credited as Kagome; currently credited as Rina-chan.

Rescue me in Castle Crashers (I voice the princesses!)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-06 18:15:23

Actually, I said I wanted to be whatever goes in Inuyasha's mouth. Because I didn't know what to say.
But I'm sure you didn't want to be reminded of that ;)

Ah yes ... I remember that :Þ Yeah we had some interesting topics last night, that's for sure.

It's been kinda slow on the portal too ... I haven't seen anything I actually liked in a while. I wanna see more VA's in stuff so I can actually enjoy it.

-Hobbes

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-06 22:29:53

I'm not sure if you can post here if you are not part of the VA, so if I'm not supposed to, I'm sorry. Just wanted to say that I am planning on making a series of flash movies and I plan on having VA in it. I never liked many flash movies that didn't have any voice actors in it. I already spoke to Kagome the other day about it. If anyone is interested..oh I forgot, no posting of links...hmmm...well if anyone is interested email me at simon_magus2003@msn.com. I can give you some info about it, see if you are interested, and you could audtion for parts in it. I would perfer that anyone interested read what script I have thus far, and read the part of the story I have sent. There is a blog I have, but I will send you the link to that only if you are interested. I am developing my flash skills, so I am sorry if things are a bit slow, but I am learning. I have art from the flash on the blog also.

I have included this information because, yes, there are still authors out there trying to get flash done and need the VA's assistance. I think it would be a wonderful idea to have a nod to the VA in a flash movie if one of the club members is voice acting in that particular flash movie. It is summer, and things are slow, but I am trying to do this without making it look like some...well you've seen some of the stuff that has been hurried and submitted, so I won't go there. LOL.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-06 22:48:02

new computer!

sorry, i haven't been this excited since my SNES 12 years ago...

anyways, i hope to VA a lot more now now that i'm on a superior machine.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-06 23:47:35

UrbanWolf, nothing wrong with animators like yourself posting VA requests here. Heck it's one of the main reasons this club was created! =D

And of course there's no rule against posting links or any of your artwork either, so you're free to do so if you like.
I, and I'm pretty sure most of the other VAs here, would love to find out more about the project you're working on. =)

twitter.com/DevenOClock

Casting director, semi-retired from online voice acting. Sorry folks! You can still hear me in TOME, Reincarnation, and Wonders of the Universe!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-06 23:52:28

Hey! Thanks TVs_Slayer for the help!! the voices are amazing!! Thank you very much!

The cast---

Catsimony ............... Laura Fedora
Cpt-Angel................ KagomeHigurashi
Cpt-Karmotron ........... KagomeHigurashi
Captain Prego............ D_Mac_double
Old man.................. Omahdon (done)
Marcos................... open
Neto..................... Tvs_Slayer (done)
Arabe.................... Tvs_Slayer (done)

(Yahoo) anax_alagoas, (MSN / mail) anax_al@bol.com.br.
thanks to all

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-06 23:53:27

well good luck urban, i hope it is a successful project. Do not be discouraged by failure, but feed off it. work hard to do your best and results will not dissapoint. i'd like to voice if u have some stuff to show.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-06 23:56:53

I thought we couldn't post links...

Well in that case here is the blog link:

Sesjikai Blog

If you want the script story and stuff, email me, and I will send a synopsis...but it will be a spoiler.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 00:42:18

To whoever posted regarding artwork: Sure, please link to it when making an audition post. It helps out the VAs a lot for making a fitting voice if they can see what the characters look like. Only reason a few people got annoyed in the past was when producers were using the VAC to make constant updates on non-voice acting related parts of their production.

This was brought up pages ago but who else here has Skype? Add me, I'm kagomechan. I used to not use Skype much but got into it again today while talking to my three best friends EVER & VAs aka Treg, Lila & Seiyru~

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 01:48:17

Hey! Thanks to Drew to help me with my newest cartoon's story. We are editing the script. Maybe you can understand better the story and do the right emotion. When is done, I'll send the script again to: Laura Fedora, KagomeHigurashi, D_Mac_double, Tvs_Slayer, TESM.

The first half is done!
Thx
Anax

Voice Acting Club

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 02:42:47

At 6/7/05 12:43 AM, goldencherries wrote: kagomi you have a great voice

Thank you! *hug*

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 04:01:44

I got a question... If someone says you have a face for radio, do you (as a VA) take that as a compliment?... Or am I just a sad misguided person?....

On a more serious note, I'd like to thank everyone who helped me with voices for my flash. Even those who auditioned did great. I'm working on this flash like a mad man to get it done and I hope you all enjoy it. Once it's done and I've submitted it, I'll contact those with parts and possibly post here too to make sure.
Again, thanks you guys!

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 04:13:53

A good face for radio is an insult on your looks. It says nothing of your voice. But as VAs perhaps we can take that as a twisted around compliment.

Now, as one of the lucky few truly beautiful people in this world, this situation would never present itself to me. I mean... this face needs to be seen. It would be doing the human race a HUGE disservice to hide me away.

Seriously, VAing is just a springboard for me to launch me career as a male model. I have it all planned out. I'd show you the plans, but that's just what they'd be expecting...

The blue doctor is sad when he has to make house calls on tuesdays.

Shhh!!! the ants are listening and telling your parents about the global conspiracy...

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 04:14:56

At 6/7/05 04:01 AM, MC_Huggies wrote: I got a question... If someone says you have a face for radio, do you (as a VA) take that as a compliment?... Or am I just a sad misguided person?....

Whoever said that to you seems like a very ignorant person XD A...face...for radio?

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 05:01:09

-Frogs-: I guess I won't call in the blue doctor today then... :(

Kagome: lol Sorry, I guess the way I phrased that made it sound like someone said that to me.... which isn't the case at all. I just had a random and rather stupid thought is all. And out of curiosity, is Skype the one where you speak to people?

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 07:41:15

Yeah, it is.

DUDE!! DYNAMICS PROCESSING IS ONE OF THE COOLEST THINGS EVER.
I was listening to the demo of one of my AVA inspirations, Mizura-san, and figured she must have extremely professional recording equipment after listening to her demo, and she said she just used her laptop. O.o TamTu commented and said it was dynamics processing, and gave a link...
So I tried it. And it ROCKS. <3
Here I thought I'd have to spend an insane amount of money on all this new kind of hardware and I don't need to....Yay for dynamics processing in CoolEdit.
It made a LARGE difference in my demo.
Fangirlishness of it goes here.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 10:42:41

Thanks KagomeHigurashi for the cpt-Angel and cpt-carmotron example voices! They are great!!! But the the edited final script is almost done, and when it is done, I'll send you for mail, right? By the way, thx! You have a great talent!!

Anax

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 11:24:21

Well, I re-did my voice sample the other day, it will sometimes go through a few minor changes for a few days after it's done though. Anyway, as afraid as I am of what people might say can someone(s) please critique it? In return I will critique yours. Unfortunately, since geocites sucks and a direct link in the BBS probably won't work you'll have to go to my site (link in my sig) to hear it. Personally, I think it's good, at least it's a whole lot better than before. But I want to know what other people(s) think of it. Don't be afraid to give it to me straight, tell it like it is, etc. I can take it. thanks.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 14:19:02

At 6/7/05 01:48 AM, Anax wrote: Hey! Thanks to Drew to help me with my newest cartoon's story. We are editing the script. Maybe you can understand better the story and do the right emotion. When is done, I'll send the script again to: Laura Fedora, KagomeHigurashi, D_Mac_double, Tvs_Slayer, TESM.

I tried to send the Catsimony lines, but your inbox is full.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 16:18:12

At 6/7/05 11:24 AM, TripleArrow wrote: Well, I re-did my voice sample the other day, it will sometimes go through a few minor changes for a few days after it's done though. Anyway, as afraid as I am of what people might say can someone(s) please critique it? In return I will critique yours. Unfortunately, since geocites sucks and a direct link in the BBS probably won't work you'll have to go to my site (link in my sig) to hear it. Personally, I think it's good, at least it's a whole lot better than before. But I want to know what other people(s) think of it. Don't be afraid to give it to me straight, tell it like it is, etc. I can take it. thanks.

OK, I've listened ^.^

Good stuff: You don't have static in your lines. You can do accents and old men, and the coach voice rocks lol. It was also creative and different from most other demo's I've heard, and overall it just sounds good.

Bad stuff: Some of the voices could have used a little more emotion to make them sound more believable, so they actually sound like whatever character you're imagining instead of someone trying to do a *voice* of whatever character you're imagining. You might want to work on a slightly bigger range (higher, lower, etc) and maybe add some background music to make it sound more professional. Other than that, no complaints really.

You said you'd critique mine in return, so you may also give it to me straight and tell what needs to be improved :) Thanks.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 16:32:49

Having a 'face for radio' is more like a... phrase used to tell you that your voice should belong on radio in such a way that your voice can give justice/image to your face. i know when i listen to the radio, i can envision someone's face.

i think that's a good compliment. and thank anax, you got some good motivation, and some skill that will be excellently refined in time.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 16:51:38

At 6/7/05 04:32 PM, TESM wrote: i know when i listen to the radio, i can envision someone's face.

Yeah I do that too, but only for the radio. I think that if I start to imagine what a person looks like in something with VAs, that probably means that the voice used for the character isn't believable. That's why it's important to cast voices that fit the character. It shouldn't depend entirely on whether that person is a good VA or not because some voices are just not meant for certain parts.
And from this point on I'm going to take "you have a face for radio" as a compliment... that is if anyone EVER says that to me >_<;

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 19:10:02

well, your face looks sort of like a radio...

but a key factor for all VA's is to be the character they are, anyone can say lines with force or emotion, but when you delve deeper into the character you get something that helps you invision the person behind it that much better.

however, some of the best voice actors/actresses are the ones who can do a voice, make you invision a face, and have it be completely off from your guess. that way, you know that the VA was very talented about omitting his base sound.

too much?

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 19:14:57

At 6/7/05 07:10 PM, TESM wrote: however, some of the best voice actors/actresses are the ones who can do a voice, make you invision a face, and have it be completely off from your guess. that way, you know that the VA was very talented about omitting his base sound.

Do you have any advice on how to do that? Unfortunately a lot of voices still kinda sound like me in some way and I'd like to figure out how to omit that. Or at least make dialogues that sound like two completely different characters talking.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 19:54:08

At 6/7/05 04:18 PM, KagomeHigurashi wrote: OK, I've listened ^.^

Good stuff: You don't have static in your lines. You can do accents and old men, and the coach voice rocks lol. It was also creative and different from most other demo's I've heard, and overall it just sounds good.

Bad stuff: Some of the voices could have used a little more emotion to make them sound more believable, so they actually sound like whatever character you're imagining instead of someone trying to do a *voice* of whatever character you're imagining. You might want to work on a slightly bigger range (higher, lower, etc) and maybe add some background music to make it sound more professional. Other than that, no complaints really.

You said you'd critique mine in return, so you may also give it to me straight and tell what needs to be improved :) Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback, some of those I also noticed needed more emotion and stuff. I was thinking of putting music on it but I didn't know what to use, I could write something I suppose. I'm working on some other ones to put on there, including some higher and lower ones.

As for yours, I listened to it as well. most exellent range and a very nice variety of voices. I also loved the emotion put into the acting. The music fits and really does add a professional feel to it. No static or pops to speak of, so very nice sound quality. Also, I recognized some of the lines, such as stuff from FLCL and FFX-2, nice character impressions. Overall a very nice anime voice, nice variety and great acting. I'm trying to think of something that needs work...the only thing I can think of is (and I run into this as well, not easy to fix) when you do louder voices (screams etc.) it cuts off part of the wave because it's too loud for the mic...don't know exactly how to descibe it but you probably know what I mean, the only way I can think to fix it is when you do a scream or something, bring the mic away from your face and then closer again once you start talking normally. Again, I run into this problem too and its hard or maybe impossible to fix but that really is the only thing I noticed that needed work. Very nice.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-07 23:29:00

Do you have any advice on how to do that? Unfortunately a lot of voices still kinda sound like me in some way and I'd like to figure out how to omit that. Or at least make dialogues that sound like two completely different characters talking.

u'd have to talk to me on YIM or AIM or something, it's hard to explain in choppy waves of thought.