00:00
00:00

Voice Acting Club

553,158 Views | 13,158 Replies

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 12:15:32

And now to return to my rant on the GOOD and the BAD of voice acting! Actually, this following example might be considered UGLY voice acting.

And bad voice acting? Dragonball Z. But wait! Not the North American dub. Oh nosiree. That's practical GOD-LIKE compared to.... THE MALAYSIAN ENGRISH DUB! I bought a tape of one of the DBZ OAVs in Malaysia a long time ago, not knowing what to expect. When I first popped it in the VCR, I thought they were speaking Japanese. And then I realised that I could understand a word or two in there. And then I realised that they were actually speaking some horrible rendition of ENGLISH. Y'see, what happened was there was a Malaysian dubbed version of DBZ at the time, and it was decided the best way to expand to the English-speaking market of Malaysia (admittedly tiny as a tiny acorn thingma) was to have those Malaysian actors do an English version as well. And the results.... Well, you've just read them. So the next time you people whine and complain about your so-called "crappy, talentless, no-good hacks" in the US voiceover industry.... Spare a thought.... To that Malaysian Engrish dubbed version of Dragonball Z. And shudder with relief that you dodged that particular bullet.

And that was a long reply to a single person's post. Let us move on.

Hobbes_The_Prince: I wish your son a belated happy birthday. May he live long and prosper. And have the Force with him. And may the water he drinks not shine back at him in the dark. Yup. ANd I'd be happy to get into the hole of talent you mentioned for Newgrounds' Survivor, as long as everybody's showered first and doesn't smell too bad. And hey, if we're comparing the fall in memberage of NGVAC with the fall of Jedi in ROTS, all I gotta say is: Screw that, I'm becoming a clone trooper and surviving the goddamn carnage! KILL ALL JEDI!

Jerma: You seem a bit bitter about the whole voice imitation thing. You need a cookie and lots of love. I'm not going to get into the whole imitations versus THE REAL DEAL VOICE ACTING RAAAWWWWAAAAARRRZZZZSS1211211!@@#####!!!!!! battle or whatnot.... So I won't. Next post!

KagomeHigurashi: Try being owned by people with one day's experience when you have been kicking around for FIVE YEARS. It's not pretty. But in the end, if you stay and they disappear after one or two roles, what difference does their talent make? And even if they stick around, you've got experience under your belt and you've got advantages in certain areas of vocal control they probably haven't even heard of yet. And anyway, you have to realise that there will always be someone who's better than you at something, so you gotta keep your head screwed on right and realise you have your own unique abilities. And one other thing: talent is one thing, but longetivity and reliability should be equally considered, as well.

In the end however, it's up to you what you want to do. Sticking with something you're good at usually ends up being heartbreaking. When you reach a certain level, you realise you're not as good at it as you thought you were and now that you're knee-deep in the hard stuff you don't have enough of an interest in it to keep going. That's what happened to me and Computer Systems Engineering. I took that course in University, thinking that since I was good at computers, I'd do well in it. 4 years and a mental breakdown later, I realised that being good in something doesn't necessarily mean you LIKE it. Find something you like to do. Something that you'll stick to even in the hardest and darkest of times. If you can do that, you're probably one of the lucky human beings who managed to be honest enough to break through to that level.

t0ast: Ooooooooh. Nice. I agree with your large-posted sentimonies. STAYING POWER RULES!

Isca: Will this vengeance be filled with justice? JUSTICE VENGEANCE: The Movie. This Time It's Collateral. And congrats on that new job and your newfound resolute strength and

bigdsloan: Try emailing HollywoodSound for advice directly. His email is available in the roster

Gamesdisk: Welcome back. May the Jello be with you. Always.

Frogs: Sorry to hear you got the boot. Perhaps you should commit a final day prank in order to avenge your unfair retrenchment. For that would be a great way to go. Possibly a slow time-delayed final prank so you can get your severance packet before they discover the horrible truth of that smell in the ventilation system.

olaftheblue: Inspiring wisdom there. Words of improvement are never welcomed, but always sought. Strange that, sometimes.

Yes! In the midst of the decaying ruins of the NGVAC thread! It is up to ME to ressurect it with my splendiferous overly wordy megaposts! Yes, I shall stride boldly into the wasteland, braving the great unknowns of non-postoingdom and bring back fresh kills for all here to consume and revive this thread once more! Needless to say, we are all doomed. You may begin dispensing water out of your tearducts now.

Anyway since I have this space left at the bottom (1,200 characters or so remaining! Ooooooh....) I shall talk about something in order to liven the mood of all here. So. Anyway. That there voice acting thang. It shore is an interesting hobby, y'know. Ayup. Really interesting. Really, really interesting. Rats, I'm no good at this if my thoughts aren't focussed on something! Erm..... erm.... A question! Yes, I shall ask an excellent voice acting related question that no one has ever, in the history of this entire thread has ever asked before! It shall be an awesome question too! One which would totally floor you completely! Okay! Here we go!

Since almost every single professional voice actor in existence has a second name in order to work around the stupid acting guilds and regulations.... What would be YOUR second name to fool around and get more voice acting jobs than you're supposed to? Or would you do something as underhanded as that?

Me? I already got one: Omahdon. All I need to do is add a last name and I'm all set! How about.... Omahdon Lee? Cornelius Omahdon? Phillip Omahdon Fry! The possibilities are near limitless! Apart from the fact that I'm asian and it'd look weird if I didn't have at least an Asian looking last name. Or maybe I'd choose a last name that COULD be asian but at the same time it might not be!

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 12:18:44

And now some profile reviews and replies to various people who wanted to join.

SexPistolFiend
All Who Wish To Join The VAC: Click right here.
When joining, remember: NEVER post your profile when joining UNLESS you have a demo of your voice ready and you've uploaded it on a website for easy access! Yes! THAT MEANS YOU! Ignore this requirement when joining and you will be beaten severely with a banana. And it will hurt. A lot.

SuperMarioFan2004 (160)
PROS: Nothing
CONS: Everything
VERDICT: If you want to join the club, check out the How to Join? section of the Newgrounds' Voice Acting Club Roster. It'll provide the details for how to join, as well as help on how to fill the requirements. PLEASE DO NOT POST A PROFILE WITHOUT A SAMPLER UPLOADED SOMEWHERE FOR DOWNLOAD. DO NOT SAY "I'LL MAKE ONE LATER" OR "I'll GET A MICROPHONE IN THREE MONTHS" OR "EMAIL ME FOR SAMPLES PLZ, K?". GET A SAMPLER, HAVE IT UPLOADED AND LINK IT BEFORE POSTING YOUR PROFILE. THIS IS NOT A NEGOTIABLE POINT. THIS MESSAGE IS IN ALL-CAPS AND BOLDED FOR A REASON. SORRY IF IT SEEMS REPETITIVE, I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE THIS POINT WAS CONVEYED PROPERLY. Finally, this is a VOICE ACTING club. It is not a I CAN DO ALL THESE VOICES THAT I DON'T HAVE TO PROVE I CAN DO BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A MIC club. Don't try and join if you don't have a working microphone. That's just plain stupid.

MetalAngel (160)
PROS: You've got a nice variety of voices in that clip you got there.
CONS: You're being dragged down by less-than-average sound quality.
VERDICT: Try recording and saving in something more than 22KHz 8-Bit resolution. 44KHz 16-bit would be best. Stay away from Sound Recorder and try Audacity on for size.

bigdsloan (162)
PROS: Nothing
CONS: Everything
VERDICT: If you want to join the club, check out the How to Join? section of the Newgrounds' Voice Acting Club Roster. It'll provide the details for how to join, as well as help on how to fill the requirements. PLEASE DO NOT POST A PROFILE WITHOUT A SAMPLER UPLOADED SOMEWHERE FOR DOWNLOAD. DO NOT SAY "I'LL MAKE ONE LATER" OR "I'll GET A MICROPHONE IN THREE MONTHS" OR "EMAIL ME FOR SAMPLES PLZ, K?". GET A SAMPLER, HAVE IT UPLOADED AND LINK IT BEFORE POSTING YOUR PROFILE. THIS IS NOT A NEGOTIABLE POINT. THIS MESSAGE IS IN ALL-CAPS AND BOLDED FOR A REASON. SORRY IF IT SEEMS REPETITIVE, I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE THIS POINT WAS CONVEYED PROPERLY. Finally, this is a VOICE ACTING club. It is not a I CAN DO ALL THESE VOICES THAT I DON'T HAVE TO PROVE I CAN DO BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A MIC club. Don't try and join if you don't have a working microphone. That's just plain stupid.

-GP (163)
PROS: You actually have an example. You have mastered the first step.
CONS: You have your example in .wav format. You have stumbled and broken both your knees on the second step. Like, ow.
VERDICT: Get an mp3 encoder. Make sure you're recording in 44-KHz, 16-bit mono quality at LEAST. Check yourself in for some tender Audacity love and care.

KakiharaTheKiller (164)
PROS: You actually have an example. You have mastered the first step.
CONS: You have your example in .wav format. You have stumbled and broken both your knees on the second step. Like, ow.
VERDICT: Get an mp3 encoder. Make sure you're recording in 44-KHz, 16-bit mono quality at LEAST. Check yourself in for some tender Audacity love and care.

Man, the process of accepting applicants has become a lot easier since I've lined everybody up into a production-line like format. I'm not sure if this is a good thing. The NGVAC becoming more corporate-like? Definitely not cool.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 15:57:16

The hell did I miss in here? Suddenly everyone is proclaiming the club to be dead and now the leader quits. Meh, not a whole lot I could say that'd help things I suppose. Though I did have a project idea in mind, and I suppose I might as well still send the e-mail out, cause talking about it here would make people very angry and upset and whatnot.

Er, back to the subject.

I forgot the subject, hold up.

Oh yeah, the subject.

Oh wait, I already said I wasn't gonna say anything.

Ah hell, I'll just send that damn e-mail, no one even reads these posts this far anyways.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 16:00:22

Kagome didn't quit...

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 16:18:28

LOL, Omahdon, you made me laugh so hard with that Malaysia thing.

And about what you said, I certainly have interest in voice acting, but wouldn't it be better to go for areas which I am more skilled in? I originally wanted to be a singer, so that's probably something I will start working on more now. Which means I can still come to VAC Idol! [evil laugh]

A report on video games? Rock on.

Shock_Dingo, it's good to have you back, and knowing I can count on you for monster voices ;) I'd make more progress on the Inu dub except that I'm waiting for lines from like everyone except Treg.

Oh, regarding acting names, mine's Kira. It sounds *almost* Japanese but not enough to where people go "OMG WASIAN!!11" and still has to be written in katakana, and I actually got it from a character for an original Flash series I'd written. :3 As much as I love Kagome, you need a "real" name for doing most voice work outside of the internet...

Tvs_Slayer: As Kenny said, I didn't quit. I'm still making this post, aren't I?

NG's Voice Actress! [ Resume | Voice Demo | Twitter ]

Formerly credited as Kagome; currently credited as Rina-chan.

Rescue me in Castle Crashers (I voice the princesses!)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 17:02:51

I'm just going to throw my hat into the whole imitation versus original voice thing.

I've been doing stupid voices for a very long time, much to the chagrin of my friends in the "real world" and I do imitations (some good, some very very bad) and original voices (some good, some very very bad), but I think imitations were the first step to learning how to create a voice from scratch. I mean, look at this bad analogy; students of musical composition study for years the music of other people, trying to mimic it. Once they are able to imitate the styles of others perfectly, it becomes easier for them to use that knowledge to create something completely new. I think it's the same principal for voicework. By doing imitations at first, you are developing the tools to create your own voices later on.

Just my opinion, of course.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 19:28:10

Alright guys ep.1 is done I want to thank Kagome GP and Mc huggies for helping me.
stories or legends

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 20:06:33

At 6/3/05 03:57 PM, TVs_Slayer wrote: Ah hell, I'll just send that damn e-mail, no one even reads these posts this far anyways.

I read it! man...I have no life. -________________________-

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 20:44:43

At 6/3/05 08:06 PM, KitsuneSqueak wrote:
I read it! man...I have no life. -________________________-

Sigh, lot that says about me, being that I actually took the time out of my oh so busy life to type it...

Er, yeah, OmahDonCorleone said something in his pants creaming 3 part megapost about aliases. While I always fancied TV's Slayer as being the alias to my real name, it seems that TV's just evokes images of some dude in a black cloak slaughtering television sets with no remorse.

So I have been thinking about a new, better alias! Nevermind I've already got 20 different names... this one will be the kicker, end all of aliases. The one that will make people say 'who cares if he's a talentless hack and very unappealling to look at, he's got a cool sounding name we MUST have in our credits! Hire him NOW!!!'

The problem with the TV's Slayer is that its just not clearly defined. Some have offered up the television killer explanation for it, yet others have mentioned it as T-V-S, thus defining it as some sort of nerve gas not unlike agent orange. So the new name must alieviate this! Yet it still must be catchy enough to get people to remember the name as being strictly my own, and not 'name' plus random numbers behind it.

Long have I dwelled on this, and I think I may have some short term solutions to my problem! Call me Ishmael! No wait, hows about something related to VAing. Vinny The Voice Actor? Nah, too plain. Vinny The Voice Actor And Possible Serial Murderer? Hm, it does grab your attention, but maybe it relies too much on impact and doesn't offer much staying power?

Now one of the things I'm best at is my own self loathing, so maybe I should use that as a means to rechristen myself with a new moniker. Thats it! You may now call me Big F#&@ing Douche Bag! Nah, thats too generic. How about Captain @$$hole? Wait, I'm pretty sure thats already taken. El Nimrod? Wait, I can only technically be El Nimrod if I wear the El Nimrod Luchador mask, and it would prove to be very difficult to voice with it on for longer than 5 seconds.

Ya know, this is quite difficult. No one really appreciates how much effort one puts into making ones alias. Maybe what I need is to assume the identity of a fictional character! Er, problem with that is I'd have to find a character that fits my personality, and, hoo boy, that ain't pretty. All I've really got to choose from here is Barney from the Simpsons before he went sober and a Goomba from Super Mario Bros...

Ya know, maybe this isn't gonna work out after all. Its not like I really need to worry, no one in their right mind would hire me for anything, and if they did they'd be making a huge mistake that would most likely capsize their project. So I'm probably gonna stick with TV's Slayer till I rotate to one of my other premade names, or I could just be scandalous and use my real name for once. Nah, who'd wanna do that?

Thus the conculsion is reached that I will slog on with this bland username forever!

Thus making the last 6 paragraphs completely pointless.

Thank you for watching!

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 21:55:30

At 6/3/05 12:02 PM, Omahdon wrote: Revenge_Is_Fun: Hey, that Legendary Frog forum thread looks like a nice place to ply one's wares! Though it looks like most of the posts are one month old or so.... Rats.

This is true, but voice actors are pretty scarce there. I know of at least some on that forum still looking for people. If the position isn't marked as filled, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 22:38:54

Omahdon: Well I downloaded the fandub and all I can say is... wow...
Everyone involved in that did a superb job! You guys deserve a prize for your excellence... Being the actual voice actors in the movie perhaps? =P

And as for your question regarding a second name... I don't think I'd do that. Not because I think it's wrong, but because I'm so overworked as it is right now with flash assorted things that I have no real free time. I've chained myself to one too many responsibilities it would seem... But it's all good if I get things done! So once I hire some monkies to do the same quality work I do then I might stoop to having a second identity. And believe me, those monkies won't have to work hard either >_<;

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 23:16:33

As far as I can tell, I lost the part for Eva in Miss Dynamite.
This confirms my decision.
I wonder how good the other girl is.

NG's Voice Actress! [ Resume | Voice Demo | Twitter ]

Formerly credited as Kagome; currently credited as Rina-chan.

Rescue me in Castle Crashers (I voice the princesses!)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 23:19:27

Man, I didn't know we could rate people and stuff. I want to be able to do that.

As everyone knows, with great power comes great responsibility (and absolute power rocks absolutely)* and knowledge equals power, so I have made this plan. I will tackle -Frogs- and suck the salty smart juice from his brain. Naturally I will be considered a genius for this decision, and if people think you're smart, you are. I will continue my murderous rampage/slash brain sucking for no reason, which will be seen as a good move, and will earn me fake absolute knowledge, and therefore real absolute faux power. I will use this to take over the world, and after doing so, I will have enough prestige to rate newcomer's to the club.

*Catch up on 8-Bit Theater.

No hard feelings, Frogs.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 23:20:34

I could never go under a false name. I'm too proud of what I do to risk losing it in a big ball of name confusion.
I could always use a fake middle name. I have one for work, since I don't actually have a middle name. At work my name is Shannon O. Hilchie. I have decided it stands for Ophellia.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 23:34:36

Jerma = Jeremy

Friends call me it.

My real name is Jeremy Harrington

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 23:36:21

Toast Nah, it isnt in the volume or settings...i just cant record with a mic at all on my laptop.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 23:42:01

Vashtsakared: Uhhhhhmmmmm... me? Why me? Are you under the impression that I have the most brain juice to quench your evil thirst for knowlege? Or is it perhaps you just think I'm the easiest to tackle...

Isca: Right, no false names for for you ISCA. But this whole name thing is an interesting topic. In a world of 6 some odd billion people, we only have a few hundred names. That which is supposed to represent our individuality is actually very limiting in todays society. Sure back in colonial times when you only knew a total of 30 people your whole life that was fine and dandy. But in today's world it just doesn't cut it.

And to make things worse, we're losing usable names all the time. Adolf WAS a perfectly good name until one jackass had to come along and ruin it for everyone. He also ruined the Charlie Chapman mustache, but that ALWAYS looked stupid so no one really misses it. Jesus is out unless you're hispanic (hey, Zeus!). Richard is ok, but then people can call you a dick.

I propose we all start naming our kids (when we have them) totally original names. Like Forp Justahe, Senerrentio Oglepourshtip, or Fedum Thumbjoint. Dildent Faldachov, Therber Shevenhanger or Gugleara Palmnot. Who's with me?

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 23:43:40

Jerma that was post number 5,000 in this club omg! =D

Facebook.com/MacTheActor

Casting director, semi-retired from online voice acting. Sorry folks! You can still hear me in TOME, Reincarnation, and Wonders of the Universe!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 23:43:43

Well, Isca is my screen name for forums. I'm know as Shannon or Shannon Hilchie in credits. =P

I wanted to name my future daughter Door, but my family have bargined me down to having that as a middle name.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-03 23:59:57

Bezo Yes, you are absolutly right. Imitations are what get you started and what mold you into a VA. If you can do great imitations, you are building a career. After your done molding and shaping your voice though, its going to be really hard to get a pro job with an imitation of an animated character. Companies arn't going to need it. Like I said in prevous posts, Disney and Merry Melodies are the only exceptions. Doing Homer simpson isnt going to get you a pro job because Dan Castalanata (whatever his last name is) Is under contract and has that job, you cant just kick him out.

Omahdizzle : Im not bitter about it, I just hate when people that I persoanlly know tell me they are gonna be the next bart simpson. Bart simpson is going to have the same VA (Nancy Cartwright) until she quits or dies. By the time that happnes, the simpsons most likely arn't going to be making new episodes.

Kagome Dont quit because you diddnt get a role....Every Actor gets shut down like 90% of the time when they are first starting out. You are WAY to hard on yourself.
In film...Ive tried out for like 15 things...ive been casted in 3. You cant just jump into the business. It takes a while. Exceptions for that are famous people's siblings, (Ashley simpson, Haylie duff, Aaron Carter) extremly rich whores. (Hilton sisters) and "Idol" shows where if you win your garenteed a contract.

keep at it, dont let something like this upset you or make you want to change your outlook on life. This is NEWGROUNDS not "The Professional Voice Actors Guild."

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-04 00:10:05

sorry for my like Quadrupole post, but Frogs hahahah...those made up names sound like characters from medievil video games......they always seem to have names like:

Stomfant Withermantle
Grundig Hoblestout
Trotcane Blanchard

then there are your compound word names like:

Spearheart Groundcrusher
Shockswell Hammerfist
Griefbringer Lightstone

I think my kids name will be "Young boy #6" So in case he ever gets into show business, and is casted along young boys and is "Young boy #6" Everyone reading the playbill or credits will think its a typo.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-04 01:02:48

funkay_fresh
Male
5-25(im 14)(male or female voices)(i have a very messed up voice,ask god why)
i can wig out REALLY cool. and be funny. im good with punchlines.
sorry i dont have an resume or example
e-mail funkay_fresh@hotmail.com
aim-tassadar_almighty

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-04 01:10:43

Hi! I need some old man voice. the all lines are below:

old man (very old)

- Over here, son!! Save the old man for God's sake!! (screaming)
- I'm here, son! Over here! (easy now)
- Hey be careful with... (warning)
- OOOOOOOuch!!! Are you crazy, son!? (screaming with pain)
- Not again, kid! (afraid)
- Heeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeee!!! Someone saves me from that urg!! (running, screaming)
- Where is the bathroom!? (normal)
- I just want to know where is the bathroom! (holding)
I just want to know where is the bathroom! (screaming)
- Oh no! I pissed my pants! Look at this! (surpised)

The lines must send: anax_al@bol.com.br
Thanks to all

Voice Acting Club

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-04 01:14:27

At 6/3/05 12:15 PM, Omahdon wrote: What would be YOUR second name to fool around and get more voice acting jobs than you're supposed to?

Marchirius Dennis Rossi

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-04 01:26:52

Hi! I need a kind of loud and crazy voice!! the lines are below:

Neto (crazy guy - 20 old)

- Now everybody is doomed! Did you hear me???! hum?? (screaming)
- Take this, clowns! Ihaaaaaaa! (screaming with sarcasm)
- Oh Come on, kids! hurry!! (scraeming with anger)
- Shut up! Uga buga!! (anger)
- What! Don't piss me off, alright? (screaming louder)

the lines must send: anax_al@bol.com.br
thanks to all

Voice Acting Club

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-04 01:30:11

I figure I might as well post my help request here too, since who knows if I'll get any good responses out of the flash forum in time...

After sending some recorded lines (done in Audacity, recorded as Mono, 44100khz 16-bit sample, 128 bit rate) to a flash animator, he replied saying that the file sounded fine, but when he imported it and put it in the movie, the quality became terrible. Now I'm sort of left to figure out why it's doing this and how to fix it before he goes and finds another voice actor.

I've only got a miniscule amount of experience with Flash MX and have thus far been running off a FlashBros tutorial on how the sound works. Sooo, here I am, asking anyone who knows anything in this area for help.

The files I recorded play just fine in regular players like winamp or WMP, even in Flash MX's Library (following an import) they sound no different than expected. The moment I add it in to the layer to be played with Sync: Stream it begins to sound horrid (not terribly distorted, but sounding like a really crappy quality). However, if I switch over to Event, it sounds just fine. Therein lies the problem, since I think he's after stream (it's lip sync friendly ?)

Apart from just taking the basic steps to import and use some audio, I haven't changed any of the settings of flash MX.

Any thoughs on how I might go about fixing this?

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-04 01:37:16

Hi! I need the officer voice (like Captain America)

The lines are below

Marcos Stallonge (20-25)

- Freeze!! This is the police! Put your hands into the air! (scream)
- Neto! Arrest them! (ask him)
- Your evil cat thief days are over, catsimony! You're coming with me now! (serious)
- Hey lady! You are making a mistake! I'm not a kind of "lion king". (worried)
- Lady! Please! Stop it! (worried)
- Captao Prego! help the old man! (screaming)
- Thank you very much Mr. Captain Prego! You saved the day once again! (normal)

The lines must be send: anax_al@bol.com.br

thanks to all

Voice Acting Club

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-04 01:38:52

Wow... I get to do one of these? Nifty...

Welcome to the VAC. If you want to join, THEN PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SAMPLE BEFORE POSTING. None of this willy-nilly "i'll get it later" or "e-mail me or IM me to hear it". Only you and your recordings straight off the internet. NO EXCEPTIONS. Should you attempt to join without a sample, you will be escorted to meet our friend, Guido.

He collects kneecaps.

Anyways, if any of you flash animators out there are looking for some Voice Acting talent for your up-and-coming films, feel free to post your requests in this thread or go check out the club roster here.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-04 01:48:21

I wouldn't worry about them going to get another voice actor. He/she will have the same problem with any file from anyone. You're on the right track in flash with the whole event thing. I can't remember exactly, but each has compression settings you assign. Somehow these got changed to degrade th audio too much.

Anyone else know specifically how to fix this? My flash knowlege is muy limitado...

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-06-04 01:59:44

At 6/4/05 01:48 AM, -Frogs- wrote: I wouldn't worry about them going to get another voice actor. He/she will have the same problem with any file from anyone.

Well, the thing is, he's already got a line or two in there from another VA that sounds just fine.

You're on the right track in flash with the whole event thing. I can't remember exactly, but each has compression settings you assign. Somehow these got changed to degrade th audio too much.

I know you can go into the library (ctrl + L) and get to the properties of the individual audio files. After playing around with some of the different compressions nothing changed, so I went back to what it was: Use Imported MP3 Quality