00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Basketball CrEw

162,515 Views | 1,871 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-03-23 23:40:15

Since my boys are out already, I am rooting for teams like West Virginia and Washington and hope them to mess things up a bit more. The season is over for me anyway. :(

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-03-24 00:15:24

At 3/23/06 11:40 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: I am rooting for teams like West Virginia

lololol

just root for the midmajors. Shouldn't've underestimated the 'Zags.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-03-24 00:35:58

Gonzaga loses to UCLa in heartbreaking fashion. I wa rooting for Gonzaga but Farmar had a huge steal for UCLA near the end of the game. I guess next time I see Morrison's stache will be in the NBA. Funny, how the nation's top tow scorers couldn't come through for their teams in the clutch.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-04 23:03:21

Hrm... I follow basketball a little bit, maybe if i join this crew i'll get more into it... The Wizards are my team... They're doing pretty well this year, over 500... They just can't seem to get past the damn Heat...

Can i join?

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-04 23:05:06

Sure this club is almost dead so it could use some new members.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-04 23:06:32

At 4/4/06 11:05 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Sure this club is almost dead so it could use some new members.

Woohoo... Is anyone watching the Duke vs MD women's game? Wow... Talk about an incredible game...

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-04 23:10:41

I normally don't watch the women's game but I was glued to my seat and Maryland won its always good to see Duke go down especially in a title game.

On a side note the Pistons have reached 60 wins as Mcdyess had 24 points and 14 boards off the bench, I'd say that's pretty good.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-05 08:50:52

I hope you guys all voted on the NBA's dance bracket, where the Heat Dancers were crowned best dance team of the NBA.

I voted for the Kings team in the final

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-05 09:21:53

At least Miami has something to be happy about its not like if they're going to win the championship.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-05 09:31:07

At 4/5/06 09:21 AM, pepeatumi wrote: At least Miami has something to be happy about its not like if they're going to win the championship.

Who's your call for the championship this year, then?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-05 09:38:01

The same thing I've been rooting for ever since they dismantled the Lakers a while back. The best team in the NBA... THE HAWKS!... No, its the Pistons people say they don't have a bench but I think Mcdyess,Hunter and Delk will be all the bench they'll need come playoff time.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-05 14:00:11

At 4/5/06 08:50 AM, Coop83 wrote: I hope you guys all voted on the NBA's dance bracket, where the Heat Dancers were crowned best dance team of the NBA.

I voted for the Kings team in the final

I voted in the first round, then forgot about it. But noone can beat the legendary awesomness of the Laker Girls (or have they slipped downhill, I haven't been checking).

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-05 14:04:38

The Laker girls are still the best cheerleaders in sports (maybe they're tied with the Cowboy's) but they have gone a bit downhill. Things have changed in LA the last couple of years and that includes the cheerleaders.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-05 14:12:17

I've always wondered, as I've never seen a WNBA game, do they have cheerleaders? Or do they see it as an abuse of women as objects or something like that? Or do they have male cheerleaders?

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-05 14:14:57

I think they have female cheerleaders which doesn't really make much sense but I'm certain I saw female cheerleaders in a couple of games.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-05 19:59:00

At 4/4/06 11:06 PM, LamboFactor wrote:
At 4/4/06 11:05 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Sure this club is almost dead so it could use some new members.
Woohoo... Is anyone watching the Duke vs MD women's game? Wow... Talk about an incredible game...

Another fraustrating year...it has been like this since 2001. I don't think that The Terps deserved to win though, the last three was a lucky shot, not to mention that Duke was leading by 13 early in the second half. If the lacrosse players did not rape the stripper, my school would have won last night. The way how the girls were defeated was more like a punishment from God because of the eveil things the lacrosse players did. With many key seniors going out, it is "winter" time next year. It seems that my school's basketball team will not win a national championship before I graduate which is sad. :(

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-05 22:51:37

Go Wizards... From the looks of it, they have a great chance of making the playoffs... Woohoo!

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-07 01:27:26

Oh shit! Kobe is fucking amazing, all five guys (okay maybe just three) he shoots a three and gets fouled, makes the three and gets a four point play. Truly amazing shot, tie game, and the Lakers actually have a shot to win this one. Oodm with the ball, shoots with 22 seconds to go and is short. Timeout by Denver 18.6 seconds to go. Okay, Miller has it, tries to get to Melo but can't and passes to someone who I can't make out, who air-balls it. 6 tenths of a second left because of a shot clock violation. Laker ball, Walton passes to Kobe, and almost made it. We're going to overtime.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-07 01:29:24

The wai I see it Kobe's going to win this game in overtime.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-07 01:50:14

So its ending, Kwame makes a great inside pass to Luke to put the Lakers up by one. On the other end Odom fouled out (too iffy a calll but...). Miller misses his first, makes his second, tie game. Laker ball, 33 seconds to go, Kobe with ball, horrible shot, Smush got the rebound, passed it to Luke couldn't make the shot, put back missed. On the other end Carmelo made a shot with 3.8 seconds to go to put Denver up by 2. C'mon Kobe, Luke to inbound. Good job Luke using a timeout because noone was open (unlike lastime where he forced a pass instead of calling a timeout). So here we go again, Luke to inbound, passes it to Kwame, Kwame back to Luke, Luke shoots for the win..NO!!! Almost, but can't make it, he almost had it. Oh well, he deserved to take that shot the way he's been playing.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-07 03:23:07

If the playoffs started today the Lakers would have to play the Suns, and in all likelyhood lose. So, instead of hoping they drop to eight, I explore the biggest question in Los Angeles:

Can they be Sixth?
(And play the Nuggets)
Well first off, in order to be sixth they have to pass the Memphis Grizzlies. They are 2.5 games behind, but more importantly 4 back in the loss column (but Memphis has played one less game). So, in the remaining games, the Lakers need to win three more games in this final stretch than Memphis. So lets look at Memphis's schedule:

Milwaukee
@San Antonio
Minnesota
@Charlotte
@Houston
L.A. Clippers
@Minnesota

Milwaukee might possibly be a tough one, they'll beat Minnesota both times, and Charlotte, and Houston. The Clipps and Milwaukee are question marks. So, in all likelyhood they'll go 4 and 3 (I'm being generous and giving them the question marks). That brings their final record to: 47-35.

Now for L.A.:
@Pheonix
L.A. Clippers
Golden State
Portland
Pheonix
Hornets

Now, Pheonix likely a loss, but they play better against better teams, so we'll leave that as a big question mark, as with the Clipps. They can beat the Hornets, and if they play like last time Golden State. Portland they've struggled with so lets put that in the loss column. Assuming that they lose to Pheonix twice, and Portland that leaves them at: 43 and 39. Not good enough to pass the Grizzlies, BUT assuming that both teams beat the Clippers, this leaves a possible scenario:

Clippers schedule:
Sacremento
@Lakers
Dallas
Portland
@Seattle
Seattle
@Memphis
@Dallas

Now, lets assume, as before mentioned, they lose to the Lakers and Memphis. They've struggled against Sacremento, so that's a possible loss. They lost to Dallas the only time they played, these matchups are key, lets say that they lose both games to a top tier team. Portland they can win, Seattle is another tossup, have only played them once and in January. Seattle would have nothing to play for and possibly beat them, though lets not get our hopes up. They can beat Seattle, at least once. If the afformention happens their record would be 45-37 (though I think that's being too optimistic).

So as you can clearly see, that does not put them behind the Lakers, but those key matchups can go either way. However, I don't see the Lakers getting 6 unless they run the table, or someone else loses the table. But there also is a rare possibility that the Clippers overtake Pheonix (assuming that the Lakers beat Pheonix both times they play) and have an L.A. on L.A. showdown, but that's highly unlikely with that great team of theirs.

In conclusion, the Lakers should instead focus on not losing their playoff spot, as the Kings, the Jazz and NOK can knock (sorry for the confusing pun) the Lakers out of the playoffs. Though, it is possible that they can knock each other out. But in short:

Gear up for Pheonix

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-08 14:37:44

So, the Laker playoff tickets went on sale today at 10 am. I was a bit slow in waking up, but nonetheless I managed to get tickets for Game 1 (or rather game 3 since the Lakers won't have home court), but when I logged in, the thing pushed me out of line and back to the beggining page. "No problem" I thought, "I'll just get the tickets again". BUT NOOO, this time they were sold out, so I decided to get some game 6 tickets (if it ever came to that), but instead it rerouted it to "Home Game 4" tickets. As we all know, in a 7 game series only the team with homecourt advantage gets 4 home games, so now I'm waiting for the playoffs to start so I can get my money back. Though, I would rather get tickets to this series but I don't think that's possible now, I'll have to pray they get into the second round.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-08 21:56:29

At the risk of posting four times in a row, I'll just post anyway.

Whoo, I finally got tickets for Game 3 of the Lakers' opening playoff round! I've been saving up for weeks to take my Grandpa (who, the biggest Laker fan I know, and who in 70 some odd years of life has never been to a Laker game). I assume that they'll give me my money back for the never-happening game 8 (stupid Lakers.com). Now, lets just hope they make the playoffs.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-08 22:10:12

Yep Im in. My favourite team is Lakers, for no paticular reason.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-09 00:31:08

The Lakers?? I can't wait to see the Clippers in the playoffs just listen the Clippers are in the playoffs. That's the best team in LA.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-09 02:04:47

At 4/9/06 12:31 AM, pepeatumi wrote: The Lakers?? I can't wait to see the Clippers in the playoffs just listen the Clippers are in the playoffs. That's the best team in LA.

So, all of a sudden two bad years from the Lakers and one good year by the Clippers erases history? The only reason everyone's saying the Clippers are good is because they made the playoffs, if the Lakers were in the same spot they would be criticized to death for not winning the Pacific division.

American Basketball CrEw

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-10 00:09:27

At 4/9/06 12:31 AM, pepeatumi wrote: That's the best team in LA.

Tonights game 100-83 Laker win, who's the best team now?

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-10 08:34:18

At 4/9/06 12:31 AM, pepeatumi wrote: Trash talk
At 4/9/06 02:04 AM, seventy-one wrote: more trash talk

I'm so glad to be able to watch local rivals from outside for a change. I'm concentrating on the Nuggets almost throwing away a divisional championship (yes, I do think we've got better with that trade)

I think that while the Lakers are going through a bad time of recent, the Clippers are the best at the moment.

I'm not saying that erases history, but LAL have lots more prestige and history.

Reminds me of the Yankees / Mets spat.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-26 19:00:54

Did you hear? Kobe is changing his number from 8 to 24 for next season. Personally I think its a stupid move by his part. 8 is unique, when you think 8 you think Kobe Bryant. When you think 24 though, many different things pop out at you (including the show). He is 8, marketing loves 8, the fans love 8.

Besides, they photoshopped an image of Kobe on Sportscenter to show what he would look like in 24....it looks much worse than 8.

On the topic of sports numbers, 8 is pretty high on my list as the best for a jersey, but I think (depending on the situation) 7 is the best.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2006-04-26 19:15:11

That's a dumb move changing his number but I don't think it will make difference in his game. Kobe should worry about making some shots tonight against Phoenix he said he's going to have a big game so we'll just have to wait and see.