00:00
00:00

French to English conversion Club

13,409 Views | 333 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 12:40:30


At 11/7/04 12:16 PM, Tinky_Winky wrote:

Mais il oublie aussi le '^' en être, le 'è' en tres et le 'ce' au lieu de 'du'

But he also forgot the '^' in être, the 'è' in tres and the 'ce' instead of 'du'

LOL, wais t'as raison ^.^

LOL, yeah, ur right ^.^


BBS Signature

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 13:16:37


At 11/7/04 12:16 PM, Tinky_Winky wrote:

Mais il oublie aussi le '^' en être, le 'è' en tres et le 'ce' au lieu de 'du'

But he also forgot the '^' in être, the 'è' in tres and the 'ce' instead of 'du'

Well, on the accents, it's because I don't know how to put those accents on an American keyboard. There's probably an alt code for them, but I can't find it LOL.
And, like I said, I'm just starting to learn French. I still know more French than an average American, but not much more LOL.
Let's put it this way:
Our French class just started watching Telefrancais.
That's how far behind we are.
So, what are the alt codes for those accents, if there are any?

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 13:20:13


Besides, that's how I learned to say that line from my French teacher. Then again, she usually says (since it's an afternoon class.)

Moi, je suis tres content etre ici avec vous des l'apres-midi.

(Myself, I am very happy to be here with y'all ??? the afternoon.)

(I can't remember what Des means right now LOL. :( )

And yes, I know I forgot the accents, but I explained why in my previous post...

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 13:35:46


At 11/7/04 01:16 PM, psykolord wrote: So, what are the alt codes for those accents, if there are any?

I don't know, I have a different keyboard: an AZERTY keyboard. those are especially for europe I guess

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 13:37:28


At 11/7/04 01:20 PM, psykolord wrote: (I can't remember what Des means right now LOL. :( )

des is just the plurial of 'un' and 'une'. It doesn't have a translation in the English language

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 13:51:08


Wouldn't des just be 'of the'?
I'm just saying because un and une both mean 'A' or '1' (well, un means 1), and the plural form of those would be deux (two), right?

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 14:38:02


At 11/7/04 01:51 PM, psykolord wrote: Wouldn't des just be 'of the'?
I'm just saying because un and une both mean 'A' or '1' (well, un means 1), and the plural form of those would be deux (two), right?

no. you gotta see it like this:

un ordinateur: a computer
des ordinateurs: computers

so as you can see, 'des' is just the plurial of 'un', but it doesn't has a translation in English

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 14:46:58


Thank you for all the great teachings.

I want to do a roll call here rais your hand if you are fench/canadian and raise your hand if you are just french please state whic you are. and if you miss roll call you wl be getting a swat with this nice thick ruller and you will be sent home.


LOL yes I am the LOL Girl ^_^

The "LOL" girl is back ^_^

Follow The LOL Girl

BBS Signature

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 14:54:50


At 11/7/04 02:46 PM, Lacie wrote: Thank you for all the great teachings.

I want to do a roll call here rais your hand if you are fench/canadian and raise your hand if you are just french please state whic you are. and if you miss roll call you wl be getting a swat with this nice thick ruller and you will be sent home.

em... I'm belgian =). I just happen to know french because belgium is seperated into 3 parts: something like this:
46 % of people that speak Dutch
44 % of people that speak French
10 % of people that speak German

I live in the first part. But because of that reason we need to learn french at an early age (9-10 years old)

so... I'll raise my hand for the dutch people =)

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 15:01:20


I'm American, so I'll raise my hand for the Americans.

And Tinky, I'll have to double-check with my French teacher on that, but it sounds like you're a bit wrong there, because you wouldn't say 'a's computers'. I think that would be a bit more tike "Les ordinateurs." Wouldn't it?
Then again, you're probably right. I'm just not thinking in French right now, for some reason.

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 15:18:45


At 11/7/04 03:01 PM, psykolord wrote: I'm American, so I'll raise my hand for the Americans.

And Tinky, I'll have to double-check with my French teacher on that, but it sounds like you're a bit wrong there, because you wouldn't say 'a's computers'. I think that would be a bit more tike "Les ordinateurs." Wouldn't it?
Then again, you're probably right. I'm just not thinking in French right now, for some reason.

les ordinateurs= the computers =>
le ordinateur= the computer
so, that's a different plural version

and my french teacher said that 'des' didn't a meaning: it was just the plural.

at least 'des' didn't had a meaning in the dutch language. But I'm not exacly sure about the english language. But I think it also can't be translated in English.

anyway, it's better that you ask your teacher, then you're 100% sure

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 15:20:53


How do you say in french.

"Make love to me tonight at 10:00 pm behind old mill"


LOL yes I am the LOL Girl ^_^

The "LOL" girl is back ^_^

Follow The LOL Girl

BBS Signature

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 15:24:38


Voulez vous coucher avec mon chien por du frommage?
i think its funnier if i let you translate that on your own...

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 15:25:51


At 11/7/04 03:20 PM, Lacie wrote: How do you say in french.

"Make love to me tonight at 10:00 pm behind old mill"

"Fais-moi l'amour ce soir à 10:00 pm en arrière du vieux moulin."

No problem. My native language is french.

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 15:28:07


At 11/7/04 03:24 PM, W-I-M wrote: Voulez vous coucher avec mon chien por du frommage?
i think its funnier if i let you translate that on your own...

How can i translate if i dont know how LOL


LOL yes I am the LOL Girl ^_^

The "LOL" girl is back ^_^

Follow The LOL Girl

BBS Signature

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 15:28:46


At 11/7/04 03:20 PM, Lacie wrote: How do you say in french.

"Make love to me tonight at 10:00 pm behind old mill"

LOL silly sis...

"Fais moi l'amour, ce soir, à 22h derrière le vieux moulin"

And about the "des" thing, the way she say it, it mean 'since'


BBS Signature

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 15:29:20


At 11/7/04 03:24 PM, W-I-M wrote: Voulez vous coucher avec mon chien por du frommage?
i think its funnier if i let you translate that on your own...

will you(Something) With my Dog Covered(thats just a guess I dont know what the translation of Por is.) in cheese.

Im probably wrong but im sure its something to do with a dog and cheese

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 15:30:32


At 11/7/04 03:28 PM, Lacie wrote:
At 11/7/04 03:24 PM, W-I-M wrote: Voulez vous coucher avec mon chien por du frommage?
i think its funnier if i let you translate that on your own...
How can i translate if i dont know how LOL

It mean:

To you want to sleep with my dog for cheese?


BBS Signature

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 15:31:57


At 11/7/04 03:30 PM, -Dez- wrote:
To you want to sleep with my dog for cheese?

I was close with mine LOL. I got the dog and cheese bit right at least :\

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 15:32:34


At 11/7/04 03:28 PM, -Dez- wrote: LOL silly sis...

"Fais moi l'amour, ce soir, à 22h derrière le vieux moulin"

And about the "des" thing, the way she say it, it mean 'since'

Thanks sis i love you for your honest help ^_^


LOL yes I am the LOL Girl ^_^

The "LOL" girl is back ^_^

Follow The LOL Girl

BBS Signature

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 15:39:47


At 11/7/04 03:29 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote:
At 11/7/04 03:24 PM, W-I-M wrote: Voulez vous coucher avec mon chien por du frommage?
i think its funnier if i let you translate that on your own...
will you(Something) With my Dog Covered(thats just a guess I dont know what the translation of Por is.) in cheese.

Im probably wrong but im sure its something to do with a dog and cheese

...It simply means: "Do you want to sleep with my dog for some cheese?"

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 15:45:56


At 11/7/04 03:39 PM, NazelbikAuthor wrote:
...It simply means: "Do you want to sleep with my dog for some cheese?"

At least I didnt make a complete ass of myself..........btw how would you say.

" I went to america with my family and we stayed in a hotel in florida near the ocean?"

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 15:53:05


I didn't understand the meaning behind that "complete ass of myself" part of your sentence.. Whatever.

"I went to america with my family and we stayed in a hotel in florida near the ocean?"
"Je suis allé en Amérique (btw, continent or country?) avec ma famille et nous sommes restés dans un motel en Floride près de l'océan."

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 15:55:38


At 11/7/04 03:53 PM, NazelbikAuthor wrote:
"I went to america with my family and we stayed in a hotel in florida near the ocean?"
"Je suis allé en Amérique (btw, continent or country?) avec ma famille et nous sommes restés dans un motel en Floride près de l'océan."

I meant the country.......is there a difference between them then?

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 16:20:18


Well, in my opinion, America is supposed to be the contient, as in "North America" and "South America". I think that if you want to refer to the United States of America, you should say US or USA.

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 16:22:41


At 11/7/04 04:20 PM, NazelbikAuthor wrote: Well, in my opinion, America is supposed to be the contient, as in "North America" and "South America". I think that if you want to refer to the United States of America, you should say US or USA.

oh right. I supposoe I should have made it a bit clearer....thanks for the help though :P

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 17:15:36


Sentence of the Day by Snowy_Beast

If only I could fly, I could maybe reach you my godess, in heaven.

<Si seulement je pouvais vouler, je pourrais te rejoindre mon ange, au ciel>


Sig made by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 21:09:36


I am French but I moved to America.

Nice sentence of the day.

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 21:11:29


At 11/7/04 09:09 PM, _Rob_ wrote: I am French but I moved to America.

Nice sentence of the day.

And how do you say that in french?

Lets not forget the french / english translations.


LOL yes I am the LOL Girl ^_^

The "LOL" girl is back ^_^

Follow The LOL Girl

BBS Signature

Response to French to English conversion Club 2004-11-07 21:11:59


Sentence of the Day by Snowy_Beast

If only I could fly, I could maybe reach you my godess, in heaven.

<Si seulement je pouvais voler*, je pourrais te rejoindre mon ange, au ciel>

Oups... I mispell fly


Sig made by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature