00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

206,171 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 23:54:55

Hey i jioned the RP and i jioned this, so ya! lol!

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-18 07:38:36

At 11/17/04 11:54 PM, Haloman wrote: Hey i jioned the RP and i jioned this, so ya! lol!

Great... Sunday is the official starting date. Thanks for joining.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-18 12:53:22

Wow myst you have out done yourself well done.Ive posted in my form and cant wait till Sunday :D

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-18 13:29:44

At 11/17/04 04:49 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
At 11/17/04 04:45 PM, Frozen_fox wrote: lol. well Im having problems thinking of how to start it so any suggetiins would be most welcome :P

Anyway Ivegotta jet. Ill probably be on tommorrow so speak to you then compadre.
Hmm... i will thin kthat over. Maybe i should rent the movie and pick out key point worth making fun of. It has been years since i have seen the movie, but if you remember, just compare it to the beginning of the original.
OR
you can start off with us as the guild members doing something. Im not sure what, but i remember you having an idea abvout tha

earlier.

Tne one idea I did have was for someone to be logging into NG and then they get sucked into NG land through a dimensional rip caused by the flash portal overloading due to the amount of crap in it.

And the only bit I can think of to make fun of at the moment is the munchkins and replacing them with the clock crew..........lol Maybe I could hav estrawberry clock join the adventure in search of someonething from the wizard?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-18 13:48:11

Ive filled out the form thing for the world of roleplay thing myst. Btw I need some help thinking up NG members who could be used in place of the mian charcters in wizard of oz.

I need someonme to be

Dorothy
The Lion
Tin man
Scarecrow-Im thinking -Zef- but instead of brian he wnats a new nose cause a little N00b has stolen his old one?
Wicked witch( im thinking wither a MOD or someone that everyone on the Bbs hates
Wizard (Ether Tom OR Wade)
Gate keeper of Oz

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Once IVe got the cast sorted I can start writing it:P

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-18 15:28:10

At 11/18/04 01:48 PM, Frozen_fox wrote: Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Once IVe got the cast sorted I can start writing it:P

P-bot can be the gate keeper you guy you were talking about.
So before we think of who each charcter should be or w/e. We need to think of what they are searching for and then a pply and Ng user to it.
I havnt any ideas this moment, but i wil ldeff think it over.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-18 15:54:41

At 11/18/04 01:48 PM, Frozen_fox wrote:
Dorothy

Tom, or Bedn

The Lion

Ozcar

Tin man

Possible Newgrundling (is he still around?)

Scarecrow

Earfetish

Wicked witch

Tanner. No one else can possibly be considered.

Wizard

Wade

I have not posted here for some time. I will try and "return" however.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-18 16:36:51

At 11/18/04 03:54 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote: I have not posted here for some time. I will try and "return" however.

See, that is why the doctor is the king. Thanks for the help man.
I hope to see you soon :( lol

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-18 17:37:24

I couldnt bare to wait until Sunday to start playing so I just went ahead and posted my arrival.Yay! I wonder what will happen when it officaily starts?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-18 18:18:04

At 11/18/04 05:37 PM, LordSkeletor wrote: I couldnt bare to wait until Sunday to start playing so I just went ahead and posted my arrival.Yay! I wonder what will happen when it officaily starts?

I cant wait myself. Tommorrow i will start RP somemore. hopefully a few of the other guys will join by then.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-18 19:57:43

Just an announcement that means nothing to no one and effects nobody.
I have completed Chapter 13. Yeeha! My thriller novel is nearly 50% complete. Once i finish it... i am going to write the second part... then i am going to write a drama. By that point, we will see if im almost done Uni. Then time to get an agent. ooo... im excited. This book is the key to my beginning as a novelist.
Im excited for me? Are you?

Anyway... i am just making one last post for the night before i go.
I also, wanted to mention that i apologize for not being around so much, but it will be the same all next week. I am stayiong after school like everyday to finish these two paintings i am doing before the exhibit. My art teacher is letting me use his resources. Nice guy eh.
The exhibit is Dec 1 and 2... so i got a lot to do before then. I hope everyone likes my work.
There is going to be like 60 artists and an estimated.. uhh... somin like 300 viewers each night. Its exciting. I already have one painting entered, but the guy liked mine so much he asked me to do another and my idea ended up into two ideas and so on and so forth.
But anyway... night all. The World of Roleplay thread is now open... start roleplaying now. However, sunday is the official day where i want everyone to get on sometime mid afternoon EST and just madd roleplaying to get this thread going and to get it more poular. I will deff be there Sunday. Saturday night tho.. dun look for me... poker night. Tommorrow night is... date night. Hope this ones a good one... last weekend's girl turned out to be too 'bleh' for me. She was a looker, but too quite, no personality. Not to mention a real snobby type.
Anyway, i blabber on alot.
I am apart of 3 roleplays now. Exciting!

Cheers mates,

K. Myst Williams

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-19 00:25:14

dude Myst ur lucky, atleast u can get a date, be thankful for that. I'll be lucky if a girl even pays me any attention! ne way I started role playing to, I've never played a serious role playing game before it's fun!

I dropped out in the third grade, and spent all my time at the arcade.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-19 00:38:20

okay here's another poem
it's called:
A GORILLA PUSHES THE BUTTON
I feel sorry for myself
then I feel sorry for feeling sorry for myself
like a mirror reflecting itself
but I always end up feeling sorry for myself
rather than me feeling sorry for myself feeling sorry for myself
when a rodent attempts to cross a road
and becomes flattened by moving traffic
does the mother of the rodent know
if a gorilla pushes a button causing world destruction
should the gorilla be blamed
or the button, or rather the electric wires connecting to the button
if a tree falls in the forest, and a train traveling at 98.334 mph leaves chicago at approxamatley, will it make a sound, 8:30 a.m.
while contemplating, the formula for, suicide, the hypotenuse of a triangle do I use, a gun, the square root ot...
as the teacher trails off, I think of all my flaws, FAT, UGLY...

I thought of this one on the spot, once again it's random and hard to understand.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-19 07:34:12

G-Man... im not sure if it was meant to be funny. But i was chuckling a bit while reading your poem. If it wasnt meant to be funny, i apologize. otherwise. lol!. Good shit.

Anyway, i will be on later tonight. I got to school. yay! At least it is my last year. Woohoo!

About the roleplay... it gets even funny whne you got like 2 or 3 storylines going at once. We just need a few more members.

Later Mates,

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-19 18:18:47

Just checkin in i s'pose... before i head out for the night in about an hour.
I just wanted to ask if any of our members are animators? or are we all writers?
I am just curious. If you are an animator, please state so i have an idea of a ratio (I am thinking we are all writers... but i may be wrong).

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-19 19:05:08

I just want to note that the WOR... has already started RPing... and i am pleasantly pleased with the talent we have thus far. For those of you who are very serious about RP... and want to join another... i advise for you to join the Immortal RP. The link is in my sig. Great RP... however, you have to be willing to read ALOT and write quite well. I am leaving in a couple mins.. so see you all tommorrow. Or at least sunday for sure.

K. Myst Williams

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-19 19:28:31

hello i wrote this good story that im very proud of (i geuss this is amiture work for some writers but it's good for me grade) i am not an animator and trying to animate my story would do more bad than good for it.if somone wants to animate my story i can email it to them

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-19 20:53:56

At 11/19/04 06:18 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Just checkin in i s'pose... before i head out for the night in about an hour.
I just wanted to ask if any of our members are animators? or are we all writers?
I am just curious. If you are an animator, please state so i have an idea of a ratio (I am thinking we are all writers... but i may be wrong).

well I just got a webcam today so I can supposedly do clay animation but I cant get the software to work, but I've done clay animation before.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-19 21:14:27

At 11/19/04 07:28 PM, DiggerDude wrote: hello i wrote this good story that im very proud of (i geuss this is amiture work for some writers but it's good for me grade) i am not an animator and trying to animate my story would do more bad than good for it.if somone wants to animate my story i can email it to them

It might be a good idea to actually post the story.. or an extract... to intrigue members or animators.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-19 21:15:59

At 11/19/04 08:53 PM, G-MAN490 wrote: well I just got a webcam today so I can supposedly do clay animation but I cant get the software to work, but I've done clay animation before.

As soon as you get some done, i want to see your work. :)
If your first one turns out well, i will get an idea og your style and genre and see if i cna come up with a a few ideas for movies. Help you write some scripts and what not.

Cheers,

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-19 22:26:46

At 11/19/04 09:14 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
At 11/19/04 07:28 PM, DiggerDude wrote: hello i wrote this good story that im very proud of (i geuss this is amiture work for some writers but it's good for me grade) i am not an animator and trying to animate my story would do more bad than good for it.if somone wants to animate my story i can email it to them
It might be a good idea to actually post the story.. or an extract... to intrigue members or animators.

here is the prolouge

Salem 1704

In 300 years will come a day
When my way will become the only way
Mortals will die kingdoms will fall
As the creature comes to rule all

The witch wickedly cast her spell foretelling the death of mankind. Then she heard voices from the edge of the clearing.

“Ouch, you stepped on my foot.”
“Sorry”
``You idiots. Now she’s heard us.”

Witch hunters she thought, one expert and two amateurs, probably apprentices.
“Run away! We have lost the element of surprise,” said the expert.
“Bah! We outnumber her”
“But-”
“Ahhhhhhhhh” the two apprentices ran out of the bushes swords raised. This is going to be easy, she thought to herself. She turned around to face them.

“Arutilma Silvana” she said.

The one closest to her noticed dust coming from his hands. “Noooooooooooo!” he cried as he crumbled away. The other one watched this in horror and slowly backed away. The witch was advancing towards him, deciding the most painful way for him to die. Suddenly she felt cold hard steel through her back. The expert had snuck up on her with his sword, she thought. Oh well her work was done.

Years passed and the events that happened on that night were all but forgotten. In 1951, the clearing became a national park, but the spell still remained unnoticed until that very day 300 years later…

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-19 23:48:08

DiggerDude that sounds cool, Iam very interested in it now!

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 00:03:44

cool is there a chat room on new grounds we can talk about this in

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 00:07:48

sorry i cant use the chat room can you give me your email adress

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 09:32:14

are you going to answear me

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 13:26:34

Ya, shit. Looks intriguing. I hope someone shows some interest. If not, maybe you should think of developing the characters into a novel or short sotry. It might be good for a portfolio.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 13:47:32

Bleeeeeggggghhhhhh!
I feel sick. Anway Im getting ready to properly start writing my Oz thing but I still need a mian charcter and ca nt think of who to use.......any help would be most greatly appreciated.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 13:53:29

At 11/20/04 01:47 PM, Frozen_fox wrote: Bleeeeeggggghhhhhh!
I feel sick. Anway Im getting ready to properly start writing my Oz thing but I still need a mian charcter and ca nt think of who to use.......any help would be most greatly appreciated.

Did you see the doctors post on the page before... i thought he put it in there, no? Or you just didnt like the idea?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 14:03:35

At 11/20/04 01:53 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
Did you see the doctors post on the page before... i thought he put it in there, no? Or you just didnt like the idea?

Thanks for telling me that was there. I didnt see it before.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-20 15:09:33

ok this is the basics( and I mean basics) of the first scene for my oz thing. Read through and give input. At the moment this kind of sucks but I always have problems starting things off so after suggestion and editing it will be better. Btw if there is any typos or anything sorry but Im to lazy to check for them at the moment.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------
Scene 1

Bedn is seen sititng at his PC and the noise of him typing on his keyboard .

Bedn” Finally! Ive worked out toms password! Who would have guessed it was jiggly-puff. If he wanted me to deposit xp for him he really should have told me his password. Any way lets go visit the portal and give him some xp and blam points.”

(The screen shifts to the main page and the cursor is seen to move over the Portal button and then a click nise is heard. THE view witches to bedns face.)

Bedn” What the hell? An error message?

(Shot changes to Pc screen with an error message on it. Error message reads “ ERROR-PORTAL OVERLOAD! TO MANY FREE BLAM POINTS AVAILAIBLE! PORTAL WILL SHUT DOWN!)

Bedn “ Oh shit……this sint good……look like Newgrounds is down for a bit……oh well Ill go see how my site is doing.”

(Bedn clicks the mouse a number of times)

Bedn “ Ah fuck. Internet explorer has crashed,”

(view changes to keyboard and the CTRL ALT DELETE keys are pressed)

Bedn” Wait whats happening…….it looks like a rip in the time space continuum caused by the closure of the portal……….wait…….what the hell am I on about……AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

(Bedn is seen to fall into the rip in space time continuum as he screams)