00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Attention Robotech Fans!

5,453 Views | 30 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 05:33:42

If you are a fan of Robocop and happen to be handy with Flash, you might want to enter this Robotech Flash Animation contest at the official Robotech site! Winners get cool Robotech loot. Big up to Daniel Zelter for pointing this out.

Check out the post below for Pico 2 information. Miss Dynamite is also coming along nicely! The current plan is to add some mech suits and crazy guns. I'll have more info shortly!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 05:37:00

I have written the coveted first post!!
WOOHOO!!! FOR ALL TO SEE!
Peace
PS. Does anyone know who this chick is?

Attention Robotech Fans!

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 05:41:46

I Just wanna be first to reply :P

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 05:42:29

Why did you mention Miss Dynamite??

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 05:47:57

At 11/29/01 05:37 AM, Sebulba wrote: I have written the coveted first post!!
Peace

---
That question was answered in another topic Sebulba. Look for it.

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 05:49:58

At 11/29/01 05:42 AM, SmokeD wrote: Why did you mention Miss Dynamite??

Cause I'm working with Sirkowski to make a Miss Dynamite game... I was working on that a lot today, so it's on my mind. :)

-Tom

Attention Robotech Fans!

BBS Signature

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 06:11:36

Sebulba:

I think it was named Jenny Jameson or something....I think it was answered in one of Perfect-Doms topics...Find a topic not by the admins and click see other topics.

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 06:13:04

At 11/29/01 05:49 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Cause I'm working with Sirkowski to make a Miss Dynamite game... I was working on that a lot today, so it's on my mind. :)

-Tom

A matching game...coolness...BTW I didn't like number MD #13 I mean, they had girls reviewing using that as a f'n threat to their boyfriends..can you believe that?

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 06:32:52

At 11/29/01 06:13 AM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote:

I didn't like number MD #13 I mean, they had girls reviewing using that as a f'n threat to their boyfriends..can you believe that?

I thought it was awesome (Blackie and her sword kick ass), 'cept that one part was just plain painful to watch... You all know which part I mean... Anyway, I musta played that game at least 10 times. I'm a sadistic little bastard, ain't I?

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 06:39:53

At 11/29/01 06:32 AM, ZorlockDarksoul wrote:
I thought it was awesome (Blackie and her sword kick ass), 'cept that one part was just plain painful to watch... You all know which part I mean... Anyway, I musta played that game at least 10 times. I'm a sadistic little bastard, ain't I?

I watched that part without flinching. The hammer was the better one. That drill went all the way into the brain. And that pliers on his ear just plain hurt...And I can hear that scream garble in my speakers.

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 06:41:48

Peace

that chick is hot whoever her name is (I think it is Jenna Jameson, see above post, One of Perfectdoms topics I think had it.)

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 06:44:46

At 11/29/01 06:39 AM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote:

I watched that part without flinching. The hammer was the better one. That drill went all the way into the brain. And that pliers on his ear just plain hurt...And I can hear that scream garble in my speakers.

You watched the "nut smash" without flinching?! Good lord... I tip my hat to you, sir, he who can witness such unbearable torture.

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 06:44:47

At 11/29/01 05:49 AM, TomFulp wrote:

-Tom
A matching game...coolness...BTW I didn't like number MD #13 I mean, they had girls reviewing using that as a f'n threat to their boyfriends..can you believe that?

Hahahaha! I was wondering if someone would say that! It isn't a matching game - that's page one of the player select screen! :)

-Tom

Attention Robotech Fans!

BBS Signature

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 06:49:54

At 11/29/01 06:44 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Hahahaha! I was wondering if someone would say that! It isn't a matching game - that's page one of the player select screen! :)

-Tom

Whoa, sweet! I thought it was a matching game, as well. Hmm... A Miss Dynamite fighting game, eh? Mwahaha! Any idea when it'll be released?

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 06:51:00

Tom...

Everytime I switch screens, I get an IE error, A window I HAVE to click "YES" or hit "Y" to make go away....

I get one for trying to amke a review
one for opening a movie
one for playing a movie
one for opening topics/posting/replying/and going to the list...

4 per topic reply, 3 per movie. I think I made 7 reviews, so I got about 21 of those fucking things...

I have had about 100 today alone (no joke) and it didn't happen before the change. DO SOMETHING PLEASE!!

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 06:52:34

The game looks like it was mostly taken from Crazy Shuttle, which had the WORST lag I have EVER seen....CS didn't run, and the Castlevania one was slower than a snail on a treadmill.

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 06:54:56

At 11/29/01 06:52 AM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote: The game looks like it was mostly taken from Crazy Shuttle, which had the WORST lag I have EVER seen....CS didn't run, and the Castlevania one was slower than a snail on a treadmill.

It looks more like "Disorderly" to me... And Crazy Shuttle doesn't lag for me at all. 'Course, the ethernet in my dorm probably has something to do with that...

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 06:56:52

At 11/29/01 06:52 AM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote: The game looks like it was mostly taken from Crazy Shuttle, which had the WORST lag I have EVER seen....CS didn't run, and the Castlevania one was slower than a snail on a treadmill.

Actually it looks more like the Disorderly engine, and i didnt have any problems with CS.

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 07:17:33

At 11/29/01 06:56 AM, TannerCenterwall wrote:

Actually it looks more like the Disorderly engine, and i didnt have any problems with CS.

You're all wrong (well except maybe for the lag part - I can't help it if you have a slow computer)!

The game is a completely new engine built from scratch. The play mechanics are best compared to Fatal Fury and Guardian Heroes. Your character controls like a SF2 character (you can crouch and jump, punch and kick), but you can also jump between 2 fields of play.

I'm not sure when the game will be done, but it is coming along nicely. My dream is for it to have TONS AND TONS of characters... And crazy weapons and mech suits and maybe some cars and motorcycles, who knows. Sirkowski does all the art, so it's easy for me to get carried away. :)

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 07:24:10

Yeah, suprising that I can take such a disturbing screen? In reality, I am very nice, I can't even hurt an ant that easily (I am fucking serious..)

I never played disorderly, so I wouldn't know, my bad
tom just cleared it up

Also, I have made about 1/3 of this topics post! LOL I love to post too damn much!

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 07:26:02

At 11/29/01 07:17 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/29/01 06:56 AM, TannerCenterwall wrote:

You're all wrong (well except maybe for the lag part - I can't help it if you have a slow computer)!

The game is a completely new engine built from scratch. The play mechanics are best compared to Fatal Fury and Guardian Heroes. Your character controls like a SF2 character (you can crouch and jump, punch and kick), but you can also jump between 2 fields of play.

I'm not sure when the game will be done, but it is coming along nicely. My dream is for it to have TONS AND TONS of characters... And crazy weapons and mech suits and maybe some cars and motorcycles, who knows. Sirkowski does all the art, so it's easy for me to get carried away. :)

-Tom

I always have a habit of not thinking about my next post until my previous one to save post #....anyway, vehicles would rock, definitely. Give it speed enhancers, and couldya address the issues of the IE errors?!

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 10:10:28

Hey!

How about updating the "Top of the Week List", huh?

Joe Zombie already missed the Daily 5 due to a glitch in NG. It would kinda suck if the same Weekly list was displayed 2 weeks in a row.

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 10:34:12

It's not Jenna Jameson, It's been bugging the crap out of me, I wanna know who it is. She is fuckin hot.
Well if anyone has any ideas besides the famous Jenna Jameson, please reply

Attention Robotech Fans!

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 14:13:04

At 11/29/01 05:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you are a fan of Robocop and happen to be handy with Flash, you might want to enter this Robotech Flash Animation contest at the official Robotech site! Winners get cool Robotech loot. Big up to Daniel Zelter for pointing this out.

Check out the post below for Pico 2 information. Miss Dynamite is also coming along nicely! The current plan is to add some mech suits and crazy guns. I'll have more info shortly!

Thanks for the info on the Robotech Flash Contest Tom. Good looking out. I think I'm gonna get in it. I'm not really into Robotech that much, but what the heck, it couldnt hurt to get some exposure for Siccoproductionz.com.
Thanks again Tom.
PBM

The Dynamite game looks really sweet so far man!!

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-29 23:39:02

Wait i'm confused why were you talking about robocop when it's a robotech site? You know those are 2 complete different things right?

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-30 04:11:55

If you are a fan of Robocop and happen to be handy with Flash, you might want to enter this Robotech Flash Animation contest at the official Robotech site! Winners get cool Robotech loot. Big up to Daniel Zelter for pointing this out.

i would do that but i'm not that great with flash. i don't even know how to use it. oh well

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-11-30 16:04:33

At 11/29/01 11:39 PM, FatherGilpin wrote: Wait i'm confused why were you talking about robocop when it's a robotech site? You know those are 2 complete different things right?

Good call. Whoops. :)

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-12-05 02:30:15

At 11/29/01 10:34 AM, Sebulba wrote: It's not Jenna Jameson, It's been bugging the crap out of me, I wanna know who it is. She is fuckin hot.
Well if anyone has any ideas besides the famous Jenna Jameson, please reply

Then I have no idea who she is then.

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2001-12-09 09:33:19

At 11/29/01 06:41 AM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote:
Peace

that chick is hot whoever her name is (I think it is Jenna Jameson, see above post, One of Perfectdoms topics I think had it.)

i agree. i don't know her name but she is hot as hell

Response to Attention Robotech Fans! 2002-02-05 01:56:47

At 12/9/01 09:33 AM, DUDE4U wrote:
At 11/29/01 06:41 AM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote:
Peace

i agree. i don't know her name but she is hot as hell

RoboTech was the best animted series on TV, I was pissed when local and cable tv canned it in the 90's

BBS Signature