00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mirenamak just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio!

11,024 Views | 92 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:38:35

Some of us at Newgrounds.com are big fans of Opie and Anthony and are excited that they are now back on the air, but this time via satellite on XM Radio. We thought it would be fun to help them out a little by exposing our audience to their show! So we have come up with a contest where NG users can submit Opie and Anthony Flash toons set to funny audio clips from their show. The winner will receive a Delphi Roady 2 receiver with the home adaptor kit, a $170.00 value! The only catch is the winner will have to cover the cost of the XM Radio subscription which runs $9.99 a month, plus taxes and surcharges, and an extra $1.99 per month to hear Opie and Anthony on XM Radio's new premium channel, High Voltage! Keep in mind you can sign up for this service anytime you want, or never if you want to sell the equipment to someone else. Winning won't obligate you to spend a dime.

To enter the contest users will have to go out and find a funny clip from the Opie and Anthony show. You can find these on P2P services like Kazaa, and on Opie and Anthony fan sites, like Foundrymusic. Now that Opie and Anthony are on XM Radio they would prefer if you used recent sound clips from their show on XM Radio. Their older material is owned by their previous employers and we could run into legal problems if they find it on Newgrounds.

When you create your entry we are asking everyone to use the NG pre-loader followed by a screen displaying your NG username. We want to make it easy to identify that you created the entry and our users can clearly link the credit to your NG account. Also at the end we ask you include a link to Opie and Anthony's official site, opieandanthony.com, and you may also display links to your own web site, etc. Also when you submit your entry be sure to start the title with "O&A:" followed by the title of the clip. After submitting your entry send off an e-mail to wade@newgrounds.com and make sure you subject reads "Newgrounds Help - O&A Contest" and Wade will check out your submission and if it's not a total piece of crap he will add it to the NG O&A page to be entered into the contest. If your entry scores below a 3.00 or violates any of our terms we may choose to exclude it from the contest, but a score of 2.53 or whatever doesn't mean you're automatically excluded. We'll give everyone about a month to put their entries together. Feel free to enter as many times as you want. We will pick the winner on November 15th, 2004.

Now for the best part, there is a chance Opie and Anthony may pick the winner and discuss this contest on their show! We can't promise this and if they are unable to pick a winner we may select the winner, or try and get some other O&A staff to vote on their favorite.

For more details check out the O&A contest page!

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:40:18

great, idea, that sounds like a good way to do a contest, too bad ill probly never get around to doing it, great idea still

Your reply to this isn't going to be clever or witty, so just put down the internet and go outside.

Seriously Serious

Listen to better music.

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:46:13

i'd participate if my computer wasn't so slow and if i didn't have college exams this week...

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:46:39

ah yes, seems like an interesting contest, but like so many others before it I can see myself being too lazy to enter.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:46:52

I'd like an XM radio. Buy me one please.

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:46:59

At 10/11/04 10:41 PM, Kam-Ron wrote: Sounds good if I had flash or xm radio. It should bring some interesting entries, but I doubt there will be many. Good luck to everybody who enters the conest.

Well, we're hoping we see a lot of entries. We figure we have a lot of Flash artists who need ideas of things to do with Flash. Here's an idea, and if they do a good job they might win some cool stuff!

It would be cool to set someone up with a year's subscription or something, but we don't want to hook up a minor with an adult radio program. This way they get all the hardware and then if they are 18 they can subscribe, or if they are a minor a parent would have to subscribe and then it's their parent's responsibility.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:47:01

Why don't you pay for a year subscription or less. Like Howard Stern did to his employees.

I Posted The Millionth Post

And Created The Hundred Thousandth Thread

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:47:50

At 10/11/04 10:46 PM, Fallen_Knight wrote: ah yes, seems like an interesting contest, but like so many others before it I can see myself being too lazy to enter.

Flash by Fallen_Knight:
- none -

The contest is for Flash artists. If you don't even make Flash, why are you even commenting?

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:48:25

At 10/11/04 10:46 PM, Stampeder wrote: I'd like an XM radio. Buy me one please.

Flash by Stampeder:
- none -

Change that none, to one, and try and win!

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:48:50

At 10/11/04 10:47 PM, _eLMo_ wrote: Why don't you pay for a year subscription or less. Like Howard Stern did to his employees.

you really dont wanna bring up stern around wade, it pisses him off and he is MASTER of debate (im such an ass kiss)

Your reply to this isn't going to be clever or witty, so just put down the internet and go outside.

Seriously Serious

Listen to better music.

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:49:53

At 10/11/04 10:41 PM, Kam-Ron wrote: Sounds good if I had flash or xm radio.

I hate that you have to pa an extra $1.99 for Opie and Anthony

It should bring some interesting entries

Use that term loosely

but I doubt there will be many.

MEH who knows. Mayby Knox will make one o.O

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:51:32

I've never even heard of these radio guys. Who the hell would want to listen to the radio in the first place? Being fed what music to listen to?

What a crappy contest.

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:52:04

At 10/11/04 10:49 PM, -Gooie- wrote: I hate that you have to pa an extra $1.99 for Opie and Anthony

It gives them an extra layer of protection. It's like paying for cable TV, and then paying another $10-15 a month for HBO. They are on a premium channel, so if they offend people the people who they offended don't have any room to complain. They can simply drop their premium channel.

It makes perfect sense, and I pay a lot more than $1.99 a month for things that are much less entertaining than O&A.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:52:58

Too much to read *thinks all the NG members and myself* :)

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:53:02

At 10/11/04 10:51 PM, crik8 wrote: I've never even heard of these radio guys. Who the hell would want to listen to the radio in the first place? Being fed what music to listen to?

What a crappy contest.

It's not music, it's talk radio, and it's funny. Listen to some of their clips. It's like Howard Stern, but funnier, uncensored, and more original.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 22:56:18

I like the idea of NG having all these contest.
Keep it up!

/b/

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 23:00:18

At 10/11/04 10:51 PM, crik8 wrote: I've never even heard of these radio guys. Who the hell would want to listen to the radio in the first place? Being fed what music to listen to?

Fed what music to listen to? Not really on satelite radio. You pretty much get to pick whatever you want. Besides, if you don't want the radio you can always sell it on e-bay. So that's $170 for a month of working on flash, sounds good to me. Plus, if they announce the winner on the Opie & Anthony show, the flash author will get a good deal of publicity.

What a crappy contest.

What a crappy opinion.

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 23:01:56

At 10/11/04 10:52 PM, WadeFulp wrote: It makes perfect sense, and I pay a lot more than $1.99 a month for things that are much less entertaining than O&A.

you mean like your bazooka joe bubble gum collection?

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 23:03:40

At 10/11/04 10:41 PM, Kam-Ron wrote: Sounds good if I had flash or xm radio. It should bring some interesting entries, but I doubt there will be many. Good luck to everybody who enters the conest.

I wish i could enter the contest but of course, i couldnt possibly do it because i dont own xm radio or have flash or even be able to manage flash because im not much of an artist.

But as kamron said... Good luck to everyone.

Check me out!

"Of course lifes a bitch, because if it was a slut, it would be too easy"

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 23:13:26

wade. you should find a way to get some of their skits off of XM and onto NG so people know what they're about

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 23:33:39

At 10/11/04 11:01 PM, phileeguy wrote:
At 10/11/04 10:52 PM, WadeFulp wrote: It makes perfect sense, and I pay a lot more than $1.99 a month for things that are much less entertaining than O&A.
you mean like your bazooka joe bubble gum collection?

No, like the $70 I spend on digital f'ing cable every month.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 23:34:55

At 10/11/04 11:13 PM, Morextremist wrote: wade. you should find a way to get some of their skits off of XM and onto NG so people know what they're about

That's why I posted links to O&A's site, Foundrymusic, and if you go there you can find links to other fan sites, all which host audio clips of the show.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 23:40:18

At 10/11/04 11:34 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 10/11/04 11:13 PM, Morextremist wrote: wade. you should find a way to get some of their skits off of XM and onto NG so people know what they're about
That's why I posted links to O&A's site, Foundrymusic, and if you go there you can find links to other fan sites, all which host audio clips of the show.

yeah, I'm listening right now :) its like I never stopped listening since they got fired in 2002. I'm getting it for my dad tommorow :)

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 23:46:17

At 10/11/04 11:40 PM, Morextremist wrote: yeah, I'm listening right now :) its like I never stopped listening since they got fired in 2002. I'm getting it for my dad tommorow :)

Listening to them on their website? You're getting your Dad set up with XM Radio?

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 23:52:27

At 10/11/04 11:46 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Listening to them on their website? You're getting your Dad set up with XM Radio?

the story:

I bought it for my dad on his birthday a few months back, I got him the boombox and the car adapter. He still hasn't installed the car adapter and I don't think he listens to it anymore :( which is wierd because that's all he talked about months before I bought it for him

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 23:54:48

At 10/11/04 11:52 PM, Morextremist wrote: I bought it for my dad on his birthday a few months back, I got him the boombox and the car adapter. He still hasn't installed the car adapter and I don't think he listens to it anymore :( which is wierd because that's all he talked about months before I bought it for him

Well if he likes raunchy talk radio, dick and pussy jokes, etc, sign him up for O&A and you won't be able to get him off the thing.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 23:55:02

At 10/11/04 10:38 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

Wow, that sounds really cool. I'll definiately be sure to try out for that :D

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-11 23:56:44

Someone needs to make an animation for the Drilldo clip! There's a link for it at the bottom of the O&A contest page.

http://www.newgrounds.com/collections/opieandanthony.html

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-12 00:00:02

At 10/11/04 10:47 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Flash by Fallen_Knight:
- none -
At 10/11/04 10:48 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Flash by Stampeder:
- none -

Haha, its so funny to see you doing that Wade :P

Flash by Seizure_Dog:
25! [w00t!]

Am I the first real flash artist whos agreed to be a part of this contest? I sure hope more join in. I wonder how many big-name artists will join up...

Oh and Wade, will you be making a movie? I'd be nice to see you give it a shot :) its been so long since we've had anything from you :P

Response to Win a Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio! 2004-10-12 00:08:57

At 10/12/04 12:00 AM, Seizure_Dog wrote: Oh and Wade, will you be making a movie? I'd be nice to see you give it a shot :) its been so long since we've had anything from you :P

I already have my old Darth Vulgar Flash made from Anthony's Darth Vulgar audio clip. :) Although I'm not entering the contest as I can't win. It's been so long since I did anything in Flash I'm not sure what I could pull off. :( We'll see.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature