00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Xombie, Lego, etc.

27,083 Views | 196 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 19:55:46

Aye, the two new Xombie submissions were fantastic, and I do agree, if Lego doesn't apriciate their fans, fuck 'em in the eye.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 20:07:30

Yes James Farr is very talented. Screw those Lego people. HEY LEGO! Do you hear this! GO TO HELL! I think I'll email those bastards. Tom, it was good that you didn't fight them, cause don't wanna get suuuued [in Willy (simpsons) voice]. But the Lego people, damn.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 20:21:10

So, Tom, are you gonna post the letter from Lego into the hate mail page?

It's kind of sad the collection had to go, because I was thinking about making 3D lego movies myself.

Well, I hope they have nothing against my Clock character, LegomanClock.

Xombie, Lego, etc.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 20:22:21

:There was some bad news this past week... Despite there being national festivals for Lego movies, Lego didn't seem to appreciate the work by fans here on Newgrounds. I had a nasty confrontation with their lawyers, who wanted the Lego stuff removed.

A lot of times I fight this stuff, but in this case fuck it... If Lego doesn't appreciate their fans, then I don't want to promote their toys anyway. I was a Constructs kid myself. So I deleted over 100 Lego submissions. I did regret it afterwards, but now it's done. We had some really great submissions, and rarely were they crude in nature.

What were they gonna do to you? cant you call it freedom of speech???? :O

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 20:40:56

This is going too far.

I see the demise of all on Newgrounds near because of these lawsuits. It won't be long before the Japanese get on our case about their stuff. I see it now... no more Love Hina Sim Date RPG, no more EVA Flash, no more Azumanga Diaoh, no more Sim Girl, no more video game remakes or parodies, no more e-zines or anime things period, no more Newgrounds.

It is time to FIGHT and DEFEAT these jerks. I say defy LEGO. We have freedom of speech!

We must win if Newgrounds is to survive.
Until then, it could be doomsday for all Flash by Anthony and Robert Hurrell.

P.S. John Edwards also specializes in lawsuits. A vote for Kerry is a vote against Newgrounds.

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 20:55:07

What a bunch of sandy-cunted pricks. Oh well, more source material for me

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 21:06:24

I was this close (ie., thumb and index finger about an inch away) from buying their Star Wars snow speeder set for my little cousin.

She loves Legos AND Star Wars.

Now, with this situation, I don't know what to get her anymore.

Maybe a launch rocket set would be cool...

Anyhow, LEGO SUXS!!

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 21:07:54

At 10/11/04 04:17 PM, TomFulp wrote: A lot of times I fight this stuff, but in this case fuck it... If Lego doesn't appreciate their fans, then I don't want to promote their toys anyway. I was a Constructs kid myself. So I deleted over 100 Lego submissions. I did regret it afterwards, but now it's done. We had some really great submissions, and rarely were they crude in nature.

Aha, I figured it was something like this, just waiting for the announcement.

I lost my daily feature :(

I also have no clay to work with :(

Dead.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 21:08:14

And to think, I used to love legos...
B*st*rds!

/b/

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 21:10:09

At 10/11/04 04:17 PM, TomFulp wrote: There was some bad news this past week... Despite there being national festivals for Lego movies, Lego didn't seem to appreciate the work by fans here on Newgrounds. I had a nasty confrontation with their lawyers, who wanted the Lego stuff removed.

A lot of times I fight this stuff, but in this case fuck it... If Lego doesn't appreciate their fans, then I don't want to promote their toys anyway. I was a Constructs kid myself. So I deleted over 100 Lego submissions. I did regret it afterwards, but now it's done. We had some really great submissions, and rarely were they crude in nature.

I have looked at other stuff that has the copyright of other people (Flash based on what the media has given us, such as TV shows and video games). Based on this situation, you might as well substitute "LEGO" in this quote with these:

1. Powerpuff Girls
2. Pokemon
3. DBZ
4. South Park
5. Star Wars
6. Windows
7. Dating Sims
8. All Video Game Collections
9. Pube Muppet
10. Matrix
11. Stick Figures (PeoplePC uses them)
12. Robotech
13. Sloth
14. Transformers
15. Hentai Dress ups
16. Star Trek
17. Napster
18. Harry Potter
19. Simpsons
20. Futurama
21. Family Guy
22. Anime Music Videos
23. Any other anime seen on TV
24. Swearbear
25. DC and Marvel comic book characters

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 21:24:31

P.S. John Edwards also specializes in lawsuits. A vote for Kerry is a vote against Newgrounds.

How can you say that John Edwards gained money from frivolus lawsuits if he's vice president he won't be able to do frivolous lawsuits so wouldn't a vote for Kerry be for Newgrounds.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 21:26:26

Lego cant handle free publicity. Well how bout we just call them building block movies

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 21:39:33

So what happens if Playdoh or some other soft material medium company comes down on you, Tom? Are we going to lose NG Deathmatch?

If you still have the lego flashes archived somewhere, I suggest you put them back up.

A canvas retailer cannot do anything to an artist because they don't like what the artist has painted on it. Same goes for the company who created the oil paints which the artist used.

If they don't want their product to be used in fan-made stop motion animation, then they should stop selling it instead of telling people what they can and can't do with it.

My $0.02.

-Janus

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 21:41:14

LEGO legal terms

There are other sections to it. What was apparently violated?

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 21:43:46

Actually, if you could email me what specific sections of copyright law they were going to claim was violated, I would appreciate it. I have a penchant for beating large corporations over the head for trying to intimidate people.

-Janus

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 21:56:44

I was thinking about bying some more legos, and mayby a minstorm set. But now that they use their evil lawyer powers against newgrounds, im not going to buy anything, in fact, im going to tell people not to buy lego stuff at all.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 21:56:57

Yea, the new Xombie movies were pretty damn good. I think it was only right that a gallery or collection was made for them. Why he didn't submit episode one though, I'll never know....

As for Lego, that's stupid, why would they get mad?! Just becuase people buy the lego's to make awesome movies out of it doesn't make sense that the companies should not like it and that they should censor the lego movies. It's really quite a shame, and stupid too. They are FAN movies! Why don't they get that....?

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 22:11:42

Dude, no offence, but Xombie is not that good.
How could do that to the Lego flashes. Lego treasure hunt was so good, but the dirty little *** holes had to get rid of it. Unfair.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 22:16:02

At 10/11/04 10:07 PM, Kam-Ron wrote: I'm also suprised I haven't seen topics about the review page looking different.

Those topics actually have been created... See here for an example.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 22:18:04

At 10/11/04 04:22 PM, mrpopenfresh wrote: Whats wrong with lego? Jesus, if I were them, I'd be happy people are using them to make original, creative, flash works.

OMG ZE PETITION!!! LETZ MAKE A PETITION! WE-WE!

Umm, why are we missing the 1st Xombie flash... uhh...

I'm gunna throw all of my legos out!.. right after I finish my reconstruction of NYC with the Twin Towers...

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 22:30:30

While your at it, delete my grounds gold account. This place reaks of bad memmroies.... and hentai.

Seriously. It's stupid.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 22:41:44

Fine. I'll just be obnoxious or review a bunch of things by saying "blam" or "blammed". Or is there a place that I can just unsubscibe....

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 22:43:38

At 10/11/04 04:17 PM, TomFulp wrote:

I had a nasty confrontation with their lawyers, who wanted the Lego stuff removed.

Fight machine Tom. BE A RENEGADE!

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 22:49:47

thats bullshit i encourage everyone to go here and send lots of nasty mean and hurtful letters to them ,just go to this contact form and cus away also make sure the topic is to the lego company and not to some weird tech guy that will end up crying

http://www.lego.com/eng/service/contactusform.asp

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 23:00:47

At 10/11/04 08:40 PM, Sukiyaki_63 wrote: P.S. John Edwards also specializes in lawsuits. A vote for Kerry is a vote against Newgrounds.

You mean... he's a LAWYER?

That doesn't mean he's a litigator or a copyright lawyer of any sort, you know.

Dead.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 23:05:59

lol i just sent in my contact form take a look

ok to the bastards who contacted a mr tom fulp for the site newgrounds.com you should all go to hell and die you had free exposure to a site with 500k members you dumbass pricks when kids ask me wtf is lego i'll tell them its a piece of shit dont bother ,plz step away from your shitty corporate lives and go back to your empty penthouse and sit alone for awhile...

and after you submit it you get a page with a big Thank You! ,well no problems

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 23:23:54

i was a K-NEX type of kid, or however you spell it.

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 23:41:48

This all makes me pretty fucking mad.

I've been building with Lego for a few years now.
Proof! :
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=9073

They've made mistakes here and there, but this is just immense.
The whole fun with Lego is creating things.
So OF COURSE you're going to have creative people who are creative in other things BESIDES Lego, expressing their love of Lego in other ways.

-JINZONINGEN 73
Great way to whiz all over their supporters.
This is sad.http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=9073

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 23:43:46

Eh... it stuck my link at the bottom lol. I was saying the situation is sad, not my Brickshelf folder.
X D

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 23:59:19

At 10/11/04 04:17 PM, TomFulp wrote:
A lot of times I fight this stuff, but in this case fuck it...

Whoahhhhhh! First time I ever heard Tom swear :D