00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Console Contest Winner

10,685 Views | 103 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 00:25:13

Just curious, where the page load problems this morning due to the load balancer being installed?

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 00:33:44

gsgshfddha

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 02:31:06

At 10/4/04 09:20 AM, TomFulp wrote: Congratulations to TheLeoness, this month's console winner! If you aren't familiar with our console contest, read all about it!

Congrats

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 03:12:06

At 10/4/04 07:08 PM, TheLeoness wrote: Justification

Congrats, and don't worry so much about the naysayers. They're just jealous. Besides, the same thing is said about UOTD, and that's even more random than this.

Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drum...

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 05:44:24

At 10/4/04 09:20 AM, TomFulp wrote: Congratulations to TheLeoness, this month's console winner! If you aren't familiar with our console contest, read all about it!

Congratulations :)

http://www.interstellarmarines.com/

the best AAA Indie game in the making, help the game by spreading the word! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 06:17:56

Congratulations again Leo! I know I've talked to you yesterday, but I'm still very happy for you.

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 06:18:37

If someone doesn't win, they bitch about a FREE contest. Leave it to the 12 year olds to whine and complain for something they didn't win, but they also didn't even have to do anything to enter.

Congratulations on the win, and Star Ocean was pretty good.

I liked Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow more than it tho.

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 06:51:04

At 10/4/04 09:24 AM, 666pyro666 wrote: Damn, everyone who wins is so lucky. The chances are so bad, but oh well.

lol yea

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 07:10:58

Once again I didn't win. Which isnt surprising.

Well, theres always next month.

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 07:36:49

At 10/4/04 11:18 AM, deck_head_tottie wrote:
But what concerns me the most is the fact she left the kitchen.

Yeah, her man better get that woman in doing the dishes, making the dinner cleaning the house and washing the car all at the same time or he has no respect.

Congrats TheLeoness, now back in the kitchen and make us all sammiches.

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 08:04:46

At 10/4/04 11:44 AM, TheLeoness wrote: OMG! ROFL!

I didn't even know there was a contest going on till I get this e-mail informing me I won. Thanks for all the congratulations, everyone. I just came back from a two day camping trip, and everything's been going so well for me right now. This really brightened up my day....

Now, I would like to know what you guys think I should pick? I've already got a PS2 (the first version, though, that is somewhat problematic at times) and a Gamecube. X-Box is really not my thing. I can pick 3 games if I want.... What are your suggestions, everyone? I am very excited about this.

And thanks again, Tom! I'm sooooooooooo happy! :D

no...really...xbox is real good! you should get it!! I HAVE ONE AND I play ps2 and gamecube with my friends too...and i think xbox is rel good...(its not like im on a side or anything i just think that gambecubes going down...no ofense) Xbox has a good futrure: Halo 2 CONKER LIVE AND RELOADED!!(the sequel to my favorite game of all time!!!:D :D)

anyway...those are just my thoughts and opinions... ;)

peace,

p.s. your a girl and im making a cartoon...i need one...you thnk you can voice for it?? the projects gonna be big!! email me and maybe well chat on msn about it

almightyhans hotmail com

ok?

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 11:10:01

At 10/4/04 10:10 PM, Mr_Destruction wrote: i think we should physically enter for the contest every month, then be eligible to win once we deposit, instead of every person who deposits being automatically entered in. that way, we wont have people like the last few who have no fucking clue there was a contest (shows how much they "contibute")

As I have already mentioned, she had deposited every day that the competition was running last month, so she did as much as she possibly could have done - whether or not she knew there was a competition is irrelevant - in fact, that makes it more fitting that she did win.... That she was voting and taking part in the Portal without realising she could have won something as a result of doing so.

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 11:25:38

At 10/5/04 11:10 AM, liljim wrote: As I have already mentioned, she had deposited every day that the competition was running last month, so she did as much as she possibly could have done - whether or not she knew there was a competition is irrelevant - in fact, that makes it more fitting that she did win.... That she was voting and taking part in the Portal without realising she could have won something as a result of doing so.

but still... there are a lot of persons on newgrounds who deserve it more. like people with a lot of blams/protects. they spend more time on newgrounds than those un-known people who just simply deposit everyday.

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 11:26:19

why is everyone arguing about this ? NG's users need to learn to ignore stupid people, because it's useless to argue about something like this. I mean, the people are obviously jealous about the fact that they did not win and the fact that they are jealous is quite stupid. Even if TheLeoness did not know about the contest, it is even better that she deposited EVERYDAY without knowing that there was an incentive. It's kind of like doing commmunity service then wind up getting paid when you didn't expect it. What I'm trying to get at is that people should just be happy for her rather then complain about it, I know if any of these people who are complaining wouldn't be if they had one.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 11:42:08

well theres always next month for me.
w00t

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 12:10:52

Lucky! congrats leoness!

BlueZombieClock is back.

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 12:53:17

aww crap that is the reason i joined newgrounds in the first place!!

but ive benn having so much fun here i forgot about the console giveaway!! ( i knew i was increasing my experience level every week, but i forgot why!!)

my felicitations to TheLeoness!!!!!!!

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 14:03:37

At 10/5/04 11:25 AM, BareNakedSneepioo wrote: but still... there are a lot of persons on newgrounds who deserve it more. like people with a lot of blams/protects. they spend more time on newgrounds than those un-known people who just simply deposit everyday.

It's a contest fool! It's not, whoever is the most active user on NG wins! It's whoever gets the luck of the draw wins! If someone with a million dollars wins the lottery and someone who has $10 to their name doesn't win, that's the luck of the draw. They aren't going to say "Oh, you have a million dollars, so you can't win, we're going to give it to this other guy who deserves it more."

Also we do want to encourage more people to sign up for accounts and contribute to Newgrounds by voting on entries. The more people we have voting the more fair things will be.

Also some artists who submit content to Newgrounds may ask "Why don't I get a reward? I'm actually submitting content." well, their reward is they have a place to submit their work where a huge audience can see it and our goal is to provide them with the largest audience possible.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 14:57:17

Tired of stealing accounts, so you're stealing sigs now eh bend?

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 15:07:23

At 10/5/04 02:57 PM, JerkClock wrote: Tired of stealing accounts, so you're stealing sigs now eh bend?

Everyone is using it to support the new aura, dumbass.

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 15:11:31

You know, this contest is unfair to those of us who want to keep their current level :o( Eh, whatever. Consoles suck anyways ;o)

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 15:15:29

At 10/5/04 03:07 PM, EVIL-C wrote:

Chill, I'm just harassing bend.

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 15:30:02

At 10/5/04 11:25 AM, BareNakedSneepioo wrote: but still... there are a lot of persons on newgrounds who deserve it more.

Don't you mean to say "I DESERVE IT MORE"?

It's a contest. It's about luck, not what you contribute. L-U-C-K.

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 16:01:28

Hey Tom! I don't have any consoles...PICK ME FOR NEXT MONTH PLEASE!!!!

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 16:55:38

At 10/5/04 11:25 AM, BareNakedSneepioo wrote: but still... there are a lot of persons on newgrounds who deserve it more. like people with a lot of blams/protects. they spend more time on newgrounds than those un-known people who just simply deposit everyday.

That isn't what the contest is about, its about depositing. So it should only be judged on deposits. Quit whining and just wait for next month.

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 17:43:46

Yea punk. What he said plus 2. Theres a new aura coming out? Just curious.

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 17:51:52

At 10/5/04 03:07 PM, EVIL-C wrote:
At 10/5/04 02:57 PM, JerkClock wrote: Tired of stealing accounts, so you're stealing sigs now eh bend?

if they wont give us new levels, we wont get new aura's (at least anytime soon)

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 22:01:38

At 10/5/04 03:11 PM, WindStrike wrote: You know, this contest is unfair to those of us who want to keep their current level :o( Eh, whatever. Consoles suck anyways ;o)

you could make an alternate account just for depositing experience every day ;)

Wonder how many people are trying to cheat by having multiple accounts depositing every day just in an attempt to increase thier chances.

Breast Cancer Awareness month is over...stop squeezing random boobies. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 22:21:16

At 10/5/04 03:11 PM, WindStrike wrote: You know, this contest is unfair to those of us who want to keep their current level :o(

Unfair?

Console Contest Winner

Response to Console Contest Winner 2004-10-05 22:41:48

woo! have fun but im gonna woop next time!