00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

999,959 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-19 22:12:52

At 10/19/04 10:43 AM, -Mazza- wrote:
Captain doesn't have a lot of speed, though. His running speed's great(the fastest in the game), but his moves aren't that fast, if you don't count his rapid punches.

not if im him. i just do a triple combo with him and kill you in a second. raptor punch grapple explosion thing, then falcon kick. Then they are yours

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-19 22:21:26

Melee! the best multiplayer game ever! I used to play this game alot but now i dont have time. My favorite character is link and favorite stage is temple and mute city.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-19 22:52:50

At 10/19/04 10:12 PM, dsmking wrote:
At 10/19/04 10:43 AM, -Mazza- wrote:
not if im him. i just do a triple combo with him and kill you in a second. raptor punch grapple explosion thing, then falcon kick. Then they are yours

we have to agree that his up + A is strong and fast! Unlike Ganondorf ;-)

Sig made by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-20 03:22:29

I love SSB to N64 and gamecube.

on N64 I play as Pikachu and on gamecube I can play with almost every character besides Mr Game & Watch on the other hand I have never met a person who can play good with him.

I have a lot of fav melee characters and I haven't lost with Roy a single time on VS but it might just be that my freinds suck....

anyhow can I join?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-20 09:11:12

At 10/19/04 10:12 PM, dsmking wrote: not if im him. i just do a triple combo with him and kill you in a second. raptor punch grapple explosion thing, then falcon kick. Then they are yours

Hm, I'll try that one.

At 10/19/04 10:52 PM, Snowy_Beast wrote: we have to agree that his up + A is strong and fast! Unlike Ganondorf ;-)

Up+A smash=RIP Crazy Hand

At 10/20/04 03:22 AM, mathias_carlson wrote: I love SSB to N64 and gamecube.

on N64 I play as Pikachu and on gamecube I can play with almost every character besides Mr Game & Watch on the other hand I have never met a person who can play good with him.

I'm not really good with MG&W myself, but he's not my worst character by any means. He's actually pretty good in some fights.

I have a lot of fav melee characters and I haven't lost with Roy a single time on VS but it might just be that my freinds suck....

Same here.

anyhow can I join?

You probably can, but it's not my decision.

fucking magnets man how do they work

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-21 09:28:53

The only character I can beat with Mr Game & Watch is Samus. The only thing is to wait for you're opponent to charge up the blue giant shot catch three of them with Down B and then shot back pretty easy if you're playing against a bad player.
But mostly Samus players are really good because Samus rocks on distance and close combat. But she gets knocked out to easaly and it's rather easy to avoid her attacks.

best close combat is Roy. He has some great smash attacks combined with his massive A-forward attacks knocks the most characters off stage and if one is skillful you can also use the A-forward attack as an Meteor punch but I guess you know all this that I'm talking about. Seems like we have a lot of really good players in this club :)

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-21 12:17:34

At 10/21/04 09:28 AM, mathias_carlson wrote: The only character I can beat with Mr Game & Watch is Samus. The only thing is to wait for you're opponent to charge up the blue giant shot catch three of them with Down B and then shot back pretty easy if you're playing against a bad player.
But mostly Samus players are really good because Samus rocks on distance and close combat. But she gets knocked out to easaly and it's rather easy to avoid her attacks.

best close combat is Roy. He has some great smash attacks combined with his massive A-forward attacks knocks the most characters off stage and if one is skillful you can also use the A-forward attack as an Meteor punch but I guess you know all this that I'm talking about. Seems like we have a lot of really good players in this club :)

Yeah, I agree about Roy, but my favorite long-range character is definitely Link. His attacks don't do much damage, but they give you a clean shot. One of my favorite moves against a computer is to wait until they're jumping over a gap, and then boomerang them. Usually, they'll dodge, and plummet to their death.
Cruel.

BTW, Meteor Punch? Aren't those like really weak attacks? You do get a bonus rating if you KO someone with them, though.

Also, does anyone know all the names of the A-attacks? I know all of the B attacks(they're on the trophies), but I'm looking for a list of the A attacks. I already know a couple, for example Mewtwo's Shadow Claw(forward+A in the air). I know I've seen a list somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-21 12:53:53

At 10/21/04 09:28 AM, mathias_carlson wrote: The only character I can beat with Mr Game & Watch is Samus. The only thing is to wait for you're opponent to charge up the blue giant shot catch three of them with Down B and then shot back pretty easy if you're playing against a bad player.

Come on.. Game and Watch is a great player!!!! There's no need to recharge his down B to beat someone... it's a strong attack but Ga,e & Watch is a so tricky char.... if you are good and that's you know how to strife walls, you can beat anybody!

Indeed.. she not that easy to play with.

I do prefer Roy to Marth... but Marth got better range and his faster... causing ROy to look like an ass when they play against each other.

Sig made by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-21 13:35:49

Meteor punch is often a strong attacks that when you get a good hit then it smashes the opponent downwards and if you get a good hit then it will kill the opponent rather easaly.
A good meteor punch is when gannendorf is in the eair press down and then A. The you should know what an metoer punch is.

Like I said I don't know how to play with Game & watch although I'm sure that he is a good character when one learns his moves.

Don't you get the name of all smash attacks when you win a allstar trophy. I think so but after I have written this post I will check it. So I'll get back at that.

Marth is a good character although he has some major probs like when hitting on a character that is close to you. I wouldn't call him a close combat player I think he is best on medium distance so he can use his sword with full power.
So if you are good and get in close with Roy then Marth is dead meat still with marth you can kill a jumping opponent he has some good air moves. Roy don't have a single good air attacks.

Mewtwo is a great character although he is one of the characters that is hardest to master with his slow moves.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-21 15:25:05

At 10/21/04 01:35 PM, mathias_carlson wrote: Don't you get the name of all smash attacks when you win a allstar trophy. I think so but after I have written this post I will check it. So I'll get back at that.

No, I those are the other half of the B attacks. The first half you get in the Adventure trophies. And I don't mean all smash attacks, plainly all A attacks.

Marth is a good character although he has some major probs like when hitting on a character that is close to you. I wouldn't call him a close combat player I think he is best on medium distance so he can use his sword with full power.

Yeah, perhaps. He's a lot faster than Roy, too, and that gives him an advantage over several opponents.

So if you are good and get in close with Roy then Marth is dead meat still with marth you can kill a jumping opponent he has some good air moves. Roy don't have a single good air attacks.

Agreed. They're powerful enough, but are too slow. Roy's best used on solid ground.

Mewtwo is a great character although he is one of the characters that is hardest to master with his slow moves.

Again, I agree. I'm not that good with Mewtwo myself, but I usually use the Shadow Claw(arial right/left+A) or the arial A attack, as they're the fastest. Another one of my strategies is to teleport a couple of times to get out of the way, and then start charging up. Mewtwo's also great in 15-minute Melee, since you can stand under a platform and start charging, and the Wireframes will bounce off it. I prefer DK's Hand Slap move, though, as you'll rarely get hit. Downside is you'll get a sore thumb after 15 minutes are over.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-22 04:08:49

Yeah DK owns att almost all minute man trials alhtough he suck at cruel the only character I can get ower 40 KO's with on cruel melee is Roy.
Only hand on the edges of the plattform jump out a little bit and then use the up+B attack then they'll die directly but still if they hit you you are dead.
They do the same thing all the time and the same characters are spawning so you just have to learn how they move and knock the off the plattform.

What is you're records on Home Run and Cruel melee?
on home run I have 499 and on Cruel I have 52 guess most of you have more then I....

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-22 10:38:51

At 10/22/04 04:08 AM, mathias_carlson wrote: Yeah DK owns att almost all minute man trials alhtough he suck at cruel the only character I can get ower 40 KO's with on cruel melee is Roy.

Lol, I only got around 10 KOs in Cruel Melee, but I don't play those a lot. I only played it to get the Mr. Resetti(who is, by the way, really cool to run into in Animal Crossing) trophy, and I got it with Pikachu. Thunder works wonders.

Only hand on the edges of the plattform jump out a little bit and then use the up+B attack then they'll die directly but still if they hit you you are dead.

Agreed. Roy isn't that good for Cruel Melee in my opinion, since his attacks are so slow. Marth isn't good either, considering he can't KO opponents in one hit, wich kind of is a must in Cruel Melee.

They do the same thing all the time and the same characters are spawning so you just have to learn how they move and knock the off the plattform.

What is you're records on Home Run and Cruel melee?
on home run I have 499 and on Cruel I have 52 guess most of you have more then I....

Nope. I've got about as much in Home Run, I think, but as I said before, I only have like 10 on Cruel melee.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-22 13:29:29

Hey sorry for my absence guys, I was banned. Anyone who asked to join can.
NEW TOPIC: Link or Young Link?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-23 04:09:51

At 10/22/04 01:29 PM, King_Batermaster wrote: Hey sorry for my absence guys, I was banned. Anyone who asked to join can.

Tough call.....Link's got more range and power, but Young Link's got more speed, and that's always a huge plus for me. But I'd say Link, I like using the Hookshot a lot, and Young Link's Hookshot isn't nearly as good.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-23 06:03:46

Young Link vs Link that's not easy to decide. Depends on what the opponent chooses. Young Link gets the opponents damage fast but he hasn't so good punches to hit the opponent out of the plattform, so if you are facing a character that is easy to know out of the plattform you should use young link but if you are facing characters like gannendorf, bowser and so on you should use link.

A match between Link and Young Link i think that link would win because he don't have to hit young link so many times before he dies.

I don't know what the rest of you think but I feel like Link is a much better character the young link mostly because he is a little easier to handle.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-23 20:13:54

At 10/13/04 09:33 PM, poopflinger wrote: hey i was wondering if I could join. The game is really sweet and im really good with marth and im also good with captain falcon, mario, falco, link, and samus

Where'd this guy go? LMAO

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-24 17:05:57

At 10/22/04 01:29 PM, King_Batermaster wrote: Hey sorry for my absence guys, I was banned. Anyone who asked to join can.

Forgot to awnser my own question.

I really choose Young Link. He is faster and a smaller target. Who needs range, when you can run up to a guy really fast an shoot him and run back before he can touch you? Plus he has a multiple hit ^b attack unlike link's single blow. His taunt is also cooler even though it's one of (if not the) longest taunts in the game.

NEW TOPIC: Favorite taunt?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-25 02:12:30

eas y question Gannondorfs taunt

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-25 02:40:01

At 10/24/04 05:05 PM, -KingBatermaster- wrote:

Captain Falcon and Mario!

Sig made by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-25 03:55:43

BTW, Meteor Punch? Aren't those like really weak attacks? You do get a bonus rating if you KO someone with them, though.

what are you nuts? meteor smashes are hard to pull off, but are pretty much the most effective attacks in the game. the way you do it is you hit your opponent off the side, it doesnt matter what their percent is. you jump off the side and kick them downwards as they try to jump back. if you hit them, it kills them pretty much every time.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-25 14:35:44

much better explanation of meteor hit then i did T_T (ages ago)
want to join i think we need some more members on this crew...

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-25 15:15:52

At 10/24/04 05:05 PM, -KingBatermaster- wrote: I really choose Young Link. He is faster and a smaller target. Who needs range, when you can run up to a guy really fast an shoot him and run back before he can touch you? Plus he has a multiple hit ^b attack unlike link's single blow. His taunt is also cooler even though it's one of (if not the) longest taunts in the game.

The only one that might be longer is Mario's taunt, though I doubt it's actually longer.

Hmmm, tough one. I always liked Yoshi's taunt and Dr. Mario's, and you can hurt someone with Luigi's taunt.

At 10/25/04 03:55 AM, jojosebay wrote: what are you nuts? meteor smashes are hard to pull off, but are pretty much the most effective attacks in the game. the way you do it is you hit your opponent off the side, it doesnt matter what their percent is. you jump off the side and kick them downwards as they try to jump back. if you hit them, it kills them pretty much every time.

I actually never use those attacks. I'll try them out later :P
And thanks for the explanation.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-25 15:33:55

At 10/25/04 03:15 PM, -Mazza- wrote:
At 10/24/04 05:05 PM, -KingBatermaster- wrote: I really choose Young Link. He is faster and a smaller target. Who needs range, when you can run up to a guy really fast an shoot him and run back before he can touch you? Plus he has a multiple hit ^b attack unlike link's single blow. His taunt is also cooler even though it's one of (if not the) longest taunts in the game.
The only one that might be longer is Mario's taunt, though I doubt it's actually longer.

Hmmm, tough one. I always liked Yoshi's taunt and Dr. Mario's, and you can hurt someone with Luigi's taunt.

Mario's taunt is sweet!! But Captain Falcon's taunt Falco's taunt Mart's taunt and DK's taunt are by far my favorite. Ohh and Zelda/Sheik taunt, both are nice! Makes your oponen mad! ^^

Sig made by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-25 17:44:26

I like Dr mario's taunt the best...i think.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-25 19:40:03

At 10/25/04 05:44 PM, -KingBatermaster- wrote: I like Dr mario's taunt the best...i think.

I have to agree that he looks cool when he takes his pill!

What's for the worst taunt of all??

The worst to me is by far Ice Climbers's taunt

Sig made by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-25 20:18:40

hey i would like to join i love smashin

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-25 20:20:31

At 10/25/04 05:44 PM, -KingBatermaster- wrote: I like Dr mario's taunt the best...i think.

i like yoshi just because hes my favorite charcter. But i like dk's cause he's like is that all u got. dang ur garbage.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-25 20:54:56

At 10/25/04 08:18 PM, DarkKame wrote: hey i would like to join i love smashin

Sure man just list fav characters, witch game you play and your fav level/s!

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-25 20:56:56

AS the Vice President I say.... welcome abord my friend!

Sig made by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2004-10-25 23:14:05

hey i want to be in on this! my friend and i have been playing ssbm since it came out! my total damage done(in the data menu) is 4,845,090 right now. i like gannon, falco and jigglypuff.