Be a Supporter!
ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-17 10:40:59 Reply

At 9/17/04 07:01 AM, schorhr wrote: Why is that?
I own a Sony Ericsson p800, and I am using a Wap flat fee (5/month) service. I am able to access HTML Content as well, but newgrounds' pages are 100-200 kb in size, and it takes for ever, even with pictures disabled.

I am neither a spammer nor confused, trust me.
All i am planning to do is a little php script that will retrieve NG pages, strips them, and embeds them into a reduced page layout thats also working with other cellphones and browsers.

Alright, you're not a spammer and you seem to know what you're talking about. However, I'm not quite sure I see how this makes much sense on its own:

At 9/16/04 03:52 PM, schorhr wrote: I was thinking of making a php solution that would allow a striped access, so i can access it faster through my cellphone.

Rather vague message, if you ask me. Mentioned nothing about retrieving NG pages for small-screen devices, which still has nothing to do with the program basis of this thread.....

schorhr
schorhr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-17 10:57:23 Reply

I said i wanted to make a php solution to access NG on a cellphone. That was pretty obvious :)

And since it would be an alternative interface for the NG bbs, it actually relates to this toppic. But oh well, I will just go away.

Masterchief2219
Masterchief2219
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-17 16:18:57 Reply

I cant figure out how to use it. It says it failed to open or something.

BBS Signature
ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-17 16:35:00 Reply

At 9/17/04 04:18 PM, Masterchief2219 wrote: I cant figure out how to use it. It says it failed to open or something.

Make sure you've got the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installed. You can get this through Windows Update.

GUTHRIE
GUTHRIE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Programmer
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-17 17:41:03 Reply

It doesn't want to work on my Windows 98SE computer, but it works fine on my Windows XP computer which sucks, because the Win 98se one is the one I use.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ email_steam_last.fm_psn _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ GUTHRIE

BBS Signature
ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-17 17:56:15 Reply

At 9/17/04 05:41 PM, stampeder wrote: It doesn't want to work on my Windows 98SE computer, but it works fine on my Windows XP computer which sucks, because the Win 98se one is the one I use.

Try downloading the .NET Framework and installing it on your Win98 computer: http://www.microsoft.com/downl...83353618b38&displaylang=en If that one doesn't work, try this older version: http://www.microsoft.com/downl...34D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

GUTHRIE
GUTHRIE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Programmer
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-17 18:57:06 Reply

At 9/17/04 05:56 PM, ShittyKitty wrote:
At 9/17/04 05:41 PM, stampeder wrote: It doesn't want to work on my Windows 98SE computer, but it works fine on my Windows XP computer which sucks, because the Win 98se one is the one I use.
Try downloading the .NET Framework and installing it on your Win98 computer:

23 megs?
Thats a mighty big fix, there.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ email_steam_last.fm_psn _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ GUTHRIE

BBS Signature
ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-17 18:59:54 Reply

At 9/17/04 06:57 PM, stampeder wrote: 23 megs?
Thats a mighty big fix, there.

Yeah, I know. I used to include the runtime stuff for my older programs, when I wrote using an older language. But that was only 3MB, so it wasn't so bad. That .NET Framework is huge, though. On the good side, a lot of programs use these files, so it's not all for naught.

GUTHRIE
GUTHRIE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Programmer
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-17 19:07:03 Reply

That did it.

BBS Signature
Acid
Acid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-17 19:41:04 Reply

I don't get it... What is it supposed to do?

You could really go for a chocolate chip cookie right about now...

BBS Signature
delteated
delteated
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-17 19:43:40 Reply

At 9/17/04 07:41 PM, Acid-Rain wrote: I don't get it... What is it supposed to do?

Well, at first I thought it was for auto-fellatio, but then I realised that it was for breaking up posts to fit within the size limits, in an intelligent manner. I never make posts that are so long, but it's a nice idea for people with verbal diarrhoea like j00bie ;)

ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-17 19:45:07 Reply

At 9/17/04 07:41 PM, Acid-Rain wrote: I don't get it... What is it supposed to do?

At this point, it's just a text editor that can insert font formatting commands and webpage links. It also makes quoting HTML easier, highlights quotes with different colors for each quote level, and can break apart long posts for you. So it's basically a text editor on steroids, made especially for Newgrounds.

gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-22 10:19:56 Reply

At 9/17/04 07:45 PM, ShittyKitty wrote:
At this point, it's just a text editor that can insert font formatting commands and webpage links. It also makes quoting HTML easier, highlights quotes with different colors for each quote level, and can break apart long posts for you. So it's basically a text editor on steroids, made especially for Newgrounds.

I must admit, however... that I either don't understand the full utility of it... or the point in the first place.

The main reason I DLed it to give it a try is to see if it would make splitting up big posts in to <6.25-6.5k chunks easier than notepad makes it (which is easy enough, but it requires either some guestimation (write a bunch of shit, see that it's 11k when you save it, try to select about half of the stuff, post the first half, then post the second half) or the use of more than one file (write a bunch of shit, see that it's 11k when you save it, select the second half, paste it to another file, save both, see if they're both under 6.5k, post 'em both).

So anyway, I tested it out with some posts I'd already typed up in notepad, and it's nifty how you can colour the quoting and all, but I'm so used to reading quoting by number of :s that it's easy for me already, either in the post window or notepad...

so... I try to figure out how to do the bytecounting... and there doesn't seem to be an option for it. Breaking it up by carriage return seems to randomly induce a "POST BREAK" which I guess is supposed to let you know to clip it there... and breaking it up by quoted text doesn't seem to work, either. I don't get it, man.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-22 11:03:04 Reply

At 9/22/04 10:19 AM, gfoxcook wrote: So anyway, I tested it out with some posts I'd already typed up in notepad, and it's nifty how you can colour the quoting and all, but I'm so used to reading quoting by number of :s that it's easy for me already, either in the post window or notepad...

Yeah, but there's a few people that have a hard time with the quoting system.

so... I try to figure out how to do the bytecounting... and there doesn't seem to be an option for it. Breaking it up by carriage return seems to randomly induce a "POST BREAK" which I guess is supposed to let you know to clip it there... and breaking it up by quoted text doesn't seem to work, either. I don't get it, man.

Hrm...I have to go to class now, but when I get back I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

GUTHRIE
GUTHRIE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Programmer
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-24 17:27:14 Reply

The quoting doen't want to change colors for me.

BBS Signature
ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-24 17:41:13 Reply

At 9/24/04 05:27 PM, stampeder wrote: The quoting doen't want to change colors for me.

So when you click the Tools menu and select Highlight Quotes it doesn't do anything?

gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-24 17:53:37 Reply

At 9/22/04 11:03 AM, NiceKitty wrote: Hrm...I have to go to class now, but when I get back I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

See... you may have e-mailed me about the update, but... the last time I checked your website, I didn't see anything about it... and the last time I checked this topic, this was still the last post in it. You should post about an update to this program in here, anyway, man! Let the peoples know what's new and what's different about it and all, yanno? #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to NG Post Editor 2004-09-24 18:06:18 Reply

At 9/24/04 05:53 PM, gfoxcook wrote: You should post about an update to this program in here, anyway, man! Let the peoples know what's new and what's different about it and all, yanno? #;-}>

Um....oops!