00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Portal Index

26,401 Views | 225 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 04:40:32

At 9/10/04 10:21 PM, liljim wrote:
Finally, for those of you in the path of Hurricane Ivan - take care of yourselves.

Last but not least me, thanks jim for mentioning that, ya guys didnt say anything about francis so i thought you guys forgot about us now that i konw you guys havent, i apreciate it. Much <3 :)

Check me out!

"Of course lifes a bitch, because if it was a slut, it would be too easy"

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 04:48:44

dont get me wrong the new layout is very cool, good looking etc.
but mabye a bit of "googleisation" is in order, it is very busy and crowded.
simple is good.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 05:13:34

I didn't really like the new look when it was first put on, but as the days gone by its grown on me.

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 05:23:46

The new layout looks great!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 05:25:09

I luuuv it!!!!!!

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 05:35:03

yey i was waiting for an update

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 05:45:52

At 9/10/04 10:21 PM, liljim wrote: By now, some of you will have noticed the new Portal layout. Apologies to those of you who saw some of the images and text sizes goofing up in the old layout prior to me releasing this....

Heh. Yeah, I saw the top 20 weekly shift to a larger font and include the game/movie icons and... I knew something was up. Come back to the portal half an hour later and.... BAM!

Anyway, things to note:

1. The top swf animation will probably be brought down greatly in filesize. Stamper was working on that, but I think he's finally made the right choice and gone to sleep after a twenty hour stint in front of his computer.

That's groovy. Could you make it default to low quality mode as well, for us ancient computer peoples? #;-}>

2. The rollovers on the recent list contain content advisories now. That will be spread to the rest of the listings in time.

Fairly nifty stat to replace the batting average slot that used to be on 'em.

Anyway, I think the overall look is great... I like the new icons for the daily/weekly awards on the left and that area in general... I like that the same basic Pico & friends bits from the now-old portal are intact... and I absolutely LOVE the new portal game. It's kinda halfway between the old old one (minus the bus, of course... but complete with cursor-targetting!) and the old one (swfs flying toward a glowy star-type thing that I always thought was a BAD thing in the old design... but now is apparently revealed as the state of Protection, seeing as how a flash can't be "blammed" by mouseover if it makes it well off into the distance on the left side! #;-}>). Awesomeness.

If I had one complaint (well, okay, I guess I kinda do), it would be similar to what about half of the people have said:

The fontsize/colour of titles makes it hard to read them at times. Especially the already visited links... but even the unvisited ones as well. To me, it doesn't matter whether there's a gray/blue/green/red bar behind the title or not, it's just too small compared to how my fontsize displayed the titles on the old design, that's all.

I hope you'll consider nudging the fontsize up by +1, as no one's saying it's too big and few are saying it's just right and many are saying it's too small. #;-}>

Thanks for some great work, liljim+stamper. :::salutes:::

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 05:47:01

The new layout looks *great*, nothing more to say.

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 05:49:53

cant believe i missed out on the portal bein changed, i just got up and its all sexyful and different! :-o needless to say it looks amazing and yeah i couldnt really see how you were gunna change it but its definately a huge improvement.

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 06:02:26

Wow, just wow! I LOVE it!! I haven't been this happy with an NG change since NG stopped using Frames way back when. It looks BEAUTIFUL!

Bravo Stamper, Bravo. You guys nailed it with this one; the Portal is bitchin'.

I must lollerskate on this matter.

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 06:47:19

I think you guys over-did it. I liked the last animation more, and I think you just over-did on the graphics. It looks al buldged up.

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 06:51:56

nice layout. I would like to see the ranks back though such as A+ and stuff. Also, the entries submitted yesterday ect look out f place. Besides that its good

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 06:53:41

I really like the new look!

The text could be hard to read for some people, I can see that. You can see that it's ok if you havent clicked on on it yet, but the contrast of the text and the colour behind it makes it a bit foggy. Example #1 and 2 in the pic.

#3 this big blocky text now looks terrible compared with the new style of the portal!

New Portal Index

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 06:54:43

woah! that's gonna take time to get used to

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 06:59:36

nice work, it looks great, but how do i get blam/protect points? thats what the portal is for right?

words

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 07:00:21

sorry, but it really doesn't look good in my opinion. please get back the old one.

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 07:23:17

new portal looks good!

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 07:26:41

Fantastic new layout, good work from Will and James once again! It even displays superbly on Mozilla, which is great.

At 9/11/04 06:53 AM, Admiral8Q wrote: #3 this big blocky text now looks terrible compared with the new style of the portal!

I have to agree with you there. Looks like Times New Roman. It's kinda inconsistent with the other text on that page. Meh.

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 07:37:15

At 9/10/04 10:25 PM, WTFN-Canuck wrote: How hypocritical of NG.

"Hey u guys r using our portal idea!!! give credit"

"Hey theres an awesome idea from TheCrunge! Lets take it without credit"

The fuck ever, I did that in the NG Mag before The Crunge grew hair on their balls. I just carried the shit over from the Mag to the real NG when people decided they liked shit defined.

How about you give credit, you're fagging up my boys over at WTFN with your bullshit.

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 07:53:47

At 9/11/04 07:00 AM, Highriser wrote: sorry, but it really doesn't look good in my opinion. please get back the old one.

whoaaa, well now i guess they will just have to go back to the old layout! hahaha. i think NOT!!
--
Gfox, my opinion is very similar to yours.
and yeh, i was also refreshing the portal page, and for about 5 minutes, it was twice as wide as what it normally was, i was like, wtf?! haha.
and then, the 'weekly top 20' list was about 3 times the size it should have been, hehehe.
but then, soon after, the new portal page arrived... and i was dumbfounded!! so damn awesome.
also, i really really love the new interactive banner thingo! that thing is so damn addictive! hahaha. and also, as someone mentioned on page 2, i think, if you have your mouse on the banner, click and then hold TAB, all of the flashes are just killed instantly!! AWESOME PWNGE!!! hahah!!
so well done guys with the new layout.
but, as a lot of people have said, the movie titals are a bit hard to read if you've already visited that link... but meh, i love it!!
--
also, i must be one of the few people that have seen a submission that was 'Near Death'!! it looked way cool. the red looked awesome, and i think that i saw something like a part of a skull in amongst the redness of it all, is this true?! lol.
well, overall, i totally love the new layout for it.
now that you guys have done the BBS and the portal, get on to the rest of it!! hahaha. keep up the awesomeness, liljimmy.

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 08:06:26

At 9/11/04 07:53 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: whoaaa, well now i guess they will just have to go back to the old layout!

be quiet. the new one just looks unprofessional. the old one was clear graphic
design. the new one ist overload and bad photoshop.

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 08:24:04

Forget what I said about the flash animation...it fucking pwns, reminds me of the bus one, only this is easier...but I still think that the portal is too buldged up.

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 08:26:49

The flash portal looks better than ever. I loved the easter egg for blamming flashes (Move your mouse over the portal animation to see what I'm on about)

Great job in dragging NG into the year 2004

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 08:49:58

The actual portal animation (I do love blowing up the swf's) does look a little gay though, I dunno, maybe it's just me. But the bright pink and yellows I think don't really go well with the NG color scheme, hmmm. It is different, which can be good though. Regardless of how gay it looks, besides the colors, it looks awesome.

Great work whoever made it, (I am guessing stamper).

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 09:06:43

Just had a look. Looks really good.

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 09:07:43

the index page looks really good now.

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 09:19:39

I don't know what to think. I liked the old one better

You could really go for a chocolate chip cookie right about now...

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 09:21:01

I was wondering if something was wrong with my computer yesterday. Nice job, I love the new layout.

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 09:21:53

Prefered the old one, this new one is too dark, makes it hard to see the text.

Response to New Portal Index 2004-09-11 09:35:56

At 9/10/04 10:21 PM, liljim wrote: Finally, for those of you in the path of Hurricane Ivan - take care of yourselves.

Thank you. We'll definitely try. They keep changing it's course slightly. I hope they continue to change it more.

a.k.a. Mary

My NG Wiki Page

"i guess it's settled that carm is a the manliest and most chauvinistic of mods? ^_________^" - Rucklo

BBS Signature