00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

hypnoshaven just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Total Listing

67,594 Views | 1,369 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-03 06:43:31

At 2/2/05 09:56 PM, ShittyKitty wrote:
* Blam/Save (the main bp list)
* Experience
* Voting Power
* Reviews

Looks good, shame i will still be sitting at around 600 on that new list due to me being at shitty places in all those lists, if only you would incorporate the unnamed list, i think i would atleast move up to 500 :D Cant wait to see it anyway SK.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-03 10:50:40

At 2/2/05 09:56 PM, ShittyKitty wrote:
* Experience
* Voting Power
* Reviews

Hmm. I'd be about 440 I think.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-03 13:04:50

At 2/3/05 06:43 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Looks good, shame i will still be sitting at around 600 on that new list due to me being at shitty places in all those lists, if only you would incorporate the unnamed list, i think i would atleast move up to 500 :D Cant wait to see it anyway SK.

Well, I didn't want to constrict the new list too much. You see, as it stands, the smallest list (reviews) is about 18,000 people. However, the list you're talking about is only about 1,600 people. That means that if I included that list, there could be no more than 1,600 people on the new ALR list.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-03 13:11:41

At 2/3/05 01:04 PM, ShittyKitty wrote:
Well, I didn't want to constrict the new list too much. You see, as it stands, the smallest list (reviews) is about 18,000 people. However, the list you're talking about is only about 1,600 people. That means that if I included that list, there could be no more than 1,600 people on the new ALR list.

Oh yeah, ramagi almost certainly wins that list.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-03 13:39:23

At 2/2/05 09:56 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Ugh, I've been posting right after myself too much tonight. So much stuff to say, though, and never at the same time!

I posted in between. If that helps.

Anyway, what I'm posting to say is that I've coded a test version of the All List Ranks (ALR) list. In order to appear in this list, you must appear in these lists as well:

* Experience
* Voting Power
* Reviews

I picked these four because otherwise, I would be restricting the user set too much. The ALR list uses a sum total of your rank on each of the four lists above. It's like golf: the lower your ALR number, the better. This list will be published every Sunday, starting with the next update (February 6) if I can get the kinks worked out of the list by then.

That is an interesting thing to post, I could take a stab now and say who the top 5 will be, I wonder who will be in the top spot of that. *wink*

I almost would like to see review reponse done once out of curosity

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-03 23:50:44

At 2/3/05 01:39 PM, TheIronFist wrote: I almost would like to see review reponse done once out of curosity

You've got bad timing. I ran that list two or three times a while back, but I discontinued it because it took me three times as long to do my list pulls (I had to pull two additional pages to compute number of replies).

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-04 20:20:24

Good news, bad news:

Good news: I managed to slip in the ALR list code without buggering up the other lists.

Bad news: For some reason, the ALR list isn't adding up its numbers correctly. For instance, it's giving me a number almost 5 times as high as it should be. I'm going home for the weekend in an hour, so I won't be able to get the ALR list working for this Sunday (2/6/05). Hopefully, I'll be able to get the list working for next Sunday (2/13/05), though.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-04 20:33:53

Take your time Josh. Have fun at home. ^_^

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-05 00:12:42

Congrats on yet another Quick Draw win OsAmARaMa!

Quick Draw is my number one game. I love this sport.

NG Total Listing

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-05 00:23:07

At 2/5/05 12:12 AM, ReconRebel wrote: Congrats on yet another Quick Draw win OsAmARaMa!

heh, since when has the Quick Draw been a sport? Congrats on getting that cookie Osamarama.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-05 00:30:25

At 2/5/05 12:23 AM, YoinK_VineS wrote:
At 2/5/05 12:12 AM, ReconRebel wrote: Congrats on yet another Quick Draw win OsAmARaMa!

heh, since when has the Quick Draw been a sport?

I could say the same thing about lawn bowling or shuffleboard.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-05 00:44:10

Damnit my computer lagged at the last second.
The best i have ever gotten is like 6th. Tomorrow... i must get it! Or i might flip.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-05 07:46:20

At 2/3/05 01:04 PM, ShittyKitty wrote:

Ahh, cool. I wasnt trying to be an ass or anything SK, i love everything you do for NG anyway, i just hope it lasts. I look forward to seeing this new list, no matter were i am on it ;)

At 2/5/05 12:12 AM, ReconRebel wrote:

Bwahahaha.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-05 20:19:00

I hope my shit-for-brains roommate doesn't restart my machine while I'm gone this weekend. He somehow managed to convince me to let him use it while I'm gone (must have been a moment of weakness on my part...). If he kills it, then QD won't run. I made him promise not to play any games on my computer (to lessen the chance of a locked computer), but that's not a guarantee. *crosses fingers*

At 2/5/05 07:46 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Ahh, cool. I wasnt trying to be an ass or anything SK, i love everything you do for NG anyway, i just hope it lasts. I look forward to seeing this new list, no matter were i am on it ;)

No problems, dude. You're not the first to ask that type of question. Speaking of the ALR list, I've come up with an idea during my little hiatus that might fix the problems I've been having. Now I just have to see if it'll work.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-05 21:36:27

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=227986

How many times do I have to tell you fucking fools to not discuss or give links to this list on the NG BBS? Are you fucking retarded? One more stunt like this, and I'm never doing this list again.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-05 22:07:03

At 2/5/05 09:36 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=227986

How many times do I have to tell you fucking fools to not discuss or give links to this list on the NG BBS? Are you fucking retarded? One more stunt like this, and I'm never doing this list again.

Call me a moron but I don't get it SK. I must have missed your explanation on why you feel this way. I would've thought you'd appreciate someone having a link to your Total Listing in their sig. I'm glad I caught this post because I was thinking of doing just that.

Ever wonder how "Keep off the Grass" signs get posted?

NG Total Listing

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-05 22:22:59

At 2/5/05 10:07 PM, ReconRebel wrote: I would've thought you'd appreciate someone having a link to your Total Listing in their sig.

Well, the fact of the matter is that those kinds of lists aren't apprieciated but some people *cough*dobio*cough* and his site might end up needing to be taken down if people see the list and start spamming to get a higher rank. SK doesn't want to have his thread locked or anything. So gfox usually helps by deleting any posts that include the link or mention the rank. It's to protect SK's site and thread. =)

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-05 23:15:44

At 2/5/05 10:22 PM, Inuzuka-Kiba wrote: Well, the fact of the matter is that those kinds of lists aren't apprieciated but some people *cough*dobio*cough* and his site might end up needing to be taken down if people see the list and start spamming to get a higher rank. SK doesn't want to have his thread locked or anything. So gfox usually helps by deleting any posts that include the link or mention the rank. It's to protect SK's site and thread. =)

Thanks for the info Inuzuka, that was a well written explanation. I never realized what the problem was and yet I condemn spammers on a regular basis. DUH! The politics of this place never cease to amaze me. That's pretty cool how gfox is helping out SK.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-05 23:35:42

At 2/5/05 10:07 PM, ReconRebel wrote: Call me a moron but I don't get it SK. I must have missed your explanation on why you feel this way. I would've thought you'd appreciate someone having a link to your Total Listing in their sig. I'm glad I caught this post because I was thinking of doing just that.

I don't mind links to the Listing, but discussion of the posts list is something I need people to avoid. It was a major ground rule I laid down before I started running that specific list, but I guess I'll have to make a big, bright red statement on the main page about the "no advertising" rule.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-06 00:47:04

At 2/5/05 10:22 PM, Inuzuka-Kiba wrote: It's to protect SK's site and thread. =)

Realistically, the site is never in jeopardy. NG can only control what happens here, so the only thing in question is the integrity (and unlockedness) of this thread. The problems come from the fact that it's a rank listing.

How does one climb the ranks? Get more points than other people.
How do you get more points for that list than other people are getting? By annoying the mods (and everyone else) who has to put up with your crap.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-06 01:01:08

At 2/5/05 09:36 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: How many times do I have to tell you fucking fools to not discuss or give links to this list on the NG BBS? Are you fucking retarded? One more stunt like this, and I'm never doing this list again.

Ah, Gooch... skipping and not reading Sk's warnings, huh? :)

We should remind him to not advertise it whenever he comes posting here again.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-06 01:28:31

At 2/6/05 01:01 AM, EKRegulus wrote: We should remind him to not advertise it whenever he comes posting here again.

Hopefully he'll notice the bright red notice I added underneath the links on my main page.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-06 23:27:12

Welcome to the Sunday, February 6, 2005 update of the NG Total Listing

Or, should I say, the worst fucking update ever? Because the fucking FTP servers decided to be complete assholes and not fucking work half the time. I finally fucking gave up. Screw it. As such, a lot of mirror links aren't working (because the servers aren't working for shit). Also, I couldn't get the experience or review lists to work at all. If you really want to see these lists, you can download them both in a 2.41 MB ZIP here: http://www.jfsoftware.com/ng/ngtl_exp_rev.zip. The main EXP list page is exp-020605.html, while the main REV list page is rev-020605.html.

A couple of notes:

* Have I mentioned that the FTP servers are being complete shitheads? Okay, good...
* Starting Wednesday, I'll start using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). This means smaller page file sizes, make color scheme changes easier, and will allow you to flip between three different color schemes, depending on your preferences. It'll also remember which scheme you last used (this is a per-mirror setting, though).
* I'm pissed off. But I already said that, didn't I? Well, I really am.

http://ngtotallist.tk
http://www.jfsoftware.com/ng/ngtl.html
http://people.tamu.edu/~jbf5609/ng/ngtl.html
http://www.jfsoftware.com/ng/ngtl_exp_rev.zip (experience and review lists)

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-07 10:33:36

At 2/6/05 11:27 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Welcome to the Sunday, February 6, 2005 update of the NG Total Listing

Or, should I say, the worst fucking update ever? Because the fucking FTP servers decided to be complete assholes and not fucking work half the time.

Well that sucks you had so many problems with it. I hope everything is working better for you next full update.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-07 10:43:22

Whee, star #4. Not surprising after yesterday's bonanza. Thanks for the update.

At 2/6/05 11:27 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: * Have I mentioned that the FTP servers are being complete shitheads? Okay, good...

Are you having problems with my domains?

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-07 10:45:25

At 2/7/05 10:43 AM, Denvish wrote: Are you having problems with my domains?

To be honest, I was having disconnection problems across the board. I think something was screwed up with the school network that night.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-07 10:57:31

Thanks ShittyKitty for the update, NG total list is getting pretty dam big now.

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-09 20:35:41

Welcome to the Wednesday, February 9, 2005 update of the NG Total Listing

Thankfully, I had a much smoother time with the FTP servers tonight. Lots of stuff here:

* Today marks the first NGTL update using the new Style Sheets. To change the color scheme, use the drop-down box at the top of each list page. Also, certain standards-compliant browsers like Firefox (no, IE is not standards-compliant) let you change the style by going to the View menu and looking under the Page Style item.
* For some reason, all of the list page titles are weird. They all say "1-1000". This will be fixed in the next update.
* Since the FTP servers were behaving so nicely tonight, I've uploaded all of the Sunday update pages that were missing.

http://ngtotallist.tk
http://www.jfsoftware.com/ng/ngtl.html
http://people.tamu.edu/~jbf5609/ng/ngtl.html

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-09 20:43:18

Thanks for the Wensday update SK. Looks like it came out better than last update. Nice work. Thanks again. ;)

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to NG Total Listing 2005-02-10 01:31:51

Holy crap! I checked my ranking for blam/protect and I have the same number of b/p points as I have my ranking on the list! Both are 1431. Don't usually get to see that.