00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Total Listing

67,700 Views | 1,369 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 01:30:43

My 1,000,000 profile miner is finished!!! Here's the results:

Profiles checked: 1,000,000
Time: 29 hrs, 17 minutes (1757 minutes)
Profiles/min: 569
Profiles/sec: 9.5

14,119 profiles with Safety Patrol experience or higher
95,765 profiles with Level 2 b/p's or higher

Much fewer profiles than I expected. This is very good. I should have a complete listing of all experience and b/p users (above the thresholds) posted shortly.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 01:45:42

Whoa... Umm... Yeah... How do you have the time to do this?

But seriously, thats really cool. I wish I could do that...

I GOT BLOOD ON MY HANDS AND THERE'S NO REMORSE I GOT BLOOD ON MY DICK CUZ I FUCKED A CORPSE

BBS Signature

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 01:46:36

At 8/28/04 01:45 AM, Master_Unlucky wrote: Whoa... Umm... Yeah... How do you have the time to do this?

But seriously, thats really cool. I wish I could do that...

I made a computer program: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=165658

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 02:31:06

Official NGLister and NG Total Listing website:

http://www.jfsoftware.com/ng.html

...or just click on my sig pic!

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 03:45:10

At 8/28/04 01:30 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: 14,119 profiles with Safety Patrol experience or higher
95,765 profiles with Level 2 b/p's or higher

Err...didn't catch that error until just now:

14,119 profiles with Safety Patrol b/p's or higher
95,765 profiles with Level 2 experience or higher

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 03:51:04

At 8/28/04 02:31 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: Official NGLister and NG Total Listing website:

Excellent work (/me bookmarks) and I'm extremely glad it came out to so many fewer profiles than I had feared. The marks you have established at least limit it to people who are (or were at one time) more active than simple profile creation. I'm looking forward to seeing the 90k PID list you have and seeing what blanks I can fill with it.

Although gfox brought up the aspect of old PID vagrants finally bothering to create profiles, I would not be overly concerned were I in your position. Presume that the "new" profile makers start at 400000 (or higher) and run your "monthly" based upon that. It's basically guaranteed that people like shak3s aren't going to make a profile ... they've gone this long without, chances are they will continue that way. Hell, even I have a vagrant alt I'm jamming up the BP list(high end of the 500k PID bracket). I found it amusing to never know just how many BPs it has and I intend to keep it that way (if you really want to know, check the thread lists to [fairly] easily find it). Now that it's got a high enough total, I can use the people for whom I do know totals to bracket it and guesstimate.

Umm, I'm going to use 1.3 for the update this weekend ... I'll send you my essay for 1.4 in a few days =) I've (successfully) written people's entrance essays for Syracuse, Princeton, MIT, and Harvard, so I should be able to write one for myself. It all depends upon how strict you are s to whether I get reg codes or not lol

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 03:57:46

At 8/28/04 03:51 AM, D0GMA wrote:
At 8/28/04 02:31 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: Official NGLister and NG Total Listing website:

Excellent work (/me bookmarks) and I'm extremely glad it came out to so many fewer profiles than I had feared. The marks you have established at least limit it to people who are (or were at one time) more active than simple profile creation. I'm looking forward to seeing the 90k PID list you have and seeing what blanks I can fill with it.

:-D Yeah, I'm actually running the reports right now. It's about halfway done, so it should finish in 2 or 3 hours. I'm pulling an all-nighter (got way too much sleep last night), so I'll post as soon as it's done.

Although gfox brought up the aspect of old PID vagrants finally bothering to create profiles, I would not be overly concerned were I in your position. Presume that the "new" profile makers start at 400000 (or higher) and run your "monthly" based upon that. It's basically guaranteed that people like shak3s aren't going to make a profile ... they've gone this long without, chances are they will continue that way.

Hrm...hadn't thought of that. Yeah, that would cut down on the Maintainer's load a bit. Of course, that program will only run monthly or so, but every little bit helps.

Umm, I'm going to use 1.3 for the update this weekend ... I'll send you my essay for 1.4 in a few days =) I've (successfully) written people's entrance essays for Syracuse, Princeton, MIT, and Harvard, so I should be able to write one for myself. It all depends upon how strict you are s to whether I get reg codes or not lol

LOL You know you won't need an essay, just your reg request code. Hopefully this will keep extra lists to a minimum, make n00bs write out reasons for their stupid redundant ideas, and allow me to automatically delete entry-less emails ;-)

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 04:57:04

At 8/28/04 03:57 AM, ShittyKitty wrote:
-D Yeah, I'm actually running the reports right now. It's about halfway done, so it should finish in 2 or 3 hours. I'm pulling an all-nighter (got way too much sleep last night), so I'll post as soon as it's done.

I figured I'd beat it ... sad to see it true lol

Hrm...hadn't thought of that. Yeah, that would cut down on the Maintainer's load a bit. Of course, that program will only run monthly or so, but every little bit helps.

really, I don't even see a need for it to run monthly. New accounts could make EG in 2 months, but most don't. The best I've unearthed was a couple of level 6 Corporals (Denvish and Syme) and I find it difficult to believe that to be commonplace. Odds on you could go 800k+ on the Maintainer and still not miss anyone. Anyone on pace to be level 9 EG is at least likely to be depositing experience (there's one alt not doing that, but they made the mistake of commenting about it and I caught it on (no idea why) a level 1 deposit).

LOL You know you won't need an essay, just your reg request code. Hopefully this will keep extra lists to a minimum, make n00bs write out reasons for their stupid redundant ideas, and allow me to automatically delete entry-less emails ;-)

Simple reality. Even if my "essay" merely consists of "gimmegimmegimme," you are at least asking people who want an access code to request one, and a reason why they should have it. I've still got 1.0, .2, .2 and .3 so I don't have to ask ... but I should. As such I will ask for permission to use it and, if my reasoning is found faulty, not only will I accede to that, I'll make a lot of posts complaining about it at the site ... but I still won't use previous versions.

If a list maker can not justify the existence of their list (myself wholely included) there is no business in that list continuing to exist. At minimum it forces us to rethink our lists' existence, something that needs to periodically occur in any case. For new list makers, it sets the precendent that everyone is required to justify their list ... which may cause them to bother to think about why they want to make it and if it's even needed.

Yes, that puts you in the precarious position of being responsible for handing out new access codes. It has the added benefit that the chances are that you'll ask one of us what we think about that list idea, and we may be able to help that person refine what they are tryiong to do ... kind of like my input on your portal list.

A good chunk of what you want to do is already done, so ... is there a need for it ... as the extra sort options to which you are referring are not available by NG means, it may very well be. I, personally, don't see a need for it, but you're able to justify it so maybe it is. You (and probably I as well) may not see a need for someone else's list, but the important question is if other people might see a need.

As I've mentioned before, I don't see a need for the pen-10-k, RCVL, or 2k lists. There's justification for the pen-10-k, there may be for the Arseval, but there certainly isn't for the Tucan. In your shoes, I'd be hard pressed to require some people, but not others, justify their needs to me. In compliance with that thought, I will be sending along an actual request for a registration code. If others don't, so be it, but I'll at least be the watershed.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 05:05:55

At 8/28/04 04:57 AM, D0GMA wrote: Simple reality. Even if my "essay" merely consists of "gimmegimmegimme," you are at least asking people who want an access code to request one, and a reason why they should have it. I've still got 1.0, .2, .2 and .3 so I don't have to ask ... but I should. As such I will ask for permission to use it and, if my reasoning is found faulty, not only will I accede to that, I'll make a lot of posts complaining about it at the site ... but I still won't use previous versions.

Plus, if I make any newer versions, they'll have the same registration software in them.

If a list maker can not justify the existence of their list (myself wholely included) there is no business in that list continuing to exist. At minimum it forces us to rethink our lists' existence, something that needs to periodically occur in any case. For new list makers, it sets the precendent that everyone is required to justify their list ... which may cause them to bother to think about why they want to make it and if it's even needed.

Yes, that puts you in the precarious position of being responsible for handing out new access codes. It has the added benefit that the chances are that you'll ask one of us what we think about that list idea, and we may be able to help that person refine what they are tryiong to do ... kind of like my input on your portal list.

Ugh, too much control ;-). Of course, one could manually maintain a list, as you have done in the past. I'm simply an enabler. NGLister isn't a *necessary* tool to make a list, it just simplifies the process. Yeah, if it's a list that has at least some merit, I'd probably throw the idea to everyone else to see what they think.

A good chunk of what you want to do is already done, so ... is there a need for it ... as the extra sort options to which you are referring are not available by NG means, it may very well be. I, personally, don't see a need for it, but you're able to justify it so maybe it is. You (and probably I as well) may not see a need for someone else's list, but the important question is if other people might see a need.

Eh. I've already decided not to pursue that idea. Still thinking about the new-portal-entry-notifier program, but that's a little ways off.

As I've mentioned before, I don't see a need for the pen-10-k, RCVL, or 2k lists. There's justification for the pen-10-k, there may be for the Arseval, but there certainly isn't for the Tucan. In your shoes, I'd be hard pressed to require some people, but not others, justify their needs to me. In compliance with that thought, I will be sending along an actual request for a registration code. If others don't, so be it, but I'll at least be the watershed.

I'll probably be a lot more lenient towards current, well-known list makers when it comes to giving out reg codes. As you've said before (well, I'm paraphrasing, anyway), a person that would go to the trouble of hand-gathering the data would have some presence of mind not to make useless lists. Simply the fact that a list has been running for an amount of time could be enough justification for a reg code (having an audience of users wanting to see where they rank on said list, etc.). Ooh, this is getting complicated fast...

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 06:14:27

THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!!!

I've uploaded the complete blam/save and experience lists onto my website (http://www.jfsoftware.com/ng.html). It's got all 1011 Elite Guards, too. Check it out!!

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 07:13:13

Errgghh...my list making program is supposed to make two files when it finishes: one with a list of blam/save data, and one with experience data. The blam/save data file wrote just fine, but it turns out the experience data file has blam/save's instead of experience points! Ugh. Now I'll have to rig up a program to pull the experience points out of my HTML ranking list, so that I'll have data to compare against when I make the next experience list. This bites...

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 09:07:10

At 8/28/04 07:13 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: Errgghh...my list making program is supposed to make two files when it finishes: one with a list of blam/save data, and one with experience data. The blam/save data file wrote just fine, but it turns out the experience data file has blam/save's instead of experience points! Ugh. Now I'll have to rig up a program to pull the experience points out of my HTML ranking list, so that I'll have data to compare against when I make the next experience list. This bites...

Fixed it! I'm planning on running blam/protect list updates every weekend, and experience list updates every two weeks (takes longer to grab exp stats for 96k people). The future updates will actually have rank changes and stat changes.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 09:11:07

This stuff is amazing, how did ya do it. i looked up my name, and i saw it there in the b/p's section, ranked somewhere like 1,650 or something. Its so good how u looked up 1,000,000 profiles. I would neva do that, dont have the time. Good work

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 09:15:09

At 8/28/04 09:11 AM, -Josh- wrote: This stuff is amazing, how did ya do it. i looked up my name, and i saw it there in the b/p's section, ranked somewhere like 1,650 or something. Its so good how u looked up 1,000,000 profiles. I would neva do that, dont have the time. Good work

I make the computer do the work for me :-D

Also, I'm contemplating adding a little JavaScript search function. It would take a little while to load, but it would let you type part of your name and it would tell you which page it was on.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 09:32:38

At 8/28/04 09:15 AM, ShittyKitty wrote:
Also, I'm contemplating adding a little JavaScript search function. It would take a little while to load, but it would let you type part of your name and it would tell you which page it was on.

You must of been reading my mind, i was trying to find one on that site of yours, it would be really neat. Coz i didnt know where i was in the rankings, so i guess a couple of times

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 09:36:06

At 8/28/04 09:32 AM, -Josh- wrote:
At 8/28/04 09:15 AM, ShittyKitty wrote:
You must of been reading my mind, i was trying to find one on that site of yours, it would be really neat. Coz i didnt know where i was in the rankings, so i guess a couple of times

It's easier with lists like D0gma's EGRL, because everyone's on one page; you can just use the browser's Search function to find your name. However, even when I split the pages by 1000's, they're 150KB each. And that's not including the stuff that's coming up in the next update. If I combined all of these pages, the experience list would run around 14MB for the whole thing. :-O I'm still trying to determine the best way to do the inter-page links, too; having 96 links on each exp list isn't very pretty.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 09:37:33

At 8/28/04 09:32 AM, -Josh- wrote: You must of been reading my mind, i was trying to find one on that site of yours, it would be really neat. Coz i didnt know where i was in the rankings, so i guess a couple of times

I know where I am :D *unnecessary queer little laugh*

But, yeah, to search for anyone's name....that would be cool. Your list does however remind me of the EGRL...but not as purty. Still a nice list. The exp rank list is also shweet.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 09:39:22

At 8/28/04 09:37 AM, RedCircle wrote:
At 8/28/04 09:32 AM, -Josh- wrote: You must of been reading my mind, i was trying to find one on that site of yours, it would be really neat. Coz i didnt know where i was in the rankings, so i guess a couple of times
I know where I am :D *unnecessary queer little laugh*

But, yeah, to search for anyone's name....that would be cool. Your list does however remind me of the EGRL...but not as purty. Still a nice list. The exp rank list is also shweet.

Yeah, his list is prettier. Mine's just a meat-and-bones kinda list. It has to be, considering the size of it. If you want a pretty list, go to the EGRL. If you're a l00ser who hasn't gotten to Elite Guard yet, use my lists. Of course, with the next update, I'll be able to put in rank and stat changes, so it'll look a little more like a real list.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 09:49:38

At 8/28/04 09:39 AM, ShittyKitty wrote:
Yeah, his list is prettier. Mine's just a meat-and-bones kinda list. It has to be, considering the size of it. If you want a pretty list, go to the EGRL. If you're a l00ser who hasn't gotten to Elite Guard yet, use my lists. Of course, with the next update, I'll be able to put in rank and stat changes, so it'll look a little more like a real list.

Looks like im a l00ser then, i though my b/p was good. Looks like it isnt, ive got only around 1015 b/p. But who cares about my stats, looks at yours!!! 3,000, 3x as much as mine. The search feature would be good and quicker

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 09:55:06

At 8/28/04 09:49 AM, -Josh- wrote:
At 8/28/04 09:39 AM, ShittyKitty wrote:
Looks like im a l00ser then, i though my b/p was good.

I kid, I kid. Just remember: you're beating 12,400 other people out of the 14,119 that are actually trying. See, it's not so bad?

Looks like it isnt, ive got only around 1015 b/p. But who cares about my stats, looks at yours!!! 3,000, 3x as much as mine.

Eh, I'm on here too much anyway. Plus, in order for me to level up again, I'll need another 1000 points. Yuck. And, people like fixit have 16x as many as I do.

The search feature would be good and quicker

Yup, and it shouldn't be too hard to implement (it'll be similar to the search function on my site). I just have to figure out how to make the program create it on-the-fly.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 10:05:42

At 8/28/04 09:55 AM, ShittyKitty wrote:

I kid, I kid. Just remember: you're beating 12,400 other people out of the 14,119 that are actually trying. See, it's not so bad?

Is there really only 14, 119 people trying to get b/p. I though there was way more. Its not that bad, i know, after i get around 3,000-4,000 b/p im stopping. I dont know how ramigi did it?

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 10:08:35

At 8/28/04 10:05 AM, -Josh- wrote: Is there really only 14, 119 people trying to get b/p. I though there was way more.

So did I. But, when I ran the stats for everyone with Safety Patrol or higher, I only got 14,119 profiles. However, I got 95,765 profiles with experience level 2 or higher. I guess more people have figured out exp than b/p's.

Its not that bad, i know, after i get around 3,000-4,000 b/p im stopping. I dont know how ramigi did it?

I read one of her posts saying that now she just votes on movies when she's asked to. Kind of a shame, with fixit stalled in first. As for getting where she is now, I have no idea. Lots of time + lot of patience = lots of b/p's.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 10:13:59

At 8/28/04 10:08 AM, ShittyKitty wrote:
At 8/28/04 10:05 AM, -Josh- wrote: Its not that bad, i know, after i get around 3,000-4,000 b/p im stopping. I dont know how ramigi did it?

You do mean 30,000-40,000 right?

I read one of her posts saying that now she just votes on movies when she's asked to. Kind of a shame, with fixit stalled in first. As for getting where she is now, I have no idea. Lots of time + lot of patience = lots of b/p's.

Eh..I probably will stop too...because there isn't any incentive to do so. I mean, you got the rank, you have your 60% added, so you have done your time. You can continue if you wish (gfox, d0gma), but it's not super necessary (crono, fixit, ramagi), unless you just WANT to be first and have superextrabonuspoints!!!

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 10:25:49

Ugh. The temperature on my dorm fridge was set too low, and when I tried to get some orange juice for my breakfast, I got a concentrated orange juice slushie. Yuck. Stupid fridge.....

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 19:59:00

At 8/28/04 05:53 PM, Kam-Ron wrote: Sounds good. I won't be on the list if its going to DOGMA cuse I told him to take me off. Are you doing this now? Or you giving all data to that douche.

1) Please refrain from insulting BBS friends of mine on my own thread. D0GMA is the original reason I made these programs and this list.
2) Unless if he feels an extreme need to remove you, you'll probably still end up on his lists. Removing you would skew the rankings a bit. But, he might be tempted to change your name or something.
3) Yes, I have given data to "that douche". He's also been following and supporting the development of my NGLister data grabber program from the very beginning, so of course I'm sharing with him.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-28 23:49:35

At 8/28/04 07:59 PM, ShittyKitty wrote:
At 8/28/04 05:53 PM, Kam-Ron wrote: Sounds good. I won't be on the list if its going to DOGMA cuse I told him to take me off. Are you doing this now? Or you giving all data to that douche.
1) Please refrain from insulting BBS friends of mine on my own thread. D0GMA is the original reason I made these programs and this list.

Insulting d0gma is not cool Kam. In fact insulting most hard workers for no reason is not cool. You asked a silly question that was literally right below you. The update was mentioned in d0gma's sig. As it is always.

2) Unless if he feels an extreme need to remove you, you'll probably still end up on his lists. Removing you would skew the rankings a bit. But, he might be tempted to change your name or something.

You are on d0gma's list, and your name is correctly spelled. I really hope d0gma doesn't see this, or it might be changed...who knows. Anyway, I don't think you are going to be removed from that list, so enjoy it.

3) Yes, I have given data to "that douche". He's also been following and supporting the development of my NGLister data grabber program from the very beginning, so of course I'm sharing with him.

Tis true.

Also, Josh, are you sure d0gma is a "he"...

You should check out Syme's posts and decide for yourself.

I have been meaning to ask Chris about it, but it's one of those "Pat" things...you can never tell...well I hope Chris doesn't look like Pat...would be a shame no matter which sex Chris was.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-29 02:21:12

d0gma is like a Ng legend. I dont know him too much, but he has power, and lots of it 2. But that lists of d0gma is pretty good, its got lots of features.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-29 02:28:49

Ooops. Sorry d0gma, but i said he because i dont know, and d0gma, are you female or male, coz on your pro u got unspecified. But sorry if you take it the wrong way.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-29 02:43:17

Thats pretty sweet. Do you think you could make a program for the other stats?

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-08-29 02:47:21

Also, just checked the list and found that I was right above livecorpse. how...interesting.

R.I.P. LC