00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

spacedoodles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner

10,486 Views | 141 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2004-11-08 21:43:43

At 11/3/04 07:21 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Well, guess who emailed me today: NasFlash! Turns out he wanted a reg code. Here's what he sent me:

:::doesn't remember who NasFlash is immediately:::

Oh... wait... the guy who turned one of my list threads into a hatefest from you and a few others, right? And then I had to delete 9 posts? LOL! Yeah. Good times, good times. </billmcneal>

So now you must realize that there is no way in hell I'm giving you a code. Not only do I hate you so very, very badly, but also I can easily recognize that any list you create would be a waste of bandwidth and time, and so I refuse to give you a registration code. Maybe if you actually got a clue and stopped being a fucking moron on the Forums, I *might* reconsider (nah, probably not).

(sniff) Poor NasFlash. ;_;

Was I too harsh? Nah, I don't think so. This is me venting a ton of frustration on him, now that I've got his attention. Maybe, just maybe, he'll get something out of this email and stop being a dumbass. I doubt it.....

I think the "hate you so very, very badly" part was a BIT harsh. I mean, hell, it made me pity his spammy ass. #;-}>

At 11/4/04 04:16 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Oh boy, I laugh so hard. Anywho, got a reply from NasFlash today:

HE ACTUALLY READ SOMETHING DIRECTED TO HIM?!! AMAZING.

you need to calm down a bit, i realised i was being an asshole on the forums when mazza enailed me and now i have stopped

Good for him.

but seriously cal down and by the way i dont have any pets.

!!!

the only pet i have is your mother

ROTFL!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2004-11-21 03:07:52

Hey gfox, I just now noticed your "Where are they now? (low id users)" thread in General. For some reason, somebody locked that thread, so I'm just going to have to reply here, instead. Anywho, I'm in the process of adding that name-grabbing method to the NGLister, and I was just wondering if you've encountered any vagrant profiles that have audio submissions? I've programmed to handle every case but that one.

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2004-12-01 04:12:26

At 11/21/04 03:07 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: Hey gfox, I just now noticed your "Where are they now? (low id users)" thread in General. For some reason, somebody locked that thread, so I'm just going to have to reply here, instead.

So I noticed. Anyway, until someone bumped it recently, I (and no one else, either) hadn't posted in it since February 2003, so it's no biggie to me that it's been locked. I guess an admin noticed it and thought it wasn't bumped for a good reason or something (probably true).

Anywho, I'm in the process of adding that name-grabbing method to the NGLister, and I was just wondering if you've encountered any vagrant profiles that have audio submissions? I've programmed to handle every case but that one.

I haven't made use of that method at all, so you shouldn't be asking me... like I said in the thread before it was locked, I won't be bothering to try to fill in blanks on my old list that I never finished, anyway.

So... you should probably ask Bedn or someone else who's actually gone hunting for names of vagrants via the audio portal. I didn't even know that there was a difference in how that method works between a vagrant WITH audio submissions and a vagrant without them. :::shrugs:::

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-10 23:54:48

I have returned, and I have seen what has happened to the public profiles. I'll fix the review count grabber tomorrow and upload it as version 1.6.1.

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-11 09:05:02

At 1/10/05 11:54 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: I have returned, and I have seen what has happened to the public profiles. I'll fix the review count grabber tomorrow and upload it as version 1.6.1.

Cool. Since every previous version does not work now due to the change. Which is a good thing due to the fact the first couple of versions had no register code. Only those who have registered it can use the new version. I am very happy about that.

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-11 09:31:04

At 1/10/05 11:54 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: I have returned, and I have seen what has happened to the public profiles. I'll fix the review count grabber tomorrow and upload it as version 1.6.1.

Cool. Things got 'interesting' on Saturday, gfox, d0gma & RC were... erm.. slightly irritated. Hope I didn't put your back up by building the Grabber, just wasn't sure when you'd be back, so I thought I'd prepare for this coming Saturday - actually took me a lot less time than I expected to make it, mostly because a lot of the code was re-used from previous projects; it was the HTML parsing code that took the majority of the time, and then various bug fixes.

How was the road trip? Hope you had a good time.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-11 23:47:42

Okay, I've released version 1.6.1. A few notes:

* I can't connect to my TAMU server for some reason, so I stuck it on Retrogade: http://www.retrogade.com/nglister.zip
* Apparently, I was working on this at one point and forgot, because there's a couple of little changes in this program that I didn't add. Nothing major, just some cosmetic stuff.
* This is a stopgap measure, because I'm working on version 2.0 right now. This new version will use special definition files telling the program how to find each piece of data. That way, I don't have to rerelease the entire program every time I need to change or add a grabber. Also, this means that if I stop working on this program at some point, someone else could easily continue maintaining the program in Notepad.

Again, the URL is http://www.retrogade.com/nglister.zip

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-12 04:36:30

Well, that's almost useful. Even from the base address I get this, never mind drilling down any.

Using that handy search toolbar for retrograde yields:

warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to www.searchfeed.com:80 in /data/www/xml.net/docs/includes/searchfeed.inc on line 52.

/me purses lips and starts batting index finger between them ...

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-12 04:41:47

At 1/12/05 04:36 AM, D0GMA wrote: /me purses lips and starts batting index finger between them ...

You do know that it's:

www.retrogade.com and not

www.retrograde.com ...right?

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-12 04:41:54

At 1/12/05 04:36 AM, D0GMA wrote: Well, that's almost useful.

Bah ... found it. retrogade not retrogRade

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-12 10:18:44

At 1/11/05 11:47 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Okay, I've released version 1.6.1. A few notes:

55277-00100

Please email code to my Gmail address. Cheers.

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-12 17:12:01

Well, I've finished my massive coding marathon, and I'm testing version 2.0 right now. The basic "definitions file" system is working nicely, although at the moment NGLister is telling me that none of the profiles I'm testing for exist. Looks like I'm not quite done yet.

At 1/12/05 10:18 AM, jonthomson wrote: Please email code to my Gmail address. Cheers.

Consider it done.

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-13 00:21:04

VERY VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE
(yes, I used every HTML tag I possibly could up there)

Version 2.0 of the NGLister program is FINISHED!

Now, there's been some major changes done to the workings of the program. The user interface hasn't changed all that much, although I did add something. Here's the watered-down changes list:

* New maintenance system, using definition files
* Automatic version checking and definition updates
* Built reg request program into main program
* Added drag-and-drop ability
* Added an About screen

Now, there's three important WARNINGS at the beginning of the readme file, but I know how people never read readme files these days, so I'm posting them here. READ THESE!

* Automation file specifications have been moved to the definition file readme. Check the "definition readme.txt" file that came in the ZIP file with your NGLister program, or in the folder containing NGLister.
* New in version 2.0 is a "definition file" system, allowing easier updates to specific parts of the program. If you update your definition file, be EXTRA careful to keep the nglister.ngl file in the same folder as your NGLister program. Otherwise, NGLister won't be able to find your definition file and will revert to the built-in (older) file.
* When you start version 2.0 for the first time (or any time you remove the nglister.ngl file), you will be told that the definition file was "missing or invalid" and you will be prompted if you want to use the built-in file. Click Yes, or the program will exit.

I'm really proud of this latest version, and the debugging went by remarkably fast. No matter how hard I tried, though, the silly program still ended up being 120KB, just like 1.6.1. Oh well.

So, to boil things down: much easier updates, automatic self-updates, no more NGLRegRequest, drag-and-drop, and an About screen.

I've also included a "definition format.txt" file in the NGLister ZIP. This file tells you all about the format used in the definition files. This is another cool part, because this means that if I'm out of town and something goes wrong, it's possible for other users to make changes to the program. Also, this means if I stop working on this program at some point, it won't stagnate.

The URL to download this package is: http://www.retrogade.com/nglister2.zip

I repeat, Retrogade. One R, not two. :-P

Previously registrations for NGLister will work with 2.0; you don't need to register again. Also, new registrations don't require running a separate program; NGLister will tell you the registration info when you start it up.

As soon as I return to my dorm room (sometime this weekend), I'll post this stuff on my jfsoftware.com page and get the online auto-update feature started up. Ooh, this is gonna be so cool.

Again, the URL is http://www.retrogade.com/nglister2.zip

ENJOY!!!

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-13 00:25:46

At 1/13/05 12:21 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: I repeat, Retrogade. One R, not two. :-P

I repeat, Retrogade. Two R's, not three ;-D

ENJOY!!!

I will =)

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-13 00:27:59

At 1/13/05 12:25 AM, RedCircle wrote: I repeat, Retrogade. Two R's, not three ;-D

Umm...I knew that! I was just....testing you! Yeah, that's it!

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-13 01:01:10

so... it's spelled Retrogade like Powerade and Gatorade. But everyone knows that Gatorade is better.

Nice to see that the latest version of the NG list is out.

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-13 05:54:54

At 1/13/05 12:21 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: Version 2.0 of the NGLister program is FINISHED!
* New maintenance system, using definition files
* Automatic version checking and definition updates
* Built reg request program into main program
* Added drag-and-drop ability
* Added an About screen

Sounds good, will set it up later. Well done on the enhancements, auto-updating sounds very professional =). Hopefully your new code will be able to handle whatever liljim is doing to the profiles...

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-16 22:31:43

NGLister version 2.0.1 has been released. Change list:

* Major bug fix:
__* Deselecting any of the grabbers prevented data pulls
* Fixed the Load Definitions button
* Made the "locked grabber" system a little more user-friendly

Of course, if you're already using 2.0, then you should have gotten a prompt to upgrade your program. Isn't that auto-updater-notifier-thingy cool?

http://www.jfsoftware.com/ng/nglister.html

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-16 22:56:05

At 1/13/05 12:25 AM, HK47 wrote:
At 1/13/05 12:21 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: I repeat, Retrogade. One R, not two. :-P
I repeat, Retrogade. Two R's, not three ;-D

I checked out that site earlier today. It's okay but they need a lot more users to spice things up. It's like a ghost town compared to Newgrounds.

I also found out I've snagged 3 more peanut butter cookies! That brings my total on SK's 'Quick Draw' to an incredible 5 points!

Me happy!!

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-16 23:07:39

At 1/16/05 10:56 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: I also found out I've snagged 3 more peanut butter cookies! That brings my total on SK's 'Quick Draw' to an incredible 5 points!

Me happy!!

Yeah, I updated the Quick Draw stuff today with the screenshots that everyone gave me.

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2005-01-16 23:32:53

At 1/16/05 11:07 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Yeah, I updated the Quick Draw stuff today with the screenshots that everyone gave me.

Yea I got a few points over the break, but I realyl don't try to.
*waits for 2.0.1 nglister to come out.

Response to Nglister - Ng Profile Data Miner 2006-03-27 22:54:58

Well, not sure if anyone's using this program anymore, but it's been brought to my attention that it's broken. I've fixed it using a new definition file (version 2), so if you load up NGLister, it should automatically update itself.