00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Console Contest

9,357 Views | 88 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 15:24:20

At 7/30/04 11:54 AM, Afro_Ninja wrote: Woohoo! I'm getting the figurines and either the black Ng shirt or the green AH one.. I can't decide :(

Same here!

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 15:33:23

At 7/30/04 02:07 AM, TomFulp wrote: Everyone will have a fresh start in August. Remember, you can enter once per day by depositing your experience points!

I deposite experience every day, so this contest is 100% bonusness. I can't wait to get Alien Hominid too. Will that be a possible selection for one of the 3 games awarded to the winner?

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 15:44:46

How i wish i could win that.

I want to win a Gamecube or a PS2

Because i don't have any console because my nintendo 64 now not work =(.

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 16:00:55

Dammit, it's not going to be on Pc.
Fuck, well, I just gotta get a gamecube!

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 16:01:43

Yea... I wanna win too

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 16:03:47

i hope i win

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 17:27:07

how much bribery will it take for me to win this contest?

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 17:32:44

Hey Tom. What ya talking about?! You're hair is still in style!

Console Contest

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 17:45:57

I'm not really a big fan of side scrollers, but all that game spot stuff makes it look irresistable. I'm definetly gonna buy that when it comes out. Is there any idea on a price yet?

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 17:49:23

Woah! It is number 5 on the Unique visitors list on gamespot.. Woah. it beat gran turismo 4. Woa! You go girl! i mean Alien...

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 21:16:10

Very cool contest!
I usually vote 5 times each day for racking up experience-points and later I saw some add about the contest. It's cool!
If I'd win a console I'd really buy the Alien Hominid game. :)

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-30 23:28:16

ive been depositing every day so i hope i will win

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-31 00:44:00

when iz the contest over?

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-31 03:03:45

i do not think that that many people will win. My luck is so bad anyways i can not win risk when i have North America and 20 aries on each border.

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-31 04:37:58

At 7/30/04 02:07 AM, TomFulp wrote: The month is almost over - just two more days to deposit points and enter to win a console of your choice!

Hey Tom, i doubt you'll see this but, i just thought of something, if the person who wins, if they pick the 3 games, can they pre-order a copy of Alien Hominid? and possibley a signed copy at that? lol
yeah, if you read this, give a shout

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-31 10:17:46

what? toms giving away game consoles? what a n00b. hes probably doing it to get "cool" points on NG. : P

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-31 10:47:41

Not coming out on X-box? Bah.

Hmm, I love proximity too, I protected it, BOOM! And I whoop ass at it, that blue guy don't stand a chance...well, when I set it to beginner anyway...ahem.

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-31 11:45:37

At 7/30/04 02:07 AM, TomFulp wrote: The coverage on Gamespot today has been really exciting. They placed Alien Hominid on their FRONT PAGE! Be sure to check out the Alien Hominid GameSpace, with a three page preview, pictures, and video from the game!

I haven't watched the video yet, though I may later... I read the three page preview and checked out the 20+ screenshots... really really cool, Tom. Makes me hope I win a GameCube or PS2 when today's contest ends so I actually have a console on which to play AH. #;-}>

It will be a while before we have a REAL on-line store, but in the meantime we set up a page to order AH merchandise to help fund the game. There are some Newgrounds shirts available as well - including the long-awaited black NG tank logo shirt! Grab 'em while you can!

Once a "real" online NG store is up, does that mean AH stuff AND NG stuff, including stickers, will all be available in one place? Or is AH stuff going to be separate on the AH site?

I'm addicted to Proximity...

Same here. Haven't played in a day or so due to being busy, but I think I've played different modes of it about 50+ times since I helped protect it. Awesome game. I love turning on "STRENGTHEN" for both friendly and enemy tiles being captured so the armies rapidly grow, and also swapping colours with the computer... Who knew a simple 1-20 dice roll on a hex board game could be so fun? #;-}>

At 7/30/04 02:03 PM, Morextremist wrote: I'd rather win newgrounds stuff (stickers, toys, shirts, cups) than a console. maybe a tour around NG would be sweet too. But bedn would then create like 500,000 accounts :(

Well, as I just said, I'd rather win a console, because I have absolutely 0 of the 3 "current gen" consoles. Then AFTER I won the console, I'd buy the somewhat less-expensive stickers, shirts, etc. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-31 12:37:20

Thanks but I don't wanna join the NG contest!

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-31 17:25:15

For xbox probably the XDK ( xboxes SDK). I don't know about ps2 and gamecube.

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-31 17:28:01

The above was for -joe-
when he said what program did dan use to make the characters and sprites and such?

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-31 18:07:17

Do noobs have the same chance of winning??

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-31 18:15:25

At 7/31/04 06:04 PM, Inuyasha50095 wrote: If you won this months contest, what system and games would you get with it?

I would get a Xbox with....

GTA: Vice City
Spider-Man 2 - Heard it was good.
And Halo.

The contest is for one of the 3 consoles, an SP OR your choice of 3 games. So you can get an xbox, but not the 3 games.

And if a n00bie was to vote on 5 movies everyday for the whole month, he'd have as much chance of winning as a veteran NGer who voted the same amount of times. I doubt NG will make a biased contest.

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-31 19:01:15

At 7/31/04 06:15 PM, Deathcon7 wrote: The contest is for one of the 3 consoles, an SP OR your choice of 3 games. So you can get an xbox, but not the 3 games.

Indeed.

And if a n00bie was to vote on 5 movies everyday for the whole month, he'd have as much chance of winning as a veteran NGer who voted the same amount of times. I doubt NG will make a biased contest.

Well, biased only in the sense that someone who deposits 31 times this month has a better chance of winning (basically, 31 tickets) than someone who deposits once or twice in the whole month, that's all.

Anyway... speaking of the consoles... I know that the Gamecube is down to 99 bucks now, I think, and the PS2 is down to 149. What's the X-Box down to, 149 as well? I'm wondering what the relative value of the three consoles is... and is the basic sales package of each of them comparable? i.e. I doubt they come with a game (those days seem to be long gone with the NES and SNES), but do they come with just one controller, or with two, etc. etc.?

I personally just want a Gamecube, but it's the cheapest anyway, and my gf wants a PS2 really badly... since AH is coming out on both, it doesn't seem to matter much either way (though the gamespot preview said the colours are crisper on the GC version).... In the insanely tiny-possiblity alternate future I win one of these monthly contests in, I guess I'll go with the PS2 to please her. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-31 19:17:35

At 7/31/04 07:01 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
Anyway... speaking of the consoles... I know that the Gamecube is down to 99 bucks now, I think, and the PS2 is down to 149. What's the X-Box down to, 149 as well?

Retail price is $149.99.

I personally just want a Gamecube, but it's the cheapest anyway, and my gf wants a PS2 really badly... since AH is coming out on both, it doesn't seem to matter much either way (though the gamespot preview said the colours are crisper on the GC version).... In the insanely tiny-possiblity alternate future I win one of these monthly contests in, I guess I'll go with the PS2 to please her. #;-}>

Quite the romantic, aren't you? I still say that Gamecube is the better system, mainly becuase of the exclusive games and controller. I've tried playing SSX 3 on all the other major systems and failing miserably at it becuase the controller just doesn't feel right at all. Plus, GC has Super Smash Bros. The only problem is that it doesn't have any really good RPGs, which would be the only reason I'd get a PS2.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest 2004-07-31 23:37:10

I haven PS2, my sister has Gamecube, so I would probably just get XBOX to finish off the collection. Any three games would be cool too though, but I do wonder, as Gfoxcook says, is any free game included with any consoles or whatnot?

I personally think Xbox is the best deal, only because you don't have to go about wasting your money on memory sticks and stuff.. You can also turn your xbox into a supercomputer / console, by adding some chips, and taking a few things out. Since its made by microsoft, it can manage the software if the proper settings are given, where as a PS2, or GC are designed only with peices that can play games, and no further.

Response to Console Contest 2004-08-01 15:45:55

Good luck to everyone!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Console Contest 2004-08-01 15:47:52

i got a hole other question how the hell can i add some music or flash or what the hell jou can ads

Response to Console Contest 2004-08-01 17:40:49

At 7/30/04 12:31 PM, TomFulp wrote: The ringer complements the fork really well. I am actually wearing that shirt this very minute (it's our goal to only wear shirts that we make), and I love it. :)

it's definitely my favorite out of the lot. i guess i'll buy it anyway, just because. i also like the blue ng shirt, so maybe i'll get two.

BBS Signature