00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Comic-con: Last Day!

16,217 Views | 137 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 12:23:48

Today is the last day of Comic-con! Last chance to come check out the game and meet everyone!

The past three days have been amazing - it is great to finally meet with all the fans! I'll hopefully be posting pics and checking email tomorrow. Right now I'm in a hotel across the street from the convention center, and their "business center" only has one computer. I had to wait an hour this morning to use it, and as soon as I sat down, some guy came in who was in a rush to print a boarding pass for his flight. It's rediculous!

So anyway, I haven't had any chance to check email or anything like that, but I am moving from the hotel to the office (across town) tomorrow, and will have full access while I live out of the office for the next week.

Yesterday was our surprise give-away: Yellow springy alien antennas! They were actually waaaaay more successful than we anticipated. People snatched them up as quick as we could unpack them. We gave away 3,500 antennas yesterday, and will give away the remaining 1,500 today. We could easily have given out 20,000 of them yesterday if we had that many available. It was great seeing all the people walk around with antennas - I have pics of that too.

If you took any pics at Comic-con, feel free to post them in response to this thread! I'd love to see everyones' pics! I gotta head over to the convention center to help set up before the doors open in half an hour. If you are in the San Diego area, come on over to the convention center and say "hi!"

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 12:25:16

awesome

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 12:26:06

Did you see T0MMY?

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 12:30:12

Aww Man! I hate living away from the fun shit, I'm in North Carolina BTW

Hey, glad AH is becoming a big hit!
As soon as AH comes out onto shelves, I'n buying it ^^

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 12:30:45

Damn I wish I was there! How many people were interested and weren't there just to get the antennas? Any famous NG members you saw there?

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 12:32:00

yo tom, wot exactly is comic-con, a huuuge convention?

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 12:32:25

I can't wait to see these pics.
:o)

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 12:35:40

I wish I could've came, oh well.

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 12:36:54

At 7/25/04 12:32 PM, Jonni_69 wrote: yo tom, wot exactly is comic-con, a huuuge convention?

Comic book convenetion.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 12:37:06

Damn. Sounds kick-ass. Wish I could be there. Too bad I live in Oklahoma with all the hillbillies :-/

BBS Signature

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 12:49:51

Can't wait to see pics of the convention since im quite far away from it. I so wanted an Olive green AH shirt but dang can't go. Are you gona keep selling them after the convention cuz that would be awsome!

OMG THATLOL!!

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 12:50:20

Everyone wearing springy antenas....If i didnt wear them i'd be an outcast

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 12:50:49

Did you saw Matt Stone/ Trey Parker? I saw that they were there on southparkstudios.com...
I bet Comic-con was awesome, and i so wish i could have been there :(

BBS Signature

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 12:57:37

Tom, did you meet the guys from Megatokyo and Penny Arcade? Or do you know them already?

Those sites are #2 & #3 on my list of daily visits, right after Newgrounds. The Penny Arcade guys might be able to give you a lot of publicity for Alien Hominid.

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 12:59:55

At 7/25/04 12:32 PM, Jonni_69 wrote: yo tom, wot exactly is comic-con, a huuuge convention?

hey retard read the previous ng news posts. Those pics are going to be great. was any mods there or veterans. I alredy asked yeah so what.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 13:01:55

At 7/25/04 12:30 PM, TheGreenHiroofGHI wrote: Aww Man! I hate living away from the fun shit, I'm in North Carolina BTW

Hey, glad AH is becoming a big hit!
As soon as AH comes out onto shelves, I'n buying it ^^

yeah i live in NC too...no way in heck to go to California for less than 1000 bucks

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 13:07:38

Damn too bad I couldn't come would of loved it to been there. I'll guess I will be waiting for the pictures.

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 13:14:07

At 7/25/04 12:26 PM, CrimsonRain wrote: Did you see T0MMY?

hes not going to answer you. hes tom fulp!

BBS Signature

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 13:20:04

although i live im israel, i''ve gotten tickets to the u.s.a for a summer vacation and the comic-con is right in my path, so ill drop by (im leaving this night, i hope ill make it, although, i really doubt it).

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 13:24:07

ah damn.... it sounds so cool... wish i was there instead of tiny cyprus!!! can't wait to see the pics!!!

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 13:36:58

Can't wait to see the pictures, should be good.

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 13:39:34

Cant wait to see the pics :)

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 13:41:58

haha alien antennas are hilarious! :D

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 13:44:28

I heard the hockey chicken talking to some people who were at Comic Con.

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 14:24:04

w00t! got to meet Tom on friday! Awesome show you put on, Tom!

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 14:28:28

Sounds awsome, if I could have gone I would! I would be the youngestt NewGrounds fan there probably omg. I would have bought tons of NG stuff. Anyways I look foward to seeing the pictures. I want Alien Hominid!

BBS Signature

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 14:33:49

when I turn 18 ill go up to the next comic-con and then I will set up a booth and sell software that i will make. Cause when im 18 I can do whatever I want it will really kick anus. Well have fun at the comic-con I WANT TO GO SO BAD MY TESTICALS ARE GONE!!!

Michael Garza Show is on YouTube - Rumble - Spotify

BBS Signature

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 14:35:50

At 7/25/04 12:25 PM, DR_fullhead2 wrote: awesome

If you wanted one word phrases to say you should've went to Comic-con, otherwise be quiet lol.

Sorry I couldn't make it Tom!

Merkd.com - It Pays to Play

Earn real money by betting and investing; or, sponsor, challenge, compete,

recruit, communicate, network, earn money playing games, and much more.

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 15:01:33

At 7/25/04 02:33 PM, -azrag- wrote: when I turn 18 ill go up to the next comic-con and then I will set up a booth and sell software that i will make. Cause when im 18 I can do whatever I want it will really kick anus. Well have fun at the comic-con I WANT TO GO SO BAD MY TESTICALS ARE GONE!!!

i looked in your profile it says you are 18

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to Comic-con: Last Day! 2004-07-25 15:25:36

Frank Visits The Comic-Con!

I met the Wayons brothers. Shawn and Marlon Wayon. awesome

I met Billy from Good Charlotte. lewl

I met Tom Fulp and Dan Paladin. oh and Tom's girlfriend April.

Alien Hominid is awesome! I got to play 3 levels of it and they kickass. Dan told me that there is gonna be many more levels. It's really awesome. It comes out in the Fall.

I got to play Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. It's sooo awesome. Graphics are incredible.

I saw Matt Stone and Trey Parker premeire their new movie Team America. Wait till you see it in October, it is sooooo fucking funny. It's all done with Puppets. I got to see the trailer, the first 5 minutes, and a 4 minute scene. It was AWESOME!!!!.

I also saw Sarah Michelle Gellar premeire her new movie "The Grudge" it's a Japanese horror flick, looks awesome.

And a bunch of other stuff, check out the pics later today including me and Tom with the infamous "Thumbs Up" pic.

by the way I was the kid in a Black KROQ shirt with teh converses