00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Support Bill Maher

9,015 Views | 106 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-29 00:26:41

I'm not a fan of Bill Maher, but he has the freedom to say that. Once again, FUCK ALL THE SENSITIVE PEOPLE!!!! They need to let go and get a fucking REAL life!! End of story.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-29 01:36:36

You know, even on the day that the attack occured, I really could not see how you could call someone drives a plane into the WTC *while on it* a coward. And firing missles from 4,000 miles away certainly isn't a display of bravery. If only people could just hear him out or jsut let him have his own darned opinion. Maher is a HUGE liberal (me no likey) and a HUGE asshole too. I hate him. But as goes the old saying: "I wholy disagree with what you have to say but will defend to the death your right to say it."

BTW, FedEx and Sears are two homegrown All-American companies who don't want thier images obsurced, but dammit dammit dammit anyway.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-29 01:42:14

Im so sick and tired of having to alter everything i do and say, because i might offend or hurt someones feelings. It gets old real quick and im tired of it.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-29 03:20:03

At 9/29/01 01:42 AM, warlock788 wrote: Im so sick and tired of having to alter everything i do and say, because i might offend or hurt someones feelings. It gets old real quick and im tired of it.

Fuck the PC people!! They are the overtly sensitive people!! They offend everyone and make themselves look stupid!! They need to GET A FUCKING LIFE!! The PC people were the people for the Vietnam War and fucked it up BIG TIME!!

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-29 05:02:25

At 9/27/01 02:08 AM, TomFulp wrote: Olskool NG user Daniel Zelter brought something to my attention... Due to comments made by Bill Maher that were misinterpreted as being "anti-American" (oh heavens no!), Sears and FedEx have pulled sponsorship on his show, Politically Incorrect. Several ABC affiliates have already taken the show off the air, and it is in threat of being cancelled.

An article from ariannaonline.com explains the situation, warning that we are doing exactly what the terrorists want us to do. "Aren't "they" winning when three ABC affiliates, including the Washington, D.C., station, cancel the show?"

She also states, "And aren't "they" winning when major sponsors like Federal Express and Sears put a higher price on their corporate image than on the essential democratic ingredient of free speech by pulling their ads? These companies have no problems defending capitalism, but they shrink from defending the values that make it possible."

America was founded on freedom of speech, and that is why sites like Newgrounds get away with what they do. You like Newgrounds, right?!

We can't let ABC cancel a show just because some jerks don't agree with it. The great thing about our country is that we can critisize it freely, and we should question our country's actions. Just because we were attacked by terrorists doesn't mean that we should be blinded by patriotism.

The government is not silencing Politically Incorrect, but ABC (owned by Disney) is a huge corporation, and we all know who REALLY controls this country. That's right kids, huge corporations.

I will never again ship packages via FedEX or shop at SEARS. They are forever pansy-pleasing assholes in my book.

Anyway, America is a kick ass country, and I intend to keep it that way. Keep watching Politically Incorrect. Keep questioning authority. Keep your mind OPEN!!! One more thing:

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY SIGNING THIS ON-LINE PETITION!

i signed

Support Bill Maher

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-29 11:27:34

At 9/28/01 09:29 PM, Blahbalicious wrote: Oh and I have to clear one more thing up I read on this board. America is in no way like Rome nor will it end like Rome :

If you've ever studied systems analysis or Political Science you'd know that NO country or political system lasts forever. NONE. People say, "never say never," well, I'm saying that there will NEVER be an "immortal" country. America included. And it's not that Bill Maher's loss will cause America to fall, but it sets up precedents that will be followed in the coming months. More and more rights will be limited, and then there will be an "accelerator" that causes a revolution to start. It's as simple as that. NO system lasts forever.

Oh, and this entire ordeal hasn't changed my opinion about the Bush administration. I wish the terrorists had rounded up Dubya, Cheney, and the rest of their little right-wing facist bastards and blown them all away on national TV. I would have thrown a party.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-29 12:46:46

At 9/27/01 02:08 AM, TomFulp wrote: Olskool NG user Daniel Zelter brought something to my attention... Due to comments made by Bill Maher that were misinterpreted as being "anti-American" (oh heavens no!), Sears and FedEx have pulled sponsorship on his show, Politically Incorrect. Several ABC affiliates have already taken the show off the air, and it is in threat of being cancelled.

An article from ariannaonline.com explains the situation, warning that we are doing exactly what the terrorists want us to do. "Aren't "they" winning when three ABC affiliates, including the Washington, D.C., station, cancel the show?"

She also states, "And aren't "they" winning when major sponsors like Federal Express and Sears put a higher price on their corporate image than on the essential democratic ingredient of free speech by pulling their ads? These companies have no problems defending capitalism, but they shrink from defending the values that make it possible."

America was founded on freedom of speech, and that is why sites like Newgrounds get away with what they do. You like Newgrounds, right?!

We can't let ABC cancel a show just because some jerks don't agree with it. The great thing about our country is that we can critisize it freely, and we should question our country's actions. Just because we were attacked by terrorists doesn't mean that we should be blinded by patriotism.

The government is not silencing Politically Incorrect, but ABC (owned by Disney) is a huge corporation, and we all know who REALLY controls this country. That's right kids, huge corporations.

I will never again ship packages via FedEX or shop at SEARS. They are forever pansy-pleasing assholes in my book.

Anyway, America is a kick ass country, and I intend to keep it that way. Keep watching Politically Incorrect. Keep questioning authority. Keep your mind OPEN!!! One more thing:

I have signed it allready.He SUCKS

Support Bill Maher

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-29 13:02:09

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-29 14:13:30

Guys, check out this link for an intelligent remark on this whole thing...

Also, be sure to check out its audio link.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-29 19:05:36

(off topic)
*cough* Two level 29s? That is some legendary crap!
(sorry, I had nothing to say on the issue)
and no, I just wanted to post something, I didn't have to.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-29 21:48:29

who the hell is bill maher? he's probably some fucknut to what i read.but the hell with it. BILL MAHER SUCKS/RULES!!!!

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-29 23:23:42

What the FUCK are you people talking about. Everyone who said this is not a big thing is a fucking bitch. The WORLD Trade Center was destroyed! That means it delt with the world, not just America. People these, how fucking stupid can you be. What the hell ... countries buildings are being destroyed because they are probally HAVING A GOD DAMN WAR WITH ANOTHER COUNTRY! Use your fucking heads before talking! If you want to contact me and bitch at me e-mail me at IXIKrAzYKiDDIXI@aol.com. So everyone who thinks this is nothing CAN SUCK MY MOTHERFUCKING DICK BITCH!

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-30 00:22:38

I am not American but I have seen the show and although I am not a huge fan I think that what FedEx and Sears are doing compromising everything North America has fough for.

And the fact that Disney had announced that they are considering canceling the show, should give us a wake up call as to who is actually controlling what we see.

Please don't send me nasty responses. That is my opinion and I would hope that I wouldn't be attacked for it.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-30 01:38:12

At 9/28/01 10:35 PM, Turnbolt wrote:
Okay, WHAT???? I won't even argue against that. I don't need to. That's just STUPID! It makes no sense. You flat said that Sears is doing the "wrong thing". You would force them to support something they don't want to. You compare this to me forcing Tom to shut up. I never said for Tom to shut up. If that was Rhetoric, then Osama Bin Laden is the next Miss America. Damn, dude. Get some sleep and get thinking straight before you look any more dumb!

Actually, I think you've done such a great job at defending myself that I don't have to say anything else.

You've said enough here for me to laugh at for quite a long time.

Thanks for the shits and giggles.

You've really really demonstrated how intelligent you are and how dumb I am.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-30 02:53:08

I always hated the guy anyway. Freedom of Speech is great, but there's a different between speaking your mind and trying to shock people by being a total dick, which he was. I feel no sympathy for him and I hope his idiotic show gets yanked off the air.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-30 03:12:42

I think http://www.ucomics.com/boondocks/viewbo.cfm?uc_full_date=20010928&uc_comic=bo&uc_daction=X says it all.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-30 09:34:22

No one is violating his free speech, he's welcome to say whatever the hell he wants. UPS and Sears are also welcome to express their own views, and they have shown their disagreement by pulling their adds. It's just as much their right to do so as it is his write to make the comments he made. Also It is a buisness and ABC can pull the show if they so please. If he wants to make the comments again he has plenty of other public, non-buisness related forums at his disposal. It's not a conspiracy to stifle free speech. My personal opinion is that I don't want to see ABC cancel the show and feel that's just too damn far, however I don't see it as an attack on free speech... There are plenty of other companies and laws that do that already that do need to be addressed, ie. DMCA MS lincense agreements in Front Page 2000 (but then what real webmaster uses anything other than vim or emacs...), RIAA, MPAA, VERIZION etc...

In the words of voltair I don't agree with anything you say, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it... that's why I'm enlisting, well that and so I can shoots me some terrorist :P

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-30 11:10:27

At 9/30/01 01:38 AM, Shrapnel wrote:
Okay, WHAT???? I won't even argue against that. I don't need to. That's just STUPID! It makes no sense. You flat said that Sears is doing the "wrong thing". You would force them to support something they don't want to. You compare this to me forcing Tom to shut up. I never said for Tom to shut up. If that was Rhetoric, then Osama Bin Laden is the next Miss America. Damn, dude. Get some sleep and get thinking straight before you look any more dumb!
Actually, I think you've done such a great job at defending myself that I don't have to say anything else.

Thank you, I quite agree. Though I don't think you're actually dumb. I just don't agree with you. This has become tired though, so perhaps agreeing to disagree is our best course of action.

Seriously, though, thanks for a spirited conversation!

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-30 14:56:43

At 9/30/01 09:34 AM, arranrod wrote: No one is violating his free speech, he's welcome to say whatever the hell he wants. UPS and Sears are also welcome to express their own views, and they have shown their disagreement by pulling their adds. It's just as much their right to do so as it is his write to make the comments he made. Also It is a buisness and ABC can pull the show if they so please. If he wants to make the comments again he has plenty of other public, non-buisness related forums at his disposal. It's not a conspiracy to stifle free speech. My personal opinion is that I don't want to see ABC cancel the show and feel that's just too damn far, however I don't see it as an attack on free speech... There are plenty of other companies and laws that do that already that do need to be addressed, ie. DMCA MS lincense agreements in Front Page 2000 (but then what real webmaster uses anything other than vim or emacs...), RIAA, MPAA, VERIZION etc...

In the words of voltair I don't agree with anything you say, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it... that's why I'm enlisting, well that and so I can shoots me some terrorist :P

EXACTLY!!!! THANK YOU, ARRANROD!!!! Brilliantly put!

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-30 16:09:03

I couldn't be happier about maher's cancellation.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-30 18:02:03

I think anyone who is anti-American should get the fuck out of America, but I still acknowledge that America's shit does indeed stink on occasion. Just because some terrorists blew up a good part of NYC doesn't mean that America is infallible.
No, it doesn't mean we're infallible. Hell we elected Clinton for TWO fucking terms in a row!!! HAHA! No, seriously, I don't think we're infallible either, but we ARE at war because of an act of war on us, and I think support is important for our country by our citizens, when in such a serious situation. I do, however acknowledge that some may disagree with me on that.

I've heard that there at millions of terrorist already in the United States. If they are going to take over America, they are going to do it from the inside...chemical warfare and stuff like that. I don't understand why the US is sending so many of our troops over to these other countries, when really, the war is here, on American soil!

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-30 19:59:27

Bill Maher has pissed me off by his comments on SEVERAL occasions, i want to know just what his comments were before i make my decision, but, in my book he is an asshole, and it wouldn't make me mad if his show got pulled off the air. but i wanna know just what he said

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-30 22:51:01

this relly sucks amaricans have always been known to make fun of them selves in good times and bad times. the media today is following lock step to whatever lie the white house ari fleisher spins our last hope to educate amarica ,it seems, falls in to the hands of our comedians. coporate amarica is now trying to silence our last hope ari fleisher told bill maher and the rest of us amaricans that he better watch what he says and what he dose.

this is still amarica the constitution is still in tacked and how dare any corprate entity or any goverment official try to even think they can silence us all if they can succeed in silenceing bill maher then yours and my civil liberties will soon in the trash can

think about it!

-------------------------------------------------------

* 9-11 dident change everthing *

bush still stole the election

the Scalia-five still stole our vote

the globe is still warming

cheney is still an oil company whore

ashcroft is still a fanatic

the rich are still getting richer

Star Wars is still a stupid

the surplus is still gone

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-10-01 00:52:28

At 9/30/01 11:10 AM, Turnbolt wrote:
At 9/30/01 01:38 AM, Shrapnel wrote:

Thank you, I quite agree. Though I don't think you're actually dumb. I just don't agree with you. This has become tired though, so perhaps agreeing to disagree is our best course of action.

Seriously, though, thanks for a spirited conversation!

As I expected, my cynicism was missed on you.

Thanks again for proving me right.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-10-01 16:10:19

Please dont be bitches. Just because you cant feel comfertable standing around doing nothing when people are staring at you, doesnt mean you have to turn into a jackass when you feel you'll gain credibility.
uhmmm....thats what i put on the petition....uhmmm thats as smart as i wanna sound. GIVE ME FREE FLASH....just kidding.

STink up the pINK

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-10-01 18:45:28

What's the big fuking deal Bill Mahr sux ass! His show is gay and he is not funny one bit! Im glad he'll get cancelled maybe they'll put something better on(just hope they dont fill the slot with the millionare show).

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-10-01 19:18:13

I signed the petition...

Bill Maher has been taking such heat for those comments made on his show a few weeks ago... We know he's not the most tactful guy on the planet, but when thinking about it, I don't think his comments were that bad... I don't think he was so much calling the U.S. "cowardly", as he was trying to make a point that the suicide hijackers aren't quite the cowards we'd all like to believe. I could most definitely fire a missile from 2,000 miles away in the name of my cause, no problem. Not so sure I'd be willing to go down in a plane for that same cause. I understood what he was saying. It's not a complicated military comment, nor one aimed at U.S. citizens directly, just a commentary on the difficulty to override the human instinct for survival.

And as far as FedEx and Sears goes... business is business, and should stay that way. A company has every right to pull out and give an explantion for their actions. But beyond that, using a decision like this to try to generate any sort of reaction from the public would be wrong. The decision to pull their ads is enough to make the position that FedEx and Sears is taking on Bill Maher's comments very clear! But using that decision in any way, that's taking advantage of their situation of power and ceases to become a pure business decision.

In my opinion, once a company starts using business to preach morality, they have suddenly become in the "business" of morality. (Hmmmm... should I call FedEx to deliver my package, or to see whether or not I have an opinion on Bill Maher's comments!?) They can certainly base their decisions on whichever morals they've chosen, but, please, don't try to teach us a thing or two!

Just my comment...

Playinhookey.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-10-03 12:25:02

Sears sucks.

Support Bill Maher

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-10-03 13:50:20

I think you have completely missed the boat my friend. The corporations are owned by people all around the world (stock) and these people vote for persons to run those corporations. Are you telling me that you do not support the right of those people and the corporations they own to decide where they spend their advertising budget? If so, then you are one of "them" that you speak of. You definitely have the right not to shop at one of these businesses, and that's what makes America great. But instead of calling them pansy-pleasing assholes because they don't agree with you (mr. righteous), you should consider embracing them for standing in what THEY believe in. THAT is what being American is about, not righteousness and trying to be "right", whatever that means to you.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-10-04 05:46:49