00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Support Bill Maher

8,998 Views | 106 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Support Bill Maher 2001-09-27 02:08:57

Olskool NG user Daniel Zelter brought something to my attention... Due to comments made by Bill Maher that were misinterpreted as being "anti-American" (oh heavens no!), Sears and FedEx have pulled sponsorship on his show, Politically Incorrect. Several ABC affiliates have already taken the show off the air, and it is in threat of being cancelled.

An article from ariannaonline.com explains the situation, warning that we are doing exactly what the terrorists want us to do. "Aren't "they" winning when three ABC affiliates, including the Washington, D.C., station, cancel the show?"

She also states, "And aren't "they" winning when major sponsors like Federal Express and Sears put a higher price on their corporate image than on the essential democratic ingredient of free speech by pulling their ads? These companies have no problems defending capitalism, but they shrink from defending the values that make it possible."

America was founded on freedom of speech, and that is why sites like Newgrounds get away with what they do. You like Newgrounds, right?!

We can't let ABC cancel a show just because some jerks don't agree with it. The great thing about our country is that we can critisize it freely, and we should question our country's actions. Just because we were attacked by terrorists doesn't mean that we should be blinded by patriotism.

The government is not silencing Politically Incorrect, but ABC (owned by Disney) is a huge corporation, and we all know who REALLY controls this country. That's right kids, huge corporations.

I will never again ship packages via FedEX or shop at SEARS. They are forever pansy-pleasing assholes in my book.

Anyway, America is a kick ass country, and I intend to keep it that way. Keep watching Politically Incorrect. Keep questioning authority. Keep your mind OPEN!!! One more thing:

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY SIGNING THIS ON-LINE PETITION!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-27 23:20:10

Yeah, go Bill Maher. He is one of the last true individuals on TV, and even if you don't agree with him, you have to respect his defense of the First Amendment. I watch "Politically Incorrect" all the time - if you've never seen it and you're flipping around the channels at 12:05 AM, definitely check it out on ABC.

Ross Snyder - PHP Juggler

If you find a problem on the website, send me a PM.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-27 23:23:06

What kind of countries are we growing up in that state "Freedom of speech" as a right, but only if it agrees with the sponsors!?! This is madness.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-27 23:24:17

I will never again ship packages via FedEX or shop at SEARS. They are forever pansy-pleasing assholes in my book.

I've taken the same pledge. It's little short of going out and punching each and every one of them in the groin, but it'll do.

Support Bill Maher

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-27 23:32:22

I think Bill Maher is arrogant and.........stupid.

he can say what he wants, but that still doesnt make him....not...arrogant..n stupid. so take that!

Support Bill Maher

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-27 23:33:32

I have already signed this morning! I say we let the guy speak his mind!!

life has to happen sometimes, it just happing to me all over the place

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-27 23:39:29

At 9/27/01 02:08 AM, TomFulp wrote: Olskool NG user Daniel Zelter brought something to my attention... Due to comments made by Bill Maher that were misinterpreted as being "anti-American" (oh heavens no!), Sears and FedEx have pulled sponsorship on his show, Politically Incorrect. (snip)

What is the old saying, "The first casulty in war is inevitably the truth." Something bad happened, so no one say anything that might possibly offend someone else. Unfortuantly, there seems to be a horrifying return to McCartyism; round up anyone who might have connections to people who might have connections to someone who knows someone who could possibly have a connection to Bin Ladin's group- anyone who disagrees with the majority is anti-American.

What is the old saying, "The first casualty in war is inevitably the truth." Something bad happened, so no one say anything that might possibly offend someone else. Unfortunately, there seems to be a horrifying return to McCarthyism; round up anyone who might have connections to people who might have connections to someone who knows someone who could possibly have a connection to Bin Ladin's group- anyone who disagrees with the majority is anti-American.

We have to find Bin Ladin's people in the US, we have to stop Bin Ladin and his people abroad, but snipping at each other is not going to help achieve either goal. A differing opinion is not necessarily an evil opinion. Corporate America runs shrieking whenever some zealot utters the word "boycott", hopefully that same tactic will smack some sense into them. I'm personally boycotting buying a satellite dish from Sears now because of them pulling their support from PI. Take that Corporate America! :)

-Septy.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-27 23:44:05

I signed. Just because someone says something that may seem horrible at first it doesn't mean that they are truely what they seem to be. One must look at the words used and what context that they are used in.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-27 23:57:39

=) since no one responded I thought I'd ask you a question...... In flash I goto get url and type in the url word for word perfrectly... an then when I test it out it doesent work? it gives me a 404 error (i think( what the hell should I do?

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 00:05:34

I wish I could see ABC here from Denmark :D

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 00:10:18

I'm not sure what pisses me off more... the fact that you would put up a petition to save the ass of an idiot like Bill Maher, or that ANYONE would want to save a hunk of CRAP show like Politically Incorrect!!!

It already comes on in, like, the three a.m. time slot, and the dude can't even get a decent guest!!! "On the next Politically Incorrect, ALF and a guy who rode in a plane once!!! Don't miss it tomorrow night at 3 a.m.!!!"

Look. I heard Maher's comments, and I wouldn't call them "Anti-American", but they were GROSSLY inappropriate at the time he said them. Top it off with that the show is not a hit at ALL, and the fact that Bill Maher is about as funny as infant death, and there is NO reason to keep the guy on the air!!!

The terrorists are not winning by a stretch if that fool show is canceled! In fact, I'M winning!!! I hope that shithead's carreer is OVER! GOD he's annoying!!! Sign a petition to protect a no-talent HACK like Bill Maher??? I'd rather support Bin Laden's genitalia with my tongue!!!

Also, I am offended by your need to appear "cutting edge" by acting like you're so cool with things which may be "Anti-American". Without America, things like NG would not flourish as they do and the less you support America in deeds and words as well as actions, the more you threaten your own rights and ours to be an upstart, smartass, jerk like most of us are, myself included! I'm proud to be an American where I can shoot my mouth off as I wish! But if I start anti-American propiganda in a time of war, I HOPE that the media will show the class and good sense to not support my dumb ass!!! Up yours for that little "(oh heavens no!)" crack, Tom Fulp!!! And up anyone elses who feel the same way!!!

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 00:35:09

Further! Anyone who TRULY supports the freedoms of this country, ESPECIALLY freedom of speech, would equally support Sears and Fed/Ex for expressing their opinions in pulling their ads from the show! You would force them to support something, even if it they don't wish to??? Even if they aren't comfortable with it or disagree??? And you're supposed to be about "freedom of speech"??? REALLY look at what you are saying there. It's EXTREMELY one sided. Maher made some patriotic sponsors mad with his opinion. They, in turn, expressed THEIR opinion by bailing out on him. If he can't generate revenue, he's cancelled by the network for something which will make money.

That's business. That's how America works. Survival of the fittest and all that! Maher doesn't have the star power to say those things and not lose sponsors. He screwed himself!!! You can't blame the sponsors for THAT! "I'm about freedom of speech, but not for sponsors who bail on a show I like!!!" Whatever, dude!

I'm sure Sears will REALLY miss the cash that the 8 of you were bringing in! As for me personally? You guys are on CRACK!!! Not shop at SEARS??? WITH THEIR TOOL DEPARTMENT!!!??? Hell, they can SHOOT Bill Maher on Pay-Per-View for all I care!!!

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 00:42:48

At 9/27/01 11:20 PM, Ross wrote: if you've never seen it and you're flipping around the channels at 12:05 AM, definitely check it out on ABC.

I watched Politically Incorrect about every other night, and for the past week or so I've tuned in to ABC at 12:05 and it hasn't been there. Last night I noticed the tv guide channel said it was on at 12:35 so I checked it out and it was an infomercial for Ms. Cleo. I've heard that some affiliates have pulled the show from their schedules and I don't think it's on around here anymore. I'm kind of pissed off.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 00:43:33

At 9/28/01 12:10 AM, Turnbolt wrote: Also, I am offended by your need to appear "cutting edge" by acting like you're so cool with things which may be "Anti-American". Without America, things like NG would not flourish as they do and the less you support America in deeds and words as well as actions, the more you threaten your own rights and ours to be an upstart, smartass, jerk like most of us are, myself included! I'm proud to be an American where I can shoot my mouth off as I wish! But if I start anti-American propiganda in a time of war, I HOPE that the media will show the class and good sense to not support my dumb ass!!! Up yours for that little "(oh heavens no!)" crack, Tom Fulp!!! And up anyone elses who feel the same way!!!

If I wanted to please the fans, I would be posting messages about how we should nuke Afghanistan. By supporting Bill Maher, I am likely pissing off a lot of NG fans.

I was being sarcastic with that "oh heavens no!" comment - I am not down with being anti-American, and Bill Maher was not being anti-American. Morons are misinterpreting him as being anti-american, because their judgement is blinded by their exagerated patriotism.

I think anyone who is anti-American should get the fuck out of America, but I still acknowledge that America's shit does indeed stink on occasion. Just because some terrorists blew up a good part of NYC doesn't mean that America is infallible.

Heck, how long has American been around... a few hundred years? The Roman Empire was around for a thousand years. I can pretty much garantee that America is gonna get blown to smitherines at some point... Sorry, that's just the way history works. We are all gonna get whiped out by some nuclear and/or chemical weapon, and the world will continue on for thousands of years.

I don't even know where I'm going with any of this... Oh yeah, FUCK YOU, and God Bless America!

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 00:49:47

So what exactly did Bill say?

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 01:03:08

At 9/28/01 12:49 AM, ImPulSe7 wrote: So what exactly did Bill say?

Here is the transcript:
-----------------------------
Dinesh: Bill, there's another piece of political correctness I want to mention.
And, although I think Bush has been doing a great job, one of the themes we hear constantly is that the people who did this are cowards.

Bill: Not true.

Dinesh: Not true.
Look at what they did.
First of all, you have a whole bunch of guys who are willing to give their life.
None of 'em backed out.
All of them slammed themselves into pieces of concrete.

Bill: Exactly.

Dinesh: These are warriors.
And we have to realize that the principles of our way of life are in conflict with people in the world.
And so --
I mean, I'm all for understanding the sociological causes of this, but we should not blame the victim.
Americans shouldn't blame themselves because other people want to bomb them.

Bill: But also, we should --
we have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away.
That's cowardly.
Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly.
You're right.

Arianna: You make such an important point.
When you talk about the American idea and the American way of life, all, you know, worth dying for.
But let us not forget how many innocent civilians we killed when we bombed Yugoslavia to rubble, because we did not want to have a single American soldier die.
And now we have over 5,000 innocent civilians die because we were cowardly when it came to our military personnel.
And that goes across the board to Iraq, many parts of the country where we bombed innocent civilians.
-------------------------------

It's like Bush said on TV - this isn't going to be like what we have seen in the past few years - America IS planning to send soldiers into Afghanistan. The point they are making is, YES, America has killed 1000x the # of innocent people in order to save the lives of a few American soldiers.

You don't see it on TV, but America is still bombing Iraq on a regular basis. We are blowing up all sorts of shit. I'm pretty apathetic and I don't really give a shit... But are we doing it to fight terrorism, or are we doing it to fight for OIL?

The bottom line is, Politically Incorrect is a show about DEBATE. It is a show about VARIED opinions. People should appreciate that, even if they don't agree with everyone on the show.

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 01:07:36

At 9/28/01 12:35 AM, Turnbolt wrote: Further! Anyone who TRULY supports the freedoms of this country, ESPECIALLY freedom of speech, would equally support Sears and Fed/Ex for expressing their opinions in pulling their ads from the show! You would force them to support something, even if it they don't wish to??? Even if they aren't comfortable with it or disagree??? And you're supposed to be about "freedom of speech"??? REALLY look at what you are saying there. It's EXTREMELY one sided. Maher made some patriotic sponsors mad with his opinion. They, in turn, expressed THEIR opinion by bailing out on him. If he can't generate revenue, he's cancelled by the network for something which will make money.

Well I guess I can't argue with that, but now that I know their opinion, it is my opinion that they are assholes and I won't shop at their stores.

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 01:10:17

What worried me about the terrorist attacks was not the danger or death by Osama and his cronies, but rather the actions of the american government, AND public. This parinoia is going to kill our freedom if it goes unchecked. I'm tired of all the "Americanism" and "family friendly parts of our country." Fuck that shit. What pisses me off is that not only do these corporations and government dish out crap, but the public rushes to eat up the shit. Damn. I read a poll on Netscape today. It said that 67% of the people responding (about 200000) would give up their freedoms for more security. Who's willing to bet that these are predominitely unwise, upper middle class white people? God damn, I hate yuppies. The upper middle class has been thoroughly brainwashed, and what bugs me most is the fact that these people were once free-thinking hippies, college students, and the like who sold out. Yes, fellow Newgrounds users, one day, you too might become one of them. Don't enjoy the sweet taste of money and material shit. It will suck your soul dry. These yuppies fucking up the country are not stupid, as shown by their college degrees and crap. They are unwise, a testament that you people should pursue wisdom and truth, regardlees of the pain. "People are sheep, ruled by fear." -Sydney Losstarot (Vagrant story) Osama is laughin his fucking ass off at America. America is beginning to suck, It already has for a long time, masked by happiness and material comfort. It is up to us, the next generation to not fuck up ourselves and society. You see, we are the people the government fears most, because we have the potential to change the system. If you don't like what you hear, if you have a problem with what I write, keep reading, keep learning. People who give up because it's too hard, or they don't like what they hear are shitty people. These yuppies gave up on their dreams, sacrificed them for "security," but they have no real friends or love. The reasone why people like this want more and more is because they are not satisfied, but they do n ot know why. They are not content, because dep down inside they know how shiity they are, and how much their life really sucks. These shallow people control and fuck up their kids too. Anyway, GOD DAMN I FUCKING RANT! Oh well, maybe those who took the time to read this learned something new. Good for you. Wisdom is key, people, wisdom is key. Oh yeah, don't hate the yuppies, reach out to them, peacfully, try to teach them, passively. Aggression only makes them increase their defenses. You must use the power of wisdom to unbrainwash them. Lastly I'd like to say that if they start banning guns or censoring George Carlin, I'm outta here. Peace out.
-Al
(I just read that airports are being put under national guard. "National Guard troops are set to patrol airports, as part of new federal effort to improve air safety." -Netscape. To keep terrorists out? Or to keep us in? Gulp. Nazi Germany anyone?)

Support Bill Maher

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 01:11:29

I will be really pissed if they shut down Newgrounds because of this crap. I support the fight and FREEDOM OF SPEECH RULES!

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 01:24:49

At 9/28/01 01:11 AM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote: I will be really pissed if they shut down Newgrounds because of this crap. I support the fight and FREEDOM OF SPEECH RULES!

I don't think we need to worry about that. The reason why I take this situation to heart is because Newgrounds has the same problem - big companies won't sponsor anything that doesn't please everyone. Anyone who has come to Newgrounds for a long time has seen our struggle with keeping advertisers. Sometimes we got em, sometimes we don't...

Maybe I am just bitter about that. I want companies to sponsor GOOD SHIT. I think Newgrounds is GOOD SHIT. And Politically Correct... Even though I never really watched it in the first place... Seems like GOOD SHIT.

Oh well... I'm tired.

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 01:55:20

At 9/28/01 12:10 AM, Turnbolt wrote: I'm not sure what pisses me off more... the fact that you would put up a petition to save the ass of an idiot like Bill Maher, or that ANYONE would want to save a hunk of CRAP show like Politically Incorrect!!!

It already comes on in, like, the three a.m. time slot, and the dude can't even get a decent guest!!! "On the next Politically Incorrect, ALF and a guy who rode in a plane once!!! Don't miss it tomorrow night at 3 a.m.!!!"

Ok- fair enough- you don't like the show. I don't like Bill Maher either because he says some ignorant things but you know why I respect him? Because people like him have the balls to get in there and talk about things people could lose their jobs for saying.

Look. I heard Maher's comments, and I wouldn't call them "Anti-American", but they were GROSSLY inappropriate at the time he said them. Top it off with that the show is not a hit at ALL, and the fact that Bill Maher is about as funny as infant death, and there is NO reason to keep the guy on the air!!!

Grossly inappropriate? I thought you supported freedom of speech. You mention:

"I'm proud to be an American where I can shoot my mouth off as I wish! But if I start anti-American propiganda in a time of war, I HOPE that the media will show the class and good sense to not support my dumb ass!!! "

So is freedom of speech only a front? Your statement implies that we are only allowed to speak what is accepted by the government. He did not state anti-American propaganda. I assume you are referring to this statement:
"Bill: But also, we should --
we have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away.
That's cowardly.
Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly.
You're right."

He's attack the US tactics. The US has done many noble things in the past but it has also had it's share of shameful acts. The media has already not shown any "class"- they have all given into the "terror" the terrorists intended. What's the deal with showing the plane hitting the WTC over and over again. I saw it so many times the day it happened I started to think it was cool. You know the first time I saw it I was thinking "Oh my God" but after the 20th time you start judging the camera angles and how much debris falls out of the plane. The media is up their for ratings and shock value.

The terrorists are not winning by a stretch if that fool show is canceled! In fact, I'M winning!!! I hope that shithead's carreer is OVER! GOD he's annoying!!! Sign a petition to protect a no-talent HACK like Bill Maher??? I'd rather support Bin Laden's genitalia with my tongue!!!

Yea the terrorists are winning if the show is cancelled. They are already winning by taking out all traces of the WTCs existing. Why don't they take out Pearl Harbour then? Why erase an essential part of history? The fact is it happened. Sure Bill Maher's a no-talent hack- I don't disagree- but I support anybody who is going to be stiffled by over-sensitive ignorant forces in management trying to 'pretty' up reality for the citizens of the US. Where does the censorship stop? Is Pico going to be removed for having the plane crash into the building during the intro?

Also, I am offended by your need to appear "cutting edge" by acting like you're so cool with things which may be "Anti-American". Without America, things like NG would not flourish as they do and the less you support America in deeds and words as well as actions, the more you threaten your own rights and ours to be an upstart, smartass, jerk like most of us are, myself included! I'm proud to be an American where I can shoot my mouth off as I wish! But if I start anti-American propiganda in a time of war, I HOPE that the media will show the class and good sense to not support my dumb ass!!! Up yours for that little "(oh heavens no!)" crack, Tom Fulp!!! And up anyone elses who feel the same way!!!

He isn't acting cool about things that are anti-American. I thought America was founded on free speech and if you think Tom is anti-American, then you must be one of those who think America stands for a stagnant society afraid to play with ideas because it's citizens are too weak to distinguish right from wrong.

Perhaps you could even write an actual argument next time instead of personal attacks.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 02:00:19

At 9/28/01 01:07 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/28/01 12:35 AM, Turnbolt wrote: Further! Anyone who TRULY supports the freedoms of this country, ESPECIALLY freedom of speech, would equally support Sears and Fed/Ex for expressing their opinions in pulling their ads from the show! You would force them to support something, even if it they don't wish to??? Even if they aren't comfortable with it or disagree??? And you're supposed to be about "freedom of speech"??? REALLY look at what you are saying there. It's EXTREMELY one sided. Maher made some patriotic sponsors mad with his opinion. They, in turn, expressed THEIR opinion by bailing out on him. If he can't generate revenue, he's cancelled by the network for something which will make money.
Well I guess I can't argue with that, but now that I know their opinion, it is my opinion that they are assholes and I won't shop at their stores.

-Tom

And I can and will because Mr. Turnbolt has a circular argument.
" Further! Anyone who TRULY supports the freedoms of this country, ESPECIALLY freedom of speech, would equally support Sears and Fed/Ex for expressing their opinions in pulling their ads from the show! "
If you truly supported freedom of speech you wouldn't be making such a big deal of this.
Sears and Fed/Ex are not supporting freedom of speech.
They are afraid that Bill Maher's statements may negatively affect their image by eing associated with them. This tells me they think their customers are stupid. They think that any statement, no matter how minor, that shows criticism of the United States is against the United States. How is a society supposed to progress if nobody mentions what is going wrong?
Are we too afraid of opinions?

Do you want the US to fall like Rome?

"! You would force them to support something, even if it they don't wish to??? Even if they aren't comfortable with it or disagree??? And you're supposed to be about "freedom of speech"??? "

And you would force Tom to shut up?

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 02:07:41

At 9/28/01 02:00 AM, Shrapnel wrote: Do you want the US to fall like Rome?

The US will most likely fall, probably much like Rome. However we can postpone and lessen the severity of it.

Todays Empires are Tomarrows Ashes

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 02:07:55

At 9/27/01 02:08 AM, TomFulp wrote: Olskool NG user Daniel Zelter brought something to my attention... Due to comments made by Bill Maher that were misinterpreted as being "anti-American" (oh heavens no!), Sears and FedEx have pulled sponsorship on his show, Politically Incorrect. Several ABC affiliates have already taken the show off the air, and it is in threat of being cancelled.

An article from ariannaonline.com explains the situation, warning that we are doing exactly what the terrorists want us to do. "Aren't "they" winning when three ABC affiliates, including the Washington, D.C., station, cancel the show?"

She also states, "And aren't "they" winning when major sponsors like Federal Express and Sears put a higher price on their corporate image than on the essential democratic ingredient of free speech by pulling their ads? These companies have no problems defending capitalism, but they shrink from defending the values that make it possible."

America was founded on freedom of speech, and that is why sites like Newgrounds get away with what they do. You like Newgrounds, right?!

We can't let ABC cancel a show just because some jerks don't agree with it. The great thing about our country is that we can critisize it freely, and we should question our country's actions. Just because we were attacked by terrorists doesn't mean that we should be blinded by patriotism.

The government is not silencing Politically Incorrect, but ABC (owned by Disney) is a huge corporation, and we all know who REALLY controls this country. That's right kids, huge corporations.

Anyway, America is a kick ass country, and I intend to keep it that way. Keep watching Politically Incorrect. Keep questioning authority. Keep your mind OPEN!!! One more thing:

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY SIGNING THIS ON-LINE PETITION!

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 02:39:51

That's business. That's how America works. Survival of the fittest and all that! Maher doesn't have the star power to say those things and not lose sponsors. He screwed himself!!! You can't blame the sponsors for THAT! "I'm about freedom of speech, but not for sponsors who bail on a show I like!!!" Whatever, dude!

I'm sure Sears will REALLY miss the cash that the 8 of you were bringing in! As for me personally? You guys are on CRACK!!! Not shop at SEARS??? WITH THEIR TOOL DEPARTMENT!!!??? Hell, they can SHOOT Bill Maher on Pay-Per-View for all I care!!!

Jesus man, you sound like you are a spokesperson for Sears....I would rather shop at Walmart then shop at Sears....Sears is GHETTO with a capital G!! Though unfortunately your post does have SOME merit....Albeit you are going about it entirely the wrong way....And actually the companies didn't EXPRESS their opinion....They just got about 8 (Using your number there) people to complain about the issue....So they decided to pull their Advertisement spots....Guess what?? I'm expressing my freedom by NOT shopping there....Yeah so what if I'm not making a tremendous impact....But you know what?? You tell one person and they tell one person and so on and so forth....Plus I don't even know why Sears is being so choosy as to who they Advertise with....They aren't doing that well or do you guys remember the big Sears closing about 5 years ago....When Sears closed down like half their stores....They NEED the business....Nothing will get done and Bill won't lose his job....So what?? Life goes on and whatnot....So who cares....Jesus it's late and why am I babbling??

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 02:42:17

At 9/28/01 12:10 AM, Turnbolt wrote: I'm not sure what pisses me off more... the fact that you would put up a petition to save the ass of an idiot like Bill Maher, or that ANYONE would want to save a hunk of CRAP show like Politically Incorrect!!!

And FURTHER MORE....You said the show is crap and no one of importance is on it....Well why did you watch it? Not much to do at that late hour for you?? Him methinks hypocracy is a muthafuka

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 02:44:51

At 9/28/01 12:43 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/28/01 12:10 AM, Turnbolt wrote: Also, I am offended by your need to appear "cutting edge" by acting like you're so cool with things which may be "Anti-American". Without America, things like NG would not flourish as they do and the less you support America in deeds and words as well as actions, the more you threaten your own rights and ours to be an upstart, smartass, jerk like most of us are, myself included! I'm proud to be an American where I can shoot my mouth off as I wish! But if I start anti-American propiganda in a time of war, I HOPE that the media will show the class and good sense to not support my dumb ass!!! Up yours for that little "(oh heavens no!)" crack, Tom Fulp!!! And up anyone elses who feel the same way!!!

If I wanted to please the fans, I would be posting messages about how we should nuke Afghanistan. By supporting Bill Maher, I am likely pissing off a lot of NG fans.

I was being sarcastic with that "oh heavens no!" comment - I am not down with being anti-American, and Bill Maher was not being anti-American. Morons are misinterpreting him as being anti-american, because their judgement is blinded by their exagerated patriotism.

I think anyone who is anti-American should get the fuck out of America, but I still acknowledge that America's shit does indeed stink on occasion. Just because some terrorists blew up a good part of NYC doesn't mean that America is infallible.

Heck, how long has American been around... a few hundred years? The Roman Empire was around for a thousand years. I can pretty much garantee that America is gonna get blown to smitherines at some point... Sorry, that's just the way history works. We are all gonna get whiped out by some nuclear and/or chemical weapon, and the world will continue on for thousands of years.

I don't even know where I'm going with any of this... Oh yeah, FUCK YOU, and God Bless America!

-Tom

Tom I believe the Roman empire was only around a scant 200 or so years....How long has America been around?? About 200 or so years...I think we are on borrowed time myself....

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 05:31:35

Iv'e just signed the petition.

I hate it when people say things are "politically incorrect"

bastards

Newgrounds is a website for 13 year olds who cannot understand the difference between "there", "their" and "they´re".

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 06:23:33

I'd rather not watch a bunch of rich idiots discussing politics anyway.

Response to Support Bill Maher 2001-09-28 08:57:31