00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

0llybros just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drawing Tablet 1 & Tombdude

3,603 Views | 14 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Each day this month, I’ll be making a post announcing a recipient of our Annual Tablet Giveaway and highlighting something cool that happened on NG this year.

Today’s tablet recipient is @Ahkihoun!

Also a tattoo artist, Ahkihoun is diving back into digital art and making Corvid Courtship, a bird dating simulator. She has been working with an iPad but it has been limiting, so she would like to expand to a tablet for her computer.

2022 Highlight - Tombdude

@Tombdude made and participated in a lot of games this year! It started with Parallel Panic, which took 2nd place in our annual Pixel Day event on January 23rd.

Tombdude was programmer, with @MKMaffo and @ayekerik on art, @Prutte on music and @DOGL contributing his delightful voice.

For the Game Maker’s Toolkit Jam, Tombdude and Prutte teamed up again to create GIMMIKO!

This dynamic duo then entered the Lowrez Jam with BIMSY’S BOUNTY.

Besides programming, Tombdude contributed various bits like art and/or sound to SHOOT TRIP DIE, Adventure of Leek, ShrimpOS, Run For the Hills and Spider’s in Psy’s Attic. What a phenomenal year!

Other News

NG Voice Acting Collab 2022 has launched! It’s in the big banner on the front page but I still wanted to note it because it's a pretty big deal.

@BrandyBuizel has announced NG ADVENTure 2022 is coming and Day 1 will once again be a freebie because things tend to run a little late when you’re doing big things!

Today is the last day to sign up for the Music Secret Santa.

Registration for the Art Secret Santa is now closed and assignments have been made, with 745 participants this year!

Thank you to our Tablet Giveaway Sponsors!

@Cutsu-Art - $200

@orbitz - $160

@arkoirisangel - $120

@Zombie-Pimp - $120

@JazLyte - $100

@AllasAndWailaway - $60

@Sabtastic - $60

@MSGhero - $60

@TheADHX - $50

@The-EXP - $50

@SUCCubusnoelle - $40

@RelchBelch - $40

@GUTHRIE - $25

@ConnorGrail - $20

@53xy83457 - $20

@Drcockula - $20

@Avovet - $20

@AlexEclipse013 - $20

@chromxtic - $15

Anon - $50

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 1 & Tombdude 2022-12-01 17:24:04

Congratulations @Ahkihoun! It looks like you're going to put that tablet to great use!

Response to Drawing Tablet 1 & Tombdude 2022-12-01 17:57:36

I love the owl's colour pallet. Then again, I already have a bias since I like owls but still.

Froggo is always watching.

I'm going to shit your pants

[Pronouns are they/them btw]

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 1 & Tombdude 2022-12-01 18:00:21

Awhawhawhawhaaaa!!!!?!?!?!

Thanks for the love Tom <3 hopefully I'll manage to grind out even more stuff in 2023!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 1 & Tombdude 2022-12-01 18:27:09

At 12/1/22 05:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: Each day this month, I’ll be making a post announcing a recipient of our Annual Tablet Giveaway and highlighting something cool that happened on NG this year.

Today’s tablet recipient is @Ahkihoun!

Also a tattoo artist, Ahkihoun is diving back into digital art and making Corvid Courtship, a bird dating simulator. She has been working with an iPad but it has been limiting, so she would like to expand to a tablet for her computer.

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/ahkihoun/oni
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/ahkihoun/i-wish-i-was-a-cosmic-owl
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/ahkihoun/somewhere-in-the-east

2022 Highlight - Tombdude

@Tombdude made and participated in a lot of games this year! It started with Parallel Panic, which took 2nd place in our annual Pixel Day event on January 23rd.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/830401

Tombdude was programmer, with @MKMaffo and @ayekerik on art, @Prutte on music and @DOGL contributing his delightful voice.

For the Game Maker’s Toolkit Jam, Tombdude and Prutte teamed up again to create GIMMIKO!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/850550

This dynamic duo then entered the Lowrez Jam with BIMSY’S BOUNTY.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/853699

Besides programming, Tombdude contributed various bits like art and/or sound to SHOOT TRIP DIE, Adventure of Leek, ShrimpOS, Run For the Hills and Spider’s in Psy’s Attic. What a phenomenal year!

Other News

NG Voice Acting Collab 2022 has launched! It’s in the big banner on the front page but I still wanted to note it because it's a pretty big deal.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1176359

@BrandyBuizel has announced NG ADVENTure 2022 is coming and Day 1 will once again be a freebie because things tend to run a little late when you’re doing big things!

Today is the last day to sign up for the Music Secret Santa.

Registration for the Art Secret Santa is now closed and assignments have been made, with 745 participants this year!

Thank you to our Tablet Giveaway Sponsors!

@Cutsu-Art - $200
@orbitz - $160
@arkoirisangel - $120
@Zombie-Pimp - $120
@JazLyte - $100
@AllasAndWailaway - $60
@Sabtastic - $60
@MSGhero - $60
@TheADHX - $50
@The-EXP - $50
@SUCCubusnoelle - $40
@RelchBelch - $40
@ConnorGrail - $20
@53xy83457 - $20
@Drcockula - $20
@Avovet - $20
@AlexEclipse013 - $20
Anon - $50

Tombdude is one of my favorite users on this site. They are so incredibly talented and just all-around cool to chat to. I love them and their work deserves all of our eyes and ears. <3

tombdude fandom rise up

@Tombdude is rad! I don't know him personally but he makes real cool shit bro!!

Love you guys <3

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 1 & Tombdude 2022-12-02 01:46:08

Response to Drawing Tablet 1 & Tombdude 2022-12-02 05:49:50

Lots of good pics for today. Top notch work.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 1 & Tombdude 2022-12-02 11:30:06

iu_826152_9399471.webp

This is what Tom Fulp looks like in the anime

Who cares about my work and other fun - I'm here

Response to Drawing Tablet 1 & Tombdude 2022-12-02 14:18:38

Congrats to Ahkihoun and Tombdude.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 1 & Tombdude 2022-12-02 17:41:38

At 12/1/22 05:24 PM, GUTHRIE wrote: Congratulations @Ahkihoun! It looks like you're going to put that tablet to great use!

Im sorry I didn’t see this until now. I never saw the notification. I am absolutely beyond grateful. This month has been so hard and so to have my other one trashed on me was pretty devastating. This community has always been such a beacon of love and support for artists. It really means the world.

Response to Drawing Tablet 1 & Tombdude 2022-12-02 17:41:52

At 12/1/22 05:57 PM, PudgieDaFrog wrote: I love the owl's colour pallet. Then again, I already have a bias since I like owls but still.

Thanks friend!

Response to Drawing Tablet 1 & Tombdude 2022-12-02 17:44:30

At 12/2/22 02:18 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Congrats to Ahkihoun and Tombdude.

thank you!

Response to Drawing Tablet 1 & Tombdude 2022-12-03 16:11:45

At 12/2/22 05:44 PM, Ahkihoun wrote:
At 12/2/22 02:18 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Congrats to Ahkihoun and Tombdude.
thank you!

You are very welcome. Hope you have a great holiday.

@Ahkihoun

BBS Signature