00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread

1,507 Views | 20 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-06-26 20:30:23

Hello again! In this thread, you will cast your votes that will determine the Fan Favourite winner for AIM 2022! Before voting, please review the rules and guidelines below, as they may have changed from previous years.

Just like in the submissions thread, please direct any questions about the fan vote to the Discussions thread and keep this thread to fan votes (and organizer announcements) only.

HOW TO VOTE

You will rank your top 5 favourite entries, posted numerically from 1 to 5, with 1 being the entry you like the most. Format the votes like this:

Link to #1 Audio

Link to #2 Audio

Link to #3 Audio

Link to #4 Audio

Link to #5 Audio

For the above example, please use the Share link on the track you’d like to vote for and put it on its own line so that it embeds into the post. Links should look something like this: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1139585 on their own line, without any of the ?updated=23423 stuff after it.

Alternatively, you can put your votes in a numbered list as such:

1. “Title of Track 1” by Author 1
  2. “Title of Track 2” by Author 2
  3. “Title of Track 3” by Author 3
  4. “Title of Track 4” by Author 4
  5. “Title of Track 5” by Author 5

Linking to the tracks themselves in this example is appreciated, but not necessary, so long as the title and the author names are accurate. 

If you want to provide commentary on your votes, you can do so below your votes in the same post (though comments aren’t necessary if you don't want to). The important thing is keeping the votes separate so that it’s easier to keep track of them.

SCORING SYSTEM

The ranked pieces will be assigned a certain number of points: 

• 1st place vote - 5 points
  • 2nd place vote - 4 points
  • 3rd place vote - 3 points
  • 4th place vote - 2 points
  • 5th place vote - 1 point 

The Fan Favourite award will be given to the entry with the most points that is not already going to be a winner or runner-up. If a winner is indeterminate by too few people voting and not enough overlap (at the organizer's discretion), there will be no Fan Favourite winner.

RULES/GUIDELINES

• Both participants and non-participants can vote. The only people on Newgrounds who cannot vote are the judges (for obvious reasons). 
  • You can only vote on qualifying entries submitted in AIM 2022. These can be found in the AIM 2022 master list or the approved entries playlists (1 and 2)
  • Voting for the same entry more than once (eg. ranking one entry you like as both 1st and 2nd) is not allowed. You can, however, vote for different entries by the same composer (for those who submitted 2 entries). 
  • Partial voting will not be permitted this year. If you vote for less than 5 entries, none of the votes will be counted. If you submit more than 5, then only the first 5 submissions in the post will be counted. Please vote for exactly 5 entries.
  • Voting for your own entry is permitted but heavily frowned upon. 
  • Keep all your votes in one post; don’t split your votes among multiple posts. 

If you must change your votes, state you are changing them at the beginning of a new post, then post your full list of votes again directly below your statement using one of the formats above in that same post. I don’t need to know which votes specifically have changed, just that you’ve changed your votes and what the latest revision of your votes is. Avoid doing this more than once if possible, as too many changes will make counting the votes confusing. 

You will have until shortly after the judges finish deliberating to cast your Fan Favourite vote. A 24 hour warning will be given before the voting period for the Fan Favourite closes. I can't say for sure exactly when this will happen, but it is most likely going to be some time in July.

Thanks all and GO VOTE!!

This year was a lot of fun for AIM! can't wait to hear the results!!!

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-06-26 22:07:44

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-06-26 23:43:20

#1 @Spadezer

#2 @Codefreq

#3 @NahuPyrope

#4 @Trackers

#5 @EvilRaccoon

Honorable mentions: @wobwobrob (1st sub) @Mikaiah (1st sub) @Theepicosity @IndexatioN (1st sub) @Quebi

To stand out or to be left out?

BBS Signature

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-06-27 05:32:07

BBS Signature

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-06-29 07:27:30

Honorable Mentions (in no particular order): @Quebi, @Zechnition, @xZiriusX, @TebyTheCat

I had an internal fight choosing between my #1 and #2 choice. Argh, who am I kidding? I had a tough time being forced to order them. Everyone did such an amazing job! Thanks to this competition, I have found many composers of music and art I probably wouldn't' have discovered otherwise.

With the power I have bestowed within me, I give you full hearted and honest opinion!

~Grimagin

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-07-08 02:45:13

iu_688954_5728757.gif

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-07-12 00:05:46

Finally I got to finish listening to it all!

#1 @TeffyD

#2 @wobwobrob

#3 @xZiriusX

#4 @Junesdale

#5 @Trackers

And my honorable mentions goes to @Everratic, @Codefreq and @JinZ which almost made the top 5 cut for me this year

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-07-12 10:06:20

At 7/12/22 12:05 AM, TebyTheCat wrote: Finally I got to finish listening to it all!

#2 @wobwobrob
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1126039

That's so kind, thank you 💙

https://linktr.ee/wobwobrob

Game Audio Designer based in UK

BBS Signature

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-07-16 07:35:26

Here is my Top 5!

#1 AIM - Sprawl

#2 AIM - Skypunks

#3 AIM - Charon

#4 The Amalgamate [AIM 2022]

#5 AIM 2022 - downstroke exercise

There are a lot of songs I loved that didn't make the list. Too many great songs this year.

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-07-16 09:05:48

This is only my second year competing but holy smokes what a great year! Some seriously incredible submissions from everyone here!

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-07-16 18:49:49

Lotta really good ones, too hard to choose

EJECTO SEATO CUZ

BBS Signature

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-07-18 17:11:13

I only looked at the 1st page of the playlist because I'm lazy, so for anyone who's thinking of doing the same, do the 2nd page instead to even things out :P

It was tough to do this, and I hate picking favorites, but everyone else's stuff was great as well so don't let my or anyone else's choices get in the way of feeling proud of your entries B)

Okay cya lool

BBS Signature

Well this was difficult, but I have a top 5

#1 @masterakuma99

#2 @NahuPyrope

#3 @CorruptModule

#4 @arbelamram

#5 @EvilRaccoon

and I had a favorites list of ten songs to try and narrow down from so there's definitely some honorable mentions.

Between @fSYNCLIPSE with their song Boundary Beyond as well as @Azurenite with their song Storytellers Tale were some of my favorite interpretations of their art pieces. fSYNCLIPSE had a nice emotional take on theirs while I really was drawn into Azurenite's very unique and authentic take on theirs

@DigitalProdigy was a very moving piece with their song Tragedy. The amount of emotional impact alone wanted me to put them in the top 5 originally.

And @AlbeGian with Charon along with @Everratic with their song Lowlands Scrapyard had some really good world building type of work that worked well with the art pieces they chose.

Thanks to you all for making this difficult for me with your skills, talents, and interpretations. And also thanks to the judges for going through these songs and giving a rating. I appreciate your work

DM me if you want a review!

BBS Signature

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-07-20 14:51:01

Welp, after several hrs and over several days of listening to every single AIM 2022 entry, and giving each one a lot of thought, I've compiled the list of my top 5, and some runners-up. :) It was exhaustive, but worth it...and TBH I don't like picking and choosing favorites, and this is biased to my tastes--however, everyone here or whom participated is a winner to me, and should be proud of their hard work. :D

My Fan-Favorites:

Runners-Up:

Good luck to everyone in the contest. ^_^ If I haven't already, I will endeavor to go through all the songs and comment and rate them, to the best of my ability. I'll also post up a full list of the songs I really liked from AIM 2022, on my personal threads. <3

Music. Art. Writing. Love.

BBS Signature

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-07-20 16:46:39

Extremly difficult to order out a top-5 for this year, but after some thought and strictly going with what I personally enjoyed listening to as opposed to going 'judge mode', I'm voting for these five in order:

1 - @AlbeGian

2 - @Everratic

3 - @JinZ

4 - @CorruptModule

5 - @ChordsInMotion

| Multi-Genre Composer, Main Preferences Are Atmosphere Crafting & Technical Detailing/Palettes | Audio Portal Moderator |

| FREE Audio Resources List For Composers | NG Audio Pub Discord | NG Audio Iceberg Challenge | Follow These Legends! |

BBS Signature

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-07-21 01:14:47

Fan voting was much harder this year, so good job to everyone! (; - ;) When deciding the order, I took into account a combination of personal preference, how objectively good they are, and how much they fit their art.

#1 sound design & atmosphere are cinematic tier

#2 very emotionally powerful

#3 perfect connection to art + fun sound design

#4 the progression is the best part

#5 smooth

with honorable mention going to AIM - Battle of Ships

I created a shortlist that somewhat ranks all the pieces I liked, as 5 spaces isn't quite enough to show all the people who made something awesome.

hi!

BBS Signature

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-07-24 01:19:11

We are getting down to the wire, so I'm going to call it now: you have 24 hours left to submit your Fan Favourite votes! Get them in if you haven't already.

Enter your signature text...

Just kidding.

Response to AIM 2022 Fan Voting Thread 2022-07-25 01:20:05

The Fan Favourite vote has now officially closed! Thank you to all who voted. Stay tuned for the AIM 2022 results! ;)