00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Comfort Games

1,365 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Comfort Games 2022-06-20 15:11:56

I’m not sure if this topic has been done before, but I’ve been playing a lot of Skyrim lately. This is always my go to game that I come back around to when I feel like other games are letting me down.

Another is the Mass Effect series because only the ending lets me down. What are some of your comfort games? Why?

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-21 03:25:06

Super Metroid has a chilling atmosphere.

I always found it relaxing to play, until i get to the bosses of course. They get spoopy.

Despite it being hoarded with monsters, i would want my ass on Zebes and just sit there, chill.

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-21 11:33:33

I guess....maybe Sonic Adventure 2? It's a fun little game that I can chip away at when bored, so I'll go with that

Currently playing: Pokemon Black, Shadow the Hedgehog, Ace Attorney 3

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-21 23:59:52

I love going back and replaying GTA IV, Sleeping Dogs, and Papers, Please.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-22 00:08:50

At 6/21/22 11:59 PM, Atlas wrote: I love going back and replaying GTA IV, Sleeping Dogs, and Papers, Please.

GTA4 is the only GTA I’ve never gotten to play in my life and apparently it’s the favorite of the series. It came out at a weird time in my life and I didn’t get to play. For whatever reason they don’t want to put it on the PS store for me to buy either.

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-22 00:13:31

At 6/22/22 12:08 AM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: GTA4 is the only GTA I’ve never gotten to play in my life and apparently it’s the favorite of the series. It came out at a weird time in my life and I didn’t get to play. For whatever reason they don’t want to put it on the PS store for me to buy either.

It's definitely my favorite, the driving and graphics haven't aged well, but you really do feel like you're in New York when you're playing. That sucks that it's not on the PS Store but in this day and age a halfway decent computer may be able to run it.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-22 10:05:39

Monster's Den series, DOOMRL, MOM and .... Moraff's World of cose.

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-23 00:02:35

For me, it'd have to be Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.

There's just something so relaxing about practicing my combos in free skate-mode.

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-23 02:38:05

RuneScape and the Tony Hawk Pro Skater series are my most played games. For THPS it's primarily Underground 2 (THUG Pro mod) and American Wasteland. I've easily put in thousands of hours in both games and I've played enough that I don't have to think about it at all so I can turn it on and completely turn off my brain.

I've also sunk in hundreds of days of playtime (220~ days of total playtime since 2006) in RS2/RS3 and OSRS. I quit playing often and for long periods of time but I always come back.

Tetris is another one, but I haven't been into it quite as long (5~ years vs 15+ yrs). I don't have to think about it at all and it's a fantastic game to play when you want to focus on listening to something but you want to keep your mind and eyes busy.

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-23 07:10:36

The GTA games have been my go to comfort games since at least GTA IV, but very much solidified in GTA V.

For IV, I'd grab a completion save, mod in a 1st person view. GTA V I had to beat on my own, but in either case, afterwards I'd just...walk da earth.

iu_674926_9770022.gif

In both games, I just...wander around. Just get out the house and wander. Didn't matter where. Both games were big enough that I'd always eventually stumble on someplace I didn't know about before. VI was less accommodating on the vehicle side of things, what with it's much crappier traffic AI and all-urban terrain. But V...man I've clocked in...well, let's check out Steam...

Over 300 hours. Only game on steam I've played more of is Left 4 Dead 2.*

Only a paltry sum of that was actually 'playing' the game. I'd spend hours, walking, driving, doing nothing but just...being in the game. Turns out there's actually very very few games where you can do that. Where just being in the game world is a satisfying experience. I couldn't even do that in Skyrim...and I put over 500 hours in that sucker, it just don't show on steam cause I used a cracked version.

COMMISSIONS OPEN! Support me at PATREON, SUBSCRIBESTAR or donate at my KO-FI

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-23 23:52:40

Metroid Prime, Zelda OOT/Majora's Mask, Left 4 Dead, Silent Hill 1-3

These are a few that come to mind. I'm partial to the nostalgia that playing these games brings, and I usually revisit them multiple times throughout the year whether it be for fun or to decompress.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-23 23:57:44

• Sonic Classic Trilogy
  • Kirby Superstar
  • Sonic Adventure
  • Sonic Unleashed

They're so just-

Just aaaa-

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-24 00:50:47

When I had my Rage Game phase, whenever I got too heated and started slamming my desk or throwing my headphones I would boot up Floating point, simple swinging physics game that was very calming.

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-24 01:40:09

Possibly the Scott Pilgrim game, thought it was more of a completionist thing for me.

Thought, this goes for alot of games so I may return from time to time. To try them again with my knowledge and understanding of the mechanics of the game.

R is for Randomness

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-24 01:41:42

At 6/20/22 03:11 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: I’m not sure if this topic has been done before, but I’ve been playing a lot of Skyrim lately. This is always my go to game that I come back around to when I feel like other games are letting me down.

Another is the Mass Effect series because only the ending lets me down. What are some of your comfort games? Why?

I always return to Half-Life 2, its a favorite of mine!

yo

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-24 12:42:00 (edited 2022-06-24 12:42:07)

At 6/24/22 01:40 AM, SOUP101 wrote: Possibly the Scott Pilgrim game, thought it was more of a completionist thing for me.
Thought, this goes for alot of games so I may return from time to time. To try them again with my knowledge and understanding of the mechanics of the game.

For a few years that game was impossible to buy, you know of anywhere I could grab a copy? I used to have it on my old 360 that broke some time ago.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-24 14:56:22

Any of the Yo-Kai Watch games

Reading this gives you infinite luck. You'e welcome.

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-24 14:57:55

At 6/20/22 03:11 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: I’m not sure if this topic has been done before, but I’ve been playing a lot of Skyrim lately. This is always my go to game that I come back around to when I feel like other games are letting me down.

Hmmm Halo Or Mine Craft There Both Great Games

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-24 15:10:33

Oh this is a good one, My confort games are Sky: children of the light and Kirby Star allies!

Sky becaue its just relaxing, and the comunity really chill

And Kirby S.A. i like replaing it becuase i LOVE the music, and since its a relatively easy game i dont get frustuated by dying over and over again (and the hella ton of character are really fun to play to!)

Frye sploon :)

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-24 15:37:17 (edited 2022-06-24 15:38:06)

I haven’t been taking care of myself as much as I need to recently, so this is just all that I can remember right now.

Lichtspeer would have to be my number one. Some people find it a frustrating game, but the game, at least in normal mode (not rage quit mode), actually hits the right balance for me. It’s not smooth sailing by any definition, but it’s just barely easy enough that I can make progress through it at a steady rate, even though I’ve died at least 200 times. I always laugh when I die because of the sheer absurdity that leads up to it - not only are the numbers of enemies absurd, but the enemies themselves are absurd. What other game kills you with a Hipster Ice Giant or a Skater Walrus, and then praises you in terrible fake German when you survive?

Because of the difficulty balance and the silliness factor of the game, generally it allows me to occupy my mind fully and basically give it a reset, while still having a fun experience.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-24 18:22:12

One Step from Eden is one of them for me, either that or metroidvanias

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-24 18:29:47

If i'm being honest. I only have two. My first one is osu cause i can stay focused for a long time and not worry about irl issues and block out noise. My second one is hearts of iron IV because it helps me cool down and helps me have fun.

- Dr. Portal

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-24 18:30:29

At 6/21/22 11:59 PM, Atlas wrote: I love going back and replaying GTA IV, Sleeping Dogs, and Papers, Please.

Ah! Papers please is fun. However it just isnt my type of comfort game.

- Dr. Portal

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-24 19:01:11

This thread really blew up with some awesome games! I’ve spent some time looking these up and they all seem like something I would be willing to try.

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-24 19:11:45

I can pop in any of the Atlier games and I’m a happy man. The art is absolutely beautiful and they’re so smoothly animated. I enjoy almost all of the characters as well as the fun costume design, the stories are my kind of weird, and I enjoy the puzzle aspect of creating my own items.

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-24 19:45:00

Binding of Isaac. I don't play it as much anymore, but it makes me relaxed (most of the time).

(doc·tor pack)

"Nixon had powers including, but not limited to: telekinesis, super speed, superhuman strength, invisibility, and mind control."

Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-24 19:47:16

De Blob

Banner by @MigMoog

BBS Signature

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-27 20:56:28

Chibi-Robo for the gamecube! One of my favorite games ever. And Sims 1 on PC, I love its soundtrack and all the funny sounds

Response to Comfort Games 2022-06-28 10:19:23

no one talking about minecraft exept the guy that made a typo

is that a win?

yeah, I have a broken english and I dont give a fk

Response to Comfort Games 2022-07-17 18:18:44 (edited 2022-07-17 18:20:43)

In that case, Sonic 1 or at least that's one of my go-to's when I just want to play a game. Other times it's Pac-Man championship edition DX, Smash Bros., or even Halo.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO SCOOOOOOOOOPPPPPEEEE!!!!!!

BBS Signature