00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What are some tips for writing a character's "voice"

427 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What are some tips for writing a character's "voice"? I've had this one character that I've always wanted to incorporate into my story (Videos take time to make, only now am I in a position to include him), I can't seem to write from his perspective, how would you do it?

I don't really understand what you mean

Those are my 2 cents, anyway!

At 4/24/22 08:53 PM, ArGxITA wrote: I don't really understand what you mean

I just realized that this post would make more sense in the voice acting forum, whoops!

but, generally when writing for a loony, crazy and chaotic character, how would you paste your thoughts into words into voice lines?

At 4/25/22 03:46 AM, ColonelYuri wrote:
I just realized that this post would make more sense in the voice acting forum, whoops!
but, generally when writing for a loony, crazy and chaotic character, how would you paste your thoughts into words into voice lines?

Feel kind of lazy doing this, but i saw this video of Mark Hamill talking about voice acting and how he figured out how to make Joker's voice. He sounds so loving about his work, maybe it could help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snFXyWzRRrA

Those are my 2 cents, anyway!

At 4/25/22 04:26 AM, ArGxITA wrote:
At 4/25/22 03:46 AM, ColonelYuri wrote:
Feel kind of lazy doing this, but i saw this video of Mark Hamill talking about voice acting and how he figured out how to make Joker's voice. He sounds so loving about his work, maybe it could help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snFXyWzRRrA

thanks