00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

0llybros just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for a horror writter!

1,192 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for a horror writter! 2022-01-17 13:06:44

So, i want to make a point and click style horror game with the theme of 90s obscure games. I'd prefer to avoid jumpscares and gore and focus on the eerie and uncanny. I can do the graphics, code and music, but writing is my weak point, so i'm asking you to help me write one of the scariest stories.

Please contact me if interested.

Internet at your fingertips!🌐

Response to Looking for a horror writter! 2022-03-21 23:27:44

What sort of genre would you like your game to be? Is it inspired by slasher movies (like Friday the 13th) or is it psychological (like Silent Hill)? I want details!

At 3/21/22 11:27 PM, AcidPhosphorus wrote: What sort of genre would you like your game to be? Is it inspired by slasher movies (like Friday the 13th) or is it psychological (like Silent Hill)? I want details!

Ah, i forgot about this post, haha

Anyways, i think the game would be more into the psychological.

At 1/17/22 01:06 PM, CtrlAltShift wrote: So, i want to make a point and click style horror game with the theme of 90s obscure games. I'd prefer to avoid jumpscares and gore and focus on the eerie and uncanny. I can do the graphics, code and music, but writing is my weak point, so i'm asking you to help me write one of the scariest stories.

I'm a horror screenwriter but I've never written for games before. If you can tell me a little more about it, I might be interested in bartering with you.

Response to Looking for a horror writter! 2022-05-01 20:45:09

I'm interested! 90's and point and click horror sounds fun to work on!

Those are my 2 cents, anyway!

Response to Looking for a horror writter! 2022-05-05 15:18:02

At 5/1/22 04:00 PM, FallForwardEnt wrote:
At 1/17/22 01:06 PM, CtrlAltShift wrote: So, i want to make a point and click style horror game with the theme of 90s obscure games. I'd prefer to avoid jumpscares and gore and focus on the eerie and uncanny. I can do the graphics, code and music, but writing is my weak point, so i'm asking you to help me write one of the scariest stories.
I'm a horror screenwriter but I've never written for games before. If you can tell me a little more about it, I might be interested in bartering with you.

Oh I'm glad you're interested! So, I have a little idea for the plot: Let's say we have a children's game, but the further we progress in the game, the more we notice that the creator of the game is in fact crazy and his moral messages that he wanted to pass on to children are questionnable. I kinda want to make the game as uncomfortable as possible but at the same time slighty nostalgic.

Response to Looking for a horror writter! 2022-05-05 19:40:22

At 5/5/22 03:18 PM, CtrlAltShift wrote:
At 5/1/22 04:00 PM, FallForwardEnt wrote:
Oh I'm glad you're interested! So, I have a little idea for the plot: Let's say we have a children's game, but the further we progress in the game, the more we notice that the creator of the game is in fact crazy and his moral messages that he wanted to pass on to children are questionnable. I kinda want to make the game as uncomfortable as possible but at the same time slighty nostalgic.

Do you have anything written so far? Do you have any of the visuals? Do you have samples of any of the visuals?

Response to Looking for a horror writter! 2022-05-09 15:00:57

We have a couple horror game devs in the Horrorverse Fan Club in Clubs & Crews, if you're still looking for people to help!

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature