00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BoxMaterial just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

what is opt out of any awards?

451 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

what is opt out of any awards? 2022-01-10 09:12:20

i see this often in the illwillpress content and i just have no clue, searched for the tick box just out of curiosity but could not find it

you ever just meet someone that smells like blue paint but is actually covered in green paint?

Response to what is opt out of any awards? 2022-01-10 10:27:47

At 1/10/22 09:12 AM, PokeHeadroom wrote: i see this often in the illwillpress content and i just have no clue, searched for the tick box just out of curiosity but could not find it

It's a checkbox at the bottom of the Project Details form. The intended use is for content that might upset people if it won an award, such as re-uploads of old material and horny-bait. For example if someone uploads an animation of a shaking butt and it wins a daily award, people get super upset, so it's ideal if entries like that opt out of awards.

iu_521001_1.png

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to what is opt out of any awards? 2022-01-10 14:19:58

At 1/10/22 10:27 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/10/22 09:12 AM, PokeHeadroom wrote: i see this often in the illwillpress content and i just have no clue, searched for the tick box just out of curiosity but could not find it
It's a checkbox at the bottom of the Project Details form. The intended use is for content that might upset people if it won an award, such as re-uploads of old material and horny-bait. For example if someone uploads an animation of a shaking butt and it wins a daily award, people get super upset, so it's ideal if entries like that opt out of awards.

thank u

you ever just meet someone that smells like blue paint but is actually covered in green paint?

Response to what is opt out of any awards? 2022-01-11 00:03:05

At 1/10/22 10:27 AM, TomFulp wrote:

You highly underestimate the populus. People would celebrate for a shaking butt being given a daily award.

Your (former) resident furfag on NG!

"SHAMWOW IS NOT OXYCLEAN, A DOG IS NOT A BROTHER. HOW DARE YOU SHRUG CLYDE'S LOSS OFF SO EASILY." ~ Billy Mays

BBS Signature

At 1/11/22 12:03 AM, RefurbishedGraywulf wrote: You highly underestimate the populus. People would celebrate for a shaking butt being given a daily award.

If you frequent the P-Bot posts or review sections on submissions that managed to get there that way you'd know such is not really the case. ;) People do love the type of content, but at least there is definitely a vocal minority that doesn't like when it gets additional spotlight...

I believe the checkbox was added particularly because some particular authors were starting to get a lot of hate for such things.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature