00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Contest: Abobo's Big Adventure - 10 Year Anniversary

27,759 Views | 122 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Question :

How to pay the price if contestants outside USA / Europe. (Some countries that Paypal provided will not support payout or send money for individual account anymore)

i have uploaded mine! i hope you like it!

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓲𝓼𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓯 𝓟𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷

BBS Signature

At 1/16/22 05:52 AM, BBible wrote: Question :
How to pay the price if contestants outside USA / Europe. (Some countries that Paypal provided will not support payout or send money for individual account anymore)

I think payouts will have to be through PayPal.

Are we allowed to upload our art once it's finished or is that against the rules?

At 1/16/22 09:51 PM, ThePaintHuffer wrote: Are we allowed to upload our art once it's finished or is that against the rules?

Yes you need to upload it in order to enter the contest.

iu_528166_8016576.webp

See my profile page for link to showroom

BBS Signature

At 1/19/22 01:56 AM, PerKGrok wrote:

He looks fucking badass

you ever just meet someone that smells like blue paint but is actually covered in green paint?

Felt it was okay to share this piece, hope it doesn't come off as shilling

Crazy to think it's been 10 years since Abobo, I think I was still in primary school when it was released.

I make music and art sometimes.

Did @Pox donate the Domo kun plush or did @poxpower donate it?

At 1/30/22 06:44 PM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: Did @Pox donate the Domo kun plush or did @poxpower donate it?

@poxpower did, I messed up in one of my references. Good catch!

"Hey, my artist / creator (TeKen_Nation) wanted me to link this piece of art onto the thread. This Abobo, dude; damn, he scary. Anyway... enjoy!~"

-M.V.P.

IT'S SO BAD!!! | 10th Anniversary of Abobo's Big Adventure by TeKenNation on Newgrounds

Business down below:

Office hours: 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM PST

Assassination Department: DM for "MVP" / For Artist Department: DM for "TeKen_Nation"

yeah so awesome i like it a lot abobo coin haha yez

I don't care (But still want to watch the contest)

I'm watching the live stream right now! Really very entertaining and it's still a fantastic game! I'm also intrigued by the arcade cabinet in the background. I've always wanted to build something like this. Anyway, Happy Birthday Abobo!!

At 2/1/22 12:41 AM, Wiesi wrote: I'm watching the live stream right now! Really very entertaining and it's still a fantastic game! I'm also intrigued by the arcade cabinet in the background. I've always wanted to build something like this. Anyway, Happy Birthday Abobo!!

Nice, it was a ton of fun to reunite the team after all these years. The arcade cabinet was quite the project, luckily I had some woodworking friends who were able to bring it all together (and Jeff's art was half the impact ofc).

Nostalgia to my heart

Quantum

Here's my submission!

This game will always be one of the greats. Glad to see it gettin love again.

Working on this for sure, loved this game back then. Still one of the best games to ever grace the site!

(doc·tor pack)

"Nixon had powers including, but not limited to: telekinesis, super speed, superhuman strength, invisibility, and mind control."

Youtube

BBS Signature

Abobo's Big Documentary just dropped! Don't miss it!

Hope you enjoy!

Finished my art earlier today!

(doc·tor pack)

"Nixon had powers including, but not limited to: telekinesis, super speed, superhuman strength, invisibility, and mind control."

Youtube

BBS Signature

Heres my contribution

the amazon is just so menacing lookin

iu_546546_7421474.webp

you ever just meet someone that smells like blue paint but is actually covered in green paint?

At 1/9/22 08:05 PM, BoMToons wrote:
This Tuesday, January 11th 2022 marks the 10 year anniversary of the release of Abobo's Big Adventure!

ABA was made by three incredibly smart, hilarious, good looking, and outrageously buff guys who met on Newgrounds: @mockery, @poxpower, and @bomtoons. Their efforts brought to life and gave a background and history to one of the most overlooked and underrated NES characters... ABOBO! (@abobo)

We want to celebrate the biggest, most outrageous, tribute to the Nintendo Entertainment System in history with a few things:

(1) Abobo's Big Adventure developer livestream playthrough and commentary! Mockey, Pox, and BoM will be getting together for the FIRST TIME EVER to play through ABA and talk about the development, history, process, and aftermath behind the game. We'd love to have you tune in live this Tuesday, Jan 11th at 5pm PST to ask us live questions and overall get a big party going as we wax doubly nostalgic about the NES and our tribute to it. This stream is made possible by the generous support of @Noodle and his YouTube channel 2 Left Thumbs.

(2) We are also celebrating by kicking off an Abobo art contest with cash (and other) prizes here on Newgrounds! The theme of the contest is "Memorable Moments From Abobo's Big Adventure."

The Contest:

a

This Tuesday, January 11th 2022 marks the 10 year anniversary of the release of Abobo's Big Adventure!

ABA was made by three incredibly smart, hilarious, good looking, and outrageously buff guys who met on Newgrounds: @mockery, @poxpower, and @bomtoons. Their efforts brought to life and gave a background and history to one of the most overlooked and underrated NES characters... ABOBO! (@abobo)

We want to celebrate the biggest, most outrageous, tribute to the Nintendo Entertainment System in history with a few things:

(1) Abobo's Big Adventure developer livestream playthrough and commentary! Mockey, Pox, and BoM will be getting together for the FIRST TIME EVER to play through ABA and talk about the development, history, process, and aftermath behind the game. We'd love to have you tune in live this Tuesday, Jan 11th at 5pm PST to ask us live questions and overall get a big party going as we wax doubly nostalgic about the NES and our tribute to it. This stream is made possible by the generous support of @Noodle and his YouTube channel 2 Left Thumbs.

(2) We are also celebrating by kicking off an Abobo art contest with cash (and other) prizes here on Newgrounds! The theme of the contest is "Memorable Moments From Abobo's Big Adventure."

The Contest:

I recently played Abobo's Big Adventure for the first time a week ago, and i must say i really quite enjoyed it despite i was born after the NES Generation. I might as-well made an entry for this Art Contest just for you guys.

The Contest:

I played this game so long ago xD but had lots of fun with it :D

here´s my entry for the contest hope you like :)

At 2/10/22 09:39 AM, MMFan2004 wrote:

The Contest:

Other rules:

PRIZES:
Rog, Pox, and BoM will work together to judge our favorite entries.

The top 3 winners will also receive an "Abobo Coin" (an ultra-rare collector's item from the times we exhibited the game at Comic Con - I only have 3 left). [Add-on prizes pictured in the comments]

If anyone else wants to donate to the prize pool, please PM @BoMToons with details and I'll update the above prize numbers and/or expand the winner range (and credit you).

Useful info:

Any questions?
Please let us know! We look forward to seeing which moments you'll pull out of the zany, random, fever dream that is Abobo's Big Adventure!
I recently played Abobo's Big Adventure for the first time a week ago, and i must say i really quite enjoyed it despite i was born after the NES Generation. I might as-well made an entry for this Art Contest just for you guys.

Alright. It's done.

At 1/10/22 07:04 AM, picolocity366 wrote:

The Contest:

Other rules:

PRIZES:
Rog, Pox, and BoM will work together to judge our favorite entries.

The top 3 winners will also receive an "Abobo Coin" (an ultra-rare collector's item from the times we exhibited the game at Comic Con - I only have 3 left). [Add-on prizes pictured in the comments]

If anyone else wants to donate to the prize pool, please PM @BoMToons with details and I'll update the above prize numbers and/or expand the winner range (and credit you).

Useful info:

Any questions?
Please let us know! We look forward to seeing which moments you'll pull out of the zany, random, fever dream that is Abobo's Big Adventure!
It's so BAD!

Abobo never dies

Really enjoying how great a lot of this art is looking; grateful to be able to see this kinda of stuff on a daily basis

At 1/9/22 09:54 PM, KinsaugTheDoge wrote:
At 1/9/22 09:04 PM, BoMToons wrote:
At 1/9/22 09:02 PM, Stepford wrote: I can't wait to see all the delicious entries this will get! Best of luck, everyone.
Thank you! I'm equally chuffed to see what people pull out... there's a lot of potential material in there...
⡀⠁⠀⠀⠀⡀⢂⠡⠈⡔⣕⢮⣳⢯⣿⣻⣟⣯⣯⢷⣫⣆⡂⠀⠀⢐⠑⡌
⢀⠠⠐⠈⠀ ⢀⢂⠢⡂⠕⡁⣝⢮⣳⢽⡽⣾⣻⣿⣯⡯⣟⣞⢾⢜⢆⠀⡀⠀⠪
⣬⠂⠀⠀⢀⢂⢪⠨⢂⠥⣺⡪⣗⢗⣽⢽⡯⣿⣽⣷⢿⡽⡾⡽⣝ ⢎⠀⠀⠀⢡
⣿⠀⠀⠀⢂⠢⢂⢥⢱⡹⣪⢞⡵⣻⡪⡯⡯⣟⡾⣿⣻⡽⣯⡻⣪⠧⠑⠀⠁⢐
⣿⠀⠀⠀⠢⢑⠠⠑⠕⡝⡎⡗⡝⡎⣞ ⢽⡹⣕⢯⢻⠹⡹⢚⠝⡷⡽⡨⠀⠀⢔
⣿⡯⠀⢈⠈⢄⠂⠂⠐⠀⠌⠠⢑⠱⡱⡱⡑⢔⠁⠀⡀⠐⠐⠐⡡⡹⣪⠀⠀⢘
⣿⣽⠀⡀⡊ ⠀⠐⠨⠈⡁⠂⢈⠠⡱⡽⣷⡑⠁⠠⠑⠀⢉⢇⣤⢘⣪⢽⠀⢌⢎
⣿⢾⠀⢌⠌⠀⡁⠢⠂⠐⡀⠀⢀⢳⢽⣽⡺⣨⢄⣑⢉⢃⢭⡲⣕ ⡭⣹⠠⢐⢗
⣿⡗⠀⠢⠡⡱⡸⣔⢵⢱⢸⠈⠀⡪⣳⣳⢹⢜⡵⣱⢱⡱⣳⡹⣵⣻⢔⢅⢬⡷
⣷⡇⡂⠡⡑⢕⢕⠕⡑⠡⢂⢊⢐⢕⡝ ⡮⡧⡳⣝⢴⡐⣁⠃⡫⡒⣕⢏⡮⣷⡟
⣷⣻⣅⠑⢌⠢⠁⢐⠠⠑⡐⠐⠌⡪⠮⡫⠪⡪⡪⣺⢸⠰⠡⠠⠐⢱⠨⡪⡪⡰
⣯⢷⣟⣇⡂ ⡂⡌⡀⠀⠁⡂⠅⠂⠀⡑⡄⢇⠇⢝⡨⡠⡁⢐⠠⢀⢪⡐⡜⡪⡊