00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

-Skate Flash Club-

486,501 Views | 12,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-03 16:25:25

to be honest i found the controls a bit dodge i found it hard to ollie then do tricks, and you felt really trapped on the small screen, but the code is good and it works well so keep it up.

Preview USV4

** The audio is not quite right, it will be fixed**

lilcheeselad says: You can't blame EyeLovePoozy for being a douche, he can't help it.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-03 16:38:56

At 1/3/07 04:25 PM, cronic-22 wrote: to be honest i found the controls a bit dodge i found it hard to ollie then do tricks, and you felt really trapped on the small screen, but the code is good and it works well so keep it up.

Preview USV4

Still looks ace.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-03 17:56:30

At 1/3/07 04:25 PM, cronic-22 wrote: to be honest i found the controls a bit dodge i found it hard to ollie then do tricks, and you felt really trapped on the small screen, but the code is good and it works well so keep it up.

Preview USV4

It was all well done until the skitch section. The cars look very bad, and the actionscript could use a lot of touching up. The loops are annoying, but you've already said they would get fixed. This could be a promosing peice of work, but you have to touch it up alot.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-04 02:10:34

At 1/3/07 04:04 PM, Jestar wrote:
and the people,
Don't agree; not enough detail.

(look down for link)

Overall, on this ltitle game of yours... i'd say... 7.5/10.

Thanks ;D

I know you can improve this shit man, add a couple more tricks and make some of the shit a little smoother, controls a bit different even.

+More tricks
-controls

UPDATEBITCH
Same Controls As Before
In case you dont remember..

A = Move Left
D = Move Right
W = Ollie
Space = Nollie Stance
(While In MidAir)
Space = Boned Ollie
Left = Kickflip
Down = Shovit
Left+Down/Down+Left = 360 Flip

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-04 12:27:25

At 1/4/07 02:10 AM, Night-Mare wrote:
At 1/3/07 04:04 PM, Jestar wrote:
UPDATEBITCH
Same Controls As Before
In case you dont remember..

A = Move Left
D = Move Right
W = Ollie
Space = Nollie Stance
(While In MidAir)
Space = Boned Ollie
Left = Kickflip
Down = Shovit
Left+Down/Down+Left = 360 Flip

You should put move left - left, move right - right, ollie - up, I think that would make the controls a little bit easier, well at least for me anyway :\

A thing I noticed is if you bone ollie the set but keep holding the space button down, he never actually hits the ground and continues to do bone ollies while floating in mid air

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-04 14:44:22

Preview USV4

Dude, really good beginning.

Click my profile for lots and lots of shit.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-04 15:33:37

So, yeah iv got the grips for my improvments

a little extra detail in the intro, like litter more pedestrians ect.

Fixing the intro

and improving the graphics on the skitch game and slightly improved AS, i can do those, i want to get the start pefect before i move onto the next scene.

btw bake i saw your "almost" skate movie its pretty sick, all i would say is the v-cam is trigger happy which means you can see the tricks as much as i would like.

lilcheeselad says: You can't blame EyeLovePoozy for being a douche, he can't help it.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-05 04:19:59

^^ Ah sue the bastards... Oh and cronic thats one awesome game, the cars look a little weird but at least theres a story! And I really liked the menu =D

Shrug Island - A hand drawn musical adventure game <3

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-05 13:57:54

At 1/4/07 12:27 PM, vlad1950 wrote: You should put move left - left, move right - right, ollie - up, I think that would make the controls a little bit easier, well at least for me anyway :\

I actually find it easier the way it is.. and also I cant be fucked changing it.

A thing I noticed is if you bone ollie the set but keep holding the space button down, he never actually hits the ground and continues to do bone ollies while floating in mid air

I'll get right to fixing that, thanks for pointing that out.

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-05 15:04:56

At 1/4/07 06:59 PM, mraw wrote:

Jester did you make this? link

Nope.

It looks a hell of a lot like your style and even says "jester" on one of the halfpipes. How come your not credited?

No idea.
It's an amazing flash though, so I faved & reviewed :D

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-06 17:23:37

yeah the flash is pretty good, although as you know im more into realsum then anything.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-07 08:04:04

At 1/6/07 05:23 PM, cronic-22 wrote: yeah the flash is pretty good, although as you know im more into realsum then anything.

Same here. ;D

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-07 16:46:52

hey guys!
remember me?
sorry i havent posted for ages, long story..
anyways, im making an animation and i would like to post it here before i post it onto newgrounds to see what u guys think!
its about myself and my friend who skate together and stuff and i want to get sponsored. and itll be in like parts (like a series) and i might become pro in it, i dno.. (depends if i can be bothered to do it all)
anyways.. im not done wid the first bit yet but if you want to comment on it then ill post a link to it or something soon.
thanks guys, please reply if you dont mind having a look at it ect.
thanks again!
Jord
P.S. keep up the good work!

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-07 17:16:29

holly crap long time no see! i would love to see if you have progressed with you flash if i remeber you had potential!

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-07 20:30:24

At 1/7/07 04:21 PM, mraw wrote: i made this for that animator weekly thing, i suppose you could call it a skate flash
link

Like it verymuch.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-07 20:40:56

New animation:
-=| Oompa Loompa |=- .
Watch&vote&review.
<3Jestar :]

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-08 09:03:03

At 1/7/07 05:16 PM, cronic-22 wrote: holly crap long time no see! i would love to see if you have progressed with you flash if i remeber you had potential!

lol, thanks dude! i dnt think its tht good tho..
anyways ive watched all ur animations (the skate ones anyway) and i looooove em! especially ultimate skate video 3! make more!!
anyways, ill post up the link to it (probably to putfile.com) soon!
thanks,
jord

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-08 12:34:16

hey all, heres my flash so far.. i havent finished it (obviously) but i wanna show it to you lot so far so you can comment on it and constructively critisize if you want too!
heres the link:
<A>http://media.putfile.com/sponsored<A>
cheers!
jord

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-08 17:18:52

im likin the flash so far angz, one problem... the song, it just doesnt suit maybe the bit were he wakes up cuase its all chilled and stuff but when hes skating something more hardcore please. I assum you have already planned the whole story, i look forward to seeing the rest.

Its amazing people have been begging for a skate film with a story, and now two are being made at once (eithen though there weak stories lol)

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-09 10:33:07

It's pretty good, but as chronic said, the song doesn't fit. Why do the messages have to be written all wrong? yeah its a message, but still... :P What else, when he is skating, you can see the other board up there, and its wheels are spinning. And slow the animation down I couldn't really get any of the tricks he was doing. But anyway fix it up and all, i want to see the rest!

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-09 14:41:46

cool cool, thanks guys.
right..
Thanks for the comments guys, they're much appriciated.

Music- im going to change the song, i was going to change it anyways but i have to find one i think will fit well (any suggestions?)

Storyline - being a weak storyline maybe some ideas to make it a bit stronger?

Speed - thanks GFD ill change the speed of it to make them slower, i agree with you totally

Messaging Spellings - i was trying to make it more realistic but if you think it would be better to be spelt properly etc. then i will change that!

Spinning wheels - the wheels are a movie clip and i will break up the board so it wont spin anymore! thanks for noticing (i forgot)

i think thats all i need to reply to, ill note these problems down and fix them through all my homework. i hate homework.

anyways, ill post back the update soon and thanks again for the comments.
Cheers,
Jord

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-10 08:23:10

At 1/9/07 02:41 PM, Angz wrote: Messaging Spellings - i was trying to make it more realistic but if you think it would be better to be spelt properly etc. then i will change that!

No, it does realistic and all but theres just too much of it, "meet me owt to sk8 git ur bord" something like that i can't remember, thing is use that stuff but not too much...

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-10 16:49:46

I want fuckin reviews and shit on my flash. NAAAOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW.
k.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-10 18:06:43

i only just watched it very nicly done, is the water suppost to be in front of the land or is that a layer issue if not, it looks funny.

update on USV4

*imporved visulas on skitch game ( had to reduce it though cuase of lag)

** improved sounds (need to work on some fades at the end of skitch game(should be easy))

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-11 00:20:29

At 1/10/07 06:06 PM, cronic-22 wrote: update on USV4

I like.. You might want to make boundarys though..

At 1/10/07 06:06 PM, Jestar wrote: oompa Loompa

I liked.. It was randomly funny. in whichcase, gross.
But very entertaining
8/10

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-11 14:45:07

At 1/10/07 06:06 PM, cronic-22 wrote: i only just watched it very nicly done, is the water suppost to be in front of the land or is that a layer issue if not, it looks funny.

update on USV4

*imporved visulas on skitch game ( had to reduce it though cuase of lag)

** improved sounds (need to work on some fades at the end of skitch game(should be easy))

Its like a pit of water, that one might see on jackass for no apparent reason.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-12 09:58:22

Update on Sponsored:
http://media.putfile.com/Sponsored-97

please comment on this one.. i used loops so i hope they're okay.
thanks again.
jord

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-12 17:39:37

Mucho improved, but your skaters legs are constantly glued 2gether, so the flip tricks just look strange, at least make them bend there legs.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-14 08:30:56

At 1/12/07 05:39 PM, cronic-22 wrote: Mucho improved, but your skaters legs are constantly glued 2gether, so the flip tricks just look strange, at least make them bend there legs.

Yeah, the skate animation is a little choppy. It's like watching a stick figure from a men's bathroom sign skate. You know?
Idc if you know.

Just change it.
Lols.
I'm gay.
Jk.

Or am i.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2007-01-14 11:13:59

At 1/14/07 08:30 AM, Jestar wrote: Yeah, the skate animation is a little choppy. It's like watching a stick figure from a men's bathroom sign skate. You know?

I don't get it. ;D

I'm gay.
Jk.

Or am i.

Stop confusing me!

Anywho.. that animation is good exept the limbs need movement and maybe some facial expressions ;D

asdfg

BBS Signature