00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dialusional just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc.

1,796 Views | 73 Replies

If you haven’t heard, @Jack (Jack Dorsey) resigned from Twitter today. Shares are worth 45.78, closing at a loss of -1.29.

But honestly, how do you feel about it? In my opinion, I’m glad that dude left. He looks like a goddamn drifter, and he also banned my account >:(.

But in all seriousness, he’s made a ton of stupid things, and I think the company might be better off without it. Who knows, Tom might buy it out and dissolve it, just like Jack did with Vine.co. It’s the internet, you never know.

What’s your opinion? Are you glad he’s gone, or do you think the company will go belly up without him?

Postscript:

Also, Ironic tweet.

Your (former) resident furfag on NG!

"SHAMWOW IS NOT OXYCLEAN, A DOG IS NOT A BROTHER. HOW DARE YOU SHRUG CLYDE'S LOSS OFF SO EASILY." ~ Billy Mays

BBS Signature

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-29 18:32:17

Twitter is the least censored social media site right now. Despite the regular purges of conservative accounts, the fact is that places like Facebook will ban you instantly for half the stuff that goes on there. The best memes, the most recent and informative political news, and overall just a lot of good shit is going to be purged form the site under the new CEO judging by his Twitter. Most BirdApp users I know are not happy about this at all.

And then they halted trading on Twitter stock, so I couldn't even profit from the trading. I swear it's always when the little guys are getting in. Must have been the fourth time i've experienced that in a year.

No pods, no casters

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-29 18:59:24

The guy who replaced him is even worse than him since he is more communist than him.

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-29 19:02:04

At 11/29/21 06:32 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: Twitter is the least censored social media site right now. Despite the regular purges of conservative accounts, the fact is that places like Facebook will ban you instantly for half the stuff that goes on there. The best memes, the most recent and informative political news, and overall just a lot of good shit is going to be purged form the site under the new CEO judging by his Twitter. Most BirdApp users I know are not happy about this at all.

I've seen much better sites than twitter such as Gab and Bitchute as they are more of a friend to both your average right winger and white nationalist than sites like twitter. Didn't facebook change it's name to meta? looking at how bad he is you may as well be right about the guy that replaces dorsey as he turns out to be more communist than dorsey himself.

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-29 19:14:51

At 11/29/21 07:02 PM, Krimer64 wrote:
At 11/29/21 06:32 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: Twitter is the least censored social media site right now. Despite the regular purges of conservative accounts, the fact is that places like Facebook will ban you instantly for half the stuff that goes on there. The best memes, the most recent and informative political news, and overall just a lot of good shit is going to be purged form the site under the new CEO judging by his Twitter. Most BirdApp users I know are not happy about this at all.
I've seen much better sites than twitter such as Gab and Bitchute as they are more of a friend to both your average right winger and white nationalist than sites like twitter. Didn't facebook change it's name to meta? looking at how bad he is you may as well be right about the guy that replaces dorsey as he turns out to be more communist than dorsey himself.

The magical thing about Twitter was that it was basically an unfiltered comment section where you could "comment" under the tweets of most celebrities, about most politics, and most art and music. Lies that perforated the rest of the culture were often exposed on twitter long before anyone else got the message, if you knew where to look. I made friends with Blue Checks that I never thought I would.

While the free speech of right wingers is obviously important and a requirement for free speech to exist generally, that isn't what I liked about it the most. It was that it was an intersection of all types of oddballs and misfits that were entertaining for all sorts of different reasons. Most of which would get you banned on contemporary social media, regardless of which side you are on. Can't even use a 5 second clip of music on facebook, literally.

No pods, no casters

i find it funnier that two days ago he made a post that simply said "i love twitter"

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-29 20:07:07

At 11/29/21 08:02 PM, Gario wrote: i find it funnier that two days ago he made a post that simply said "i love twitter"

I seriously wonder about whether or not he knew what was going on in the Space. Even Kim Dotcom was in there lolol

No pods, no casters

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-29 20:10:13

The new CEO that's incoming has a history of criticizing the first amendment too and doesn't share Dorsey's more hands off approach of letting people say what they want for the most part.

At 11/29/21 08:10 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: The new CEO that's incoming has a history of criticizing the first amendment too and doesn't share Dorsey's more hands off approach of letting people say what they want for the most part.

“One of the changes today that we see is speech is easy on the internet,” he continued. “Most people can speak. Where our role is particularly emphasized is who can be heard.

I think this says it all. They intend to decide who can be heard, and who can't, even moreso than they do now.

Disgusts me to no end how our bootlicking countrymen on the other side of the political spectrum have allowed internet freedom to get gangbanged for half a decade in their name. That was a treasure that isn't easily coming back and they just pissed it away for nothing.

If Google, Twitter, and the rest of the tech companies claimed to be putting the internet under an iron curtain to make it a more MAGA place, you can bet your ass I would never shut up about it, let alone cheer for it.

No pods, no casters

At 11/29/21 08:32 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
At 11/29/21 08:10 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: The new CEO that's incoming has a history of criticizing the first amendment too and doesn't share Dorsey's more hands off approach of letting people say what they want for the most part.
I think this says it all. They intend to decide who can be heard, and who can't, even moreso than they do now.

Disgusts me to no end how our bootlicking countrymen on the other side of the political spectrum have allowed internet freedom to get gangbanged for half a decade in their name. That was a treasure that isn't easily coming back and they just pissed it away for nothing.

If Google, Twitter, and the rest of the tech companies claimed to be putting the internet under an iron curtain to make it a more MAGA place, you can bet your ass I would never shut up about it, let alone cheer for it.

Except it came out that Facebook was pitting people of both sides against each other, by sending them to even more extreme views based on their algorithms. So, a lot of tech companies were doing this shit, while people on the right were playing victim over this by claiming they were being targeted even though they benefited the most from those platforms, and are now trying to take over these sites with policies to cancel out anything they don't like - just like their own tech platforms who are doing the very same thing that they bitch about for those other social media site. At this point, you guys are just abusing the whole free speech thing for political reasons.

Every web page, video game, movie, everything you learn about in school, every book you read, every word you hear uttered must validate the leftist falsification of reality. I don't think this will end until they feel they have total information capture.

No pods, no casters

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-29 21:44:39

At 11/29/21 09:39 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: Every web page, video game, movie, everything you learn about in school, every book you read, every word you hear uttered must validate the leftist falsification of reality. I don't think this will end until they feel they have total information capture.

People have gotten better. I have seen very promising responses to the Omnicromonomocon malarkey. The responses all range from total silence, to a yawn, to full blown belly laughter.

Things are looking up. Just have to rattle the cage a bit more, and the lock will come off

hello

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-29 23:22:40

It's Twitter so who gives a fuck?

Just another NG user.

Thanks, @COOLZONE17500 for the cool signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-30 03:02:31

At 11/29/21 09:39 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: Every web page, video game, movie, everything you learn about in school, every book you read, every word you hear uttered must validate the leftist falsification of reality. I don't think this will end until they feel they have total information capture.

Where have I heard this before...

Ah yes, “Everything in the State, nothing outside the State, nothing against the State.” by that incompetent dumbass Benito Mussolini.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-30 10:38:27

New Twitter policies already coming out. Judging by the reactions everyone knows the direction this is headed in and nobody likes it.

No pods, no casters

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-30 11:27:34

Stop being a partisan dramatist.

At 11/29/21 09:39 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
: Every web page, video game, movie, everything you learn about in school, every book you read, every word you hear uttered must validate the leftist falsification of reality. I don't think this will end until they feel they have total information capture.

It's really just incredible that less than 24 hours after I say this authentic video footage can no longer be shared on Twitter unless approved by mainstream media. Am I a prophet or what?

In the high profile stories of Sandmann and Rittenhouse they were exonerated by authentic video footage that perforated on twitter hours after their stories became big media stories. Sandmann in particular had no other way to be saved other than by internet anons with the full story. News outlets like CNN were caught selectively editing footage about cases other than this because, again, the authentic video footage shared by ordinary users exposed them. The corporate press and their puppet masters will not allow another Rittenhouse to escape their clutches by virtue of citizen journalism.

This is day 1 of the new CEO. Don't think i'll be using that site as a resource much longer. They continue to take more and more ways to hold them accountable away from the public.

Not to mention, this is like 80% of memes. Did you have Drake's permission to post that reaction meme? Banned. But we all know that this will be selectively enforced to ensure nobody can expose the lies of the regime.

No pods, no casters

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-30 12:03:42

At 11/30/21 11:44 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
It's really just incredible that less than 24 hours after I say this authentic video footage can no longer be shared on Twitter unless approved by mainstream media. Am I a prophet or what?

In the high profile stories of Sandmann and Rittenhouse they were exonerated by authentic video footage that perforated on twitter hours after their stories became big media stories. Sandmann in particular had no other way to be saved other than by internet anons with the full story. News outlets like CNN were caught selectively editing footage about cases other than this because, again, the authentic video footage shared by ordinary users exposed them. The corporate press and their puppet masters will not allow another Rittenhouse to escape their clutches by virtue of citizen journalism.

This is day 1 of the new CEO. Don't think i'll be using that site as a resource much longer. They continue to take more and more ways to hold them accountable away from the public.

Not to mention, this is like 80% of memes. Did you have Drake's permission to post that reaction meme? Banned. But we all know that this will be selectively enforced to ensure nobody can expose the lies of the regime.

You certainly like to talk to yourself.

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-30 12:05:38

Do you have a source?

I have found this, which is associated with people banning sharing of images of individuals. This is more in line with hindering cancel culture.

Certainly nothing to do with getting permission from mainstream media.

BBS Signature

At 11/30/21 12:05 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
Do you have a source?

I have found this, which is associated with people banning sharing of images of individuals. This is more in line with hindering cancel culture.

The official policy link is below, and this is a direct quote from what i'm talking about.

We recognize that there are instances where account holders may share images or videos of private individuals in an effort to help someone involved in a crisis situation, such as in the aftermath of a violent event, or as part of a newsworthy event due to public interest value, and this might outweigh the safety risks to a person.

We will always try to assess the context in which the content is shared and, in such cases, we may allow the images or videos to remain on the service. For instance, we would take into consideration whether the image is publicly available and/or is being covered by mainstream/traditional media (newspapers, TV channels, online news sites), or if a particular image and the accompanying tweet text adds value to the public discourse, is being shared in public interest, or is relevant to the community.

This is them directly referencing cases like the ones I mentioned where footage shared by ordinary users saves a persons life or reputation, but here's my problem. In those cases, mainstream media didn't share the footage. Only after the fact, when those videos already existed and were gaining traction, were they forced to mention anything about them. When mainstream media selectively edits footage they do so deliberately. All it takes is for the person speaking to not want to be exposed for calling for violence and under Twitter's policy this malicious and deliberate lie becomes official truth you are not allowed to question, and offering the truth up as evidence becomes a bannable offense.

Expanding our private information policy to include media (twitter.com)

No pods, no casters

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-30 12:57:05

At 11/30/21 12:26 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
Do you have a source?

The official policy link is below, and this is a direct quote from what i'm talking about.

This is them directly referencing cases like the ones I mentioned where footage shared by ordinary users saves a persons life or reputation, but here's my problem. In those cases, mainstream media didn't share the footage. Only after the fact, when those videos already existed and were gaining traction, were they forced to mention anything about them. When mainstream media selectively edits footage they do so deliberately. All it takes is for the person speaking to not want to be exposed for calling for violence and under Twitter's policy this malicious and deliberate lie becomes official truth you are not allowed to question, and offering the truth up as evidence becomes a bannable offense.

Expanding our private information policy to include media (twitter.com)

You know, the billion dollar right wing media has been doing this shit for decades. Just ask James O'keefe, or Fox News, about it. While you may have a few more instances in more left-wing media, it's a lot more rarer for more moderate media sites in the mainstream to edit stuff. But then again, you probably accept this shit from the right, willingly, and are only upset when they magnify this stuff from anything they considered is part of the left.

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-30 13:53:23

Do you have a source?

We recognize that there are instances where account holders may share images or videos of private individuals in an effort to help someone involved in a crisis situation, such as in the aftermath of a violent event, or as part of a newsworthy event due to public interest value, and this might outweigh the safety risks to a person.

We will always try to assess the context in which the content is shared and, in such cases, we may allow the images or videos to remain on the service. For instance, we would take into consideration whether the image is publicly available and/or is being covered by mainstream/traditional media (newspapers, TV channels, online news sites), or if a particular image and the accompanying tweet text adds value to the public discourse, is being shared in public interest, or is relevant to the community.

I think you’re interpreting that policy change blog differently than me, since the key item is

”There are growing concerns about the misuse of media and information that is not available elsewhere online as a tool to harass, intimidate, and reveal the identities of individuals. Sharing personal media, such as images or videos, can potentially violate a person’s privacy, and may lead to emotional or physical harm.”

Also

“While our existing policies and Twitter Rulescover explicit instances of abusive behavior, this update will allow us to take action on media that is shared without any explicit abusive content, provided it’s posted without the consent of the person depicted.”

In the scenario you’re suggesting where it’s an individual’s life or reputation at stake (I.e. cancel culture) it’s not mainstream media but the individual themselves who decide whether it should be taken down.

This policy is against cancel culture.

BBS Signature

At 11/30/21 01:53 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
Do you have a source?

We will always try to assess the context in which the content is shared and, in such cases, we may allow the images or videos to remain on the service. For instance, we would take into consideration whether the image is publicly available and/or is being covered by mainstream/traditional media (newspapers, TV channels, online news sites), or if a particular image and the accompanying tweet text adds value to the public discourse, is being shared in public interest, or is relevant to the community.
I think you’re interpreting that policy change blog differently than me, since the key item is

”There are growing concerns about the misuse of media and information that is not available elsewhere online as a tool to harass, intimidate, and reveal the identities of individuals. Sharing personal media, such as images or videos, can potentially violate a person’s privacy, and may lead to emotional or physical harm.”

Also

“While our existing policies and Twitter Rulescover explicit instances of abusive behavior, this update will allow us to take action on media that is shared without any explicit abusive content, provided it’s posted without the consent of the person depicted.”

In the scenario you’re suggesting where it’s an individual’s life or reputation at stake (I.e. cancel culture) it’s not mainstream media but the individual themselves who decide whether it should be taken down.

This policy is against cancel culture.

Think about what that actually means. A politician that said something they shouldn't have and decides it shouldn't get out can have it digitally axed, police misconduct that an officer doesn't want exposed can be erased, a million other legitimate subjects of journalism or whistleblowing in the public interest can be censored by this policy if its in the hands of people and not mainstream media. Pretty much every Twitter user from the blue check journalists to both sides of the political aisle see this for what it is so I can only say you haven't had much experience with how Twitter actually enforces its policies. This can and will simply lead to more inconvenient facts getting erased off the platform. This also pretty much bans all investigative journalism by design, the most honest and legitimate kind.

No pods, no casters

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-30 21:10:44

Its gonna get more censored and speech will be "corrected" more harshly. Indian dude running it seems like one of those new-age woke indians who see white devil. Im not white but that tweet was retarded. Its just better to dump your trash on twitter and not say anything.

At 11/29/21 06:24 PM, GraywulfDaDolf wrote: If you haven’t heard, @Jack (Jack Dorsey) resigned from Twitter today. Shares are worth 45.78, closing at a loss of -1.29.

But honestly, how do you feel about it? In my opinion, I’m glad that dude left. He looks like a goddamn drifter, and he also banned my account >:(.
But in all seriousness, he’s made a ton of stupid things, and I think the company might be better off without it. Who knows, Tom might buy it out and dissolve it, just like Jack did with Vine.co. It’s the internet, you never know.

What’s your opinion? Are you glad he’s gone, or do you think the company will go belly up without him?

Postscript:
Also, Ironic tweet.

Make Newgrounds Great Again! Moderation should be fair, not abused.

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-11-30 21:18:30

The devil you know is better than the devil you don’t know I guess.

hello

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-12-01 08:08:43

At 11/30/21 09:18 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: The devil you know is better than the devil you don’t know I guess.

The Devil You Know is better than most other metalcore bands.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-12-01 08:12:29

At 11/30/21 10:38 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: New Twitter policies already coming out. Judging by the reactions everyone knows the direction this is headed in and nobody likes it.

>Investigative journalist finds video evidence of drug trafficking.

>Drug trafficker: "HEY I DIDN'T GIVE YOU CONSENT TO RECORD THIS!"

>Police accounts banned for using the video.

>Twatter apologists sucking up to it even harder.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-12-01 09:04:19

At 12/1/21 08:12 AM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 11/30/21 10:38 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: New Twitter policies already coming out. Judging by the reactions everyone knows the direction this is headed in and nobody likes it.

Remember when a certain group warned of corporations becoming too powerful?

hello

Response to Jack Dorsey Steps Down From Twitter Inc. 2021-12-01 09:13:14

At 12/1/21 09:04 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:
Remember when a certain group warned of corporations becoming too powerful?

We told you so, but you'd never listen.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Are we elevating Twitter users to “investigative journalists” now, lol

Likewise, if the drug trafficker is doing something illegal they wouldn’t bring further attention to themselves by filing a dumb report to the Twitter moderation team.

BBS Signature