00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Create a free account to unlock the full magic and wonder of Newgrounds!

DidYouKnowGaming, The Last Stand, Freakpocalypse & More!

7,256 Views | 57 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Did You Know Gaming?

Did You Know Gaming on YouTube did an entire video about Newgrounds’ impact on gaming. They even got @JohnnyUtah to narrate it!

Cyanide & Happiness - Freakpocalypse

Speaking of gaming, Rog aka @Mockery worked with the @Explosm gang to create the Cyanide & Happiness - Freakpocalypse (Episode 1) Collector’s Edition! This includes a physical copy of Freakpocalypse for PS4 or Switch, along with lots of goodies.

iu_475311_1.jpg

The Last Stand: Aftermath

The Last Stand: Aftermath by @Con-Artists released on Steam/PC, Playstation 4&5 and the Xbox Series consoles this week! To celebrate, @jmtb02 from Armor Games gave us ten Steam keys to give away. The first ten people to reply to this post with a link to a cool piece of zombie art in the NG Art Portal (doesn’t have to be yours) will receive a PM from me with a Steam key! This is also a good test to see if you're reading all this.

iu_475312_1.jpg

It all started with this game in 2007:

Community News

@SplatterDash has announced Winners of the NG Audio Deathmatch!

Tankmas ADVENTure is looking for help from artists, programmers, musicians, animators and writers to create magic and wonder throughout the month of December.

@EKublai is looking for writers for The NG Writing Anthology.

@Xinxinix is hosting the Secret Santa 2021 art trade event.

The Streamers Animation War contest is in-progress, with $3k in prizes.

@Hyptosis will be kicking off an art contest later this week and @Bill is cooking up another art contest to be announced in December, with prizes funded by Picollage 2020 poster sales!

We have other stuff you can snag on the Newgrounds Shark Robot store, if you’re shopping for the holidays.

There was a bug with project invites that should now be fixed, if you ever had problems adding people to a project.

Halloween Spooktacular winners are about ready to announce, expect them soon. The Best of October were announced earlier this month.

November is going by fast! I hope you’ve been keeping up with all the cool stuff on the site.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

I haven't watched that video yet on DidYouKnowGaming but I can say it is still impressive how Newgrounds has to maintain this long after 25+ years of hosting Flash content. No site can honestly beat that record.

on another note, here a cool zombie fanart from my favorite artist:

At 11/18/21 09:45 AM, TomFulp wrote:

The Last Stand: Aftermath by @Con-Artists released on Steam/PC, Playstation 4&5 and the Xbox Series consoles this week! To celebrate, @jmtb02 from Armor Games gave us ten Steam keys to give away. The first ten people to reply to this post with a link to a cool piece of zombie art in the NG Art Portal (doesn’t have to be yours) will receive a PM from me with a Steam key! This is also a good test to see if you're reading all this.

That sounds cool. I always liked the last stand and almost made a fan game based off the original concept once. Was going to post it to NG but I ran out of time to make it. Maybe I'll go back to it one day.

would help if I remembered to post the art along with the post. I quite like this one albiet it's from quite a while ago

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

I definitely want that cyanide and happiness thingy. (Saves for christmas suggestions)

Also, zombie art from my favorites!

At 11/18/21 09:45 AM, TomFulp wrote: Did You Know Gaming?

Did You Know Gaming on YouTube did an entire video about Newgrounds’ impact on gaming. They even got @JohnnyUtah to narrate it!

Cyanide & Happiness - Freakpocalypse

Speaking of gaming, Rog aka @Mockery worked with the @Explosm gang to create the Cyanide & Happiness - Freakpocalypse (Episode 1) Collector’s Edition! This includes a physical copy of Freakpocalypse for PS4 or Switch, along with lots of goodies.

The Last Stand: Aftermath

Darn, I got here in time to win, but I'm not liable to have time for gaming any time soon •́ ‿ ,•̀

I'm going to throw in a link, just so I can feel like I participated. Also to try it out.

Oh man, there is a metric shit ton of cool zombie art on here!

Also, while I have your attention, is there anyway to change the playback speed on the audio portal? It's becoming a pretty standard thing on a lot of media sites, nice for people like me who listen to podcasts at 1.5 speed. Might even already be wrapped up in whatever html5 player you're using, so could just be a UI thing. Also also, since I still have your attention, I love your site :D. Glad you never sold out,lol

edit: oooh, is that how it works?

Should it be only zombies?

Didn't expect to see did you know gaming cover newgrounds. also, does this count?

d-yeah...

That video was a great watch, Newgrounds is the most exciting place to be a creator right now

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/potatoman/sexy-potatoman

damn seems like im too late for a key then (or am I?) oh well I hope everyone enjoys it, I sure still enjoy the classic last stand game. Well heres a picture anyways :D

I don’t want a key cuz I don’t have steam. I just wanted to say:

this is Tom Fulp.

also first post

None

I have to see the video of Didyouknowgaming right away!!!

Also, it's amazing to see see two great franchises like Cyanide&Happines and The Last Stand having new content, i hope to have the time to check them out.

Here's my favorite image of another great zombie games franchise, Road of the Dead, Lab of the Dead and Range of the Dead. I remember playing these game and the last stand a lot! :,)

At 11/18/21 09:45 AM, TomFulp wrote: There was a bug with project invites that should now be fixed, if you ever had problems adding people to a project.

Fuck yes

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

I love seeing Newgrounds get talked about on Youtube, especially by notable Youtubers. I feel like a ton of people focus on other sites or art platforms, which is fine, but I feel like NG should have some more awknowledgement, considering it's impact within the last year! and it's rise in popularity is definitely something to not ignore outside of the site. Definitely gonna watch the video though!

Also this is technically zombie art! since the fanart is based on Left 4 Dead, one of my favorite games! I think it's really funny and cool. Who hasn't modded L4D honestly XD

Alternatively, I saw this too and thought it looked sick :0

This is going to be my first secret santa participation, i hope my work worth it. :D!

EL BEHEDOG

BBS Signature

RIP NINJAMUFFIN COLLAB NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Its not even close to a competition. This has been both the most interresting and entertaining DYKG video ever made.

If im not to late, then:

Oh yeah! All this good news are awesome! I already watched the DYG video, pretty cool!

And thanks for letting us know about the art contests, I will try to join!

And here's the zombie art!

Hard to believe how far The Last Stand came. https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/androcker/zombie

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

So I'm too lazy to check if there have already been 10 zombie posts, but it's always worth taking the time to highlight some of the amazing talent in the NG community, so here's one I especially like regardless of whether the entries are full or not. :)

That's really cool!

I can't believe JohnnyUtha's the narrator of the this episode.

all of this is awesome!

This is all so cool! I had no idea that there was a new Last Stand game- I have great memories playing those games in school lmao.

Windmill Windmill for the land

BBS Signature

I did not get a chance to view it. I wonder if I was mentioned at all?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

At 11/18/21 01:07 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: Did you know,

I can't stop laughing at your quote to Tom in that video

My shells are moving on their own!

BBS Signature

Oh shit, they actually ok'd it too, Techne's eat'n good tonight I guess

Yeah, I checked out the entire video. No mention of me at all. That is just sad.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature