00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dialusional just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What video games are you TIRED of hearing about?

4,597 Views | 109 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-20 00:50:11

At 11/19/21 09:51 PM, Skoops wrote:
At 11/19/21 07:35 PM, orangebomb wrote: Shin Megami Tensei/Persona. You can like both the OG series and the spinoff of the MegaTen franchises. Also, stop comparing the two with each other just because they have some similar mechanics. Naoto Shirogane isn’t going to sit on your face if you like one series and call the other one a rip-off, get over it.
It's funny, I've been a fan of both series for more than 15 years, and I've only ever heard about the gatekeeping and infighting second-hand. Maybe I'm just an adult that hangs out with adults or something, I dunno. But even as a kid, never ran into it. Must all be taking place in some corner of the internet that's actually pretty easy to avoid.

It’s more of a recent thing than a recurring one (think P4G and beyond) considering that the Persona franchise had a head start in the West compared to SMT. (Considering up to that point, SMT was practically lathering themselves with Judeo-Christian themes, and a lot of it was quite negative) Probably because of this, it was a long time until the West realized that Persona was a spin-off that came after SMT. That, and (I hate using this comparison, but it fits) SMT was Dark Souls long before Dark Souls, compared to Persona, which was more balanced in difficulty.

It’s not common, but the SMT/Persona pissing contests can be annoying and petty.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-20 01:30:52

At 11/20/21 12:50 AM, orangebomb wrote:
At 11/19/21 09:51 PM, Skoops wrote:
At 11/19/21 07:35 PM, orangebomb wrote: Shin Megami Tensei/Persona. You can like both the OG series and the spinoff of the MegaTen franchises. Also, stop comparing the two with each other just because they have some similar mechanics. Naoto Shirogane isn’t going to sit on your face if you like one series and call the other one a rip-off, get over it.
It's funny, I've been a fan of both series for more than 15 years, and I've only ever heard about the gatekeeping and infighting second-hand. Maybe I'm just an adult that hangs out with adults or something, I dunno. But even as a kid, never ran into it. Must all be taking place in some corner of the internet that's actually pretty easy to avoid.
It’s more of a recent thing than a recurring one (think P4G and beyond) considering that the Persona franchise had a head start in the West compared to SMT. (Considering up to that point, SMT was practically lathering themselves with Judeo-Christian themes, and a lot of it was quite negative) Probably because of this, it was a long time until the West realized that Persona was a spin-off that came after SMT. That, and (I hate using this comparison, but it fits) SMT was Dark Souls long before Dark Souls, compared to Persona, which was more balanced in difficulty.

It’s not common, but the SMT/Persona pissing contests can be annoying and petty.

Yeah, I mean I could see how people would have an unequal exposure to the branches of the series; Persona 3 was my introduction before the main series, but the late PS2/DS era was a great time to be a fan of all of it: Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor - all the devils. The only thing I ever felt was excitement that they could do so much different stuff with the same central core.

I just never really heard anything from anyone that loved one string of games and felt that it meant they had to hate all the other games. I hear about that happening now that P5 is a runaway hit, but if their goal is to protect the main series, I feel like the release of SMT V proves their fears were unfounded. It's super popular; the rising tide lifted all ships.

At 11/19/21 03:03 AM, ProjectSoary wrote:
At 11/14/21 03:20 AM, ngman7 wrote: I'm tired of hearing about the Super Smash Bros. games, especially Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

No, it has nothing to do with Waluigi being added to the roster of playable characters or not. There are a number of other popular video game characters people wanted to be added to the roster but didn't make the cut.

I think the games are highly overrated and overhyped. I've seen videos of them online and I recall seeing reviews for some of the games in the series on TV which featured gameplay and cinematics.

People are acting like these games are a big to-do.

I don't recall any other fighting games, like the ones in the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat series, ever getting as much attention as the Super Smash Bros. games.

It seems like the Internet won't shut up about the Super Smash Bros. games. I am constantly getting notices about new articles about stuff pertaining to them on my smartphone.

What games are you tired of hearing about?
Raid Shadow Legends. All mobile games honestly.

I get tired of hearing about these online and mobile games that YouTube content creators plug towards the end of their videos.

Isn't Friday Night Funkin' basically like Dance Dance Revolution or like Parappa the Rapper but with singing?

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-20 07:13:12

i guess fortnite and sometimes yandere simulator (tho that's because of the creator, after i learned what he did and was doing in 2020, i just stopped liking the game and it's creator)

I eat, I draw, I sleep.

BBS Signature

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-20 09:40:06

At 11/18/21 12:43 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote:
At 11/18/21 10:23 AM, captainsmiles wrote: GENSHIN IMPACT OH MY FUCKING GOD YES I GET IT YOU SIMP OVER MOTHERFUCKING COOKIE CUTTER ANIME PEOPLE AND YOU GO CRAZY OVER YOUR STUPID VIRTUAL GACHA ADDICTION
I just found out that game made $1 billion in its first 6 months. WTF?

"Anime was a mistake." - totally Hayao Miyazaki

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-20 10:41:28

At 11/20/21 10:34 AM, Qwerty-hoi wrote: Its gotta be Team Fortress 2, despite the game being good on its own, the fan content is very rarely good and most of the time it’s just repetitive. Every single meme is “Engineer Gaming” or some other shit like that, just sick of it lol

Isn't "Engineer Gaming" technically a remake of "Sans Gaming" meme?

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-20 15:03:06

At 11/20/21 11:59 AM, Nontinde wrote: Of course Friday Night Funkin'. The game is truly overrated, and I know it caused a lot of people to join Newgrounds, but of course I didn't for FnF, I did because of the animations.. Besides, there are a lot of better games here, like Deadswitch 3, A Koopa's revenge, Pizzio's Pizza and all the ones from Rob1221. Friday Night Funkin' is not fun to play, and the characters are forgettable, cringy, and stupid of course. There was another way to make a good rhytm game that wasn't creating characters that do strange sounds to give a solution to their problems. And the worst is when the community makes mods against horror characters (like Suicide Mouse, Huggy Wuggy or the pseudo terror character Sonic.exe), because it's like "I'm going to kill ya, blue haired dwarf, and the way I'll do it is making anormal sounds". It's ridiculous. So, what will se have tomorrow? A horror movie of a monster who kills its victims """""singing""""" while uses a microphone? Who does the evil with sounds? Oh, sorry, we already have. I think was called Siren Head or something like that.
And don't get mad, it's just my opinion, I'm trying to give arguments of why I think FnF it's overrated.

I joined because of nostalgia (I was in here a while ago)

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-20 15:25:09

genshin impact , like dude it can't be that good some of you are lying

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-20 16:26:49

Kinda tired about hearing The Next Latest and Greatest Innovation in FPS Games, and it's just another fomofueled rank grinding thing. Like it's been 13 years and I haven't really seen anything actually more worth playing than TF2/CS/Halo.

And microsoft broke Halo on linux and slapped a seasonal fomo grinder on it right before launch lmao

There's some other games I think that I'm tired of hearing, but mostly there's just some pretty great games.

But the only one I could think would mobile games. In fact, ANY mobile games.

-Five Nights at Freddy's/any scrimblo bimblo "horror" game

-Friday Night Funkin

-Team Fortress 2 (I like the game. The community's just really annoying.)

-Among Us (only the sus/amogus memes though cause they're overused to shit.)

-DOOM 2016 and Eternal (I also like the games but the same "RIBBON TERE :DDD" jokes get very stale after a while)

-Guilty Gear Strive (Only GG game I don't care about)

-Genshin Impact

-Cookie Run

-Smash Bros Ultimate (other games are fine though)

-Pokemon

-Final Fantasy

-Persona 5

FOR GOD'S SAKE, OPEN THE SILO DOOR! THEY'RE COMING FOR US, IT'S OUR ONLY WAY OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-21 03:30:48

I'm the same with a lot of people. Fortnite, Among Us, Super Smash Bros, Dark Souls, and whatnot.

Personally, for me, I've downloaded a game on my phone called Cardfight!! Vanguard, a card game that I liked as a teen. I played it for a bit to see how the game works and I haven't touched it for a few months. I have been hit with ads about this game EVERYWHERE. It's gotten to the point where I dislike the game for the amount of ads shoved into my face even though I already have it.

"Booba"

BBS Signature

At 11/20/21 01:33 AM, ngman7 wrote:
At 11/19/21 03:03 AM, ProjectSoary wrote:
At 11/14/21 03:20 AM, ngman7 wrote: I'm tired of hearing about the Super Smash Bros. games, especially Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

No, it has nothing to do with Waluigi being added to the roster of playable characters or not. There are a number of other popular video game characters people wanted to be added to the roster but didn't make the cut.

I think the games are highly overrated and overhyped. I've seen videos of them online and I recall seeing reviews for some of the games in the series on TV which featured gameplay and cinematics.

I don't recall any other fighting games, like the ones in the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat series, ever getting as much attention as the Super Smash Bros. games.

It seems like the Internet won't shut up about the Super Smash Bros. games. I am constantly getting notices about new articles about stuff pertaining to them on my smartphone.

Raid Shadow Legends. All mobile games honestly.
I get tired of hearing about these online and mobile games that YouTube content creators plug towards the end of their videos.

Sometimes those games get plugged towards the beginning of these videos.

I don't like the plugs for these games.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-23 19:59:07

At 11/21/21 07:57 AM, MuhammedFiras wrote:
At 11/21/21 03:54 AM, ngman7 wrote: Sometimes those games get plugged towards the beginning of these videos.
I think you know why, because money, a lot of mainstream Youtubers treat their Youtube careers as full-time jobs, so money is involved, and most game companies can ask them to advertise their games.

Aren't separated-video reviews better in giving information?

There are other things YouTubers can plug besides video games.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-25 04:53:36

friday night funkin. i’m not trying to say that i hate the game, as a matter of fact i like the art style… but my god it is overrated as FUCK. especially for being some DDR/PaRappa The Rapper combination

BBS Signature

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-26 16:40:01

FNF, I might like it, but I feel like everybody is milking the dead cow too much.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-27 12:52:00

I'm beyond disgusted of people continuing to promote games made by abusive rapists, extra points if they claim to cover the news only to then turn around and go "NEW FAR CRY GAME YAY LETS ALL FORGET ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED!"

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-12-08 14:51:27

At 11/19/21 02:16 AM, Funkyaxolotl wrote:
At 11/18/21 01:10 PM, MaxyNorsky wrote:

To be honest, FNF. Yeah it’s a fun game and all, but it has reached the point where it’s just dull and annoying, especially annoying.
I remember once ,I usually play with the children in the neighbourhood since they always want me to, a new kid was there and all he did was make weird fnf sounds and say "FNF iS tHE BeST GamE eVeR" and when a kid said "whats fnf?" He started shouting at him for no reason but I stepped in and stopped it thank god

that's why children under the age of 13 are not allowed on the internet under any circumstances

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-12-09 15:23:29

FNF ofc. I used to like it but then it got wayyy too popular and its just got boring after a while. Also the shit ton of mods lol.

So tired of hearing about Undertale/Deltarune

It gets so annoying because even if I wanted to get into these games, they're so boring for me. Everytime the games come back into tbe public eye, I just wanna log off until the hype dies down

Edit: was looking through more posts and thought of some more games

Minecraft: please people why do you overhype a block game, it's not even that revolutionary (i don't hate minecraft, it just gets annoying to hear about)

Poppy Playtime: watched vinesauce joel's video where he played and it just seemed like an off brand Bendy (that game is ALSO mediocre at best)

I might have more that i despise, but here's at least a small list

Currently playing: Pokemon Black, Shadow the Hedgehog, Ace Attorney 3

BBS Signature

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-12-10 12:54:51

At 11/18/21 12:43 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote:
At 11/18/21 10:23 AM, captainsmiles wrote: GENSHIN IMPACT OH MY FUCKING GOD YES I GET IT YOU SIMP OVER MOTHERFUCKING COOKIE CUTTER ANIME PEOPLE AND YOU GO CRAZY OVER YOUR STUPID VIRTUAL GACHA ADDICTION
I just found out that game made $1 billion in its first 6 months. WTF?

yes, because there so many weebs to pay this game to get a virtual girl, and they are just a bunch of codes.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-12-10 19:18:51

At 12/8/21 02:51 PM, MaxyNorsky wrote:

To be honest, FNF. Yeah it’s a fun game and all, but it has reached the point where it’s just dull and annoying, especially annoying.
I remember once ,I usually play with the children in the neighbourhood since they always want me to, a new kid was there and all he did was make weird fnf sounds and say "FNF iS tHE BeST GamE eVeR" and when a kid said "whats fnf?" He started shouting at him for no reason but I stepped in and stopped it thank god
that's why children under the age of 13 are not allowed on the internet under any circumstances

Says who? I don't think kids under 13 should be online unsupervised.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-12-10 19:40:22

At 12/10/21 07:18 PM, ngman7 wrote:

Under 13s are definitely not allowed on Newgrounds.

iu_494031_8405675.webp

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-12-10 20:35:34

im tired of hearing fnf and deltarune

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-12-11 16:44:54

At 12/10/21 08:37 PM, Funkyaxolotl wrote:

There are obviously children that know their limits and vibe,but sadly they are extremely rare

I remember when i was under 13 years old, i used to act like a genuinely ok person at one time, and a giant pain in the ass at the other on the internet.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-12-11 22:37:07

At 12/10/21 07:40 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote:
At 12/10/21 07:18 PM, ngman7 wrote:

Under 13s are definitely not allowed on Newgrounds.

That's obvious but I'm not talking about Newgrounds.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-12-12 18:34:55

At 12/11/21 07:42 PM, Funkyaxolotl wrote:
At 12/11/21 04:44 PM, MaxyNorsky wrote:
At 12/10/21 08:37 PM, Funkyaxolotl wrote:

Why does YouTube Kids exist? Kids under 13 watch cartoons.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-12-20 16:23:10

Shout out to simpleflips

At 12/12/21 06:34 PM, ngman7 wrote:
Why does YouTube Kids exist? Kids under 13 watch cartoons.

To gain more users and ruin the original YouTube... Blame Alphabet, Google, and one of the staff members that made this idea... Also not everyone has TVs, some prefer to use tablets or computers (desk held or using a labtop).

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-12-25 19:52:30

Friday Night Funkin And Poppy Playtime. They both got popularised y,know what that Means. yOuTUbE KIdS MUkBaNG OMG KISsy WIsSY DAtE HUgGY wUGgy omg BoIfREID AND WITY WITH whiTTY BoMb mukBAnG.