00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What video games are you TIRED of hearing about?

4,594 Views | 109 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm tired of hearing about the Super Smash Bros. games, especially Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

No, it has nothing to do with Waluigi being added to the roster of playable characters or not. There are a number of other popular video game characters people wanted to be added to the roster but didn't make the cut.

I think the games are highly overrated and overhyped. I've seen videos of them online and I recall seeing reviews for some of the games in the series on TV which featured gameplay and cinematics.

People are acting like these games are a big to-do.

I don't recall any other fighting games, like the ones in the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat series, ever getting as much attention as the Super Smash Bros. games.

It seems like the Internet won't shut up about the Super Smash Bros. games. I am constantly getting notices about new articles about stuff pertaining to them on my smartphone.

What games are you tired of hearing about?

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-14 14:27:54

poppy playtime and most other horror games like it

i think the game is alright and might be great in the future but damn it’s literally everywhere right now

BBS Signature

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-14 18:35:30

At 11/14/21 05:05 PM, soopking64 wrote:
At 11/14/21 03:20 AM, ngman7 wrote: I'm tired of hearing about the Super Smash Bros. games, especially Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

No, it has nothing to do with Waluigi being added to the roster of playable characters or not. There are a number of other popular video game characters people wanted to be added to the roster but didn't make the cut.

I think the games are highly overrated and overhyped. I've seen videos of them online and I recall seeing reviews for some of the games in the series on TV which featured gameplay and cinematics.

I don't recall any other fighting games, like the ones in the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat series, ever getting as much attention as the Super Smash Bros. games.

It seems like the Internet won't shut up about the Super Smash Bros. games. I am constantly getting notices about new articles about stuff pertaining to them on my smartphone.

pretty much every popular game. i mean most of them are good standalone but of course, the internet for who knows why likes to shove it into the ground until everyone is fucking sick of it

Same. I think the reason why "the internet likes to shove it into the ground until everyone gets [expletive] sick of it" is because of how the Internet and how fanboyism works. Also I don't like Among Us and Friday Night Funkin', both of them are rather OK games to pass time but it's extremely overrated. In a similar note, I often wonder why Minecraft, despite being out for over a decade, has never been considered overrated nor has it ever dropped out of popularity. Maybe because the game is actually good?

At 11/14/21 09:18 AM, SebDev wrote: im tired of hearing of among us and fnf

like yeah they're good games and all but its littered all over the internet

There are talks about new Smash games being made after Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in the future and maybe in these games Waluigi and/or other popular video game characters will be added to the roster of playable characters. But at this point in time who cares?

I recall getting tired of hearing about Team Fortress 2, Overnight and Fortnite and about seeing memes related to these games.

I don't know too much about these games - all I know off-hand is the first one has crappy-looking characters in it, the second one has LGBTQIA characters in it which the internet made a big to-do over and the last one has dancing bimbos in it.

I remember hearing about how people were carrying on about the way some of the female characters were designed in Overwatch - I recall reading online articles and watching online videos about this.

I am happy the online hype surrounding these games died down.

I don't really know too much about current next-gen games in general. I haven't played any console games in years.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-14 21:08:10

I am getting tired of hearing about Roblox. I'm surprised it is still going strong after 15 years. And it hasn't even updated its graphics in that entire time.

At 11/14/21 07:22 PM, ngman7 wrote: There are talks about new Smash games being made after Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in the future and maybe in these games Waluigi and/or other popular video game characters will be added to the roster of playable characters. But at this point in time who cares?

People are still playing the game, so plenty do care about the game.

I recall getting tired of hearing about Team Fortress 2, Overnight and Fortnite and about seeing memes related to these games.

Well here is some bad news: Overwatch 2 has been announced, so you will continue to hear about Overwatch for much of the decade. But some good news for you: Because of Blizzard's currently chaotic management is in disarray, the game is possibly pushed to 2023. But still bad news for you: there are still updates for the first game for the time being.

I don't know too much about these games - all I know off-hand is the first one has crappy-looking characters in it, the second one has LGBTQIA characters in it which the internet made a big to-do over

And strangely all three games have a cartoony aesthetic with some violence so maybe you don't like games that look like that.

and the last one has dancing bimbos in it.

Correction: dancing bimbos AND dancing Batman.

iu_472594_8405675.gif

And if having gay characters is a big thumbs down for you, than I am shocked you didn't include The Last of Us 2 with its gay main character. Or even games that lets players get involved in same sex romance like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, and Life is Strange.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-15 04:10:24

At 11/14/21 09:08 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote: I am getting tired of hearing about Roblox. I'm surprised it is still going strong after 15 years. And it hasn't even updated its graphics in that entire time.

At 11/14/21 07:22 PM, ngman7 wrote: There are talks about new Smash games being made after Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in the future and maybe in these games Waluigi and/or other popular video game characters will be added to the roster of playable characters. But at this point in time who cares?

Well here is some bad news: Overwatch 2 has been announced, so you will continue to hear about Overwatch for much of the decade. But some good news for you: Because of Blizzard's currently chaotic management is in disarray, the game is possibly pushed to 2023. But still bad news for you: there are still updates for the first game for the time being.

I don't know too much about these games - all I know off-hand is the first one has crappy-looking characters in it, the second one has LGBTQIA characters in it which the internet made a big to-do over
And strangely all three games have a cartoony aesthetic with some violence so maybe you don't like games that look like that.

And if having gay characters is a big thumbs down for you, than I am shocked you didn't include The Last of Us 2 with its gay main character. Or even games that lets players get involved in same sex romance like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, and Life is Strange.

That dancing Batman is probably the gayest thing I've seen online in a long time.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-15 06:50:36

The only game I can think about that I'm tired of hearing about probably would be the soulsborne games and how if a game is even a bit hard people will compare the two. It's kinda like when people talk about a film and they say "this will do to blank like what Jaws did to sharks"

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-15 15:18:14

At 11/15/21 04:10 AM, ngman7 wrote:
At 11/14/21 09:08 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote: I am getting tired of hearing about Roblox. I'm surprised it is still going strong after 15 years. And it hasn't even updated its graphics in that entire time.

That dancing Batman is probably the gayest thing I've seen online in a long time.

I remember hearing about people making a big fuss over Tracer's original victory pose in Overwatch so Blizzard had to change it:

iu_473129_2319004.webp

The new pose is on the right but I don't see how it's an improvement. It seems to be drawing MORE attention to her butt.

Anyway I got tired of hearing about this.

I got tired of hearing about every new Grand Theft Auto game that came out. Those games are disgusting.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-15 17:56:01

At 11/15/21 04:10 AM, ngman7 wrote: That dancing Batman is probably the gayest thing I've seen online in a long time.

I've seen gayer stuff.

At 11/15/21 03:18 PM, ngman7 wrote: I remember hearing about people making a big fuss over Tracer's original victory pose in Overwatch so Blizzard had to change it:

The new pose is on the right but I don't see how it's an improvement. It seems to be drawing MORE attention to her butt.

Anyway I got tired of hearing about this.

Wasn't that years ago, about when the game first launched? Are people still talking about that? I thought people were talking about McCree's name change because of the aforementioned Blizzard management shitshow.

I got tired of hearing about every new Grand Theft Auto game that came out. Those games are disgusting.

The last new one came out in 2013. Every GTA news since then are for any new GTA V DLC or re-releases of the old games.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-16 05:32:27

I got tired of hearing about Minecraft. I don't get it's appeal.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-17 07:29:44

At 11/14/21 03:20 AM, ngman7 wrote: No, it has nothing to do with Waluigi being added to the roster of playable characters or not.
ʸᵉˢ ᶦᵗ ᵈᵒᵉˢ.

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - Discord: Trit#9469

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-17 10:04:05

Metal Gear Solid. It keeps popping up in these "Top 10, Top 50 greatest games of all time"

to me it's just a mediocre top down stealth game.

Many other games do stealth better than MGS ever did and utilize the full 3D environment.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-17 10:38:41

Among Us is getting SO ANNOYING. And correct me if I'm wrong, but it's dead by now, right?

the game youre playing with my heart. n-ggaman7 pls unblock me im so desperate. im losing sleep over this. im losing hair over this. i cant go on PLEAASSSEE

DONT GIVE YOUR KID A BOWL CUT YOU MIGHT AS WELL KILL HIM

BBS Signature

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-17 11:11:07

I don't go out of my way to listen to things I don't want to hear about, but I'm sure my life would be better if I never heard another person try and shill FF14 or World of Warcraft ever again. Or any "slow burn" game on that note.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-17 11:58:18

At 11/14/21 03:20 AM, ngman7 wrote: I'm tired of hearing about the Super Smash Bros. games, especially Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

to be honest, genshin impact, it's getting annoying, i mean, i was like: ¨interesting but im not interested¨ and with the fans, dude, it's getting even more annoying

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-17 14:02:55

At 11/14/21 02:27 PM, Healmore6969 wrote: poppy playtime and most other horror games like it
i think the game is alright and might be great in the future but damn it’s literally everywhere right now

EXACTLY! I DESPISE IT SO BAD I WANT PEOPLE TO STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!

I'm working I promise :)

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-17 14:04:44

I dont hate fnf I hate the mods. It's just repetitive and it's to the point where it's annoying

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-17 14:06:29

I dont hate fnf I just hate the majority if the mods

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-17 14:18:19

Yeah, Forknite is the one which im tired af, just please don't wanna see that again.

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-17 14:28:50

FNAF. I don't really hate it that much, but something about somebody coming up to me in VRChat with an avatar from that game just hits a nerve. Can't explain it.

I tell people how to better their lives and don't follow my own advice.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-17 16:24:05

Sorry to hear this, but Minecraft.

I can tolerate things like Poppy Playtime, FNF, Among us and Fortnite all day and all night but i can't stand minecraft because for some reason, it's just regarded as "BeST gAmE of All TiMe".

Dude, Minecraft is just blocks and pixel graphics. Also the vanilla game gets stale real fast.

Maybe also the fact that I am suffering from the cringe i've given when i was at my minecraft fanboy period.

Minecraft isn't a BAD game, but it's not a 10/10 masterpiece for me. Honestly, the only strength it has is building. But really, I don't feel so incredibly intrigued to do some blocky building 24/7.

Goodlands, a mere name that implies a land where balkanization doesn't happen.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-18 00:04:45

Call of Duty in general (I haven't played the game since Black Ops 1), FNF as a whole (I don't hate that game, but it got over-hyped), Among Us for the stale memes, and Fortnite in General (I have heard about it, but I never understood is appeal). So what is your stance on Team Fortress 2, you hated the game, but yet you never explained on why.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-18 09:47:50

there was a flash game long time ago that i never heard again, dont remember the name either, i remember it was about a zombie girl with a pirate hat, a hook by hand and had a patch, he did adventures in a 2-d platformer, all to meet a squid that would lead him to meet a guy he met in a dream, and he had to complete some quest around and had some mini games around, anyway i know its a plot weird, but it was an awesome game, unfortunately nobody remembers the name.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-18 10:23:06

GENSHIN IMPACT OH MY FUCKING GOD YES I GET IT YOU SIMP OVER MOTHERFUCKING COOKIE CUTTER ANIME PEOPLE AND YOU GO CRAZY OVER YOUR STUPID VIRTUAL GACHA ADDICTION

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-18 10:33:51

Seeing as NGman7 has 99 percent of newgrounds blocked

Personally I'm sick of all the call of duty games, NBA, NFL, MLB and soo on

BBS Signature

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-18 12:43:29

At 11/18/21 10:23 AM, captainsmiles wrote: GENSHIN IMPACT OH MY FUCKING GOD YES I GET IT YOU SIMP OVER MOTHERFUCKING COOKIE CUTTER ANIME PEOPLE AND YOU GO CRAZY OVER YOUR STUPID VIRTUAL GACHA ADDICTION

I just found out that game made $1 billion in its first 6 months. WTF?

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-18 13:10:06

To be honest, FNF. Yeah it’s a fun game and all, but it has reached the point where it’s just dull and annoying, especially annoying.

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-18 13:32:27

GOD DAMN AMOUNG US

Response to What video games are you TIRED of hearing about? 2021-11-18 13:57:05

Call of duty. When the game comes out everyone is litterly going ape shit about it. It's fucking annoying. More annoying is that the newest games are not even good. They are actually terribile

obama

BBS Signature