! ~ IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN ~ !
Y'know, that time when we all gather around, check our pockets, and shell out what we're socially obligated (but not physically obligated) to in order to support the social constructs put in place by our ancestors.
That's right... tax season.
Wait, that's not right?
SECRET SANTA 2021
(GIF by @Template88)
Oof, I was reading the wrong notecards :v
BUT THAT'S RIGHT, SECRET SANTA 2021, NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH SECRET SANTA 2020
- 2020 completion rate ~ 91% (around 377)
- 2020 response rate ~ 96% (around 397)
This means out of the prior 415 Secret Santa entrants more than 9 out of 10 people completed theirs in time (mostly.)
lots of good art in there ^
So what does that mean for us?
It means we expect to come together once again as a community to share our talents with each other and have a little bit of fun. There were VERY FEW times to gripe last year: everyone was respectful, attentive, and communicative. There are even names on the list I forgot to mark as complete because they finished late (but at least they finished!)
Last year, a few artists volunteered to draw Secret Santas for people who did theirs but didn't receive one, and that was too wholesome for words. This year I'll be asking for help as well, so please reach out if you're available to either help coordinate minor aspects of the Secret Santa or help post the drawings on Christmas Day at midnight (like we did last year ^^).
A big shout out to everyone that helped last year:
And an even bigger thanks to everyone that participated and completed their Secret Santa on time ~
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Post your OC or persona to this thread by Nov. 25th (all day, all timezones)
- Make sure it's a good reference
your skill level as an artist is not important, but your reference is.
full body references > upper torso references > bust references > just a head reference
- Only one character per user
- (OPTIONAL) Add me on Discord at Xinxinix#8147
by adding me on Discord I can communicate your Secret Santa earlier than through PMs, and also give you a cool role in the NGP Discord server saying you're participating in this year's Secret Santa, complete with our own Secret Santa chat!
RULES TO FOLLOW:
- Your reference will determine who will get your Secret Santa TO A MINOR DEGREE
someone who posts a really good reference will be given to someone with the talent-range to handle it, but not always; mostly everyone's Secret Santa is chosen at random
- BY NO MEANS should you communicate to your Secret Santa that you're drawing their character!
this is supposed to be a fun time of art-gift-giving & there's nothing quite like being surprised on Christmas Day, so don't ruin it for your Secret Santa, please
- DO NOT ASK TO EXCHANGE YOUR SECRET SANTA
If you're truly uncomfortable with drawing your Secret Santa, I can try a work around, but more than likely you'll be stuck with whoever you're paired up with, so keep that in mind, please
- Your Secret Santa will be given to you sometime after Nov. 25th either via PMs or through Discord
- PLEASE RESPOND to the message telling you who your Secret Santa is
I use this information to pass onto your Secret Santa if you responded to knowing who your SS is, this way they know if their artist at least acknowledged their responsibility
- SEND YOUR DRAWING DIRECTLY TO ME either via Discord or through PMs
I'll be collecting all the drawings and organizing the spreadsheet to see who has completed theirs, who has responded to the PM telling them their SS, and who became unreceptive after entering into the Secret Santa
- YOU MUST BE DONE BY DECEMBER 25th, 12am EST
I suggest getting it done as quickly as possible so you don't have to worry about anything other than getting it over to me
HELP AND FACTS:
- MESSAGE ME AT ANY TIME FOR ANY QUESTIONS
- If you choose to participate and fall through on your end of the Secret Santa, then you will possibly be excluded from next year's depending on the circumstances
Nice: You drew for someone but someone didn't draw for you
Naughty: Someone drew for you but you didn't draw for someone
- There is a 24hr 100 PM limit on Newgrounds
I found out last year that NG has a PM limit, so getting everyone their Secret Santas via PM took over four whole days. Adding me on Discord can help with this as well as asking to help plan the SS can get the PMs out a lot earlier
And that's pretty much it.
The main thing is to have fun and make some cool connections!
Good luck, and don't forget to feed Krampus biscuits so he spares your household this year! ^^